Decision time in a Marriage

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I swear to God, I'll spend the rest of my life making this up to you. I beg you Sean, please give me another chance."

My heart was broken. Tears in my eyes too. I looked down at Chloe, my wife, begging me. I could see the pain in her eyes. I could hear it in her voice. It's the sound of desperation. It's that indescribable sound, that you only recognize when you hear it. It's like pleading with God to save your life, when you're in so much pain, you can't bear it.

I heard her mother sobbing. I looked up and saw Beverly being held by Chloe's dad. Her head buried in his shoulder. His arms around her. I could see the pain in his face. Everybody was hurting. I turned my head and saw that my father, my rock, the man that has been there for me from peewee football, to my first date, to being my best man, had tears in his eyes, as he reached behind him, and pulled out the manilla envelope.

It was like living in slow motion, but in real time, as I took the envelope in my hand. Chloe saw it and fell on her hands sobbing. Her back heaving up and down, as her body tried to get air into her lungs between the sobs. I could hear her saying "Please God no. Please God no." over and over. I looked up to her parents. Both of them were crying now. Seeing their daughter in so much pain, and knowing there was nothing they could do about it.

I pushed the aluminum clasp together, opened the flap and pulled out the papers. I knelt down in front of Chloe. Her forehead in her hands. She was shaking her whole head back and forth. I laid the papers down on the floor in front of her, stood up and took two steps back. Her parents got up of the couch. Her mother ran to her side while her father walked towards her. My own father came up and stood right by my side.

Beverly fell to her knees and hugged herself to Chloe. Bill knelt down beside his daughter and picked up the papers to look at them. He looked up at me with tears, then whispered into Chloe's ear. Chloe brought her head up from her hands as Bill put the papers where she could see them. While this happened my father put his hand on my shoulder and whispered,

"You made the right decision son."

I closed my eyes and put my hand on his hand and said "I know I did, dad."

I looked down just in time to see Chloe put her hands over mouth and started to stand up. Beverly was on her knees and Bill was still on one knee. My father walked over to Beverly and started helping her up. Bill put the papers on the floor and took a deep breath in and out. Chloe buried her head into my chest and started crying even harder

I looked over at my Father, Beverly and Bill. Her parents were now standing and staring at the papers. My father was behind them. I smiled and nodded at my father. He smiled and nodded back. I looked down at Chloe and she looked up at me. Those blue eyes of hers that I fell in love with, were bloodshot red from crying so hard and so much.

"I'll never forgive myself for what I've done. I'm so sorry Sean." Chloe said.

I leaned down and kissed her on her forehead. "It's time for everyone to leave now." I said.

My father and Bill shook hands. Chloe and Beverly hugged each other and cried. My father came over and hugged me.

"The road to recovery is full of potholes and detours, but, what's dead is dead, and it's never coming back." he said.

"I know dad."

"I'll walk them out son." and he did.

I walked over to the couch, sat down on the end and let my head fall into the back of the couch cushions.

"What a god damn day" I said out loud, as Chloe snuggled into my side.

"I don't deserve you sweetie, but I'll spend the rest of my life making sure, you never regret giving me another chance, to prove how much I truly love you." she said while crying softly.

Epilogue:

Before the weekend was over, Chloe had downloaded a tracking app to my phone. She wanted me to always know where she was at all times. That first weekend, all she wanted to do was cuddle. She told me that she was scared, she'd wake up and discover it was only a dream, and that she lost me. There were some hard times. She was extremely fearful of me changing my mind, she got really possessive for a bit, she slapped some guys that she thought were flirting with her, etc.

It took almost 2 months before Chloe and I had sex again. That was after she was cleared of any STD's. We had a few times where we got started, then the image of her fucking James, entered my mind and I lost the mood. Then one day, I came home late from a job site, and found her asleep on the couch. She was wearing one of my flannel shirts with no pants and was barefoot. She looked so sexy, that I stripped naked right there at the entrance to the front room.

After months of no release, I had a lot stored up. I didn't last more than five minutes, but, she had 2 orgasms and cried tears of joy and pleasure that whole time. We cried together afterwards, and fell asleep on the couch that night, holding each other. That night turned out to be even more special because, eight and a half months later, she gave birth to our twins, Mikkel and Abigail.

As for Stephanie, things have thawed out some between us. Chloe and her are still best friends. I told Chloe what I said to Stephanie on the front porch that day. She got a little mad at me for that. LOL. Not because I hinted to Steph that I'd fuck her, but that I called her by the name she was teased with in high school; Whiskers. Chloe told me once, that if I did get a revenge fuck, she'd prefer it to be Stephanie, which caused Steph to turn 50 Shades of Red, from blushing.

Chloe has proven that she truly loves me and I do not worry about her cheating again. I saw the heart wrenching agony she suffered because of her mistake, and if I'm being honest, I sure do like the extra attention and loving, both inside and outside the bedroom.

12