Dead End Job Gets Interesting Ch. 02

Story Info
Things between Kayla and Jordan intensify.
8.1k words
4.33
3.7k
3
0

Part 2 of the 2 part series

Updated 06/09/2023
Created 05/16/2019
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

It was 1:18pm when Jordan crept back into his chair. Fortunately, papa gram was over getting a report printed, so the eternal hellscape of withering looks was conspicuously absent as he returned a few mins late to his chair.

Jordan allowed himself a crooked, self-satisfied smile to move briefly over his face as he sat down, his chair singing its praises of his bulk by screaming like an axe murderer victim.

Popping in one of his earbuds to give the impression of diligence, Jordan paused for a moment, staring at the email he was planning to send to Kayla.

Was he really going to do this? Was he actually going to reveal (or rather, imply) that he knew Kayla had been pleasuring herself in a work bathroom cubicle?

He smiled. Kayla was a beautiful young lady who had clearly reaped the benefits of her appearance thus far in life, and he was curious to see how she would react when confronted with a social situation where the other piece didn't play the part that society had taught her that he would.

He liked Kayla, she had his back. But he also really enjoyed the thrill - and the risk - from seeing what she would do when put in a position where she couldn't dominate the other person by virtue of her charms and ease with words and perceptiveness.

He clicked send.

A few minutes later, a red faced, slightly out of breath Kayla slunk back to her desk. He could see a blush in her face, and a slight look of frustration in the way that she chewed her lip as she sat down. He also noticed that she had re-applied her lipstick and eye shadow. Interesting. She was worried people would notice.

He noticed a small kayla-shaped face peer over her monitor for a moment and made sure to look like just another office worker, typing important things.

Then, he heard a soft, surprised gasp as she (presumably) read his email, followed by a clickety clack of office chair wheels like a small figure had just sunk back on her chair. if that wasn't enough, the muttered "fuck" told him she had read it, and that he was right.

He almost couldn't hold his impartial workface up as he struggled for his life not to snicker. Would she tell the truth, or would she lie to him? She'd definitely lie, right? I mean, who gives up that kind of intimate information to a co-worker who (until two hours ago) had just been nothing more than a friendly tubby dude that made her laugh sometimes?

But if she told the truth...

He could feel his dick rising in anticipation as he waited in suspense for ten minutes or so, hyper-focussing on her. But nothing came, and he eventually had to actually get to work to finish his report before gram yelled at him.

He got up to print off the report at 4:25, a good 25 mins after papa gram had lumbered off for the evening and a little bit deflated that he hadn't received a response, but when he returned, there was a folded post-it note on his keyboard.

It was Jordan's turn to sneak a peak over his monitor at Kayla. She was typing up something quietly, not paying attention to him, but he did see a red flush creeping slowly up her face as she worked.

Jordan smiled. Looking over at Lorelai (who was working late as usual to make up for her tardiness) he stretched back in his chair, and was rewarded with a vision and a half. Lorelai happened to be reaching down to pick up a pen she dropped at that moment.

Straining desperately against the thin fabric of her blouse for release were two of the most perfectly shaped breasts he had ever had the honor, nay, the privilege of admiring. Lorelai's breasts were at least an E-cup, and bounced seemingly independently of the movement of the rest of her body. They were barely contained by a lacy purple bra that almost perfectly matched the oeuvre of her poison purple lipstick that morning. Despite their size and obvious weight, they also somehow managed to seem perfectly perky and eschewed gravity completely, jutting proudly out like two ample peaks waiting to be scaled. Jordan's hands and dick both twitched involuntarily as he tore his gaze away, just in time as lorelai glanced over at him, smiling a polite smile, then turned back to her screen. Her big, pretty eyes widened as she squeaked in alarm and bolted upright, almost knocking her half drunk mug of coffee off the table if not for Jordan deftly snaking out to prevent its capsize, and without a word she grabbed a gym bag secreted under her desk and bolted for the elevator.

Jordan blinked a couple of times in surprise, and then lost it. So much for making up for the Lorelai tardiness. Still chuckling, he looked around, and saw that the rest of the team aside from him and Kayla had also gone. He remembered bunny had a private appointment this afternoon and that Jessica, the last member of the team, wasn't here today.

Still chucking at lorelai's sudden exodus, he unfolded the note. Written in bright pink glitter-pen (Kayla's pride and joy) was a triplet of sentences that Jordan had to read twice.

"Sarah is too fucking cute and I couldn't help myself. Don't tell anyone else, but I'm actually into girls and guys, and the way you two spoke to me at lunch reduced me to a helpless pile of quivery jelly. Can I please ask you some more questions after work?"

Jordan tried his best to hide his surprised expression and failed. The fuck? Did she just...? Wow. Jordan wasn't sure what he was more taken aback by - that Kayla just basically admitted she masturbated over the way Jordan and Sarah treated her - or that she thought her love of girls was a secret. Good lord. An involuntary giggle escaped Jordan's lips. Well, that gamble sure had paid off in blood diamonds, holy shit.

He scribbled a response, screwed up the note, and lobbed it over the monitor, a surprised Kayla yelp confirming she had received it.

He raised a hand above his monitor with a thumb up.

He did not get a response from Kayla.

At 5:15, his work long abandoned, he finally made his move. Wandering over to the espresso machine (one of the best parts of working at national office) he made an espresso and a mocha, and casually shuffled back to their area.

Shambling up to Kayla, he held out the coffee. She looked up from her work, and as she saw him she nervously jerked back a little. He raised one eyebrow at her.

"Thanks Jordan, you always know how to make a girl not fall asleep." she quipped, shaking her head and grinning at herself, a slight flush running up her neck.

"That's all well and good for now, but see how that goes after three days of coffee induced insomnia", he replied, deeply sipping his mocha. He looked around. Hmm. Everyone seems to have somewhere to be. Eh, okay.

Kayla looked up at him, her green eyes sweeping over him appraisingly, as if trying to read his power level. She stretched out on her chair, raising her arms above her head, causing her shirt to bunch up around her breasts. She rubbed her neck with one hand and rolled it to the left, and was rewarded with a loud *crick* of her neck.

"Argh, these lights are spazzing me out - wanna go hang out in the conference room?" she remarked.

"Well, I GUESS that's okay, since it looks like nobody is going to have it booked for the rest of the night..." Jordan pronounced.

She jumped up and grabbed a notebook and pen. Seeing Jordan's glance at it, she smirked. "If anyone comes in, I'm interviewing you for a ministry news article".

Jordan smiled and nodded.

The conference room

A wide, spacious area greeted them as they wandered in. Pictures of Maori mythology, from Maui with his magical fishing hook (the real one, not that dumb fuckin' Disney imitation) to a carved wooden relief sculpture of a taniwha (a kind of Maori mythical water-serpent) snaking through stylized waves caught his attention for a moment. The room was pretty spacious, with enough chairs for six to eight people (or, like, 5 Jordans) to squeeze into.

The chairs were nicely padded, and far more agreeable than his usual chair, as he plopped himself down.

Kayla, meanwhile, closed the door and clicked the lock. Jordan raised an eyebrow at her. She pouted, and her posture stiffened a little. "You're the one that said you didn't want anyone else at work to hear anything!" she reminded him, hands on her hips. Her posture inadvertently pulled her shirt a bit tighter against her chest, outlining two marvellously well-proportioned C-cup breasts.

"So, Kayla, you have me here in a locked room in what I can only assume is a series of questions you're planning to ask. Did you get my response?"

Kayla groaned theatrically. "Yes, Jordan, quid pro quo is acceptable."

She re-adjusted her top before sitting a few chairs away from him across the table. Kicking off her shoes, her face broke into a mischievous grin.

"Question: Why did you speak to me like that?"

Jordan paused, and pursed his lips before answering.

"Well, I had to be sure that you weren't going to tell anyone that I had a hot friend working next door that had made out with me in the middle of Wellington just to prove a point to some catcalling shit-stains that she had never met..." he replied drily.

She nodded, and leaned in a little bit, waiting for him to continue.

He smiled. "My question".

She pouted, protruding her bottom lip and narrowing her eyes at him. "That's it?"

He shrugged. "If I wasn't sure that you weren't going to tell anyone, I'd be worrying that people you told could start seeing a side of Sarah that she wasn't comfortable showing, which could cause problems for her. She chooses the people she trusts very carefully and," he said, his voice hardening for a moment, "I tend to not be kind to those who prove themselves unworthy of that trust." He stared her in the eyes, as if daring her to make a joke or talk back to him.

She stared back at him, and bit her lip. She lowered her eyes, and shook her head. "I think you know that I keep my word at this point, don't you?" she replied, in a small, questioning, totally un-Kayla-like voice.

"Yeah you've been a good girl for half a day, keep it up." he replied condescendingly, smiling sweetly at her. She rolled her eyes at him.

Jordan's brow furrowed for a moment while he considered his question.

"Since you became an adult, do you often find people that are easy to manipulate - with your beauty, intelligence, and personality - kinda boring?" he asked.

She snorted, and her mouth curled downward, like she had just finished eating a stale piece of bread.

"Didn't take you for a flatterer, Jaws. Is that seriously the best question you can come up with?" she asked, leaning back in her chair and crossing her arms.

Jordan took a turn rolling his eyes, before overtly looking her up and down evaluatively, like a judge reviewing a prospective medal-winning feline at a cat show. She blushed at his gaze, and then puffed out her chest, the gesture granting him a lingering view of her strappy black bra. He shook his head and tore his gaze away before continuing.

"Not flattery, fact. You're objectively attractive by societal standards - and you know it, because you're smart enough to have attained a law degree (I'm guessing without even fully applying yourself), so you know how attractive you are, especially with the complimentary way you apply your makeup. You're also very good at reading people, and you probably figured out some time ago that this bubbly, happy-go-lucky personality you have (or at least affect most of the time) makes you easy to like." Her eyes widened and she involuntarily gasped, her mouth opening to speak and then closing like a goldfish out of water as she struggled to maintain her poise.

Jordan grinned cheekily at her. "Let me rephrase the question, but this time, you should actually answer it. Do most people bore you because you can easily get what you want from them?"

Her grip on the pen she was holding tightened. Her eyes flashed with sudden annoyance for a moment as she realised too late that she had already given the game away with her initial surprise and lack of retort. Her mind raced with questions. How the everloving fuck did he figure all of this out about her? Where the fuck did he pick up skills like that?

Jordan tapped his finger on the desk. "I'm waiting, Kayla..."

Smug asshole. He knows her answer already, he just wants to hear her say it. God, why was this a good idea again?

She sighed, causing her breasts to wobble in an entirely eye-catching fashion. She didn't miss Jordan's eyes darting downward, and smiled inside - at least that was a small victory she could capitalize on later.

"Yes, okay, people bore me because they're too easy to understand and that makes them easy to manipulate" she muttered reluctantly.

Jordan's grin widened. "Your question, Kayla."

Her eyes lit up with glee as she opened her notebook. Jordan chuckled. "Well, you weren't lying about the interview part, I'll give you that." he remarked, one hand rubbing his eyebrows.

"Why are you so good at reading people, Jordan?" she asked, the curiosity in her voice thick enough to cut with a circular saw.

Jordan spoke without hesitation, and Kayla realised he'd been expecting this one. "This is one of those answers you cannot tell anyone about, Kayla. If people found out it could have serious implications for my future career prospects."

As she opened her mouth in protest he held up his hands in surrender. "I know you won't tell anyone, Kayla, I'm sorry, this is just something I'm pretty insecure about, especially here." He looked down for a moment and gestured around the office. He took a deep breath.

"The reason why I am so good at cold-reading people is because I have ADD. Attention deficit disorder. And before you raise your eyebrow in disbelief at me," he said, wagging a finger at her, causing her half raised eyebrow that was caught red-handed to sulkily return to its rightful resting place, "I've had to learn how to read people's moods and body language my whole life.

He shuffled his feet and wrung his hands as he spoke.

"A lot of the time, I only hear 60% of what people are saying because it is so damn hard to focus on them. Because anything they say that doesn't interest me becomes twice as hard to retain. So I learned how to read the mood, tone, and nonverbal signals people send while they're speaking, which helps me to bridge the gaps from the parts I miss by intuitively figuring out on the fly what the missing 40% is *likely* to be."

Jordan paused, and watched Kayla carefully. She cocked her head to one side for a moment and pursed her lips, considering his answer.

"So does that have something to do with why you turn up late so often to work?" she shrewdly deduced.

"Yeah, I call that the "distracted by bumblebees" effect," he replied, smiling inwardly. She was quick and so damn smart. He looked back at her, and noticed a familiar expression threatening to engulf her face - the sad, almost pitying look that materialized aimed directly at him. God, he hated that look. His fists clenched for a moment, as he took a deep breath and pressed on.

"It isn't all bad. When I'm interested in a conversation or an activity, I can do what people call "hyper-focussing", which basically lets me focus completely on one thing to the exclusion of all others. It's kind of like a superpower, although good luck trying to get my attention for anything else when I'm doing it. I have meds to help my concentration for like 80% of the boring shit I do on a work day, so I'm fine for most things."

Kayla's eyes were like glittery emeralds as she processed this information.

"So, are you..."

"My question, sorry..." Jordan smirked, cutting her off.

She scrunched up her face and stuck her tongue out at him. He smiled angelically at her.

"What part of being spoken to like that did you enjoy the most? As in, what were the reasons why you were reduced to a quivery pile of Kayla jelly by it?"

She blushed crimson. God, she was so fucking cute when she was embarrassed, Jordan thought. He felt a twitch in his pants as he watched her embarrassment. His second brain agreed wholeheartedly.

"So you have already noticed I don't get told off very often for my behavior. Because..." she paused, blushing even harder, "...because I'm cute and bouncy, people tend to let me get away with whatever I want." Jordan's mind immediately went to Bunny, and he snickered and nodded.

She continued on. "When I was with you and Sarah, I felt like I was being called on my shit immediately when I stepped out of line, and it forced me to bring out my best behavior."

She blushed even harder still. Jordan leaned in, eyes on her. "Okay..." he said, prompting her to continue.

"I just...don't feel like I can be my best person when I get everything for free. You two bought that out by making me..." Kayla paused, and raised her head, returning his eye contact. Her eyes had a glimmer of pride in them that wasn't there before.

"By making me accountable. I really...liked that."

Jordan paused solemnly for a moment, before dissolving into giggles. Kayla's mouth dropped open a bit, clearly not expecting that reaction.

"The fuck, Jordan! I was being totally serious!" she lamented.

Jordan regained his composure. "I'm sorry, that wasn't intentional, and I'm not laughing at your answer. I just...was not expecting you, the cute and bouncy 22 year old law graduate, to be so taken in by being called on your shit."

Kayla huffed and pouted, her bottom lip protruding. "My question, Jordan." He nodded, leaning back on his chair.

She put both of her elbows on the table and leaned over, placing her head into her hands, as she looked up at him, eyes twinkling with an air of assumed innocence. Her shirt bowed as the gravitational force of the table as it relaxed its vigil on her purity, the cloth parting to give Jordan a one-way ticket into the enticing tunnel created by her curvaceous breasts pressing together.

"Have you been checking me out (like you were just before and are now) prior to today, or did I only spark your attention after you figured out I was masturbating in the ladies room after lunch?" she ventured, as his eyes snapped too late back to meet hers.

He blinked twice and his eyes widened. What did she just say? He didnt believe the words that just came out of that little minxes mouth. Kayla's eyes twinkled with unsuppressed mirth, a look of unspoken victory that she knew Jordan would understand.

Jordan raised his head and met her eyes with his. This was the way she wanted to play this? Okay, he'll take her on.

"Oh, no, I checked you out the first time I saw you. I quickly lost interest, though, because I didn't initially realise you were more than just a pretty young face with a body begging for a sexual harassment lawsuit. Turns out I was partly mistaken about that impression, though." He shrugged, his tone indifferent, as he acknowledged the point With zero fanfare, giving her nothing to exult over.

"Partly?" she huffed, placing her hands on her hips.

"Well I mean...I wasn't wrong about the pretty face or how much of a temptation you are, but honestly I didn't think you were worth the effort of pursuing. I assumed you'd already written me off as just some fat old dude." he said solemnly.

A tinge of guilt ran across her face. She looked down at her feet, crushed. Her reverie was quickly smashed, though, as the sound of his amused sniggering cut through, and she realized that he was fucking with her.

God FUCKING DAMMIT. She was sure she had him that time. And now her cheeks were flushing beet red. She could feel the now-familiar heat starting to build between her legs. Her mouth was dry, and she swallowed audibly, as she fidgeted in her chair, all things she knew Jordan would not fail to notice.

"Don't worry, Kayla, I know that in reality you've pretty much written off everyone that you feel like you can control. They're just there to scratch itches for you..." Jordan's voice dimmed almost to a whisper as he leaned closer, "...but probably not itches like the one this conversation has you feeling right now."