All Comments on 'Death of a Marriage'

by JoshFrom53

Sort by:
  • 127 Comments (Page 2)
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Your writing is very good with fewer grammatical errors then I would have made if I tried to write in a language I could speak but do not think in so the writing would not flow smoothly.

Reminds me of a call I made to a friend in England. The owner of the house where she rented an apartment answered the phone. I asked for my friend and she called to her saying that she had a call. Then in a quiet voice she said; "It sounds like a foreigner ." I loved it! Although we spoke the same language I was a foreigner.

sbrooks103sbrooks103almost 3 years ago

While I agree that the English is good for a non-English speaker, it still needed polishing by a more fluent speaker. Writing is different from speaking. When speaking, you get immediate feedback when the listener doesn't get what you're saying, you have to be more careful when writing because by the time you get that feedback it's too late.

You should reach out to stev2244, he has a lot of experience and success writing in English as a second language.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

she hires a p.i and finds him

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartalmost 3 years ago

Not a bad start but I'm giving a 4 just because the story needs an edit with all the sentence breaks make it a bit tough to read. I also wish there was more fleshing out, the break up of a marriage happening in one page at breakneck speed left a lot of things unwritten.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Noop. I like that

KRD19254KRD19254almost 3 years ago

Not bad for your first, a little choppy and too brief a statements not being sentences. But the start is good. You left out much like phone call specifics, the kids and their attitude but we will see how you develop the story.

4.5*, Hooyah, Salute

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

I've read this series several times so I could get all the characters aligned in my head and I finally found one small, tiny, unimportant spelling mistake in the first chapter. Want to know what I found? I'm not gonna tell, I'm not gonna tell, nope not gonna tell all the other picky people who can't enjoy a well written story without complaining about their idea of a writing weakness from a non-English speaking author. Look forward to reading all your stories. Glad to see a new writer who is still submitting.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 3 years ago

pretty straight forward and simple. No sneaking around and getting pictures. No exposing her infidelity to friends and family. He was pretty easy on her. She wanted to explain??? It didn't really look like was?? Could have been better but it's ok but I do love a BTB story especially when the guy messing with the married woman gets his....

danoctoberdanoctoberalmost 3 years ago

Very good start. Looking forward to reading the next chapters. Thanks for sharing 👍. *****

MarkT63MarkT63over 2 years ago

Great job!!! Can't wait for the rest!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Why mention recording the conversation and not tell us what he recorded?🤨... I also would've liked to hear her explanation... it tickles me when a cheater thinks they can explain fucking around and everything will go back to normal.. so, yes, I enjoy hearing the bullshit🤭🤣🤣.. the story was OK.. it felt a little rushed.. the wife reaction puzzles me. From what the hubby is saying she's been treating him like shit on the bottom of her shoes for a year. they no longer kissed, hug, or talked.. sooooo, why is she crying?🤭🤭... he really couldn't see she was cheating? I mean the shitty attitude towards ones spouse is usually the first clue you have a cheating spouse on your hand. Ehhh. I just felt it was a little rushed with very little back story.. I hope there's a part time that puts things in context.. this ain't it... I want to hear what the slut has to say

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Ho Hum, yep, hmmpf.

BodyThiefByTheBayBodyThiefByTheBayabout 2 years ago

Nice story, I don't think you have to make the story like writing bullet points unless you that the format you wanted. Going to read the series before grading

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not a bad story. Your english is OK but you're have Syntax issues as well as colloquial background and connection.

I suggest you ask either a British or an American writer to proof your stories and you edit them.

Again, good story so please don't give up!

Highcountryrider

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I've read this before and still enjoy it, except for the sad part.

Dlh143Dlh143almost 2 years ago

Whoever I see a series on here, I wait to rate it until I can find out how it ends. If the author ruins the ending then I come back and rate the entire series accordingly.

SyzyguySyzyguyalmost 2 years ago

5* please see part 4 for my overall comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Give her the pink slip. Start a harem.

bobareenobobareeno10 months ago

I take it you are from one of those countries that lacks paragraphs.

MormonJackMormonJack8 months ago

Hey JoshFrom53! Thank you for writing and sharing. Much appreciated.

A couple of comments for you about the story. Maybe it was the way it was published (who can control how a story is finally formatted) but with the simple single sentence/paragraph format, it seemed more like an outline than a finished story. I "get" that sometimes a single sentence is better than a paragraph, but usually no. I wish there were more context and substance to the characters, and the progression to the point of breaking. I guess it all goes back to me thinking this was an outline more than a completed story.

mariverzmariverz8 months ago

bobareenoabout 2 months ago

I take it you are from one of those countries that lacks paragraphs

Maybe it should be read from right to left?

Quizas se debe leer de derecha a izquierda?

phill1cphill1c8 months ago

thanks, If I need a story intro. I'll call you. In the meantime, this story is not good. The paragraph spacing makes reading it not fun. The story is incomplete; the story doesn't really go anywhere. The story doesn't present any characters worth writing about.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Pretty abrupt writing style, but not bad.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Direct and to the point. You could explain things a bit more thoroughly but, all in all, a good start.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Why didn't he kick the bitch in the cunt on his way out the door?????

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userJoshFrom53@JoshFrom53
Hello everyone I'm retired so I have enough time on my hands. I write to entertain. To entertain my readers and myself and do so with the help of two patient editors. I walk, I write and not necessarily in that order. My stories are written as they come to me. Therefore m...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

SIMILAR Stories