All Comments on 'Dear Babe/Dear Bastard'

by MsCherylTerra

Sort by:
  • 39 Comments
Boyd PercyBoyd Percyover 1 year ago

Love letters straight from their hearts!

5

aperson87aperson87over 1 year ago

That was delightful!

bhojobhojoover 1 year ago

A very nellie communication media :) Nellie is simultaneously smart sexy and scatterbrained...

poopybrodypoopybrodyover 1 year ago

Great premise, and no way Nellie decides to stay away from JP…right?

PoisonPen33PoisonPen33over 1 year ago

I didn't expect to read a story that contained people in a committed but open relationship actively discussing their wanting to have sex with other people. One star.

Seriously, though, five stars. I liked how you bounced back and forth between different forms of communication. Emails, handwritten letters, texts, heck, I almost expected skywriting to pop up over Toronto at one point ("I AM NOT OVERREACTING - JP"). You can tell Nellie and JP are committed to each other (despite the temptation of wayward freckles) by the way they sass each other back and forth - the "slap slap" in "slap slap kiss kiss bang bang."

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I really enjoy much of your writing, but I really wish you'd spend more time on plots that involve more committed relationships. Liter is overrun lately with poly, cuck and swapping stories. You're too talented to be lumped in with that stuff. How about some real romance, with couples that truly care for each other?

steeltiger01steeltiger01over 1 year ago

That was crazy, inventive and a wild ride.

LinneaLundinLinneaLundinover 1 year ago

Nellie and JP (and you) are the best! Thank you for these excellent stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Stretches the idea of a letter

MigbirdMigbirdover 1 year ago

That was fun as intended. Funky, quirky — seriously how could anyone not smile throughout. At first reading wanted more explicit sex, but on second thought — why. Very nice piece; you are clever.

BuzzCzarBuzzCzarover 1 year ago

Superb. Love me some Nellie. 5*

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

Not into the open relationship stuff but enjoyable correspondence

Tall78701Tall78701over 1 year ago

Liked the beginning. Got lost somewhere on the second page, and logged out. Couldn't stop thinking about it overnight, so I picked it back up the next day. Started at the beginning again and read it all the way through. Absolutely LOVE IT! A beautiful, lovely and sexy ending. Thank you!

PickFictionPickFictionover 1 year ago

Excellent writing as always. Getting to enjoy Nellie much more with each story.

SisterJezabelSisterJezabelover 1 year ago

Amazing! I loved this so much, especially the way it shows the complexities of relationships and the need for communication. Thnks for contributing to the event :)

norafaresnorafaresover 1 year ago

To the anon who made demands about "real romance" — why don't you write your own? All the stories on here are written by authors and shared free of charge because we authors write what we want to write, and are happy to share it. That still doesn't give readers the right to demand what we write. Cheryl, I loved the story. The connection between Nellie and JP IS romantic, despite what others may think. 5 stars from me.

geodeanthraxgeodeanthraxover 1 year ago

For the record, I snorted at " you'd still probably picture me getting tongued by a comic book character in a sweater vest".

EarlyMorningLightEarlyMorningLightover 1 year ago

Please, please, please continue to be funny and touching and subversive and real. Continue to challenge expectations and conventions. Contribute to be like Nellie and write about love, lust, and vulnerability on your own terms.

There are so few writers on Lit with the talent to create characters as real as Nellie. Thank you for her.

And to put it less nicely than Nora, it people want paint-by-numbers Hallmark tripe, they can write it themselves.

SlithyToveSlithyToveover 1 year ago

Fabulous, as usual. Nellie is truly one of my favorite characters, period.

SweboSweboover 1 year ago

Wow. Awesome. Who knew Nellie and JP would shine epistemically? In particular, I'm loving how you're weaving love and its discontents together in this. Impressive.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I have never believed in the notion of open and yet long-term relationships. It seems to me contrary to human nature. And even after reading this incredibly good piece, I still don’t. That takes nothing away from the author’s talent. Easy five stars, even for a unicorn.

King_WillieKing_Willieover 1 year ago

Your writing is simply delicious, I am always amazed how it just flows.

SouthernCrossfireSouthernCrossfireover 1 year ago

Hi, Cheryl, here from the challenge. This was excellent but it could just as easily have fit in the Humor and Satire category as L&T because I was chuckling to outright laughing through much of it. Nellie's a hoot but it was nice to see her concerned about her career and how to continue her relationship with J.P. even while dealing with her lack of physical interaction in Toronto. Fortunately for all involved, J.P. comes to the rescue with Danica's help and as it ends, it doesn't sound like the help is going to be ending for a while. Great job, 5*!

Octave888888Octave888888over 1 year ago

Always a huge fan of Nellie stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Funny and humorous. Too bad open marriages (since the two are headed to marriage eventually) end in divorce more than 90% of the time. Wish them luck but sounds like they have a hard toad ahead. Hope they make it. Odds are stacked again them.

VFreeVFreeover 1 year ago

Loved it and love the idea that there is surely more to come🤞

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

That was hysterical! I was hoping there would be a Danica thing and, as usual, it was a twist I didn’t see coming!

coigachboycoigachboyabout 1 year ago

There must be more Nellie adventures, the 3some with Danica or just the datetime call.

SraulersSraulersabout 1 year ago

Nicely written, though as others have said, a relationship (situationship?) not likely to endure in the real world. Nellie is simply not wife material for someone in JP’s position. She could never be true to him in a closed relationship, and he could never be sure of paternity if, heaven forbid, they procreated. She’s too narcissistic to ever be a good mother.

MsCherylTerraMsCherylTerraabout 1 year agoAuthor

Sraulers, believe it or not, some women aspire to accomplish things other than being wives or mothers. However, not to worry, this series is no longer being continued on Literotica because goddamn do you guys hate women who have any form of unrepressed sexuality, relationships that don't fit your closed minded viewpoints, and the concept of suspending your disbelief to enjoy fictional stories.

MeyerFreitagMeyerFreitagabout 1 year ago

MsCherylTerra,

You are my favorite author on Lit, specifically because of your female perspective. Please ignore the idiots - especially those who think they know your characters better than you.

Now, about that FaceTime call….

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

I would like to thank You for this series. Nellie story is one of the best books on LE site, and I know what i'm saying after reading lots of stories here. Keep writing please, i'm your fan definitely.

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Outstanding series.

Only series I’ve ever revisited here.

Sad your fans here are losing out because of some fuckwits comments.

Have you continued the story elsewhere where so those of it who enjoyed the story line could follow?

Regards

An old guy who doesn’t believe in double standards between the sexes.

Bunko_the_GremlinBunko_the_Gremlin11 months ago

This series was one of the best I've read on Literotica; believable and entertaining. Even without the "dirty bits" it was immensely enjoyable. Is or will there be anymore installments?

BurntRedstoneBurntRedstone5 months ago

Congrats on the contest win for this delightfully crafted prose! Truly well deserved!

Your work is always a joy to read!

vanmyers86vanmyers865 months ago

Congratulations on your victory!!! As always, vivid and compelling writing plus interesting and fun characters equals a very winning story!

brian_scoobybrian_scooby5 months ago

Great story… a very fun and enjoyable read. Gonna be a favourite for me. Thanks!

WetmartinisWetmartinis5 months ago

Definitely one of your best. Love the way you have structured it and to make it a story you want to read over and over...

Ynotnow69Ynotnow695 months ago

Loved the story

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userMsCherylTerra@MsCherylTerra
Update 11/30/2023: It's been a minute! Wanted to say thank you all for selecting As You Wish and Dear Babe/Dear Bastard as Readers Choice stories for 2022. I didn't post about the awards this year since there were some less-than-nice things being thrown around last year, so ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES