Death of a Marriage Pt. 02

Story Info
Rick tries to reboot.
3.8k words
4.23
87.7k
66

Part 2 of the 4 part series

Updated 06/10/2023
Created 06/06/2021
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Dear readers.

I'd like to thank you for your feedback.

Feedback is always welcome, positive or negative as long as it is useful.

I tried to incorporate some of the suggestions.

There will be a last part. Thought it might take some time.

Thank you for reading

* * * * *

Karin heard Rick close the door behind him. She heard Rick starting his car and he drove away out of her life.

She went into the kitchen and sat at the table. Karin looked around. The kitchen was brand new. Rick installed it himself and the only thing she used was the coffeemaker Rick did all the cooking and he was a good cook.

After half an hour sitting at the table with her head in her arms Karin got up. She poured herself a glass of water and thought;

"This was not supposed to happen. Rick should be mad and we supposed to have a big fight. I would threaten him with a divorce and to take him to the cleaners. According to my friends he would back down and be malleable as wax."

She picked up her cellphone and pushed the speed dial. She heard a cheerful voice at the other end.

"Hi honey. How are you doing? Are you making progress with that geezer of yours? He should be at breaking point by now. Or do you need more tips?

* * * * *

"Andrea. Rick snapped. Just like you predicted. But you were completely wrong about his reaction."

Andrea retorted:

"What do you mean? What else would he do? Crying? Moping around for a few days won't hurt. He'll come around. I assure you. All other guys I've handled so far just do as they are told now. Be patient and strong. It's for the best Karin."

* * * * *

"He left. He told me that he was fed up with the way he was treated and he heard part of our last phonecall. He even recorded it. Now he thinks I'm having a lover. That sent him over the edge When I got home he already packed his bags, and now he is gone!"

Karin started to sob.

"Sweety. Calm down. Where can he go? He has nowhere to go and he has a job to do. He has to work for a living. He'll come back to you with his tail between his legs. That's even better don't you think? When he returns you can dictate your demands. And he just has to agree with them."

* * * * *

Next day, after a restless night, Karin went to work. She met Andrea at Andea's office. Together they went to the task of running a hospital ward. Just before lunchtime came a call from the frontdesk. There was someone to see Karin.

Karin was taking notes for Rachel so she asked the front desk to show the man to the office. After a few minutes there was a knock on the door.

"Enter please." Called Andrea.

A woman, in her early thirties, entered the office.

"Which of you Is Karin Clason?" She asked.

"That's me." Karin answered

"I need to see an identification please."

Karin showed her id. The woman handed Karin a sealed envelope and took a picture of Karin with the envelope.

"You have been served."

The woman turned around and disappeared through the exit leaving the stunned women behind.

====

Rick walked out of the house he felt sad, angry, confused but above all relieved. He looked in the trunk of his car. Two suitcases. That's all he had to show for his marriage of 24 years. Most important were 24 scritta paper books. His diaries! He thought

"On the positive side. It makes light travelling. First things first. Let's get out of here, as far as possible ."

With that thought Rick drove off to the garage. There the blocky Mercedes was ready for him. He handed over his old car and the salesman explained the features of the Merc. At last. Rick fired up the 240 cubic inch engine and he rolled out on the road for his 2000 miles journey. The emotions and the selfcontrol he had to exert during the confrontation with Karin left him exhausted so he decided that he would find a place to sleep.

He found a motel on the other side of town and went to bed.

The next day Rick wasn't surprised that he didn't sleep well and woke tired. He got up early. After a quick breakfast he got directions to an ATM machine in the neighbourhood. There he withdrew as much money as allowed and started his journey.

==== Karin looked at the envelope as if it was a poisonous snake. Andrea gasped:

"Oh no. He wouldn't dare!"

Karin opened the envelope. Out came a few copies from Rick's diary, an usb stick, a short note and the divorce papers. She started to read. The note first.

"Karin

Copies of the last year from my diary are now in the hands of my lawyer, together with the recording from a part of, by me overheard, phonecall. I included one excerpt from my diary to give an indication from the pain you caused me. I don't expect that you will give a shit, but I had to get it out of my system. I still can't comprehend that after 23 years of marriage you have become so poisonous, disrespectful and cruel. If you wanted 'out' because you were unhappy I would just stepped aside. It seems that you had another agenda. My reason for divorcing you is 'sustained mental abuse'. I also requested a restraining order because of that. To be be absolutely clear. I don't want to see you! I don't want to hear from you! I don't want to speak to you in any way. Not on the phone, nor e-mail or by any other form of communication whatsoever!

You are going to tell the children why I left you. The pain and anguish you caused me are unforgivable. Even with the love I still hold for you.

May you live in interesting times.

Rick"

Karin could hardly read the piece out of Rick's diary. It was a description of the romantic dinner Rick had prepared.

A romantically set table with candles and red roses. A very nice wine and her favorite food. The food alone took the better half of the day for Rick to prepare. After the first bite she scoffed at Rick, told him it was the worst she ever had, he was an average cook at best and left to dine in a restaurant.

This was a scenario Andrea invented to break Rick's willpower.

It almost worked. But Rick completely ignored Karin for weeks. He didn't talk to her. He stopped making dinner and all other little things that take care of a smooth household. After three weeks Karin gave in and apologized for her behaviour. Rick accepted the apology but his gentle and loving attitude towards Karin never completely returned.

After both women read the letter, the diary and the divorcepapers Andrea exclaimed that she would call and sort him out.

"We'll just give him a sense of security. Then I'll take him down."

Karin had her doubts about that. Actually she started to doubt the whole experiment. She wanted a husband she could control. Andrea promised her just that. Now her husband was so angry that she probably lost him.

* * * * *

It was obvious to Rick that he needed another night in a motel. He stopped at a diner for lunch and to check for a motel using the wifi at the diner. He vaguely remembered something about mating the phone to the car. That way you could upload your destination to the Merc's navigationsystem and call handsfree. After a sandwich pulled pork he set to work.

When browsing through the settings of his phone he noticed that the 'find my phone' app was still active. He disabled the app immediately and resolved to change from provider and phone number. The rest was fairly easy. Within half an hour he was on the road again. At the end of the day he checked in another motel, found someplace to eat, had a drink and crashed for the night.

Next morning he woke up at 5. Took a quick shower and was on the road at half past five. Three hours later he was on his second coffee after a copious breakfast. He reckoned that he needed another 6 hours on the road before reaching his destination.

An hour later his phone beeped. He looked at the car display. An undisclosed number. Rick accepted the call.

"Rick Clason. With whom do I have the honor?"

* * * * *

"Mister. What is this nonsense, leaving your wife with no good reason? Do you really think you get away with that? You come back immediately and apologize to your wife as a good boy should. She is worried beyond belief. You hear me!"

* * * * *

"Well. That's the first time in over a year. Goodbye. Have a nice day and don't call again."

Rick disconnected while he thought:

"When you don't even have the decency to mention who you are you can go to hell. I'm fed up with all the disrespect. I seriously need a new phone number"

At 4pm he finally arrived at his destination. He felt exhausted. All the emotions like sadness, anger and tension together with the long drive in an unfamiliar car did him in. He collected the keys from the estate agency and went to his new home.

The house was exactly as advertised. A sitting room, a kitchen without utilities, on the second floor, between the two decent sized bedrooms a nice bathroom . A porch overlooking a small front garden and at the back a somewhat bigger garden hugging the woodland. Sparsely furnitured, no linen and so on. Rick resolved himself to do some serious shopping tomorrow. He threw his luggage in the bedroom and went searching for some supper.

A short drive later Rick arrived in the parking lot from a small restaurant. He was early so there was plenty of space. While parking he saw a woman sitting, on the ground, at the entrance of the lot. Her face was pale and twisted from pain. Quickly he parked the car and went over.

"My name is Rick Clason. Do you need help?"

"Please. Yes. I stepped in a pothole. Now I can't stand up. It hurts too much." The woman said through gritted teeth.

"I know some first aid. But first I need some light. I'll be back in a minute."

When Rick was back, the car's headlights were illuminating the scene. Rick immediately noticed that her right foot was at an awkward angle.

"What's your name? What do I call you?" He asked

"I'm Angela. I thought everybody knew that. "

"Good afternoon Angela. I arrived one and a half hours ago, so I didn't have time for introductions yet. First I'll try to make you more comfortable. I need the shoe from your left foot. Is it ok if I take that off?"

Angela nodded her ascent. Rick carefully took off the shoe and with extreme caution pushed it against the inside of the right foot so it was snug against it. Then he pushed it a little bit further.

"Auw! Careful! That hurts! Oh, that's better. What did you do? "

Rick replied:

"It looks like you broke something. I just relieved the tension on the bones. Now I'm going inside for some help to get you more comfortable sitting while I attend to your leg. I might to have to cut your jeans. Please think about that when I'm gone. I will be back in a jiffie."

Rick ran off and came back with the restaurant owner and a waiter. He asked

"Can one of you sit down with your back to the lady's back, but be careful not to push her in any way? Now. Angela rest your back against the man. Can I cut your jeans?"

Rick went to his car for the first aid kit. Carefully cut the jeans and saw the bone sticking through the skin. To the other man he said.

"Sir. She needs an ambulance and I need an ice cup, a small one. And can you tell the operator it's an open fracture?"

Few minutes later the man returned with a cup and he told that there was no ambulance in tne neighbourhood but the GP was under his way and would arrange transportation. Rick put the cup over the wound and bandaged it to Angela's leg.

"Right. That's all I can do for you. Now we wait for the doctor. "

When the GP arrived he gave Angela a sedation and splinted the leg provisionally. The doctor gave his instructions to the man taking Angela to the hospital, looked up at Rick and asked:

"They told me that you are Rick. I'm Stephan. Do you care for a drink?"

Rick answered:

"I care more for something to eat. I'm starving. But I'd like some company, so if you would like to join me?"

Rick's phone went off. Again an unknown number.

"Damn. Leave me alone!" He thought. And he shut his phone down.

Rick and Stephan went inside.

"What would you like to drink?" Stephan asked.

"Something with lemon in it, but without alcohol. I was already tired when I arrived, now I'm completely knackered and I have to drive back to my house. What is good to eat here?"

Stephan chuckled.

"A you are a sensible man. I like that. What brings you to this remote place? "

****

*Honestly? I rented the little house a few blocks down the street and I intend to stay here for a while."

Stephan gave Rick a penetrating look.

"That's not the answer to my question. Mind you. I'm the GP. If you intend to stay a while there is a chance that our paths cross in a, for me, professional capacity. I promise you that I don't gossip, because that makes it impossible to function properly. I'm sincerely interested. You come here to eat and you're tired. Even so you take your time to help a complete stranger. You put her at ease, administered first aid, which you did very very well, and you waited until I arrived to make her fit for transport to the hospital. You seem a capable and decent man. Most people run in here and call help. So please, once again; what brings you here?"

Rick sighted:

"Ok trust has to start somewhere. I am on the run. No I haven't done anything illegal, nor am I on the run because of debts or something like that. The reason is very personal and I'm not ready to talk about it. Not even to myself. It all is very raw and it hurts like hell." So please. There will be a time, but not today, nor tomorrow. "Now I'm very tired, I want to eat and tomorrow I have some serious shopping to do. The house is nearly bare."

Stephan looked at Rick again. His gaze was emphatic.

"I understand. I think that you are betrayed in the worst way. When ready, it will be an honor if you want me as the one to talk to. I can help you. When it comes to shopping I advise you to take someone with you. The company will do you good. I can ask my mother. She is good company, knows where to go likes to shop and help.

* * * * *

"You're not trying to set me up do you? It will be a long time before I will be ready for a relationship. And I don't know how all this will affect me. Maybe I will be full of piss and vinegar. I like the idea of a shopping companion. Especially when that person knows her business. I need furniture, kitchen appliances because I like to cook. Linen, the whole shebang, electronics including a new cellphone and provider."

* * * * *

"I'll ask my mother. Tomorrow you dine with us. You earned it for helping Angela. I'd like to introduce you to my wife and children. And by the way, there is a cookout coming this weekend at a friend's place. I'll ask if you are welcome. You can introduce yourself. Get to know some people. One last question. The local fire brigade is running on volunteers. They can always use someone like you. Think about it.

At what time shall I send my mother tomorrow?"

* * * * *

"Not before 9 please. I have some lists to make and I need to sleep. If I can sleep at all." I'll think about the cookout. I don't want to crash a party so I have to be sure your friend won't object. Can I bring something? Without the need to cook?

I need to know what I am volunteering for. What's expected from me and so on. Only when I know that, I can make up my mind about that. Can you set me up, with someone, for more information? Preferably at the end of next week?"

* * * * *

Meanwhile Karin sat brooding in an eerily quiet house. Could she call the children this late? Maybe they could talk some sense in Rick. She reminisced about her life with the children still at home. Both flew the nest at an early age. Marc, now 23 and Eve, 21, were doing great.

Marc had started a promising career as an urban planner. Eve almost finished her training as a trauma nurse and had already a job as trauma nurse lined up.

The children were very close. They lived only a few blocks away from each other and both were deeply in love with another pair of siblings. Both children were levelheaded, intelligent and perceptive. She decided to call Eve. Eve would understand.

"Well. Nothing ventured, nothing gained." She thought.

"Mother. Good evening. Hang on while I put you on the speaker. Marc and Elisa are here too."

Karin wasn't happy at all with that. She wanted to speak to Eve alone. Marc immediately would take his father's side.

"Eve. Why do you call me mother and sorry to call this late but."

Eve interrupted.

"Let me guess. Dad either disappeared or filed for divorce."

* * * * *-

"Both. How do you know? Did your father?"

Eve interrupted again, sounding angry.

"No mother. Dad never said a thing. But we're not blind. We saw that he suffered under the treatment you gave him! If that man loved you any less, he had. He would have done a runner months ago. You belittled him, humiliated him, denied him and made impossible demands. You tried to emasculate our dad! What did you do to drive him over the edge? Told him that you are going to take a lover, because it's your body and he can't do anything about it?"

* * * * *-

"No, no. Your father became complacent. I wanted to."

This time Marc cut Karin short.

"No mother. You wanted a docile servant. Not a husband. We read dad's diaries. He always told us he doesn't have secrets for us. They were just laying around, so we read them. You know. He is brutally honest in them. Also with himself. The diary just confirmed what we saw happening. We also know who put those poisonous and extreme femdom ideas in your head. Now dad left maybe they can keep you warm Mind you. Dad left, but you an abandoned him long before that. Now one last thing and I speak for all of us If you have only a sliver of compassion for that man, be so decent to sign the divorcepapers without fighting him. Set him free. Maybe there's a chance that you will see him again. If you don't sign as we ask you to do. You are going to miss my wedding and your grandchild growing up. And yes Elisa is pregnant."

Karin was shocked at the vehemence in Marc's words. She tried again.

"But it's for the best,'' said Andrea. "

Eve almost shouted.:

"Stop right now. Andrea is a female chauvinist pig. No different from a male chauvinist pig. She wants to dominate men. Use them as she sees fit. And you let yourself get sucked in. Under her influence you already destroyed your marriage, because of her stupid ideas. And was it worth it? You need a shrink. Now do something decent. Sign the divorcepapers. I completely agree with Marc's promise. You are our mother because you gave birth to us. It will be a very long time before you will be our mum again Bye mother. Have a good life."

Karin looked, full unbelieve, at her phone. Her children taking their father's side and banishing her from their life? Were her ideas so wrong? If so, she did some terrible things to Rick. She sat deep in thought while tears ran silently down her cheeks.

====

Rick got out of bed after another restless night. He was full of doubts.

"Spend the day shopping. With a woman? A total stranger. What was he thinking?"

He quickly took a shower and donned his last clean t-shirt. Coffee and breakfast had to come later. He had nothing to eat. He started his shopping lists.

A few minutes before nine he looked up. Someone was knocking on his door. He opened the door. Before him stood a spry woman about 65 years old. Short grey hair, friendly face. 5ft 4inch wearing a floral dress and sensible but elegant shoes.

"Good morning. My name is Trish. My son pressed you into a shopping coach. Than happens to be me."

She said to Rick.

"But if you are uncomfortable with it, I will understand." Trish went further.

Rick answered.

"I'm not sure if I am good company. And I don't want you to get the bad end of the stick. I can use someone to keep my mind off things and focus on the shopping."

12