Death Falls: Jane Doe

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Soon they are winging eastward again and having dinner. Richard introduces his playmate, Sheila Olinique. She's a very mature saucy brunette of eleven years traveling with her aunt to Toronto to visit another aunt. Marlene doesn't particularly like her and when they disappear after dinner she urges Mike to go and find them.

Mike says, "They're on the plane somewhere. Don't worry about them."

"That girl is a lot more trouble than Julie ever was." Referring to a neighborhood girlfriend that Richard was sparking until a month or two ago.

"You worry too much. Let the boy have his fun. He has a level head on his shoulders. Trust him, my love."

About an hour out of Toronto, Sheila and Richard return from somewhere in the rear of the plane and sit chatting across from Mike and Marlene. Mike thinks his son looks very grown up, almost a man as he ushers her back to the seat by her sleeping aunt. Richard comes back and with a grin he winks at his dad as he takes his seat. Mike grins back. Marlene misses the conspiratory looks that pass between them.

As they disembark at Toronto, Marlene goes to arrange for a rental car while Mike and Richard attend to the luggage. Mike says quietly to his son, "Am I to take it that you have joined the 'Mile High' club, son?"

Richard laughs, "How did you know? Sheila told me about it and we decided we would. Have you ever done that?"

"That's my secret." They laugh together as they pull luggage from the roundel and watch for more coming down the chute. "I hope you were a gentleman and ensured the lady's pleasure before seeking your own." Richard nods.

"Where does she live?"

"Seattle. She's staying at her aunt's in Vancouver for the summer. They're visiting here in Toronto for two weeks."

"Think you will see her again?"

"Maybe... or maybe not. Who knows?" He shrugs.

Marlene returns, "I've lined up a '95 Chrysler Intrepid with Hertz. It's a four door and black so it should serve us well while we're here. Bring what luggage you can carry and we'll come back for the rest."

Richard says, "I saw a baggage cart by the wall near the washroom. I'll get it." He run off and returns in a moment with the cart. Mike loads the luggage and they follow Marlene with Richard watching that nothing falls off. They find the car in the Hertz lot and Mike looks it over. No air conditioning but it has a sunroof and tinted glass. "Must have come from the States. That much tinted glass is borderline legal here in Canada." He checks the oil and notes it has a 3.6 Liter V6 engine, which is nice and clean. No apparent oil leaks or radiator leaks in evidence. Everything seems to be in order. He closes the hood.

They load the luggage and Marlene gives him the keys. Richard runs the cart back inside and they pick him up at the exit from the Hertz lot. Then they head for Markham. Richard has the whole back seat all to himself and their carry on luggage. Marlene sits over by Mike and asks quietly, "Did you speak to your son about his actions on the plane." Mike nods.

They pull up to the house in Markham and Mike parks by the curb. It doesn't look like anyone is home, so Mike says he will check. He goes to the door and rings the bell. No answer. As he walks back to the car he uses his cell phone to call their number. On the second ring Jeff answers. "Hello."

"Jeff? It's Mike. I'm out in front of your house. I didn't think anyone was home."

"Oh, come in, Mike. I heard the bell. It woke me, but I heard the phone so I grabbed it first. Come on in."

"Be right in. Is Nina here?"

"Sleeping. Sedated, really. But I have to rouse her shortly to feed the girls. Come right on in. The door's unlocked."

"Coming."

He punches 'end' and puts the phone back on his belt. He tells the others to come with him and goes to the house. Before they reach the door Jeff is there, waiting for them. When he sees Marlene he gives a cry and takes her into his arms. They speak then he rests his head on her shoulder for a few minutes. They all go inside.

As the rest talk in the living room Mike strides through to the master bedroom. He sits on the bed next to Nina and takes her hand in his. He studies her harried face in uneasy slumber.

Quietly he says, "My itty bitty pretty one, you've had a rough time of it. Rest easy now, my love. I'm here."

Her countenance clears a bit and she mumbles, "Mike?" She takes a firm grip on his hand but sleeps on a bit easier. Mike looks over at the two small bassinets and his sleeping daughters, Anne and Cathy. He looks around and sees the familiar surroundings. He waits for her to wake.

In a while Jeff comes in and says, "We better rouse her up. The babies are overdue for their feeding and will be fussing before long. He anxiously checks on them. "I'm almost afraid to check on them any more and I have a thousand times today. It's so unbelievable that she nursed him at three and at seven he was gone. Life seems so uncertain now."

Mike squeezes the hand and gently shakes her shoulder. "Nina? Wake up, itty bitty pretty girl. It's time to nurse the babies."

She opens her eyes and stares at Mike then suddenly she's in his arms and cries on his shoulder. He holds her and lets her cry it out while he rubs her shoulders and back. Soon one of the babies gives a long wail and starts fussing. She pulls back from him and looks to the bassinet. "Please bring me Anne. Life goes on and she must be fed." She bows her head and the tears run from her nose and cheek.

Mike says to Jeff, "Wait for a minute. Try to occupy the babe." He turns Nina and massages her back between her shoulder blades and along her spine. As he feels her melt and relax he nods to Jeff. Marlene looks on with a smile. He has Nina lay back and puts the baby to her breast. She gives a wan smile and the baby starts nursing. She whispers, "You know all the tricks, don't you, Mike?"

"I know you have to relax before you can nurse the child. Do you want the other one? She's still sleeping but it's up to you."

Weakly, "Let her sleep for now. If I go to sleep, please wake me." Her eyes come up and light on Mike, "Did Jeff call you? I'm so glad you're here." Then she notices Marlene for the first time and says, "Marlene. You came with him. How nice." There's no warmth in her voice.

The phone rings and Jeff goes to answer it. As he talks on the phone he beckons Mike to come to the kitchen. Mike slides that way and Marlene takes his place by Nina.

He goes to the kitchen and stands by Jeff on the phone. Jeff puts his hand over the receiver, "Funeral director. What's your preference in a casket?"

"Plain. He'll be buried with my mother. I'll see to it."

"What! That's not right! How do you know what Nina might want? Have you spoken to her about that?"

"It's what she will want. Never fear, I'll tend to it."

"Well, you're the father! Do as you please!" He speaks in the phone again and Mike wanders back to the bedroom. He stands by Richard in the doorway.

"Aunt Nina is a beautiful woman, isn't she Dad?"

"Yes. You're seeing her when she is most tender, with her baby. She's an attractive and exacting woman when she wants to be."

"Women are hard to figure out. I'll be glad when I get older and can understand them like you do."

Mike snorts, "You'll never understand them. I don't! I simply give them their way. It seems to work out best that way."

Jeff brings Mike a phone number on a piece of paper. "He's at the hospital morgue. You can reach them at that number." Mike takes the number and enters it into his cell phone memory. He nods at Richard and they go out through the sliding glass doors to the back yard.

"Son, I have to make burial arrangements for Michael so I want you to stay with your mother. You can comfort Nina but try not to upset Jeff. He feels I'm taking over where I have no right, but I'm simply doing what's necessary. My mother came to me in a dream and I know what I must do."

"You saw Grandma in a dream?"

"Yes. She leads Michael away with her and I know he must be buried with her. I'm calling a funeral director who is Mohawk. He will make the arrangements."

"Will I meet Uncle Terry and Great Uncle Broken Feather?"

Mike grins, "You mean Great Uncle Two Long Feathers, not Broken Feather. That was Terry's nickname for him. I hope Terry's home from New York. I'd like you to meet them all."

Mike calls a number and when a woman answers he says, "Hello, my sister. I'd know your voice in a million. So much like mother's"

"Silver Heels! Where are you?"

"In Markham. I'm down here on rather sad business, I'm afraid. My son's died suddenly in his sleep. He was only four months old."
"Oh Mike, that's so sad to hear. Do you want to speak with Terry? He's here and we're waiting for Grant and Caitlin. They are on their way up from Montreal for a visit. What a coincidence you should be in the area at the same time."

"First I have to contact a Mohawk funeral director. Then I can visit perhaps. Who's in the funeral business these days."

"Call our shaman. I have his number here somewhere. Talk to Terry and I'll get it."

"Silver Heels, you rascal. How's my little brother?"

"Are you going to be at Nancy's for a while?"

"Yeah, I don't have to be back in New York until the fifteenth of July. What about you?"

"I only have a week and it's going to be tied up quite a bit. I'm down here to bury my youngest son. Michael was only four months old when he died in his sleep."

"Ahhh, that's not easy. I feel great sorrow for you, little brother. Here's Nancy."

Nancy gives him the number and name of their shaman and he promises to try and get over to see them while he's here. Next he talks with the shaman and tells him of his dream. The man understands and says he will do his best to arrange for Michael to be buried in a common grave with Mike's mother at the Mohawk Chapel. He says he will talk to the family members and secure their consent. Mike tells him where the child's body is resting and says he will secure the mother's consent to have it removed. They talk of the old ways but soon Mike has to hangs up.

He goes back into the house and accepts coffee from Marlene in the kitchen. He sits with Jeff at the table but they don't speak. Marlene sits with them. She says, "Mike. Have you made the arrangements."

"I have. All I need is Nina's consent. He will be buried in common with my mother at the Mohawk Chapel in Brantford."

Marlene takes Jeff's hands in hers. "We'll attend together, Jeff. If Nina can attend, she should be with Mike. Do you understand?" Jeff looks defeated. He nods.

"Don't look so glum. Am I so awful?"

A small grin forms in the corner of his lips and he shakes his head. He lifts her hand to his lips briefly. Mike gets up and goes to the bedroom. Richard is with her and they are talking about Michael "...like Dad but there has to be a reason why he is needed somewhere else. Maybe they are short of angels. Maybe he's in training now as an apprentice angel."

"Oh, you're so like your Dad. That is a pleasant thought and who knows, you might be right. Come in, Mike. Your son and I are just talking while I finish up with this last pretty one."

Mike comes in and takes her hand as he sits on the bed beside them. "Nina, arrangements have to be made for our son and I have done all I can. I need your permission to go ahead with the rest."

"What is it you want, Mike?"

"I have arranged for his burial with my mother, subject to your approval. There's a reason. Do you feel up to talking about it?"

"I don't think I want to hear any more. I trust you and will approve anything you want. Do I have to sign anything?"

"If it's necessary I'll bring it to you."

"Thank you, Mike. I'm just not up to much right now. I'm sorry. I appreciate your help and you're being here."

"I have another call to make. Rick will keep you company, if you like."

"I'd like that."

Mike steps out of the bedroom and goes into the living room. He dials the shaman again and tells him he has the mother's permission for them to pick up the body. If the hospital needs her signature, he should bring the paperwork by the house. He gives him the address and phone number. He assures Mike it will be done as he wishes on the morrow. His enquiries among the family members have met with approval and elders are in agreement that Mary's grandson should be placed with her. Mike thanks him for his help and closes off the call. Marlene is by his elbow so he asks, "Jeff has accepted my arrangements, right?"

"You didn't give him much choice. He will accept them but I'll have to stay by him or he might change his mind. Is everything set now?"

"I think so. My brother, Terry and my sisters are all over at Nancy's. I would like you and Rick to meet them. Maybe tomorrow?"

"Maybe we'll all go over. It will give Nina something to take her mind off this tragedy. No doubt they would like to meet your daughters, as well."

"That would be a great idea, but do you think Jeff will go for it?"

"He will. I'm sure."

"You're going out somewhere with him, aren't you?"

"We'll be back early in the morning. It wouldn't be proper for anyone to see us. He's been cut out by your arrival. This is between you and Nina. He needs to get away from you for a while, a diversion if you like, or at least a distraction."

Mike nods, "So be it." She pulls him around and kisses him then goes back to the kitchen. In a few minutes they come out to the front door together. Jeff nods at Mike as they leave.

Mike goes back to the bedroom door and says, "Who's hungry here? Do you both want to take a chance on my cooking?"

"I'm just finishing up here, Mike. I'll come and fix something. Jeff can show you where everything is and I'll be right there."

"I remember where everything is. Don't worry."

"He's gone with Marlene, hasn't he?"

"She had to get him away from here. He feels I have invaded his home. She'll console him."

"If she wants him so bad... No, I'm sorry. I didn't mean that. I don't know what I mean. Oh Mike, I'm all mixed up."

"Don't get all upset now. I understand. You just need to rest and relax. I'll throw us together some supper."

He goes back to the kitchen and cooks up bacon and eggs with hash browns and a fresh pot of coffee. In the fridge he comes across a part pitcher of martinis and groans. He dumps the dregs down the drain. When Nina comes out of the bedroom with Richard, she notices the empty pitcher in the sink and looks repentant. Mike says nothing but she knows his disapproval.

They sit down to supper and he pours her milk. As they eat Nina says, "Did they say when they would be back?"

Mike looks at Richard, then shrugs and says, "Early morning is what Marlene said. Before the neighbors are up."

"Oh." She dejectedly eats the food without relish.

"Would you like to meet my brother and sisters tomorrow. I know they would like to meet my daughters."

"What about Michael?" She almost cries when she says his name. She looks at Mike in entreaty.

"I have a friend who will take care of everything for us. You'll meet him tomorrow. Don't worry about a thing." She studies her plate and nods. After supper she returns to her bed and Mike suggests he and Richard take a hot tub. He asks Nina if she will mind and she says not.

They go out and immerse themselves in the hot water. After they have been out there for quite a while Nina comes out and asks if Richard will watch the babies for a few minutes while she gets in the tub with Mike. Mike agrees if she will limit herself to ten minutes only. She agrees and slips out of her nightgown and slippers. He helps her down into the tub and she sighs.

"Doesn't this bring back memories, Michael? Oh God, I said his name!"

"But it's my name as well, you know. I remember you in this same tub last year and in the one in Abbotsford. We share a lot of memories, you and I."

"Remember our spot down by the beach. You said you would take me there again, someday. Will you, really?"

"I certainly will when the time is right."

She rests her head on his shoulder, "Oh Mike, I love you. Why must our time together always be so brief?"

"Because you have a steady husband that you love as well. You know the reasons." He surrounds her waist with his arm and cups a heavy breast. His lips touch hers and she swings around into his arms. He holds her tight as they kiss and when they break his embrace continues.

"My itty bitty pretty one, I think it's time we went to bed."

"Oh yes, Mike. I'll fix Rick up in the spare room, then I'll come to you, my love."

"I've put our things in the spare room. He'll know where he is to sleep. You better get out now. Your ten minutes are up." He helps her out of the tub. They cling together in the moonlight for one more kiss then she dons her robe and he his clothes. They return to the house.

Mike shows Richard to the spare room after Nina thanks him for caring for the girls. Mike sees him into bed and Richard says, "Good night, Dad. Be good to her, she needs you."

"You're becoming a wise man in your youth, my son. I'll heed your advice." He grins and wishes his son a good night then returns to Nina's room. She has all the lights out except a small bedside lamp and she beckons him. He smiles and goes directly to her. She lifts her robe and removes it, then holds her arms out to him. Slowly he undresses before her.

"It is nearly time for their feedings so we will have to hurry, my love." She runs her hands down his muscular body then rests her head on his stomach. Then she lays back and draws him with her. She smiles at his erection and reaches for it. Mike kisses her as she makes contact and she moans. Her tongue darts into his mouth and her hips start undulating, although he hasn't laid a hand on her yet. Mike remedies that immediately by running his hand along the inside of her thigh lightly, then caressing her bush and vulva. His other hand works in her hair and by her ear as the kiss continues. She tugs on his hips directing him to enter and he follows her directions.

She sighs and breaks the kiss to whisper, "Oh, my love, welcome to my body. It's been far too long since we've been one. Hold me, love me and ravage me. I love you so!" Her lips seek his again.

Too soon by far a baby cries in the night and they have to put their love making on hold while Mike brings the child. As the babe starts sucking, Nina puts one leg over Mike and pulls him back to her. Mike settles down to long even slow strokes so as to not disturb the child. When he feels her tense and her breathing increase he stops and slowly starts again.

When he hears the second babe cry out he withdraws and brings her to the bed. He gets her latched on, and then supports her so the two can nurse side by side. He shakes his head when Nina tries to reach for him with a foot. She smiles and nods as the babies' nurse. They know they will make strong passionate love when the babies are put down to sleep.

Mike washes up the first one and let's her air dry after he has patted her down. When the second is done they do her together, then diaper them for the night. Soon they are settled and Mike carries Nina back to the bed. This time he extends the foreplay until she almost begs him to begin and their lovemaking is both furious and fulfilling.

When the babies awaken them during the night for a short feeding, they again enjoy carnal bliss extended until they're exhausted. They fall asleep in each other's arms. That is how Marlene and Jeff find them in the morning with the covers kicked to the bottom of the bed and wrapped around each other. Marlene smiles and leads Jeff to the kitchen where they make coffee. She explains to Jeff, "She'll be alright now. She's put the hardest part of the grieving behind her. Mike has reawakened her. She will still have rough moments but she'll be able to cope with them, now."