Delicate Touches Pt. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Now that's something I haven't heard in a while."

"Your ex didn't worry about you?"

"No, I was very independent, he never saw the need."

"Are you?"

"Most of the time because I have to be but it's nice to have someone worry about me."

"I could sleep on the couch and give you the bed."

"We both know that wouldn't last five minutes," Linda smiled crookedly, "but tomorrow is another day and on that note," she moved forward and kissed her again.

"I have to go."

Caroline let her go because it seemed the right thing to do but as she drove away, she felt a slight pang in the pit of her stomach. Could this really be the start of something or was she just letting her fantasies run away with her?

Easy does it but do it, she leaned against the door, easy does it.

***

Linda's marriage to Gary had been a whirlwind affair during a period when she'd cut right back on her AA meetings and sooner or later the allure of the pub had drawn her back. She'd gone to a pub on the other side of town with every intention of having a drink where none of her friends could see her and instead run into Gary. He was a drug and alcohol counsellor and although he drank he was one of those annoying social drinkers. He'd only become a counsellor after seeing his father drink himself into an early grave. The two of them got talking, she confessed she'd been sober for a few years but perhaps she'd made a mistake, he suggested they go some place else. They ended up at a place he was sharing with a mate and the rest was history.

She'd found Gary to be a caring, considerate guy at first but three years down the track she had come to realise that Gary was the archetypal angel of mercy. He doted on his clients and whilst he kept everything above board at work, outside of work he found women who needed rescuing and because he was a good listener, with no small amount of intuition, he was able to attract women fairly easily. She didn't know when the cheating had started because he had a disarmingly bedside manner. There were women she thought he might have slept with but she'd later found out from the sources themselves that whilst he'd certainly offered 'other services' they'd declined because they weren't into cheating.

In time however he had found a mistress, yet another woman who needed rescuing and slowly but surely Linda began to see the error of her ways. There was an old proverb, physician heal thyself and her method of healing involved getting back to AA meetings because by that stage she knew if she didn't do something she'd pick up a drink just to silence the voices.

Caroline understood the struggle between needing to go to meetings and the real world issues. It was difficult to get out and find someone when most social gatherings involved booze. Pubs were out of the question although she'd certainly been to birthday parties in pubs, parties were another option but instead she'd opted to fill her life with other things. She'd done a ceramics course, an acting course, dancing classes, leatherwork, dressmaking, got herself tattoos and finally she'd had sex with an escort girl.

"Just to try it on for size," she grinned.

Along the way however she had discovered the things she liked and the things she didn't like. She loved horse riding, ceramics and dressmaking, but by far the most important and surprising thing she'd uncovered was her sexual orientation.

"So you had your first sexual encounter with a prostitute," Linda dumped another pile of clothes on the bed.

"I thought that was the safest way for me," Caroline replied, "no messy emotional entanglements, just pay the money and get naked."

"Huh," Linda glanced up as she heard Mei Lin's giggling in the other room, she was in there with Nicki taking Gary's things out of the spare room. They'd been there for the last two hours and in that time had managed to get most of it into the garden shed, the only thing that she'd put aside was a box of bullets. He'd once owned a rifle but the bullets must have been left behind, a quick call to Stella had seen her calling Diane and she'd promised to come around and collect them.

"You're not suggesting I do the same thing?"

"No I'm not," Caroline picked up a frilled blouse, "it was just the way I did it, this is pretty."

"Yeah it is, it was the first one he bought me and it did fit, kind of although it was tight around my wrists," she eyed it for a moment and then glanced at the other clothes he'd bought her.

"There must be a thousand dollars worth of clothes there at least, if not more. I couldn't believe he'd done it, he must have been sitting there all weekend while I was at the Gold Coast with mum clicking the fucking mouse."

She stopped talking as Nicki and Mei Lin came into the room, Nicki had magazines in her hand and she held one up for Linda.

"Guess what we found buried in his golf bag?"

Linda stared at the front cover, it had a picture of two naked men staring at each other.

"Fuck me," Linda moved past Caroline, "how long has he been into gay porn?"

"Since January 2017," Nicki nodded at the cover, "it's the happy new year edition," she opened it up to the centrefold and then winced.

"Nope, I'm still gay," she grinned.

"Do they actually grow that big?" Mei Lin stared at the centrefold.

"They do," Caroline smiled crookedly, "but I'll let you into a secret, size doesn't matter and guys who are hung like a horse can't stay hard for too long anyway."

"One of my dildos is about that size," Nicki grinned and closed the magazine, "well that's enough filth for one day, are those the clothes he bought you?"

"Yep," Linda glanced at them and then at Mei Lin, "the blouses and tops should fit you though, you're about the same bust as me but you're not as broad," she picked up the frilled blouse.

"Go on, try it on."

"Now?" Mei Lin looked at it.

"Yeah, now," Linda nodded, "and while you're doing that I'll go get the old suitcase, it should be in the shed last time I think."

"There's a blue one in there, it's at the back of his shit though."

"Well come on," Linda nodded, "let's leave Mei Lin to get changed in peace."

They exited the bedroom a minute or so later leaving Mei Lin with the pile of clothes and Linda was right she decided a little while later as she finished buttoning another blouse. It was a pale blue with a pussybow tie and deep cuffs. Another was purple with silver metallic spots, in fact many of them were pussybow blouses or tie blouses.

Linda came back into the bedroom some fifteen minutes later to find Mei Lin wearing the frilled one she'd shown her earlier. The bodice of the white blouse was covered in ruffles and had a satin backing, the sleeves however were chiffon, the deep cuffs had four button closures and the satin material matched the satin collar.

"Now that looks better on you than me," Linda plucked at the puffy shoulders, "it was one of the few that actually fitted me."

"I might wear it on this date."

"Your balloon flight, huh?" Linda looked doubtful, "be cold up there," she moved over to the wardrobe and flicked through the clothes until she reached a pale blue cardigan.

"Try this on," she handed it to her a moment later.

"I couldn't," Mei Lin slipped her hands through the sleeves.

"You could," Linda replied, "it's my cardigan and if I want to donate it to a worthy cause for a day or even give it away I bloody well will," she folded her arms as Mei Lin fastened the first button.

"Yeah, that works," Linda glanced over her shoulder as Caroline entered with Nicki, "what do you think? For her balloon flight on Sunday?"

"Yeah, a pair of pale jeans or black jeans," Caroline nodded.

"That looks hot," Nicki remarked.

"Speaking of hot," Linda stepped around Mei Lin and lifted the tie rack from the rail, "these are the ties I was telling you about."

"Fuck me," Nicki took the rack from her, "um not literally," she fingered a white tie.

"He has got good taste in ties."

"Some are a bit gaudy," Caroline murmured, "the Disney ones."

"Oh I don't know, I quite liked Taz," she held up the Tasmanian Devil tie, "I'd wear it and you're sure he doesn't want them?"

"Fucked if I know but anything here is fair game, I told him that when he grabbed his clothes, I'm not storing your clothes in my wardrobe and I pointed the ties out to him along with those white shirts. He took a couple of dozen white shirts away with him and left six hanging there, he's the king of random all right."

"Thank you," Mei Lin looked up, "for the clothes."

"You're welcome, honey," Linda patted her shoulder, "okay, what else is left in the spare room?"

"Just the golf sticks and the posters on the wall."

Linda could picture one of the posters. It was a signed poster of Taylor Adams, the midfielder for the Collingwood Football club that had hung in a frame in the living room until she banished it to the spare room and in a fit of anger she almost considered burning his treasured poster.

"Well let's get rid of the rest, bag the clothes you don't want," she left the room and headed into the spare room.

So her ex husband had a thing for gay porn? It made sense now, his ability to charm women with ease was now laid bare, as was his current girlfriend. Did she know of this or was she oblivious to the fact that her new boyfriend was into men as well?

"So, you didn't know," Caroline spoke from the doorway.

"No," she ran a hand through her hair, "I had no idea, he was always the sensitive type, which is why it took so long to finally pull the pin. He's always been able to charm women, if I had a dollar for every time a woman has told me what a lovely man he is I could retire."

"And yet he's moving in with another woman."

"Yep, and if I know Gary, he's just going to repeat the same thing all over again."

"It's no longer your problem," Caroline folded her arms, "take the posters down and let's get them into the shed."

"I should burn that fucking poster."

"You could," Caroline came up behind her and put her arms around her neck, "it would feel good but we have to stay away from resentments, let it go. He's out of your life and pretty soon you'll be in a new place and you don't have to see him again. As for your rival, that's a row only she can hoe, if she's smart she'll see the light but if not it's not up to you to do anything."

She let her go and stepped around her to the golf caddy, Linda grabbed the waistband of her jeans and Caroline stopped and turned around as Linda took a step towards her.

"This is new for me."

"You and me both," Caroline put her hands on Linda's waist, "I used to think I was just a screwed up sober alkie who couldn't keep a man but now I know I'm just a gay woman who was trying to be straight. I am what I am. I like women not men," she slid her hands under the angora jumper Linda was wearing over a patterned blouse.

Linda leaned over and kissed her on the lips.

"You're staying for dinner, we could do a meeting afterwards."

"We did one last night but if you want to go again, sure."

A cough interrupted them and Linda glanced around to find Mei Lin standing in the doorway, the younger woman nudged her glasses.

"Sorry, I um," she took a step back, "I'll leave you two in peace."

"No you won't," Linda leaned into Caroline as the other woman slipped her arms around her waist.

"Are you two?" Mei Lin trailed away, "are you two, together?"

"It's early days," Linda replied, "we're good friends and maybe more."

"I know what you mean," Mei Lin looked past her, "with Stevie that is, I'm just not too sure about the next step."

"Uh huh," Linda's eyes widened, "and you want some older woman advice?"

"Yeah, I mean if you're busy right now that's cool."

"Of course I don't mind," Linda patted Caroline's hands, "let's get the rest of this shit into the shed and then we'll sit down for a chat."

***

The following day, Saturday.

The last time Nicki had been at a Lesbomania gig it had been a good nine months ago and back then the crowd had been somewhat louder and cruder. Mia was the centre of attention and it seemed to be the norm for her. She gyrated and pouted in front of nearly a hundred women, her sexuality only more potent because that night she announced that she was now just a curious girl. The crowd cheered and whistled at that.

Nicki smiled too but she was also keeping an eye on the crowd as she circulated around the crowd milling around and inside the marquee set up near the stage. It was a mixed crowd of gay and straight, with a smattering of bisexuals amongst them, all in their late teens or early twenties and all were out for a good time in keeping with the traditional Aussie proverb, here for a good time not a long time.

Nicki fiddled with the knot of her tie, she'd chosen the white one simply because she'd never worn a white tie and Mei Lin had made her adjustments as well. There was something deeply hypnotic and almost erotic in her wardrobe adjustments, she took time to adjust a collar or a tie almost as if she relished the contact.

"You look nice," she told her, "white suits you."

"I'd wear a white jacket if I had one but I've got to ride the bike out there anyway."

"If I had one that fitted you I'd let you wear it," she stepped back, "be careful out there."

"I will," Nicki replied, "but they've got private security out there, it'll be fine."

Nicki came to as she looked around the backyard. Despite her reassurances, there had been a couple of minor incidents at the front gate when local guys had tried to gain entry to the property only to be turned away. One guy however was allowed entry because the birthday girl had vouched for him, but Nicki had her doubts as he cavorted with the dancers. He looked stoned, that much was evident by his glassy eyes.

Nicki turned her attention to the stage again. Mia was singing an old AC/DC song, Thunderstruck. Her stage gear had been modified since the last time Nicki had seen her on stage. Now it was far more provocative, gone were the tight tee shirts and jeans to be replaced with a schoolgirl uniform but with a difference. The short flared skirt was leather and adorned with buckles, the leather theme was continued with the leather tie over a white blouse with puffy shoulders and sleeves. The white leather boots that went past her knees and a white beret completed the ensemble.

Her outfit was a stark contrast to the tee shirts, jeans or mini skirts worn by the rest of the band, only Stevie had made something of an effort to match Mia with a white shirt and black leather trousers. Nicki's eyes shifted as the guy who'd been admitted earlier suddenly launched himself at the stage, heading straight for Mia. She side stepped him effortlessly and he tripped over a speaker and landed on his face. The music faded as someone yelled out.

"Get that bloody idiot off the stage."

Nicki moved swiftly, weaving through the crowd until she reached the stage where two guys had hauled him off. He was swearing at them and struggling to break free. Nicki grabbed him by the arm and stepping behind him, took hold of his belt and hauled upwards, jerking him off his feet. She found the birthday girl's father moments later and he nodded at the side of the house.

"Get him out of here," he looked at his daughter, "unless you'd rather?"

She shrugged and sipped her drink.

"This way, mate," Nicki started walking him forward but just as she passed the stage he jerked his head backwards. She saw it at the last moment and put her head down so that his head brushed past hers, she felt a slight nip and then she yanked his arm around and twisted it up behind his back as she kept marching and as she reached the side of the house the band started playing again.

"Well that was an interesting interlude," Mia was saying, "let's do that again just without trying to grab the singer or anyone else on stage."

Nicki spent some time out at the front gate talking to the security guards, all were Maoris or South Sea Islanders and only one was a woman, Nina from Wellington. She'd been brought in to make it look less intimidating to the guests and she was the only one who noticed the cut on Nicki's forehead.

"You need to get some ice on that," she touched it, "is it sore?"

"Kind of numb," Nicki admitted, "but I'm tough enough, I felt something scratch me, he must have been wearing a stud."

Mia greeted her when she returned, the band was taking a fifteen minute break and she also noticed the cut.

"Ouch," she took a block of ice from a nearby bucket, "that looks nasty."

"It's not deep is it?"

"No, you're not scarred for life," she held the ice cube against it, "it's just a scratch," her eyes shifted as she took in Stevie talking to the birthday girl.

"Can you do me a favour tonight?"

"Sure, what is it?"

"Give me a lift home tonight, Ruby can take my car back to her joint in Lysterfield but I want to have a few drinks tonight so I don't want to risk being over the limit and running into a booze bus," she smiled.

"And I'm not drinking tonight because I'm on duty," Nicki smiled crookedly.

"I'll make it worth your while," she replied, "I've got a full bottle of Southern at my joint, and some Coke too, you can crash at my joint. I've got a spare bed, the couch or maybe we'll find some other place to put you."

"Southern Comfort is my favourite leg opener," Nicki replied, "sorry, I had to say it."

"Mine too," Mia returned the smile, "do you want a bandaid for that?"

"I should be fine," Nicki touched it.

"Don't touch it," Mia pushed her hand away, "wait here while I find a first aid kit."

While she was waiting for Mia to return Stevie approached her.

"You all right?"

"Just a flesh wound," she grinned, "I've been told not to touch it."

"She likes you," Stevie turned to face the house, "she told me last night on the way home."

"In what way?"

"She's not lying when she says she's curious."

Nicki stared at her and Stevie winked.

"Just keep it between us, okay?"

"Okay."

Mia returned a minute or two later with a bandaid and a cleansing sachet.

"Here," Mia tore the sachet open, "put that on and we'll rebuild you again."

"Faster, stronger," Stevie winked.

***

Linda put the phone down and stared out the window as Caroline moved forward to pick up her coffee. The conversation between Gary and herself had been short and sharp when she informed him that not only was she not taking over the lease, she was moving out the next week. It meant they'd both lose the bond and that did strike a raw nerve in Gary. His normal easygoing nature evaporated when it came to losing half the bond and they'd already acknowledged they wouldn't get it all back.

"How can you do this to me?"

"Excuse me?" Linda raised an eyebrow, "how fucking dare you fuck some slag behind my back and then get all hot under the collar when I decide to just move out. I'm losing money too by the way, but at least we're not sitting down with lawyers trying to work out a fucking settlement. Your shit is in the shed and the furniture is going to the bloody Salvos or Saint Vinnys. Oh I found your gay porn by the way, since when have you been into men?"

There was a sharp intake of breath at that.

"You were raking through my stuff?"

"Yeah, your ties went to a friend along with the shirts that you left behind. You can take me to court if you want but you and I both know it's not worth the legal costs."

"The clothes I don't care about but the bond is the issue."

"It's money, I can't and won't sit here on my own just so we can get a few hundred bucks back, I've been sitting here on my own for too long chewing it over and before you accuse me, I'm stone cold sober and have no intention of drinking tonight but if I sit here too long I might pick up a drink. So, your shit is in the shed, this is the last conversation we're going to have. I wish you all the best with your new girlfriend or boyfriend," she hung up and flung the phone down onto the table.