Debitum Infernalis Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

In the woods at midnight, the portal was finally fully open a wound in the fabric of reality leading to a foul dimension, from there a twisted figure emerged, the same monstrosity Alicia had seen in her nightmares had manifested into the world, the creature breathed heavily for a second, resting for even for a being as mighty as he breaching the barrier between worlds was a feat, he enjoyed the light, fresh air of earth for a moment before continuing his path, at least he would return with a souvenir this time, laughing maliciously he took a small round handmirror, the only thing he brought with him, he pronounced forbidden words in his abominable tongue, and the surface of the mirror shivered before exploding with colors and forming a picture, in it appeared none other but Alicia sleeping carelessly, the picture changed to reveal her location showing the victorian house of Rosa the creature smiled he'd been in that very house before, he laughed with his cruel voice and flapped his dark wings to start his search.

Alicia woke up suddenly she cried as her chest burned now more intensely than ever to the point of making breathing a difficult task, just mere seconds after Ryan woke up too, her wails too loud to ignore.

"What is it!?"

"My...chest...it burns..." Said Alicia with difficulty.

"That's it, we're going to a doctor!"

He jumped out of bed when Rosa came into the room unbeknownst to them she hadn't been able to sleep as she knew what could happen.

"Is something wrong?" She asked.

"Yes, Alicia has chest pain, we'll go to a doctor."

Rosa looked at her daughter covering her chest, specifically her birthmark, Rosa worst fears were materializing, whenever a disgrace came to her family the same would happen to her mother, the deaths of his parents being the ones she remembered the most.

"M-maybe you should stay...it doesn't seem she can get out now." That caught Ryan by surprise it was obvious Alicia was in danger, it was even weirder coming from her overprotective mother.

"What!?, no, we need a hospital, now, she's in pain!"

Then as sudden as it started the pain receeded, leaving Alicia panting for air.

"Alicia..." Said Ryan

"I think it stopped" Declared a breathless Alicia. Ryan calmed if only a little, however unbeknownst to him the real terror was about to start.

"How do you feel? we might have to..." The sentence died in Ryan's mouth as a flapping sound and then a loud crash were heard in the window everyone looked and their faces twisted in horror the monster from Alicia's nightmares had crashed in the window and was trying to tear open the window bars, the monster emitted a deep distorted howl of anger.

"No...no no no no no..." Alicia said with terror recognizing the beast while moving her head in a negating motion.

"Run!" Shouted Ryan, both women reacted and made it to the door terrified. Ryan wasted no time and took a bat from the closet, he quickly reached the window and struck the creature in his face with all his strenght, the demon wailed but didn't flinch no matter how much Ryan tried until the beast caught his weapon and broke it in pieces with his claws. Ryan ran and made it to the door closing it, then moving some chairs trying to bar the door he heard the metal bars of the window yield, and ran to find his family he couldn't see them in the upper rooms so he descended trying to reach the basement while he was passing through the living room, the ceiling above him bursted causing dust and debris to rain over him then there he was, the monster was standing in the middle of the room Ryan took a piece of wood and tried to attack the monster, however the creature avoided the attack and launched him to the wall with a single hit, Ryan groaned in pain as the demon got closer, then a shoot was heard and the beast flinched in pain.

"Out of my house monster!" Shouted Rosa as she held her husband's old shotgun. Ryan made it's way towards her still dizzy from the hit.

"There." Said Rosa lending him the weapon "I will try to get them somewhere safe." Then she left, Ryan nodded and turned to the creature, it was recovering although the floor had black dots of blood, the monster roared enraged Ryan fired the shotgun which again wounded the creature spreading his blood on the floor, Ryan fired four more shots all of them getting loud groans from the creature he tried to fire once more but found out he'd run out of ammo, he discarded the weapon and took a metallic bar from tha debris, the monster was getting up, but it was clear he was wounded Ryan started to hit the creature who was unable to defend himself in his weakened state, Ryan took a sharp piece of wood and stabbed him with it in the stomach, the monster feel to the floor but it was far from dead.

"You shall pay for this, insignificant creature!"

The demon raised and took the wood out of his body getting ready for another round, then a sound came loud and clear a rooster from one of the farms at the distance, the first rays of the sun started to appear on the horizon. The demon's eyes leered.

"You will not stop me!" Then he unfurled his wings and arised to the sky disappearing on the horizon. Ryan felt to his knees breathing heavily incapable of processing what just happened.

He heard a vehicle coming and turned to see Alicia's car with his family inside safe to his relief, Alicia came down running to him wearing one of her mother's long coats, when she reached him she hugged him burying her face in his chest and crying.

"It's okay now, he's gone." He said trying to catch his breath and to comfort her.

"No it's not!" Said Alicia, face covered in tears.

"What do you mean?"

"I'll have to tell you." Said Rosa ominous.

"Do you know what happened?, what even was that thing?, what kind of nightmare is this?"

"My daughter's nightmare."

"Huh?, can you please be clear."

"I don't know if you'll believe me, but if you want to save Alicia you'll have to."

"Okay..."

"What I'm about to tell it's the darkest most hidden secret of our family. Did you know as a child i had leukemia?"

"No, nobody told me that, what has that to do with this?"

"It started everything, my parents tried everything to save me, they took me to the best doctors in the country, paid any amount of money, tried every treatment, yet it was pointless my health kept deteriorating."

"But then how did you survived?"

"Thanks to that monster."

"WHAT!?"

"Hard to believe I know, my parents met a warlock, a real one not some money-grabbing charlatan, he even said he would take no money until i was cured." Ryan was infering where the story headed and felt a knot in his stomach. "He promised a way to cure me, we were so desperate that we gave him a chance and he told us about Ahbramonias, the thing that attacked us."

"So you made a pact with a demon?"

"To put it simply yes, but we did more than that, we tried to fool him. You see there's a way real pacts work unknown to many, the summoning is done on a full moon, while the payment is given on the next new moon. The warlock summoned Ahbramonias and along with my father made the pact, I was brought before him and he pronounced the most horrible words I'd heard, then put his hand on my head, he stated that by the morning i would be healthy, then told us what would be his payment."

"A human soul or sacrifice I guess?"

"Yes and no, of course he wanted a soul and my father was wiling to give his own, he thought it would be like the movies where the demon waits 'til you die to claim your soul, it's not like that."

"So he kills you inmediately."

"No, you see the soul of a dead human, especially a sinful one, is worthless to them, hell is full of them, why would a demon want that? No, there are two things they see as valuable, one is a pure soul, the other is a living human, combine them and you got the greatest treasure a demon could own."

"So he asked that from you?, but then someone would have to be the payment am I right?, so who did you choose?"

"That's the problem, HE was the one who choose, he choose my mother. It only made sense, a living pure soul, she'd always been a loving and cheerful woman who wanted nothing but her family's happines, she was always kind and compassionate, offering her help to anyone in need" A stream of tears scaped from Rosa's eyes. "After I was touched by him he asked my mother to be brought to him, he again pronounced his foul words and touched her chest, then that mark, the same one Alicia has, appeared on her chest, he disappeared then, the next morning I woke up full energy and feeling stronger than ever, I got out of bed by myself, something that was already impossible to me, I saw myself in the mirror, my skin was no longer pale, I had recovered the wheight I lost, and my hair had grown back, I looked healthier than ever I walked to my parents room and jumped on their bed, they woke up surprised and when they saw me running and laughing back to health they cried, it was one of the happiest days i remember, it felt so good to finally be able to be normal."

"But then something got wrong isn't it? you said you tried to fool him."

"Yes, the warlock said he had some sort of holy weapon, a relic that supposedly could kill a demon, his plan was to use it on the new moon."

"So let me guess you failed, spectacularly from what I see."

"I was sent out of the city for new moon, but what they told me is that the demon appeared on midnight as expected but when he tried to take my mother the warlock stabbed him, the creature then attacked and mauled the warlock, my father took his gun and tried to stop him, but then the demon turned against him, however the warlock now freed could cast a spell to exile the demon, a portal opened and some chains trapped the demon and took him back to hell, the warlock then warned my parents, the spell didn't stop the demon it merely prevented him from entering to earth, and so in fifty years it would return, that was on a july the seventh."

"So that time already passed, why you didn't tell us?"

"I kept everything a secret because I wanted my family to be happy, I thought that maybe nothing would happen...I-Im sorry..." Rosa started to cry now completely broken "The warlock warned us that the demon could use curses to attack us, after that my father lost his job and we fell in poverty, our few friends and family perished or turned hostile, my father was accused falsely and sent to prison he was beaten to death by some inmates my mother could barely keep us afloat, whenever some new misfortune came her chest would burn, like with Alicia, finally when I was a teenager she died when a car hitted her, but the last warning of the warlock was that even if by the time the demon came my mother was dead he would take another member of the family. I never wanted children so when I met Matthew I always told him to use protection, turns out any protection can fail, the chances are less than one in a million, then when I got the first sympyoms of pregnancy a misdiagnosis made it so we didn't know about Alicia until it was too late for an abortion, I wanted to be hopeful, but when I saw the mark on Alicia I knew he would return, I searched a way to stop him, but found nothing, real warlocks are scarce, really scarce, and religious people wouldn't even believe me!"

Rosa fell to her knees and cried face buried in her hands. Ryan didn't know what to think he could only hold the terrified Alicia trying to comfort her as best as he could.

Soon after the sky darkened and a sudden storm started the heavy rain making it almost impossible to see, after bringing his child home Ryan started to ponder what to do, Alicia started to make breakfast to try to deal with the fear with her mother's help.

"What was thing? it's a monster? does it want to eat us? daddy I'm scared!" Jhonny tried to hide in his father's arms.

"Don't worry, i'm not letting him eat anyone." Said Ryan gravely.

The entire family reunited to eat and then Alicia cried, her hands covered her chest.

"Just like with mom..." Whispered Rosa.

"Mommy!" Cried Jhonny. Ryan reached Alicia trying to help her. Rosa turned on her old radio trying to ease her nerves, the voice in the radio started.

"Good morning everyone we had some flashing news, due to the recent storm the river on the west road has increased it's level and caused the bridge to collapse, three dead and seven wounded have been reported, most of the west road is flooded or damaged, so to everyone in the road or planning to use it the authorities recommend to seek refuge and suspend any travel through it..."

"Wasn't that the bridge we passed?" Asked Jhonny.

"Yes, so now we have no way to return home" Said Ryan coldly, everyone had empty eyes as if trying to avoid the reality "Is there any way to contact the neighbours?"

"Even if you could the closest one is 6 kilometers away, and with this climate I don't know if they will want or be able to help" A thunder interrupted Rosa and all electricity suddenly failed, strangely even the cellphones failed "It's the same as back then, he must be using his magic to isolate and weaken us."

"Mommy!" Jhonny ran to his mother's arms, Alicia hugged him trying to comfort him but said nothing.

"Couldn't he attack now, it's not like we are in good shape right now."

"The warlock told us that demons can't tolerate daylight, hence why they attack at night."

"So he's waiting."

Ryan and his family dressed up he was wearing a pair of simple jeans a reddish brown shirt and his old boots, Alicia had a pair of white sneakers, thight blue jeans and a yellow wool sweater, Jhonny was wearing jeans a t-shirt and a pair of pants and sneakers all white by his mother's choice, Rosa put on a red dress with a simple pair of shoes.

Ryan got out trying to see the road, as the radio said everything was flooded the powerful wind and heavy rain had created deep lakes and rivers all too wide and dangerous to cross and with fast powerful currents, it didn't seem the storm would stop soon, as Ryan returned he found his family trying to fortify the basement of the house using debris and furniture to barricade and close every entrance silently he started to help. After preparing as much as they could Ryan took a moment to talk to Alicia.

"I won't let him touch you I swear."

"I just hope he doesn't harm Jhonny, if you have to choose, please, he is the priority."

"I promise I'll find a way to save you, both of you" Alicia hugged him, she wanted to believe him, but an inner voice told her otherwise.

"Now I understand your mother's behaviour."

"What do you mean?"

"Why she was always overprotective, her permanent sadness, the way she looked at me when we told her we would marry, like if I had a death sentence on me and she pitied me, it was because of this."

"Do you think we'll make it past today?"

"I will do everything to make sure we do."

As the day ended everyone silently got inside the basement trying to be ready for anything. Everyone would remember that day as the worst of their lives.

The night felt and Ahbramonias emerged again this time however he wasn't alone, two twisted, skeletical figures that resembled a mix of dog and human emerged with him, the light brown creatures cried in a high pitched tone as their master laughed, then he extended his wings, his pets which seemengly wingless cried and the flesh on their back twisted and grew forming two skeletic wings and so the three flew into the distance.

The tension in the air was so thick it was almost physical, Ryan and his family had armed themselves with whatever they could, mostly debris from the last attack, he'd a rusty iron bar in his hands. It was ten pm when they arrived, he heard the howls of the foul skeletal beasts and shortly heard them tearing at the wood furnishings trying to make their way to the basement he stood by the door Rosa stood behind him and farther from the door were Alicia and Jhonny, the vicious sounds of the beasts got closer and closer until they started scratching at the door causing it to shudder, then silence. The door was thrown down as the beasts entered howling, Ryan lost no time and attacked striking down the first one, before being tackled by the second one Rosa struck the new beast taking it off of Ryan. Jhonny cried in Alicia's arms terrified, the beasts looked at them and ran to them.

"Oh no, i won't let you!" Ryan ran and swinged the bar throwing them away from his family, Rosa managed to strike one of the beasts while Ryan was dealing with the other, luckily they weren't as though as their master, "thinking about it..." thought Ryan the ceiling bursted open like last time Ahbramonias entered the room, he was between Ryan and his family, as Ryan tried to reach them the beasts joined to intercept him, preventing him from helping.

"Now finally! my prize is here." He turned to Alicia, she pushed Jhonny back and attacked the demon with the wooden stick she had, the demon grabbed the stick with his claws crushing it, as Alicia recoiled he grabbed her right hand.

"Now you'll fulfill your debt to me."

Rosa striked Ahbramonias with her metalic pipe in the head making him release Alicia, then stabbed the demon with a kitchen knife.

"I'd enough of you monster!" She prepared to deliver another hit, the demon responded with a strike of his own wings launching both women to the floor he approached Rosa with a grin, then held her by the neck, as she struggled to scape.

"You only lived because of me yet you dare oppose me, fine if you don't want to pay I will retire my blessing." With a fast movement he twisted the woman's neck breaking it with a loud crack suddenly stoping her struggling, the demon laughed as he dropped her to the ground. Alicia took the chance to stab his chest with her own knife.

"Run Jhonny, run!" Cried Alicia, both child and mother ran out of the house holding hands. as the demon wailed wounded, the beasts tried to stop them but Ryan managed to tackle them putting them out of the way.

"Get away now!" Shouted Ryan, as he took the knife Rosa had dropped and slashed one of the beasts in the throat, the beast twisted and cried before finally dying, then he tried to slash the other but seeing his intentions the beast stepped back managing to get only a cut on the shoulder, while alive the beast fled in pain. Ryan turned to the demon but before he could reach him he flied off.

"Shit!"

Ryan exited the house chasing him off with his car.

Her nightmare had turned real, but it was even worse, in her dreams she was the only victim, here it was her entire family, even worse her child was here, her face was full of tears as she processed the scene of her mother's death, but she had no time to grieve, she had to drive through the muddy road.

Jhonny cried in the backseat. Alicia saw a flooded area with a powerful current ahead, she felt a void in her belly "no no no, please i only need a place to hide," a thunder lighted the world for a second and she saw a glimpse of hope "of course, how could i forget it?" a sign pointing to her left "Raventrail 200 meters," Alicia took the turn and in a couple of minutes saw the grim monoliths of Raventrail, now more baleful than ever, after reaching the site she stopped in one of the buildings entrance getting out of her car.

"Now hear me out baby, i need you to hide in this building, okay? Mommy will go to find help, but i need you to stay safe."

"Please mommy! don't leave me!"

"You'll be fine, i'll come back when i get help i promise."

"Oki..." Said the boy crying.

"Now get inside and hide."

Jhonny obeyed and ran into the building, Alicia ran too in the opposite direction, to the building in front of it, they were separated by no more than five meters, while it was true she would seek help, that wasn't the main reason she sent him away, she was the demon's target, which meant he would go after her, thus getting him away from her son, unfortunately her plans would be undone as the surviving pet of Ahbramonias had seen and heard them, stealthier than his master he had followed them after fleeing and was now preparing a plan.