All Comments on 'Dead to Me'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 243 Comments
carindenniscarindennis11 months ago

Rushed and predictable.

Boyd PercyBoyd Percy11 months ago

I always enjoy reading a ST1956 story!

5

Bronco56Bronco5611 months ago

Excellent Saddletramp rendition.

5stars

MightyheartMightyheart11 months ago

4/5

Good Old Saddle Tramp story.

Thank heavens , no supernatural here.

Keep writing.

Cheers !

DrtywrdsmithDrtywrdsmith11 months ago

Another fun read!! ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

chrisr357chrisr35711 months ago

Good the see you back again….great story!

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfox11 months ago

Thanks ST I was about to email you to see if you were ok. Good to see you back in the saddle. So are the stories you are busy with going on Amazon? I have read the first three and I know there is a 4th. Damn good stories. Thanks for being you and thanks for the stories. KUDOS

waltdeewaltdee11 months ago

I always enjoy reading your stories.

Diecast1Diecast111 months ago

Enjoyed the story a lot. AAAAAA++++++

MonsieurXMonsieurX11 months ago

I’ve read this story too many times before (rich asshole lawyer, idiot wife, military Superman, gated compound, elaborate plan for no real reason but to show dominance). Standard formula, quite predictable. This type seems to always be popular, so by all means keep writing them, as you do it best. But, that’s enough for me.

remb95remb9511 months ago

Another good one.

hankmbb1017hankmbb101711 months ago

Spectacular as always!

RePhilRePhil11 months ago

Welcome back we missed you

AngusMAngusM11 months ago

Excellente amigo

SilvermireSilvermire11 months ago

So his dream... who's going to die ??

6King6King11 months ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

oldsage_1oldsage_111 months ago

Wow! I finish the story and find 17 comments in front of me and the yarn is only 4 hours old! Congrats, My Man, another ST winner. Well fantasied and well told. Not too bloody or gory this time just short and sweet and too the point. Love it!

Looking forward to meeting this Marine couple again. Oorah!

Cheers

SAGE

MattblackUKMattblackUK11 months ago

What died? His marriage. She was dead to him. An enjoyable read.

OaksfineOaksfine11 months ago

Oh how the BTB crowd has missed the master. Glad to see you back and haven’t lost your touch. Hopefully we will get to see more of your work soon. Welcome back

swfb70swfb7011 months ago

great read thanks

RWessonRWesson11 months ago

The SaddleTramp version of the classic "wife sets husband up at rich 'alpha' boss's weekend retreat" trope. As always, good job.

KarnevilKarnevil11 months ago

MonsieurX just about said everything for me. A story told a hundred times before, just the names changed. As usual it was well written and described but lacked any originality whatsoever.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bc11 months ago

Really fun read, as always! I was seriously disappointed that his dream didn't have any "repercussions" this time. I was hoping Darren would pull something at the end with the usual ST results. 5*

ttt59ttt5911 months ago

Similar to your other good works. Men with backbone and character not tolerating skank slut wives. Keep it up.

Slick742Slick74211 months ago

Super story ST. Wished you would have questioned her and the others saying how much she loved him. No way Jose. Thanks SK742. 5*

Spreadaxle53Spreadaxle5311 months ago

Usually stories in this plot line take 5 to 9 pages. As usual you applied shock & awe in an entertaining way.

DontPanic442DontPanic44211 months ago

It’s a happy day when my hero saddletramp1956 posts a story! Thanks for the fun read.

Rw43Rw4311 months ago

Always an enjoyable read, ST. Even if the plot is not truly original, your characters are the same ones we've always known. I feel that having us get to know them is the primary purpose of your storytelling.

<>

Biggest problem I had with the whole "But MY protagonist is gonna give'em hell!" approach was the Eve character. She didn't even attempt to sell the shit-package the Darren character was delivering! It's as though ALL of the conspirators were trying to create resistance from the husbands with the specific intention of destroying them. While this might be the epitome of evil, it's very, very far from reality: my opinion is that the greatest evil is usually perpetrated by normal people who cooperate with lies they have an incentive to believe. I think that's why "The Bridge" by RG was such an awesome story; it didn't rely on cookie-cutter villains and wives that wished actual harm on their husbands like this one does.

<>

Thanks for the read. Good to see you.

<>

And I'm glad the earlier commenter answered the question of "Who died?" That was a nice tie-in.

BigfundrewBigfundrew11 months ago

I always enjoy your stories

irinmikeirinmike11 months ago

I would say the worth of this outlandish story comes to a climax when Janice, the unfaithful wife, is visited in jail by her husband Tom. After all that she has conspired to do to him she utters the most ridiculous phrase, "so there is no way back?". Your reputation of story telling here is immense, but this little tale is ridiculous. Yes I understand you reserve the right to publish whatever you desire, but from my point of view this story is undeserving of any positive marks. Others like fantasy tales and to them I say enjoy.

dgfergiedgfergie11 months ago

An ok story but not up to you usual standards, I do understand about being busy, been there and done that.

whateverittakeswhateverittakes11 months ago

Nice to have you back, Mr. Tramp.

GutsandgloryGutsandglory11 months ago

I miss the (almost) weekly stories you used to put out. Kinda wish this one was fleshed out a bit more, but was what I’ve come to expect.

Wavedave45Wavedave4511 months ago

HAHA I've missed your stories. Loved how after he learned of the plan he was like screw it and called in the troops.

Only thing missing was Tom kicking that guys ass. Felt necessary after the whole alpha male talk.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster111 months ago

I CAN'T WAIT for the follow-up to this 5-star intro to a new set of Saddletramp characters !

It's always a pleasant surprise to find a new story from this marvelous author.

tonyneatotonyneato11 months ago

Thanks for another great Saddletramp adventure... Can't wait for more summertime stories. 5 Big Stars

Omart57Omart5711 months ago

Awesome story, brother! Keep up the good work!

Tx77TumbleweedTx77Tumbleweed11 months ago

Good, solid story in a category where 85% of what is published would be better suited for helping rose bushes grow better. From a technical point of view, this one seemed a bit of a rush to the ending. However, I also didn’t see much that would have been helped by extending it.

OverconfidentSarcasmOverconfidentSarcasm11 months ago

Very nicely written! I have only one thing that bothers me.

The way you crammed Marsha into the epilogue made it feel like an obligatory adendum. Like your MC meeting a new woman was just a box that needed to be ticket so the story would fit all the necessary cliches.

4/5

JimmyThePlungerJimmyThePlunger11 months ago

Good tale, enjoyed it, thank you.

mainer42mainer4211 months ago

Saddletramp always brings a smile when I see a posting. You do not disappoint sir

Regguy69Regguy6911 months ago

A familiar ST56 storyline, which of course means I enjoyed it. I look forward to the next rendition.

slowhand21slowhand2111 months ago

Would have loved to hear about discipline for the wife and her lover meted out to them by fellow prisoners.

slowhand21slowhand2111 months ago

A private moment between Tom and her boss where he shows the boss the error of his ways would be lovely.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Now11 months ago

Love this treatment of a common boss/assistant theme. Well done!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

As usual, Saddletramp takes a standard trope and turns it into something believably unbelievable. And our MC always gets his man! Well done.

CWG

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great Story...Comeuppance well executed!!! 5 Stars...

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

A far reach, but entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

So nobody died after this last dream? Was it because of the pumping heart?

Mac_LapuMac_Lapu11 months ago

Good story.

I felt sorry really for Janice

for being a very stupid female.

Just refreshing to read a non-cuck story.

Even if it's quite over-the-top kind of story

Thanks for this ST1956.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I'm inclined to agree with Monsieur X. It doesn't seem credible to me that any woman would want to watch her husband partaking in gay sex even if he is out of favour. It was an enjoyable romp, though, in the best ST tradition. Four stars.

SKHPSKHP11 months ago

I fully agree with MonsieurX. ⭐⭐⭐, I have seen better from you.

ImpossiblefutureImpossiblefuture11 months ago

As always a master piece from a master writer. 5 from me, keep up the good writing never retire.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another winner as usual!!!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

trite and formulaic.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Another excellent piece of work! Not quite up to your usual standards ,but still quite good. That is just my opinion, which is worth less than the paper it is written on.

Sorry I have to post as Anonymous but Lit won’t let me sign into my account.

Munchie184

Cito22Cito2211 months ago

YAY!!!!!! ST is back. You were greatly missed sir.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hmmm. I have to agree with some of the others. It does seem rushed and entirely predictable although well written. This plot has been done to the point of boredom, I wonder when a new one will emerge.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Rambo is back! While about as sophomoric as it gets in lit, sometimes a little Saddletramp mind candy is a fun read. If Clive Cussler wrote erotica, he would be saddletramp.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Too silly and unrealistic

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

welcome back to the site! missed your great writings.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Trite, paint by numbers plot. Cardboard characters.

Sailboater1960Sailboater196011 months ago

Very Nice. And not too long

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Juvenile waste of time.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Hey Karnevil, we're still waiting on you to write a story and show all of us how to do it right. Or is complaining about everyone's stories all you got???

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Now that was a let down!! Darren and a couple of his people could at least have gotten shot. Pretty pathetic security crew he had in my opinion. They rolled over like a beached Alpha whale.

Lowrider2020Lowrider202011 months ago

You get all five stars, I enjoy your universe.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103x11 months ago

"especially after the rather serious discussion he had with his father and uncle earlier." - This sounds like an important discussion that's going to be critical to the plot, so why haven't we seen it? Just so that it can be pulled out like a Deus ex machina later? Yep!

\

Why the fuck would his wife enjoy seeing him humiliated or worse?

\

@Silvermire, who's going to die? Maybe their marriage? Heh, MattblackUK beat me to it!

\

A couple of twists, but just another hubby with all the answers.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good plot. I thought the execution was just so-so. A "Reader's Digest" treatment, to borrow a phrase. More character development needed maybe (especially for Janice, who's a pretty terrifying bitch, but comes off as a cardboard sketch). Still better than 90% of the stuff on here, but not up to my high Saddletramp expectations.

vanyevanye11 months ago

Honestly, you've written better.

gentle_touch4ugentle_touch4u11 months ago

Thank you for writing another great story.

I enjoy reading all your stories over and over and always looking for the next story.

LenardSpencerLenardSpencer11 months ago

This story-line premise has been done-to-death, don't you think? If the husband had all that intel months before, then why didn't he act on it if for no other reason than to save his marriage before she did anything to break it?

Sorry but the actions taken were just not logical, given the circumstances. Why wasn't he "mic'ed up" from the beginning? Or armed himself or in his luggage?

goodshoes2goodshoes211 months ago

Welcome back ST. 5 stars as usual. However, I feel you left out too many details/descriptions of her affair, and the takedown of the complex.

kirei8kirei811 months ago

Wish you had gone into the future a little here. You know, written a little about the fatal accidents that both Janice and Eve suffered shortly after their release. But, I can wait for your summer stories.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great to have you back. I know your stories are fiction but I find it easy to believe the base facts could be true. Always a great read.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

This was so much a story as a short-hand telling of your typical plot line. You can, and have done better. This was just lazy. Two stars.

Kathy1211Kathy121111 months ago

Great as always!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Love it just wish was longer. Thank you

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I love your stories! Would just like to see the cheating wives show more remorse and truly realize all they've lost. I also never understand how women who supposedly love their husband's go this far against them for men they know don't love them and are just using them. Sad.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodle11 months ago

You don’t get to watch your husband get raped, drugged, blackmailed, threatened with possession of child porn, financially ruined, turned into a eunuch and then say “but you know I really love you”.

What in the absolute fuck are you talking about? That is a woman with a mental illness. That’s like an abusive husband beating the shit out of his wife while calmly saying “I love you” as he breaks her ribs, knocks out her teeth and smashes her orbital socket. But it’s ok because he loves her. He really does.

Smdh

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

It was OK. Nothing special. Lacked emotion.

.

3 ***

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Really good to see again in action one of the rare authors that don't poison the LW category with tons of femdom fetish cuck fantasies. And as we all can see, from the really low evaluation to those kind of tales, the vast majority of readers of this category, disliked them very much and really appreciate a well written story in a well balanced way. A good cup of oxygene in all this endless pollution. Keep going. 5+ * !

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

I enjoyed the story, but I do have a little bit of a problem with it.

It begins with an ex-Marine 'uneasy' about his wife's behavior and work situation, with some 'suspicions' regarding the couple's long weekend plans as her employer's guests. Before going on this weekend trip, he calls his father, telling him of his suspicions, and receives some vague advice. Upon arriving at their weekend destination, his suspicions increase after seeing her boss's unexpected 'security' precautions. Then, during a walk about the property with his 'hostess', she informs him of (and he records) the plans for what will be happening there, and what they 'expect' of him.

He immediately calls his 'uncle', sends him the recording, and we readers find that an 'assault' operation to raid the compound, involving aircraft and presumably dozens of personnel, is suddenly already in progress.

Nothing of this obviously pre-planned sting operation or its planning was previously mentioned in the story.

Do you see the problem .... feels like a lot of the story is 'missing' right out of its middle.

This story is reminiscent of the old 'whodunit' TV detective vehicle wherein the detective conveniently 'solves' the mystery by citing clues and evidence that the viewer never saw or heard of during the show.

I guess the tactic worked (sort of) back then, and works here as well, to a degree, but I can't help feeling it is just a bit unfair to the reader.

So .... 4/5

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

What about the previous victims? The ones who went to prison for child porn?

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Great story. Love your writing. One minor point. You referred to Tom as a "former Marine"...no such thing. Once a Marine, always a Marine. They are just "retired Marines".

deependerdeepender11 months ago

Pathetic. Pathetically usual, hackneyed, boring. There must be thirty of these wife promo/sequestered weekend/alpha predator/LRRP reaction stories. You'd think that by now every single mc in every single LP story would know better than to put themselves in that situation. The only story left unwritten in this niche is the one where the hubby refuses to allow his wife to go.

inka2222inka222211 months ago

5 stars, but this story could have been much better if (1) they also reversed any damage that was possible to reverse to the former assistants' husbands, (2) punished the other sluts, and (3) the author COULD have given the whore a higher sentence, wouldn't have been that hard to write.

Yay for Marsha (one of the reasons for 5 stars).

Mr_BradyMr_Brady11 months ago

A worthy read. I gave it a rating of four stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostra11 months ago

Excellent! As a good shot of high-quality lubricant squirted into the creaky gears of a tired machine brings relief, this story did the same for LW. It was a walk-off Grand Slam. You injected a long overdue break in the unending, monotonous string of poorly written, largely plotless, word salad mashup offerings of cuckoldry. Five stars+! Thanks!

ejsathomeejsathome11 months ago

I'm surprised. Saddletramp's stories are usually quite a bit more interesting. This one stunk. Just average 3 stars, and it didn't deserve those. That's just out of respect for Saddle's contributions. It was predictable right from the beginning and devoid of emotion and as flat as can be. Luckily it was short and relatively painless.

Chimney SweepChimney Sweep11 months ago

I had to pause this about halfway through because i had a thing to do, just as the horrible stuff was being revealed. I was worried for a moment about where it was going, but then I remembered - this is SaddleTramp! And of course, you delivered. 5 stars. Always a pleasure, sir.

LT56linebackerLT56linebacker11 months ago

what do people want? it was great, especially when you figure the guy found a better, kindred spirit. 5 stars, although the guy was marine. At least he was Force Recon. The Bear definitely approves. I can't wait for the summer stories. Keep writing, boss.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Five stars, it was worth the wait.

straightshooter1958straightshooter195811 months ago

5* as usual. It was a wonderful break from the "slaphappy cuckfest" that Loving Wives has devolved into! I am looking forward to the Summer Stories!

JusteenKJusteenK11 months ago

Jeez, how many coincidences does it take to fill in a plot hole? Not one of your better efforts.

straightshooter1958straightshooter195811 months ago

I almost forgot,LOL.if I had a nickle for every for every POAGUE I've met who claimed he'd been a Scout/Sniper..........................................

demanderdemander11 months ago

All so very convenient. D

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...