Dear Diary - Cabin Fever

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

During our early years, we'd made love nearly every day, often more than once. That had slowed to once or twice a week as we raised our family, but with our youngest out of the house, our average was back up to four or five times a week, and it was better than ever.

I slipped into my nightie, brushed my teeth, washed my face, and brushed out my hair until it glowed. Finished, I looked at myself in the mirror. Like Thom, I'd softened over the years, but he claimed to like my fuller figure better than when we were married. I wasn't sure I believed him, but his unwavering desire for me made me want work to stay in shape for him. I was getting some grey hair of my own, but with my light coloring and blonde hair, they weren't easily seen. I smiled at myself in the mirror. Over the years I'd noticed my own share of admirers, but none of them, no matter their age, could come close to matching Thom.

I snapped out the light to bathroom, the exterior floods providing plenty of illumination as I made my way to our bed. I grinned as Thom's regular breathing signaling his sleep. I slid in on my side and scooching in close. I sighed and smiled as he rolled onto his side and pulled me into his chest, his arms surrounded me and his hands cupping my breasts even in his sleep. I was a bit disappointed he'd gone to sleep, and I thought about waking him up, but decided not to. I was tired too.

That was where I could feel my age, and perhaps Thom could as well. Thirty years ago I could work hard all day and still play hard all night. Now, not so much. I didn't mind because when we missed a night, the next time was often magical. I sighed again, feeling the effects of the shoveling and the brandy, my eyes heavy as sleep began pull on me. I stretched to the night stand and slapped around until I found my phone. I made a quick entry into the journal I kept there and then returned the phone to its place and closed my eyes in contentment. I smiled and wrapped my arms around his, holding him to me, his body and his love warming me as I slid into sleep.

December 25th, 2011

Dear Diary,

What a wonderful Christmas! Yesterday was simply magical! It was so romantic, it was like a fairytale! We had a quickie in the morning then spent part of the day riding. But better than that, Thom asked me to marry him all over again, with a ring and everything! I'm ashamed to say I bawled like a baby, and just thinking about it now is making me tear up.

Never in the history of the world has a woman loved a man as much as I love Thomas Bradley Lashell!

I opened my eyes to the bright morning sun streaming into the cabin. The light was blinding so I closed my eyes against the glare. We were in the same spoon we fell asleep in last night, Thom tucked in close and warm to my back, his knees behind mine as he loosely held my breasts in his big hands. I took a deep breath and sighed, at peace with the world. Tomorrow was Christmas, the first Christmas Thom and I would be spending alone in twenty-two years. Jennifer was going to Chicago to spend the holidays with her husband's family, and Beth was going to Oregon with her boyfriend to meet his parents for the first time.

The fact my girls weren't going to be home made me a little melancholy, but I knew that was the order of things as they began to build their own families. I stretched and groaned myself awake as Thom began to stir behind me.

"Morning, beautiful," he murmured, kissing me on the shoulder as he pulled me tighter into his chest.

I could feel his morning wood against my ass, and I pressed back into him, silently letting him know I'd noticed his hardness. I rolled over and smiled into his sleepy eyes.

"Good morning to you, too," I whispered before taking his lips.

He accepted my kiss, rolling to his back and pulling me with him as our tongues danced. I settled on his chest as our lips caressed and nuzzled. I was becoming seriously aroused as his hard cock pressed into my thigh and I began to squirm, enjoying the feel of him pressed between our bodies. I moved more fully onto his chest, my lips never far from his, straddling his hips as I lowered myself. We were well practiced, and I moaned into his mouth as his cock slid smoothly into me.

I had gone from drowsy to horny in less than a minute, my need devouring me. I pulled back from his lips, unable to catch my breath and sat up. I planted my hands firmly against his chest and began to rock my hips, his manhood moving inside of me and touching me in all the right ways. As I moved, he slid his hands under my nightie, lifting it as his hands caressed their way up my sides. I paused and allowed him to remove my covering, lowering myself to take his lips again as he threw the negligée aside. We moved together as his hands held my waist, his breathing becoming harder and faster.

He groaned, his head tilting back, his erotic distress exciting me. I began to pump my hips harder, trying to push him over the edge as his face twisted in pleasure. "You're going to come," I whispered, flogging him with my words.

"You feel so good," he whispered in return as he drew his legs up and began to drive into me harder and faster. "Ah... fuck! You're going to make me come!"

I could feel my own orgasm coming, and coming hard, the strain in his voice as he announced his impending rapture exciting me and causing my climax to leap close.

"Come on, baby... come on, baby..." I chanted.

He crushed me to his body, his arms surrounding me as he grunted softly, his wetness splashing into me as he quivered. His sudden tight embrace, his grunted sigh, the feeling of him as he battled his pleasure was my undoing. With a soft moan of my own, I came, a pleasant little orgasm that warmed me deep to my core.

I rose up and settled back, the feel of his still hard cock pushing deep inside of me sending another shiver of pleasure coursing through my body. I sat still, enjoying the feel of him inside of me, smiling down at him as he watched me, his eyes so full of adoration it almost hurt. Overflowing with love, I lowered myself and took his lips in a long slow kiss.

"I love you," I whispered as our lips slowly parted.

"I love you... more," came the ritualistic reply.

I draped myself across his chest and lay my head on his shoulder, sighing in profound contentment, basking in the love he felt for me, and I for him.

We snuggled and kissed, our hands touching and caressing for many long moments before Thom dumped me off of him and rolled out of bed with a groan. A moment later I heard the sound of the shower starting. I sighed as I sat up in bed. Gertie and Checkers were going to be wondering where their breakfast was. It was time to get moving.

Thom tended the horses while I made our breakfast, eggs with a little cheese, bacon, toast and coffee. It was just coming up when Thom came back in.

"Looks like we got nine or ten-inches last night. We're going riding later?"

I smiled at him. It was a rhetorical question, and he knew it. We'd gotten a late start, so we fussed around the cabin a bit, Thom clearing snow around the house and stables while I tidied up inside until I stopped and prepared lunch. Lunch was simple and quick because I had other plans. They were calling for another two feet of snow late in the afternoon, and I wanted to get my ride in before it started.

After lunch, we saddled up Gertie and Checkers. Gertie was by far the smartest horse I'd ever owned, and when she saw me with the saddle pad, her ears came forward and she began to blow and snort as she bobbed her head. She knew what the tack meant and was already getting herself worked up. Even though she was excited, she wasn't any trouble, trying to help as much as possible to get herself saddled up and ready to ride. I swear, I think she'd help me hoist the heavy saddle onto her back if she could. Saddle secured, I picked up the headstall, smiling as she put her head down and forward so I could slip the gear over her ears and fasten it. Because it was so cold out, I was using a hackamore instead of a bit today.

Checkers, on the other hand, was the stereotypical dumb jock. Big and powerful, he could be a handful, moving around as Thom saddled him. I was putting the headstall on Gertie when I heard Checkers take a deep breath. I snickered. It as his favorite trick, taking a deep breath and holding it so the saddle strap wouldn't be as snug as it should be. Cooing and purring, I led Gertie out into the work alley.

"What's taking you so long?" I teased.

I smiled as Gertie looked at Checkers and snorted, probably telling him to stop screwing around so we could go.

"He's being a pain in the ass," Thom grumbled, leading Checkers out into the alley, then cinching the saddle strap down again.

"Boys," I said, shaking my head in mock disgust as I gave Gertie a pat on the neck. She looked at me and snorted again, making me snicker. "You said it, sister."

With Checkers finally saddled and ready to go, Thom opened the alley door as I led our horses into the small paddock, waiting while Thom closed the door behind us. I gave him Checkers reins before we led them out through the open gate to the drive.

I swung a leg over Gertie and settled into the saddle as Thom did the same with Checkers. With a click and bump of my heels, I swung Gertie around and started for the trail we'd cut in the woods that followed the perimeter of our property. Trails meandered all through our trees, trails we rode or used to maintain the property. We took it easy, enjoying the bite of the cold while letting the horses loosen and warm up.

It was cold, in the upper teens according to the thermometer on the stable, but I was dressed for it. The trail began to turn and we stepped out of the trees into the meadow. The stand of trees had protected the ground from most of the snow, but the meadow had no such protection and the snow was deep. Really deep. Six or eight steps in, I pulled Gertie up before steering her in behind Thom on his big bay Morgan, so they could lead and cut a path for my smaller Kentucky Mountain. The snow was almost belly deep on Gertie and allowing Checkers to bulldoze a path would make it easier for her.

I smiled as we cut across the meadow, enjoying the cold, the horse's breath billowing out of flared nostrils to join mine and Thom's in clouds of vapor. It was like a postcard as we walked through a white wonderland unmarred by passage of man or beast. I moved easily with my horse, as comfortable in the saddle as on my own two feet. I lived for this, our weekends at Columbine Meadow, riding Gertie and Checkers with Thom while leaving the hustle and bustle of our daily world behind.

As we approached the tree line on the other side of the meadow, I clucked and urged Gertie on, pulling up beside Thom as Gertie high stepped through the deep snow. We'd traveled Columbine Meadow so many times we knew there was no danger of stumbling into an unknown stream or falling into a hidden swale and injuring a horse. We'd been taking it easy, not working the horses too hard, the fresh snow last night making it hard going.

"Thom, I want to give Gertie a break. Let's head over to the western tree line where the snow is shallower, okay?"

He watched me from under his cowboy hat, his deep brown eyes appearing even darker than normal.

"Can't stand it, huh?" he replied with a smile so broad his eyes squinted slightly.

"I don't know what you are talking about."

He chuckled as he began to steer his horse slightly left toward the trees. The snows normally came in from the west, and the western side of the meadow was somewhat protected, usually making the snow there less deep.

"Uh-huh."

"And just what are you insinuating," I asked in mock harshness.

"I'm not insinuating a thing. But you know as well as I do, if the snow isn't as deep over there, what you're going to do."

"And what would that be?" I asked, making sure my voice was dripping innocence.

He chuckled. "I'll make you a bet. If the snow is under a foot deep and you can avoid a gallop, I'll brush Gertie for you when we get back to the cabin."

"And if I can't?"

"Mmmm... I'll think of something."

I grinned. I might kick Gertie into a gallop just so I had pay up. Thom looked so handsome in his boots, jeans, heavy riding coat, gloves, and cowboy hat, his salt and pepper hair and rich brown eyes just adding to his allure. There was something about a man on horseback that warmed me in ways my coat couldn't. And if he looked like Thom? So much the better.

I steered Gertie back in behind Thom, allowing his horse to carve a path to conserve Gertie's strength. She was going to need it.

As the snow began to shallow, I licked my lips and settled my own cowboy hat more firmly on my head. Thom knew me too well. I was going to have to brush my own horse and pay up on the lost bet, but neither was a hardship. I grinned to myself. That bet was lost the moment it was made.

"He-up!" I called, giving Gertie a solid thump with my heels before rising up and forward in the saddle. Gertie loved to run and bolted out from behind Thom, the snow whipped into a blizzard from the mare's pounding hooves. I looked over my shoulder and laughed in delight as Thom gave chase and we pounded across the snow-covered field. Gertie was faster and more maneuverable, Checkers bigger and stronger, but in the deep snow Gertie won't be able to hold this pace for long as the snow would quickly tire her.

We raced across the stark white landscape, the cold biting deep into my cheeks, but I never felt more alive than when leaning over Gertie's neck as she pounded along in a full gallop, one with the horse, her hammering hooves rumbling like distant thunder.

I looked over my shoulder again as Thom slowly gained, his bigger, stronger, horse able to cope with the snow more easily. With another laugh I reined Gertie in, the horse slowing but dancing, wanting to continue the sprint. She was blowing hard and I knew Gertie would run until her heart burst if I'd let her.

"Looks like you're brushing your own horse today," Thom teased as he pulled up beside me, Checkers dancing, blowing, and shaking his head in excitement. I reached down to pat my mount on the neck.

"Oh no's! However will I manage?" I cried as I rolled my eyes in mock distress.

He chuckled. "I'm sure you'll figure something out. Are you ready to head back? I'm freezing my ass off."

We'd been out for almost two hours, and the sprint had allowed the cold to seep deep into my bones.

"Yeah, me too. The thought of that fire is starting to be mighty appealing."

"Maybe a little mulled wine?"

"Ooooh," I cooed. "That sounds wonderful. The wine can warm my insides while the fire warms my outsides."

Thom nudged his horse into motion, wheeling him around and began heading in the general direction of the cabin.

"I'll brush Gertie while you mull the wine. How's that sound?"

I leaned over Gertie's neck and gave her another pat. "How about it, Gertie? Would it be okay with you if Thom brushes you?"

The horse bobbed her head and snorted as if agreeing to my request. I laughed in delight, gave her another pat, then sat upright in the saddle. Sometimes I'd swear Gertie understood every word I said to her.

We were on farthest side of the meadow and we took the long way home, walking along the edge of our property, staying in the trees as much as possible so the horses didn't have to work as hard. As we walked, I daydreamed about what Thom was going to demand of me for losing the bet. Whatever it was, I was sure I wouldn't mind paying up.

Almost an hour later we arrived back at the cabin. As Thom opened the stable doors, I led the horses in. I parked Checkers in the work alley before leading Gertie into her stall. I removed the equipment and dumped it in the tack room, stepping out of the way as Thom brought in his own riding gear. We gave our equipment a quick wipe-down to remove the sweat and slobber, inspecting it as we did. It was warmer in the barn than outside, but it wasn't warm enough for me to want to deep clean the tack today. That was a chore for spring.

"Ah, ah, ah..." he scolded softly as I stepped out of the tack room, horse brush in hand. "You're supposed to be inside mulling the wine, remember? I'll get Gertie as soon as I'm done brushing Checkers."

"I can brush her."

"I know. But I'm looking forward to something warm to drink. Now scoot!"

I hesitated. It wasn't that I didn't trust Thom, but taking care of my horse after a ride was a deeply engrained habit. I finally grinned, returned to the tack room and put the brush away. I stepped up to Gertie and gave her a long hug, breathing deep and enjoying the smell of horse.

"You be a good girl," I warned her with a smile, causing Gertie to look at me as if I'd insulted her.

I snickered, gave her a good scratch and a pat before sauntering over to Thom. He stopped his brushing as I melted into him. We enjoyed a nice long kiss before I stepped back and smiled at him as I chewed my bottom lip.

"Don't be long," I murmured before I turned and walked out of the stable, putting plenty of swing into my hips.

I spent a few minutes preparing the wine. I had the orange and spice mixed wine warming on the stove when an evil idea popped in my head, causing a grin to tug at my lips. Thom had only cleared the snow around the cabin and stable doors, with a path between the two. That left plenty of fresh powder around for my purposes. I glanced at the clock on the microwave. Thom should be done any time, and the wine needed to simmer for a moment... so this was a perfect time for my ambush.

I shrugged into my coat and gloves before I stepped outside and quickly moved to crouch low behind the snow-covered Ford. As I waited, I constructed my arsenal. My timing was almost perfect and I didn't have to wait long before my victim appeared. It was beginning to snow again, the first few flakes floating down, the vanguard of the snow they were predicting for later today and tomorrow.

Thom stepped out of the barn, latching the door behind him and trudged toward the cabin, head down, obviously not expecting to come under fire. I popped up from behind the vehicle and launched the first snowball into a direct hit on his chest. He yelped in surprise as the white missile exploded into powder, but before he could react, I'd reloaded and launched a second frozen projectile. As the second snowball disintegrated against his coat, his gaze found me.

I picked up the last of my ammunition and was winding up for my final throw when he charged. I'd been an avid softball player in my younger years and I let fly like I was trying to throw out a runner, but he rushed through the icy missile without a flinch.

I'd expected him to stand and return fire, and I was going to use the bulk of the Ford for protection as I rained frozen missiles upon him, but he wasn't following my plan. I shrieked in surprise and excitement as he bore down on me. I turned and ran, bolting from my fortification. I made it past the cabin and around the corner, screaming in excitement as he closed the distance. He ran me down, tumbling with me into the white blanket. I tried to escape and scrambled to my feet, but he knocked me down again and proceeded to heap snow onto me. I screamed in excitement and laughter, swatting at his hands, battling with everything I had to keep him from dumping snow on me.

"Thom! Stop!" I yelled, laughing as I knocked his hands aside, causing the snow to explode and fall over me in a gentle drift. "No! Stop!" I shrieked again as he turned for another handful.

I batted his hands away, the snow flying about in a tiny blizzard before he grabbed me by the front of my coat and hauled me up for a lusty kiss. I instantly stopped struggling and pulled him into me. The kiss was long, hard and full of heat. I was freezing my ass off lying in the snow, but I didn't care. Finally, he pulled back from the kiss and grinned down at me.