All Comments on 'Dear Mr. President'

by dirtyjoe69

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
LAME...keep the politics elsewhere!!!!

Tell me...did he give you a reach around while you were blowing hot air up his ass?

shangoshangoover 17 years ago
I agree w/anonymous

Bully for you and "W".

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Heartfelt Letter

No matter our political similarities or differences, I admire you for writing this heartfelt letter.

Of course, the looney leftists will fail to read your entire letter. They are blinded by their hatred. They'll bash you and your politics, even though you probably voted for the same people.

President Bush has a hundred faults, but keeping his word isn't one of them. You spoke this truth.

ErotonautErotonautover 17 years ago
Bollocks

The sooner someone puts a clean shot between that moron's eyes, the better for all of us. Bush is a liar, a fantasist and a coward; sadly, the rest of the world doesn't get to choose the US President (then again, judging from the 2000 elections, neither does the US).

BazzzBazzzover 17 years ago
Well said

Although I think this president has been incredibly inept at some things, (I don't even mean Iraq as much as New Orleans), I think what you have written was an accurate depiction of what a President has to go through during a normal day.

Unfortunately neither Clinton's governing by public opinion polls or Bush's governing with conviction have gotten us any closer to Bin Laden or a solution to the Middle East.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
joe you and president look that the moms faces

when the body bags come home and you bury your sons and daughters.convictions by ass that stupidity for letting that happen.he held in a trap,civil war waiting to happen.wrong country and oil cause the decision to attack iraq.22 saudies on the planes that did the damage to us.we need to wake up and smell the coffee,but you've someone in your house to die and then you know the lost.people in washington,d.c. think different than us,they're pimps and we a whores we send them our money and they send it how they want too.i'm not a demo or repub, i'm a american.this group wasn't the smartest to be in office running the u.s.a.

KOLKOREKOLKOREover 17 years ago
You are in a democracy!

You disappointed me on this one (especially after your “Dear John” expose). Setting aside political persuasions, what kind of an argument is it to discount and discourage simple citizens discussing, and then criticizing the president? It’s a democratically elected President - of the people, by the people, for the people, not a king.

So, the cumulative opinions of laypeople and experts alike are and will remain the best and only authority to which both the government and the president have to answer.

Our duty as citizens is not to sit and cheer the president in parades (you do that in dictatorships) but to keep an open ear an eye on the way he manages our country. In doing so, we make sure that the President, any president, is still working for us, and that his authority would not go to his head too much, keep him grounded.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous