All Comments on 'Deep Space Biology'

by rosachthebrave

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
TJSkywindTJSkywindover 9 years ago
Interesting ideas

Some comments on the science, though. Six hundred thousand years is enough time for *some* substantial alterations. Is it the story's conjecture that the homo erectus were seeded there by another race? No mention of them though.

The following is not meant as a personal attack; these are things I thought of while reading the tale. I see from the tag that this was meant as a tentacle porn, and not to be taken seriously. Still, what I wrote below is the science part of the science fiction / fantasy that crossed my mind as I read your story, so consider this feedback on believability. Here goes:

The bears must have been using other animals as hosts prior to the humans arriving; that sort of reproductive strategy is something that is a major investment strategy from the get-go. Six hundred thousand years is not enough time. There would also have to be some major bio-cocktail to prevent the body from rejecting any alien placenta from implanting within the womb. That sort of thing takes tens of millions of years to develop, such as like what happened in Australia with marsupials. Yet the lecturer had no after effects?

Interesting, that the humanoids change from omnivores with an emphasis on meat-eating to vegetarians. What prompted that change in their diet? Not a critique, but it begs an answer. Several late stage archeology sites of erectus showed signs of cannibalism, so that is a major dietary shift.

You also note that there is a dearth of minerals, and that the flora and fauna seem to be drawn to the colonisas as a result. This would work for the short term, but the biology requires replacement sources. Long term nutritional deficiency could explain the muteness and mental deficiency. It could also spell the doom for long-term survival. It also strongly suggests that the native life may be using another base element? How are the humans replacing the iron and other elements that the native wildlife and plants so eagerly plunder from the humanoids in their midst? Lack of these items would lead to other debilitating diseases -- rickets, anemia, and a host of others.

The lecturer letting herself be used by the plant for a month? And the worms? From an exobiology standpoint, that set off all sort of alarm bells. The excuse that the field researchers "couldn't put up much of a fight to blend in" isn't valid. Blending in is for cultural research, not physical or biological research, and scientists who let themselves be experimented on by local wildlife are food for compost. I know, I know. It's tentacle porn.

You had the story-teller laugh about it and say how fun it was to have the worms wriggling around and the plant temporarily latch onto a humanoid -- but nothing about any quarantine or check of her systems to make sure she or the other party members are not carrying bio-hazards or even gene-altering systems. Does the plant rob the humanoid of vital minerals in order to go to seed? Or will the affected team members suddenly sprout pods and burst with seeds. Earth plants create fruit so that animals will shit the seeds in new locations to spread into new growth areas. The casual attitude of the lecturer about the body being invaded over and over by native wildlife fits in with tentacle porn, but is cavalier about the effects and possible repercussions.

It would be better to have the lecturer present by holographic or some sort of sub-space communication. The interstellar version of the CDC would be all over this team in a heartbeat. But this is tentacle porn, I remind myself.

And from the long-term presence of the homo colonisas, I would expect bacteria and other micro-organisms to readily prey on the new human arrivals. The lecturer got scratches and abrasions from the bear mating. No illness? No, I remind myself again. It's tentacle porn. Invading orifices is the whole point, it's not supposed to make sense.

4* for effort and readability. Ignoring the Ewww factor.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
SEXY!

Very hot! Can you write something on the worms going down inside dick and ending up wriggling around in the prostate and ballsack perhaps a first hand encounter

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Brilliant. Loved it. I also liked your style of giving a lecture. It interested me because I'm finishing a novel that includes some interesting plant life on an alien world. The plants in my story go for both men and women. It'll be a follow up novel to my current novel, Alternate Earth. Check it out when available.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous