Delicate Touches Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"My lips are sealed," Mei Lin swung her feet around and put them on the floor, "but let's go see what Linda wants me for," her eyes shifted as she stared at Stevie's braces.

"Love the braces," she slid a finger under one of them and tugged at it, "I really need to buy a pair of braces one of these days."

"You can have these if you want," Stevie looked down at herself as Nicki slid her finger further along the brace.

"Then your pants will fall down and you'll get arrested for indecent exposure," she pulled her hand away, "and I am looking forward to this balloon ride," she stood up.

"Come on, let's go see what the other two are up to."

However as they stepped out of the bedroom they heard Mia in Nicki's bedroom.

"My God, that is amazing. Can you do me as well?"

Stevie's grin stayed fixed as she touched Mei Lin's elbow.

"We didn't hear that."

"She's talking about photography, that's just your dirty mind," Mei Lin chuckled.

Linda was in the living room flicking through news articles on her phone when Stevie and Mei Lin entered. She looked up and smiled as they sat down.

"Stella told you?"

"Yeah, congratulations," Mei Lin grinned, "so, when's the big day?"

"About a week away, I've got a bit to organise but one of the things I have to do is get rid of the clothes he bought me, the tops at least are in your size, the bottoms maybe not."

"Why don't you keep them?" Mei Lin frowned.

"Because Gary bought the wrong fucking sizes. He has an account with an online clothes site and when I said I liked a blouse he went and bought it, we were still in love back then. I wore the blouse a few times but then I went away on a trip with mum to the Gold Coast for her birthday and when I came back he had bought an entire suitcase full of clothes, but they were the wrong size."

"Oh shit," Stevie grinned.

"Yeah, I said that too, more than once. I did try to please him and wear something but it was just a farce and so I kept them because every time I suggested I take them to the charity shop he acted as if I'd insulted his mother."

"Weird," Stevie murmured.

"Eventually he forgot about them and I just pushed them all to one side but now that he's gone I've been looking at all those clothes and I keep meaning to put them all into bags and take them to the shop. They might not suit you," Linda went on, "but if you don't like them just take them to an op shop and be done with it."

"Okay, sure," Mei Lin nodded, "no worries."

Nicki and Mia came in about then.

"Well that was a double win," Mia announced to all and sundry, "Nicki not only said yes to me but she's also said yes to some studio portraits of the band," she poked Stevie in the shoulder.

"You kept that one a secret, didn't you? Is there anything else you haven't told me about her?"

"She's gay," Stevie smirked as Mia sat down opposite her, "sorry, I've had a lot on my mind."

"I know," Mia replied, "we all have," she glanced at Mia, "well? Are you going on this balloon flight or not?"

"I am," Mei Lin replied.

"So it's a hat trick," Mia chuckled.

The conversation drifted to other things, the band and the party the band would be playing at tomorrow night. It was a twenty first birthday party out in Narre Warren North. The father was a federal politician for the Greens Party and the mother was a lawyer specialising in immigration and asylum cases. Because of their high profile they'd received more than their fair share of death threats and so they'd hired a private security firm to stand at the gate. Nicki was merely there to circulate amongst the crowd and keep an eye on things for the other security guards.

"They did offer to provide security inside the property," Mia remarked as they made their way to the car, "but the birthday girl didn't want big beefy guys mingling with her friends, so they struck a compromise and agreed to have someone low key and casual. Stevie suggested Nicki because of her sexual orientation, about sixty percent of the people there are gay."

"It's still a lot of money," Nicki ventured.

"I know but we're not the ones paying this time," Mia replied, "the father is paying."

"Cash up front," Nicki nodded, "okay, I'll be there come rain, hail or shine."

"Hopefully the last one," Mia turned and gave her a brief hug, "thank you."

Stevie glanced at Mei Lin and a moment later Mei Lin stepped over and gave her a hug.

"See you Sunday, text me the details or I'll get there and find I've missed my flight."

After everyone had backed out, Mei Lin walked over to Nicki, she was looking thoughtful as she watched them backing out onto the street.

"So, you and Stevie are going on a date."

"Yeah, finally."

"I'm happy for you," Nicki nudged her gently, "now all I have to do is find a nice woman."

"There'll be plenty there I'm sure," Linda spoke up, "maybe you might get lucky and go home with Mia."

Nicki winced at that.

"Um, she's straight but it is a nice fantasy."

"So, what time tomorrow?" Mei Lin changed the subject.

"About elevenish?"

"No worries," Mei Lin replied, "Nicki isn't working, she can come too," she slipped a hand into the crook of her arm, "we're the two musketeers but now we've got a third musketeer."

"You're on," Linda stepped forward and gave Mei Lin a hug, "I'm proud of you," she released her and nodded at Nicki, "take care, we'll chat tomorrow," she looked past her.

"I might have something for you, if you're into ties. My ex left an entire tie rack behind, not sure if you're into ties but they're only going to go to the op shop."

"Ties are cool, I'll um see you tomorrow."

After Linda had gone the two of them stood in the street for a few minutes. Nicki looked almost forlorn as Mei Lin stood nearby.

"So, you're finally taking the big step."

"I have to," Mei Lin looked at her, "for both of us. Sooner or later something might happen between us and I can't risk losing my best friend."

Nicki turned to look at her. She still had the tie hanging around her neck and a moment later she threw her arms around her.

"I love you, forever and always, as a friend."

"I love you more," Mei Lin held her tight, "to the moon and back."

They went back inside after that to sample the champagne Stella had given her and reheat some leftover Shepherd's pie. Mei Lin felt as if she'd grown in the space of twenty four hours and Nicki felt a sense of relief mixed with sadness. With Mei Lin now out of bounds she could finally breathe and smell the roses and one rose in particular had caught her attention.

***

Stella slid back along the couch as Evie sat down. She handed Stella a glass of Coke and settled into the back of the couch, a smile nudged her lips as she took a sip from her glass.

"Thanks for doing the dishes."

"Thanks for the dinner," Stella nudged her leg with a stockinged foot.

"So dinner was a success," Evie picked up Stella's foot and put it on her lap, "it's the first time I've tried homemade dim sims, usually I just buy frozen ones."

"They were perfect," Stella put her other foot on Evie's lap, "and don't get me started on the chicken chow mein."

"Thank you," Evie squeezed her foot, "it's nice to be able to cook for someone, Diane works shifts and she can be asked to do overtime at a moments notice so it's just not worth planning for it."

Stella took another mouthful of Coke as she ruminated on the day's events. Mei Lin's efforts in the holding cell, her performance in court, the phone call to Linda and her subsequent visit, but one thing stood out for her. It was the moment she walked into a bottle shop and bought a bottle of champagne without struggling with the obsession to buy something for herself as well.

"Looks like Mei Lin is going on a date on Sunday," Evie flicked her phone and showed Stella a picture of hot air balloons flying into a blue sky.

"With Stevie?"

"How did you read that from there?" Evie glanced at her.

"I can't but Stevie and the lead singer from Lesbomania, Mia dropped around tonight just after I got back with Mei Lin's present. I only caught part of the conversation between Mia and Nicki but she was asking Nicki to do security at some function," Stella took another mouthful of Coke.

"But Stevie was in Mei Lin's bedroom," their eyes met briefly, "and for the first time since she moved in that door was closed. Normally she leaves it ajar or wide open when she has someone in there with her, usually Nicki, but when I went to say goodbye the door was closed. I actually had to listen for the sound of kissing or giggling and then I called out just to make sure."

"And?"

Stella hesitated before describing the scene she'd witnessed, Evie asked another couple of questions and then smiled as she put her empty glass on the coffee table.

"It sounds promising, she's been on the edges for weeks," she changed position and Stella spread her legs to let her get closer, "I was going to raise the question last week but then I changed my mind and thought maybe she needs to work it out for herself."

"Well she's certainly doing that," Stella slipped a hand around her waist.

"She surprised me this morning when she admitted that she liked Nicki as well but didn't want to risk the consequences of the morning after or a breakup when they both live under the same roof," she slipped her fingers in between Evie's buttons.

"She's a thinker," Evie stroked her hand, "sometimes I think she's just sitting on the outskirts too nervous or insecure to join in but a few days later she comes out with something we were talking about or doing and you can tell she wasn't being a wallflower, she was absorbing everything we said and did."

"That makes sense," Stella murmured, "it explains how she was able to approach Danny in the holding cell and take the initiative. She's been in the room when I've been talking shop with other lawyers."

She drained the glass as she continued stroking Evie's belly.

"I said something to her this morning after we'd been to the holding cell about becoming a lawyer, who knows by this time next week she could be looking into it."

"It wouldn't surprise me although she seems pretty intent on finishing this economics degree," Evie stared at the ceiling.

"So maybe she'll wind up doing corporate law, I know that's where I'd be if I could stand the pace."

"Not your style?"

"No, too many egos and too few morals, it's all about the money. You get brought in to advise some company on how to cut their costs and those bastards have all the moral compass of a sewer rat. I had a good friend who went into corporate law and lasted six years before he quit and started his own courier company. It was a hell of a drop in wages but it was like he lost ten years overnight, along with a few kilos, he stopped snorting cocaine, found himself a nice lady and settled down and he doesn't miss the corporate cut and thrust at all."

"Tell me something," Evie replied as Stella put her empty glass on the floor, "why did you stay single for so long after you quit drinking? I was thinking about it the other night, you're a good woman and it just seemed strange. Uncle Peter went out with lots of women after he gave up the piss, he had a reputation for it. Mum used to say he swapped one addiction for another, although he's been with the same woman now for fifteen years."

Stella hesitated before replying as she thought back over her drinking career.

"I was a heartbreaker when I was drinking. I used to focus on young straight women and try every trick in the book to get them into bed but once I'd had my fill I would move onto the next one. God, I think of Mei Lin and if I was still drinking she would have been on my radar. That's what's so odd for me now, living with two women, one gay and one curious straight but I've not thought about making a play," she paused.

"But after I stopped drinking Janine, my sponsor told me to close my fucking legs and my mouth and open my ears and eyes and learn to listen and listen to learn. Janine had me worked out pretty quick smart and I did try to flirt with her but she shut me down so fast it made my head spin. She told me I'll take you to meetings, I'll listen to your ranting and raving all night long but you so much as try to kiss me and you're on your own."

"I don't think I've met her yet."

"You will, soon. We catch up at meetings and every few months we go for a meal, she knows about you of course."

"Oh, so you've been talking behind my back," Evie slapped her hand.

"Only good stuff," she reassured her.

Stella drew a hand up Evie's spine and the younger woman shivered.

"Now you tell me something, especially after what I've just told you. How do you feel about me living with two other women? Be honest."

Evie shifted forward and then turned around to face her. Stella's eyes moved slightly as Evie leaned over to give her a look down her blouse.

"Honestly?" Evie stared at her, "my gut reaction was negative but I've met enough AA members over the years to know that you have to take it one day at a time. I couldn't blame you if you fell into bed with some woman, I'd be hurt and it would kill what we have but I decided to just trust you and see what happened next. This isn't just new ground for you, it's totally new territory for me as well, this is the first serious relationship I've ever had. I might be doing it all wrong for all I know but I'm not going to sit there pulling petals of a flower trying to work out if you love me or love me not. Life's too short for that," she leaned closer and brushed her lips across her cheek.

"Does that answer your question? Or should I go down on you as well?"

"You can if you want," Stella swallowed, "but it's not necessary, there isn't a day goes by that I don't thank my higher power for bringing you into my life," she drew a finger up the front of Evie's blouse.

"Next weekend I'll introduce you to Janine."

"Dinner?"

"No we'll just drop in, she's been on at me to come for a coffee anyway."

Evie kissed her again and shifted forward.

"It's a date," she grinned, "and now that we've had dinner, it's time for dessert."

"What's for dessert?" Stella smiled crookedly as Evie reached out and undid Stella's tie.

"You are of course," Evie let the tie ends fall free, "and Diane is working a double shift so we don't have to emigrate to the bedroom."

Stella sighed as Evie undid a couple of buttons and as her soft lips descended on her throat she just let herself go.

The rewards of staying sober.

***

"Well here we are," Linda said later that night as she pulled into Caroline's driveway.

"Yeah, home again," Caroline replied, "I'd invite you in for a coffee but I've had so much tonight that if I have another cup I'll be pissing caffeine," she glanced at her.

"Speaking of that, do you need to?"

"It might be an idea," she replied, "I've still got to get back to my joint without pulling into a servo for a piss."

"You first," Caroline opened the door.

As Linda followed her inside she had a moment of déjà vu. She'd taken offers like this before from men and fallen into bed with them.

Could I do it? Linda mused as she sat on the toilet seat a few minutes later, with her?

The answer came back almost straight away as she emptied her bladder. She could do it with a woman thanks to years of counselling women in similar situations. Sex was an act between two consenting adults, more or less once you ignored threesomes. It was an urge to connect with another human being, to feel less alone and more wanted. Having sex with your own kind didn't necessarily make you gay either. And yet she had no overpowering desire for sex tonight. They'd gone out to a meeting followed by pizza with some other members and then she'd driven Caroline home.

Company is what I need more of, she mused as she exited the toilet some time later. Caroline brushed past her as she stepped into the toilet. I don't need a lover, she let the song play in her mind, but I need a friend.

She was roused from her reverie a few minutes later when Caroline emerged from the bathroom to find her perched on the couch.

"That's better out than in," Caroline smiled crookedly, "you sure you're all right to drive?"

"Yeah, I should be going," she rose and stretched, "but it's been a good night. We should do this again soon."

"Well I'm going to help you move."

"Yeah, I know but I meant," she paused, "go out somewhere."

"Another meeting?"

"A date," Linda turned towards her and folded her arms, "dinner, a movie, coffee, bowling, or whatever else you fancy."

"Sure," Caroline smiled crookedly.

"Unless it's going to mess with your head."

"It might but it's my head not yours, we both know the rules. It's not like we've been around for five minutes."

Linda took a step forward and leaning over, brushed her lips across her mouth.

"One day at a time, no promises, no stupid fantasies."

"Easy does it," Caroline reached out and touched her elbow.

Linda glanced down briefly at the touch and then she took a half step forward and kissed her again, pushing harder against her. It had a touch of tenderness about it without going too far. Caroline's eyes shifted slightly as she took a step back.

"Let's sleep on it, alone."

"I can do that," Linda nodded, "did I go too far?"

"No, it's cool," Caroline kissed her briefly, "easy does it but do it."

Linda found the door knob behind her and turned it, Caroline was still standing there and then Linda opened the door and stepping forward, tilted her head and kissed her on the lips again. Caroline opened her mouth slightly and tugged at her lip. They parted briefly and Linda looked down as the other woman took her by the hand as if she was going to lead her somewhere. They stared into each other's eyes again, each wanting the other to say something to break the spell but Linda said nothing and then she kissed her once more, pressing her lips hard against her, trying to find some way of extricating herself.

"I really have to go home."

"I know and I have to get to bed," Caroline released her hand but then put her hands on Linda's hips and kissed her on the cheek. Linda let go of the door knob and then stepped back, closing the door with a light click. She slid her hands up Caroline's arms to her shoulders as the other woman moved from her cheek to her lips. She felt the softness flowing through her like liquid silk and the all too familiar signs of arousal. She hadn't felt like this in how long?

It seemed an eternity since she'd been kissed like this, it wasn't as if Caroline was trying to disrobe her or even touch her breasts or pussy, she was just kissing her. It brought back memories from years ago, before she picked up her first drink and she was still in high school. Back then kissing was about all she could manage at home. She let the feeling take her as they kissed again, soft angel kisses that set her pulse racing and made her feel giddy with emotion. She locked her hands around Caroline's neck and held her there as she kissed her again and again, but eventually it was Caroline who broke the spell when she pulled back.

"I wasn't expecting that," Caroline said.

"You and me both," Linda fiddled with the collar of Caroline's blouse, "if I wasn't so fucking tired," she left the sentence unfinished.

"Are you all right to drive home?"

"I can make it home and I am going home but I'm not going anywhere," she drew her fingers under Caroline's collar, "you need to know more about me, I'm messy, disorganised and I worry about things that will probably never happen."

"I clean when I'm worried," Caroline squeezed her waist.

"Come around tomorrow and you can clean all you want," Linda replied.

"Okay," Caroline kissed her gently, "I'll come around tomorrow, but text me when you get home so I know you made it home."