All Comments on 'Debbie the Dumb Gold Digger'

by RetroFan

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
5 Big Stars

What a great story! I laughed and laughed. You have to fall in love with Debbie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

This was a very interesting read. Thoroughly enjoyed this story. I especially loved Debbie.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Please write a sequel

I so want a sequel, one where Kelly kisses Amy, and then Amy and her new 'friends' figure out how to get her out of her repression. It could be fun.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Enjoyable

Very enjoyable read. I Hope for a sequel.

CharmlesCharmlesabout 7 years ago
I like..

Like it! It was a bit slow but guess that added to the tension. It didn't seem Debbie was going to make a move so I like Vanessa.

She could have been a bit more of a domme though. She is too nice!

Looking forward to Kelly!

Unknown81Unknown81almost 6 years ago
This story is good...

This story is good...in a funny sort of way. Whereas I hated Breanna in your other story, I did like Debbie, even if she is a walking example of the Cloud Cuckoolander/Too Dumb to Live/The Ditz/Dumb Blonde/Bimbo trope. You could build a whole joke series about how dumb Debbie is (IMO, if she were smart enough to realize how she was coming off, she'd be horrified). At least Vanessa (who probably figured out Amy's true orientation from the start) acts as the Only Sane Woman to Debbie's sheer stupidity (Vanessa nearly steals it on her own, IMO; finding out her background would be interesting)…

Yeah, have Kelly break up with Sean because it doesn't work out, Amy comforts her as best she can and, well, let's go from there...

Good story (even if there's WAY too much information about the bodily functions of the main characters; talk about Too Much Information)...

Unknown81Unknown81over 5 years ago
It's a shame...

It's a shame that Kelly in this story isn't Kelly Bundy from Married...With Children (have you seen that show, RetroFan); otherwise, Seth wouldn't have to worry about getting laid. At all. Hell, I doubt Amy, Vanessa, and Debbie would have a hard time seducing that Kelly at all...

RetroFanRetroFanover 5 years agoAuthor
Kelly Bundy vs. Debbie

It would be interesting to see who would be the brightest out of Kelly from Married With Children and Debbie from this story, given both take place in Chicago in the early 1990s.

But I think that Kelly Bundy and Debbie the Dumb Gold Digger could both easily outwit Todd, the stupid fat bully from my "PTA Queen Bee & Teen Rebel" stories who thinks about himself in the third person.

MaonaighMaonaighover 5 years ago
A fun tale...

...stumbled on by chance. In my story "Three Steps to Heaven" I had a minor, non-speaking character called Chloe who's quite dim. I reckon your Debbie makes my Chloe look like Nobel Prize material. Half the time I didn't know whether to laugh or cringe at what was happening in "Debbie..." You had the lot: despairing parents, proselytising teenage God-botherer with besotted swain, desperately eager young lesbian, the dimmo to end all dimmos (you'd have been better letting Josh read Debbie a story rather than the other way around). And the humour was nicely leavened by a touch of sadness at Stan's dementia although in his own little way he was happy (even if the Aussies did drive on the wrong side of the road). All in all, great fun!

RetroFanRetroFanover 5 years agoAuthor
Thanks Maionaigh

Hi Maionaigh

Thanks for your comments on my story, and I'm glad you liked it so much. I'll have to read about your character Chloe in your story, it will be interesting to see how dumb she is.

If you like comedic stories that include characters who are none too bright, I have quite a few that might interest you:

'The PTA Queen Bee & the Teen Rebel" and sequel: Todd is a fat bully so stupid he thinks about himself in the third person, cannot get a driver's licence due to his sheer incompetence and when he goes into the girls bathroom at school (don't ask why) he can't work out why there are no urinals or what the blue bins in each stall are for.

'Bridget the Bossy Bridezilla' - Craig is the loser younger brother of Bridget's fiancé Ben, and stuffs up in nearly every scene he is in, especially when he encounters Bridget's infertile and very depressed sister and tries to help her feel better about things ...

'Jehovah's Witness Romance' Series - Samantha to be fair to the girl is more naïve than stupid, but regardless she isn't the brightest bulb in the box. This story has an interesting inversion of tropes; Samantha is African-American and her friend Andrea is a Caucasian blonde, but Andrea is more intelligent, streetwise and sarcastic to the point of being a bitch.

'Cute Celebrity Chloe Comes To Stay' - Liam and Luke are identical twins and the comical characters in this . They ask one dumb question after another about young actress Chloe before she arrives, have trouble telling reality from fiction and become so star-struck when they meet her they wind up near catatonic.

'April Leads Julie Astray' - This is a more serious story than I normally write, but for comic relief there is Billy, a bumbling fat teenager who has a huge crush on Julie and says one dumb thing after another.

'Take Cover From Tracy' - Set before, during and in the aftermath of Cyclone Tracy in 1974 this again is a serious story, but Abbott the 19-year-old son of the owners of the dodgy motel provides plenty of comedy in the first part of the story.

Mandy Makes A Man Of Mark - Mark's overweight God-fearing mother is the most astoundingly ignorant person one could imagine in this story set in the early 1960s. She thinks that America is fighting against the Japanese in Vietnam, that Australia is a communist country and dislikes a new band from England called The Insects.

If you read these stories, I hope you enjoy them.

RetroFan

Unknown81Unknown81about 5 years ago
I have an idea about Vanessa's background for the sequel...

At the end of this story, Vanessa said that she started out as a Catholic (even going to Sunday school, parochial school, and Mass) and grew up in a Catholic family, yet she became a lesbian stripper. I have an idea for what began that change: maybe her family (or some of it) died in the crash of American Airlines Flight 191.

AA Flight 191, a DC-10 bound from Chicago O'Hare to Los Angeles, crashed on May 25, 1979 (the 40th anniversary is next month, as a matter of fact), killing all 271 passengers and crew and 2 people on the ground; many of the passengers were from the Chicago area (and it is still the worst aircraft accident in American history; IIRC, an improperly maintained engine detached from the wing, severing the hydraulic systems and, ultimately, causing the plane to crash near a trailer park near O'Hare). At the time of Debbie the Dumb Gold Digger (1991) Vanessa is in her early-to-mid-20s, IIRC. So that means Vanessa would be just starting out her adolescence in 1979 (she'd be anywhere from 10 to 13, depending on how old she is), and losing one's family that young would have an effect on Vanessa, IMO (hell, maybe she even witnessed it from O'Hare; it was visible to a lot of people there), starting her down the path to the woman that is known in this story...

Is that a good idea, RetroFan (you can look up American Airlines Flight 191 on Wikipedia for more)?

Unknown81Unknown81over 4 years ago
Here's another idea for a sequel (or prequel)...

I have another idea for the sequel to this--have it be a prequel. I'd love to see how Vanessa met Debbie and took her under her wing...

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous