All Comments on 'Dead and Horny Ch. 05'

by writerannabelle

Sort by:
  • 48 Comments
wolfe1983wolfe1983over 3 years ago

I've been following this entire world for a good while now, and I marvel at the ideas that jump out of your mind onto the page! Splendid work, and can't wait to see more!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Is good, fam

I'll be straight with you friend, I think I like this series more than the HFHM proper stories. Can't wait for more.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Or three? Or four??

No matter who's there, I'm so excited to finally see them again! Great work as always and can't wait for the next installment!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Plymouth?

Was it a '58 Plymouth Fury named Christine? :)

CreepyDragonCreepyDragonover 3 years ago
Spiders!

I hope we get to meet the arachnids! I've been waiting for them to show up again. That being said, I am totally loving Lily and Dana's interactions, and I am shipping them hard. I hope Dana can let go of Alex and choose to love Lily, and I'm hopping Lily can reciprocate Dana's love.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
love me some eldritch horrors

But definitely more excited to see Oregon again. I've been waiting for it to come up in the main story line again.since you first wrote about it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Always a sad ending

I have very much enjoyed both this story and HFHM. This particular chapter was one of your best. However, I am always sad when I reach the end of a chapter because now I will have to wait for the next one.

Please keep up the excellent work, it is greatly appreciated.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Incredible

I rarely leave comments other than to point out the lack of a serial comma, but I find that this series is incredible enough to merit the great inconvenience of leaving an anonymous comment from a shitty mobile phone. Well done, writeranabelle, well done indeed. Can't wait to revisit our friends in Oregon.

-Ombric

OnlyawfulnamesleftOnlyawfulnamesleftover 3 years ago
Properly horrific

That was excellent descriptive work on an eldritch horror. Love the story so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
tags

Just leaving a comment because of the tag... shower sex with butt stuff. I chuckled.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 3 years ago

“Ultimate horror often paralyses memory in a merciful way.” ― H.P. Lovecraft, The Rats in the Walls

Having survived the maelstrom of the pit, our plucky team of three head to ground.

Thank you for sharing! 5* Slainté

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Running out of adjectives

This story is so good. And to think, this is "just a spin-off". I love your stories. You obviously do a lot of research, and that is very well appreciated. But the way you tell your tale just draws me in and transports me to a different world. Thank you.

OccurrenceOnMimasOccurrenceOnMimasover 3 years ago

Somehow, the idea of Lily being reduced to a gibbering wreck is the freakiest part of this entire tale. I hope that you start bringing more cosmic aspects into your stories into the future!

abiostudent3abiostudent3over 3 years ago

Oh hell yes. This is amazing.

Bdawg777Bdawg777over 3 years ago
Old Friends?

I just finished where this is going, and was already hoping for what is to come! So Super excited!!

Bluesea00Bluesea00over 3 years ago
Excellent

I really loved this chapter, Lily confronting her past or maybe our future.

Dana breaking the mold of her personality at HFHM.

Best I have been reading!

Congrats Annabelle

christi11christi11over 3 years ago
Nice addition.

Yaaaay, I hope we're going to see who I think we are! I've been hoping they'd pop up in HFHM but this is just as good. :-)

skippersdadskippersdadover 3 years ago

WOWI think I know who they saw maybe is was one of the old ones like CTHULU , and l like that you did not say the car in the pit was Christine , I love it I will go into DT'S waiting for the next chapter maybe see a spider?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

A zombie and succubus wanders onto the land a cantankerous, old Vietnam vet who has been hiding his family for the last five decades, what could possibly go wrong?

Lenny20Lenny20over 3 years ago
The old one

Wow, since book 2 where Mike and Ratu stumbled across an old one I was really intruiged by that concept. Sure, HP Lovecraft did it before, but you do it just as good, dare I say, maybe even better :)

And it was also really cool to see how a demon fixated on dreams is affected by reading the dreams of a multi-dimensional god.

Plus, I loved that Tik-Tok finally got some more to do, he may be one of the least used characters in the HFHM universe. And that's a shame!

Can't wait to see those old friends next chapter. With that and HFHM book 4 closing, this will be a copule of fun weeks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
what a reveal!

What a delightful "twist?" is the best word i can think of made me go back and reread the last 4 chapters see what matches up. Amazing chapter can't wait for the next.

sowerofashsowerofashover 3 years ago

Oh boy. Is the drifter still alive?

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago

Lily going crazy was a bit confusing. There's this line, "With a little prodding, she was able to convince the succubus to take to the skies, all while she held Tick Tock in suitcase form." which suggest she was able to fly normally but later suggests she's still in some kind of trance from the past, which didn't make proper sense.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

The last page is confusing, but then I remember you use literary techniques to immerse the reader into the story.

Clever girl

AnonymousAnonymousabout 3 years ago

Is that Plymouth the one of one of Stephen King's novels?

Great storytelling as always, greetingd from a huge fan in Germany, 5 stars as for all of your stories!

FVLL3NFVLL3Nabout 3 years ago

You know I thought about the eldritch being manipulating time but didn't know if you'd pull it. That would explain the fluctuation they felt towards oregon that threw them off. Thanks for the chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I spotted two call outs, and I'm pretty much crap at seeing those so there are probably more:

The Plymouth encased in concrete is almost certainly a 1958, four-door, red Plymouth Fury with a taste for bloody revenge named Christine.

The knight who threatened Lily with silver bullets, only for her to reply "That's for werewolves," is almost exactly like a scene from the movie Love at Fist Bite.

The_Sheppards_CorrectionThe_Sheppards_Correctionover 2 years ago

Well done! Now I know about the “incident” Cyrus referred to in HFHM part 5. Wonder how he’ll feel if/when he meets Lily again. Finn

t6greent6greenover 2 years ago

Now this was an adventure:)

CheerfulVoidCheerfulVoidover 2 years ago

Oh nooooooo, time travel shenanigans! 😁

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I love it when you go full Lovecraft on us.

Ramjet57Ramjet57over 2 years ago

Wow, Time twists and an old one is odd even for your stories. But it was interesting I will say that.

shyspudshyspudabout 2 years ago

wow wow wow irl

how can i be amazed further?

Your works, your words astound me, your imagination is beyond anything i have come upon, ever before. I am so into the Monsters but this side story, OMG

ForgottenOne005ForgottenOne005about 2 years ago

Gotta love Time traveling in stories can't wait to see what happens

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Goodness gracious me, that was in expected. Great time travel twist. Love the back story on Lily. You never cease to amaze. Where do you ideas come from. Great story telling. Keep up the good work. Looking forward to what comes next.

Katainja23Katainja23about 2 years ago

After reading the last chapter, I was confused how I had missed Lily being of Asian decent..... but this chapter cleared that up! Loving the back story, and love the amount of reasearch you are putting in to your stories!

Hearthfire223Hearthfire223over 1 year ago

Oh boy, shenanigans, action, and some ill-understood mayhem.

Great hallmarks of this team.

Been looking forward to revisiting Oregon for a long time.

Ravey19Ravey19over 1 year ago

Gone back in time 8 days. And all that mayhem. Looking for explanations?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Reading for the second time to catch up for the newest chapter Still give a dozen stars. CajunBear

KahunabobKahunabobabout 1 year ago

Rule one of dealing with the supernatural: don't mess with the old ones. Rule two: see rule one. Repeat.

Redneck_390Redneck_390about 1 year ago

Looking at this now, from the perspective of chapter 100 in the main story, some of this has so much more meaning. Love it! ❤️

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Like the time-loop, enjoying the story so far.

Anyone who hasn't read 'By His Bootstraps' by Robert Heinlein is advised to do so asap.

5* thanks for sharing.

Dixon (UK)

lor210lor21011 months ago

Great side story so far. I almost didn't read it, but I'm glad I started it.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The Pit looks like a place from games like <Doom, Marathon and the like. Time travel I would like to see the consecuences.

As ever you dont¡'t stop surprising us, please keep in that line. And thank you for so much fun.

Procurator9Procurator910 months ago

🤔Wait they travelled back in time with the necklace the used to locate Lilly in the first place ... So how ...

🙄I hate time travel 😖

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I love the reference to Stephen King's Christine. That nasty Plymouth 😁

tinfoilhattinfoilhat4 months ago

What happened to the original story? I don't really like this side story...or whatever it is.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

That was a good use of deception. I didn't know how dangerous the Eldritch monsters can be.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwriterannabelle@writerannabelle
Get a free ebook from me! www.annabellehawthorne.com/signup Talk to Lily-bot at https://bit.ly/4aj1nSf Buy my books at https://wetleafpress.com or https://annabellehawthorne.com/books Chapter 115 of HFHM is scheduled w/e April 26th Chapter 116 of HFHM scheduled w/e May 11...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES