All Comments on 'Demonic Worship'

by ALEQ

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I really enjoyed this - but also would suggest a tweak.

Firstly, I want to give you mega props for including descriptions of women's public hair and the naturally hairy state of women. In a world where there's so much pressure on women to be shaven, sexy writing like yours is important and meaningful. Bravo!

The second thing I want to mention is a frustration with part of your arrangement of the story. I really feel that if you'd told the story linearly, with the mention the May Day celebration leading the story it would have been a more engrossing read. This is because you are excellent at conjuring a dreamlike atmosphere in your prose, your descriptions of the music and Alma's desires were really lovely - you didn't need the clunky 'or was it a dream' opening, or any of the "what the fuck" interruptions which kept disrupting that really dreamy immersive feeling that you were creating in your other sentences. (I hope this comment makes sense, I'm trying to say that you should keep attention on the parts where your writing shines!)

Lastly, I just really enjoyed this short, sexy, atmospheric story. I gave it 4 stars =)

woodsguywoodsguyover 2 years ago

I am Cynthia, sister of woodsguy. I wish the demon would come to me.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous