All Comments on 'Debra'

by BadFr0g

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
corrytonmancorrytonmanalmost 8 years ago
Enjoyed it!

Looking forward to the next installment! Hope to see it soon :)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
where's the beef??

next time give us a story please.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Next page please.

Nice package, where is the meat?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Dialogue punctuation needs work.

This was a fairly well-written piece. Someone who writes as well as you do, should know the Number 1 rule of writing dialogue:

Every time you change speakers, you MUST start a new paragraph.

This makes it easier to follow, and realize someone new has spoken. If you take what you wrote:

Again, I weighed the situation and slowly spoke, " I can assure you that I have no problem with any of this. I won't tell anyone. Besides, who would believe me?" "I wish it were that simple. Our Debra here signed an NDA when she accepted our arrangement. And as much as I may trust you, some of our more prominent members require more." "I can sign an NDA. I have nothing to lose." I interjected. "Yes, that precisely the problem. You have nothing to lose...."

...and switch paragraphs when you switch speakers, you get,

Again, I weighed the situation and slowly spoke, " I can assure you that I have no problem with any of this. I won't tell anyone. Besides, who would believe me?"

"I wish it were that simple. Our Debra here signed an NDA when she accepted our arrangement. And as much as I may trust you, some of our more prominent members require more."

"I can sign an NDA. I have nothing to lose." I interjected.

"Yes, that [is] precisely the problem. You have nothing to lose...."

See how much easier to read that is? When I first read your story, I must've gone over the dialogue sections a half dozen times, till I got it straight in my head, which person was speaking, & when did it change from him to her?

Now, get busy writing and let us know what happens next. I really hate cliffhangers--especially when I'm interested enough in the characters/plot to care about what happens after they hang on the proverbial cliff!

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Agree with prior comments

I was so sucked in that I was stunned when it ended before it got going. Very engaging premise. You have talent, so hope you take the advice of your other commenters.

foolscapfoolscapover 7 years ago
Wonderful dialog

weakened by lack of paragraphing. Fun to read and a great beginning to other adventures......

As was said earlier, new paragraph with each new speaker. Would have been an easy ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ .

Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous