Delicate Touches Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Why did I say that? Mei Lin fidgeted with the cuff of her blouse and glanced again at Stella on the other side of the floor to ceiling glass partition. The older woman had her feet up on the desk and was leaning back in her seat while the man who'd been at the interview with her talked. She had a bemused expression on her face, as if she was contemplating something amusing.

Probably me, Mei Lin thought and glanced at the young man sitting opposite her. Richard was applying for a junior solicitor position and he at least looked confident. He had short brown hair and wore a dark blue suit, white shirt and red tie. He saw her looking and smoothed out his hair, which had enough hair product to leave traces in the air, her brothers used the same product. Mei Lin ran a hand over her skirt and then looked up suddenly as the man who'd been speaking to Stella walked out and nodded at her.

"Stella would like to see you," he looked at Richard, "we'll be with you in ten minutes, Richard."

Mei Lin rose and picking up her knapsack, stepped into the office.

"Close the door, please," Stella swung her feet off the desk.

Mei Lin closed the door and sat down in the seat the older man had just vacated, it still felt warm. Stella glanced at her computer as she clicked the mouse.

"Can you start next week?"

Mei Lin's eyes widened as she nudged her glasses further up her nose.

"Sure, um, yeah."

"We're going to have to teach you how to answer a question," she smirked, "it's yes, Stella, no um and no yeah."

"Yes Stella," she sank back in the seat, "I thought I'd made a mess of it."

"You were fine, Brian is just giving me the benefit of his wisdom, such as it is," Stella rose and ran her hands over her skirt as she walked to the printer, which had just started up.

"Your class schedule, do you have it?"

"Sure," she pulled a plastic folder out of her knapsack and opened it up whilst Stella retrieved the papers from the printer.

"What you've got is a three month temporary contract, after which we'll review it, with the option of extending it for six to twelve months depending on what works for the firm and you. It's full pay, which means you're doing better than our intern out there," she put the papers on the desk.

"Take them home, read them and bring them back once you've signed," she pulled the folder across the desk and squinted at it.

"I've got an orientation day on Monday but it's really just a half day, so I could work after twelve and then my next class is the following Monday, the Tuesday and then a half day Friday."

"That's better," Stella grinned, "you had all the information to hand and I didn't even have to read it for myself. I've got a good feeling about you," she walked to the coat rack and lifting down her handbag, carried it back to the desk.

"I need you to do a job for me right now though," she took out her purse.

"You remember where Nicki works?"

"Yes."

"I have no idea where you go to get keys cut in town because it's not information I need, but you'll find somewhere," she took out fifty dollars.

"Get two sets of keys cut," she took out her keys, "bring these keys back here and keep the change," she handed her the money and the keys, "consider this your first task, try to have some money left over. Nicki is working a half shift today so you can give her one set of keys and you'll have your keys of course."

"Thanks, Stella."

"You're welcome," she grinned, "welcome to the firm," she held out her hand and Mei Lin took it briefly, "okay, I have to go over a few things with our intern out there. See you soon."

"Do you want me to bring you back some lunch?"

"I'm afraid that boat has sailed," she fluffed out her hair, "Evie is taking me out for lunch."

"No worries," she rose, "and thank you."

"The pleasure is all mine," Stella smiled.

The smile remained fixed as Mei Lin slipped her hands into the sleeves of her camel coat, her breasts pushed against the blouse and Stella could see the imprint of the cup and then she was turning and walking out, leaving her perfume behind. Stella let the fantasy play out in her head for a minute or two and then buried it as she regarded the young man on the other side of the partition. He had his back to her but he'd stared after Mei Lin as she walked past him.

How am I going to handle living with her? Stella leaned back and stared out the window, just sitting opposite her makes me wet.

Focus, focus, focus, she closed her eyes.

God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can and the wisdom to know the difference.

Little did she know that Mei Lin was also playing with idle fantasies.

***

Nicki glanced at the phone as she washed her hands. Amanda usually wrote long, gushing texts that spilled over the word limit and were usually spread over two or three texts. This time she had sent what had to be the shortest text Nicki had ever received from her.

Amanda: We need to talk.

A frown creased her brow as she wrung her hands and stared at her reflection in the mirror. Oddly enough, Stella's reasons for delaying so long before agreeing to interview her about the room were because of Amanda and the on again, off again relationship that passed for true love. However when Nicki told her that she'd actually agreed to a six month lease Amanda suddenly changed her mind, even when Nicki reassured her that Stella was in a relationship with Evie. She of course wanted to know everything about Evie and when Nicki couldn't furnish much more than a basic physical description and a few other details she went quiet and despite a fairly hot and sweaty night between the sheets last night, she'd been almost detached.

Nicki sighed as she dried her hands with a paper towel and then she tapped the reply button and raised the phone to her ear as the door opened. A woman's face peered around the door, Victoria was born in Somalia but had spent most of her life in Australia.

"You've got a visitor out there," her eyes shifted, "when you're ready."

"I'm there," she bowed her head as Amanda answered the phone.

"Nicki, you got my text."

"That's why I'm calling. What do you want to talk about?"

"About you moving in with her and Evie."

"I'm moving into Stella's place," she stepped out into the short passageway that led between the café and the back door. She paused for a moment and then moving to her backpack hanging from a row of hooks on the wall she plucked out her cigarettes and stepped outside.

"Evie isn't even part of the equation."

"That's what worries me, what if Stella and Evie break up?"

"Well I guess Stella will find some other woman, or not but I'm not fucking my landlady," she stepped out into the alley and opened the cigarette packet.

"So, I guess this is where the rubber hits the road," she pulled a cigarette from the packet with her lips and slipping the packet into her trouser pocket, took a lighter from the other pocket.

"One of Stella's rules about me moving into her joint was that you and I wouldn't be falling out with each other over stupid shit, like this," she lit the cigarette.

"So, you brought us into it? I can't believe you'd do that."

"Hey, you brought all this on yourself," she snapped back, "I've been dying to get out of Darren's place for months but every time I see a room for rent you've got a reason why I can't move in, and it's not as if you and I are going to set up our little love nest, we've been down that road too many times to count."

"So, it's like that is it?"

"Like what?"

"You know what I'm talking about."

"No I don't know what you're talking about," she turned away from the door as it opened and took a few steps forward, "so, how's about we call a spade a fucking spade, this isn't working for us, I have bent over backwards, forwards, sideways all for you and it's just never enough," she took another drag on the cigarette.

"Fine, fine, okay, I'm sorry," Amanda actually sounded tearful.

"I love you baby, please remember that."

Nicki pictured Roberta's face on the cusp of orgasm and sighed as she tried to say the words but instead she came out with, "I love you too, I gotta go now," she waited for a second or two and then ended the call.

Someone coughed behind her and she grimaced.

"For fuck's sake, I said I'd be in there soon," she whirled around and stopped in her tracks as Mei Lin took two steps backwards, her eyes wide with shock.

"Fuck, fuck, sorry, Mei Lin. I thought you were Victoria, I was just on my way in," she stopped, "you're my visitor?"

"Yeah," she pulled the keys out of her jacket pocket, "Stella sent me to get them cut."

"Thank you," she took a step forward, "I really am so sorry."

"That's fine," Mei Lin smiled slightly, "I kind of figured you weren't talking to me but it took me by surprise, that's all."

Nicki ran an eye over her, she was wearing a black, tailored jacket and black pencil skirt, but it was the white blouse that held her gaze for a few moments. The double row of buttons were at an angle and buttoned to the top, a necklace at her throat hid the top two rows of buttons.

"You look beautiful," she smiled, "I love the shirt."

"Thanks," she nudged her glasses up her nose.

"So, how did you get on last night with Stella?" Nicki changed the subject.

"I'm moving in and she offered me a part time job at her work, I'll be an office temp with this new team she's setting up."

"I didn't know she was advertising," Nicki eyed her for a moment and then suddenly threw her arms around her. Mei Lin took a half step backwards as Nicki held her close.

"Congratulations and congratulations," she pulled back a little and then kissed her quickly on the lips, "and that's not a gay kiss either."

She released her and pocketed the keys.

"So, what are you doing now?"

"Um, I have to take Stella's keys back to the office and then I'll head back home. Mum's taking me out to look at bridesmaid dresses for my sister's wedding tonight."

"Wow, more congratulations," she grinned, "well, I'm not doing fuck all this arvo, I have to get back and start packing my shit," she looked past her at the door briefly.

"I was going to ask you back to my joint but shopping for bridesmaid dresses is much more fun," she took another drag on the cigarette and then dropped it on the ground.

Mei Lin let her eyes fall to the cobblestoned alley. The story about going shopping for bridesmaid dresses was true but it was a task she wasn't relishing because it would just be the two of them, her sister was working a late shift. Nicki was already moving towards the door and Mei Lin fell into step beside her as she framed the question.

"Not exactly," she looked up, "my sister is getting married in eighteen months, she hasn't even started planning anything yet but mum has already chosen the flowers, the table ornaments and now the dresses."

"Your mum sounds a bit OCD."

"My mum wrote the book on OCD," she smiled crookedly, "where do you live?"

"Sydney Road, Brunswick, above a flower shop."

Mei Lin hesitated as she framed the question in her mind and then imagined the excuse Nicki would give her. Why would she say yes? She's older than me, she eyed her nervously and tightened her grip on the strap of her knapsack, she works, she has a girlfriend.

Never be afraid to ask questions, Linda's words came back to her, people are often dying to ask the same question.

"Do you think," she nudged her glasses further up her nose, "that maybe I could, you know come back for a couple of hours at least, as long as it's okay with your girlfriend?"

Nicki stared at her as she pictured Amanda's response if she was standing next to her and abruptly banished her to the far recesses of her mind.

"No worries, sure," Nicki nodded at the door, "I'd offer to run you back home but I've got a motorbike and it'd be a bit cold on your legs."

"I've got a pair of jeans in my knapsack," she replied, "I wore them last night to Stella's place."

"Oh, okay?" Nicki let Mei Lin lead the way back to the café itself, "well, that changes things. Where do you live by the way?"

"Bayswater North."

"It's a deal then," Nicki let her eyes play over her buttocks, she had nicely rounded buttocks and she let a smile nudge her lips as she pictured her in a pair of jeans. Perhaps things were looking up in other departments as well.

***

"So, what's this Linda like?" Evie stirred the remains of her meal.

"She's a member, ten years sober but she hasn't been doing many meetings over the last eighteen months or so. She's been living with a guy for the last three years but things haven't worked out and they've decided to call it a day but she can't afford to pay the rent and he's demanding his share of the bond."

"So, she works?"

"Yeah, part time as a relationship counsellor. She can afford the rent, she's got a slot at a clinic in Richmond, which is probably better for her as she's commuting from South Croydon," she reached across the table and slid a finger under the cuff of Evie's black blouse.

"So, why don't we take a drive out there at the weekend? If you want me to meet your parents."

Evie hesitated before replying.

"Okay, maybe you could stay over at my place for the night."

"Okay."

"Jeez, that was easy," Evie nudged her leg under the table.

Stella parted her legs and then as she looked around, she reached down and lifted her foot up onto the bench seat. They'd taken a booth at a nearby restaurant that had the added advantage of dimmed lighting. Evie also looked around as she let Stella position her foot against her pussy. She shifted her position slightly, wincing as her knee banged the bottom of the table. Stella moved her foot up and down her pussy and a grin drifted across her features.

"Remind you of something?"

"Flashdance," she giggled, "although I think we might get disturbed soon enough."

"You're right," Stella sighed as she let go of her foot, "but it's a tempting thought."

"They'll have toilets though."

"The last time I had sex in a toilet I was drunk."

"Wanna try it sober?"

"I wish," Stella grinned, "but I'm afraid I have to get back to work soon."

"Whatever," Evie pulled her foot down and leaning across the table, kissed her on the mouth, "but one of these days I'm going to fuck you in a public toilet."

***

The red motorbike in the backyard caught Mei Lin's eye as they arrived home after a thirty minute journey by tram and before they went inside, Nicki paused to tell her it was a Kawasaki Tomcat ZX-10 with a 997cc engine and a top speed of over 260 km/h.

"Not that I've ever had it up to that speed on the road with the amount of speed cameras on the road but my stepdad bought me a day pass to the Calder Drags, you can take your bike or car down there and just run it out as fast as you can. It was the best present ever," she slipped a hand into the crook of Mei Lin's arm.

"I've got a car at home in Omeo, an old Turana hatchback but this is my baby, come on inside."

For Nicki it felt like she was returning to the scene of a crime. She eyed the kitchen table, the kitchen was the room closest to the only door into the flat. She'd helped Roberta with a slight wardrobe adjustment by the kitchen table and received a passionate kiss in return. She stepped up into the living room. Darren was normally at home by now on a Friday but sometimes he went to the pub with his mates and then went onto Roberta's house.

"Cosy little place," Mei Lin looked around the kitchen, "although the kitchen is tiny," she stepped up into the living room and looked around, finding the massive open fireplace. It had a rusty old iron sheet in front of it and a gas heater in front of that.

"Darren!" Nicki moved to the staircase that led to the first floor, "Darren!"

There was no answer and she returned to the living room.

"Looks like we're alone."

"Cool," Mei Lin perched on the arm of the couch.

"You fancy a coffee?"

"You got any mineral water?"

"We got tap water," Nicki grinned, "but it has fluoride in it so I guess it's mineral water," her eyes twinkled, "or I can give you some Jim Beam and Coke, I can't drink any if I'm taking you back to your joint though."

"Coffee then," Mei Lin decided.

She contemplated texting Darren or maybe even Roberta but decided against it as she poured the coffees some five minutes later. Mei Lin was sitting on the edge of the couch playing with her phone and as their eyes met, Nicki felt as something passed between them. Was it lust or was she just being friendly?

"I'm upstairs," she nodded at the staircase.

Mei Lin followed her upstairs and into a room overlooking the concrete backyard. She moved to the window and pulled back the curtains to look outside.

"Nice view of the concrete."

"Yeah, it's riveting," Nicki put the coffee on the bedside table, "but the room is too small, I'm so glad to be moving out."

Mei Lin turned to examine the room. It was little more than a glorified cupboard. The single bed fought for space with the wardrobe and chest of drawers. She moved to the bed and sat down with her back to the wall and smoothed out her skirt as Nicki dumped a phone on the bed. Her eyes were drawn to the camera bag on top of the chest of drawers.

"Your camera?"

"Yeah," Nicki pulled her jacket off and tossed it on the bed, "digital SLR, I love that as much as I love the bike."

Mei Lin's eyes narrowed as Nicki loosened the tie and then started pulling it through the knot and for a split second she was back in Fatima's bedroom. Something akin to nervous anticipation flooded through her and then she looked away suddenly as the tie came undone. Her mouth felt dry and she hoped Nicki hadn't noticed and instead she picked up a certificate on top of the bedside drawers, it'd been propped up against the wall.

"You're a black belt?" Mei Lin looked at her, "you never told me."

"It's not something I throw about," she undid her top button, "for obvious reasons," she undid another button and Mei Lin felt the colour in her cheeks and nudged her glasses. She suddenly felt exposed as Nicki undid another couple of buttons to expose her bra. Had she read her look or was she just being paranoid?

Nicki had seen it but still wasn't sure how to read it. She was younger and from the eastern suburbs, and the inner suburbs could seem like a foreign country.

"So you want to be a model," Nicki spoke again as she undid the last visible button and fiddled with a cuff button.

"Yeah," Mei Lin moved around the bed. Nicki opened the cuff and went to work on the other cuff, and once again she was drawn to her, fighting the conflicting emotions as Nicki undid the cuff button and pulled her shirt out of the skirt. Her heart was beating a little quicker as Nicki turned and opened her wardrobe.

"What to wear tonight," she drew her fingers across the clothes, there were a lot of white shirts in various styles, she tugged at one and chuckled.

"Darren's old shirt," she glanced over her shoulder, "I borrowed it from him a year ago and keep meaning to give it back."

Mei Lin had not felt this level of arousal since, she swallowed as she pushed the memory back into the furthest recesses of her mind. Her legs felt like lead and as she reached her, Nicki let the sleeve go and plucked the garment from the rail.

"I've always had a fetish for white shirts," she murmured, "they have that virginal feeling," she reached out and fingered the collar of Mei Lin's blouse.

"Pretty," she murmured and then moved her hand down slightly to slide it in between the second and third buttons, the garment shifted as she pulled outwards but Mei Lin's attention was fixed on her front and the unbuttoned shirt.