All Comments on 'Demoted'

by Salamando_Flames

Sort by:
  • 23 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

I enjoyed this little glimmer of hope in your universe. Someone that is empathetic to men and will not abuse sex magic seems rare.

Salamando_FlamesSalamando_Flamesover 8 years agoAuthor

It's actually common enough. There are plenty of good elements in the SMW, even whole Queendoms filled with women who go out of their way to police one another and protect and value their men or allow men safe regions to live where using Sex Magic on them is outright illegal.

I just tend to focus on the sadistic aspects and areas of the universe, because that's what gives me a raging boner.

GigglingGoblinGigglingGoblinover 8 years ago
Refreshing Change of Pace

I enjoyed this story. It's nice to have the occasional reprieve from the usual bitterness.

That said, I'm a little bit surprised that chemical castrations aren't becoming more common. I would think the vast majority of men would seek one out rather than give up their free will. I mean, I'm no expert, obviously, but it seems to me to be the most desirable course of action.

Salamando_FlamesSalamando_Flamesover 8 years agoAuthor
@GG

I think you vastly overestimate the average man's casual disregard of his genitals. Having functioning genitals would in fact be the best way to survive in this new society.

Besides, no form of castration would work, anyway. Sex Magic could easily undo it. So all the man would do in the process is waste his time and money. In fact, seeing his desperate escape attempt would probably just provoke the evil bitches to fuck with him even more.

GigglingGoblinGigglingGoblinover 8 years ago

Well, it's your world. I didn't know that sex magic could actually physically reconstruct tissue—that might be something to mention in a story, assuming I didn't just miss it. It's very different from the other things it accomplishes.

I would think anyone would value free will over being able to have sex (especially people who already had low sex drives, like asexuals), but different world, different cultural values.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I'm wondering, how does your sex magic work with transgender people? Does it judge 'man' and 'woman' by soul? Genetics (although that's got some wicked blurred lines)? Hormones? (would someone with a double high endocrine system be both vulnerable to control and capable of controlling?) Genitals?

I'm a trans woman with a bit of a dominant streak (and a tendancy to overthink my porn) , and the thought of having complete control over a man's sex... hoo boy. Yeah.

Salamando_FlamesSalamando_Flamesabout 8 years agoAuthor
@Anon - Trans question

Well, in my "official" setting, whatever you're born as determines whether you get the magic or are controlled by it So, if you were born with a penis, you're effected by the magic and don't gain it, even if you transition into a woman, even if Sex Magic is used to magically turn you into one.

Likewise, in reverse, a Sex Mage turning into a man retains "her" power.

On that note, hermaphrodites are effected by the power, and don't gain it.

Of course, if you wanted to do your own Sex Mage story where it would work differently, feel free. ;)

Salamando_FlamesSalamando_Flamesalmost 8 years agoAuthor
@Anon

Millions of people *did* commit suicide in the setting, men *and* women. Others went on murder sprees. Quasi-religious wars, mass rioting, and revolutions broke out over the whole globe that contributed to yet more death and destruction. In one version of the timeline, a group of terrorists eventually summon a Dark God to swallow the Earth just to try and get rid of the magic. Its not like *all* men just threw up their hands, presented their assholes for filling, and went with it. But the hardcore resisters and give-ups weeded themselves out pretty damn quick.

I find such things don't make my dick hard, though, so I don't usually write about them other than through cursory mentions here or there.

SchnepfeSchnepfeover 7 years ago
I like the point of view

I really like the point of view of the characters, their unusual mindset - he being quite confident and not just another "victim". And she being sensitive and maybe even really a bit caring. Is there a continuation of this story (actual or planned) or other stories within your universe with a similar point of view? I read quite a few, but this one seems to be quite unique in that regard or am i wrong? LIKE IT!

I'd really like to know any similar story!

Salamando_FlamesSalamando_Flamesover 7 years agoAuthor
@Schnepfe

Some of these are here on Lit, but others are only on my blog. The following stories generally deal more with "nicer" women and some degree of hope in the Sex Mage World:

Amy's Trepidation

Nikki's Struggle

Resisting

Racing

The Instant Messenger Story

Hope

Saisho no San (ebook exclusive)

The First Megami

No continuations are planned.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago

Would love to see another chapter or two of this story

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
No doubt I would choose death

I really enjoy reading pretty horrid stories of domination and such, but here I don't really see any reason for any man old enough to know how it was before to endure life for long. You need to never have known freedom to really accept the absence of hope.

Men are not even third or fourth class citizens in this world, women in history have never been close to this kind of powerlessness. And if we knew one thing about male suicide it's when they see no improved future.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
Great Series of stories

Love your stories, I would love to see the story line progress and see how men adapt of don't adapt and the consequences to society. (like how society or just men start to fall apart)!!!

spankfunforspankfunforover 4 years ago
Love The Premise!

Other Than Less Money, Being The Company Coffee Boy and Office Cum Slut and Whore Sounds Like Fun Fun Fun!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
I hope he blew his brains out. I shure would.

This world needs a serious nuclear war, just turn it all to glass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It is an interesting premise, and you do seem to be exploring a number of the subtler aspects of it, but it does fall into a category of such hopeless abject slavery that you would have to assume the slaves would revolt in such a way as to end society. As the saying goes, you never hear the bullet that takes you, technology exists that would essentially negate magic so long as it was used before it could be countered.

I haven't read them all, but it seems like the obvious way to balance out the darker elements of the story would be to have the male and female character actually care for/desire one another, like the one with the father, daughter, and niece. If men had acted toward women the way most of the women in this setting act toward men, our species would have been over pretty quickly.

It also seems unlikely that any existing company would have survived that event. You can't lose that much knowledge and talent from the workforce that suddenly without a collapse.

Salamando_FlamesSalamando_Flamesover 2 years agoAuthor

It's a pretty bleak setting, yeah. There are aspects to the world that I didn't get into here that somewhat mitigate total societal collapse, but it takes a huge bat to the global economy, among other things.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This is really interesting.

I haven't read all your stories within the Sex Magic universe, but from what I can

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I'm very surprised there isn't a big eunuch faction bent on restoring order in the new world. I get that this is a smut fiction made for sexual fantasy, but eunuch rebels seems like the most natural consequence of the setting. I would certainly castrate myself, no reason to risk getting in range of a psychopathic woman who can torture hundreds of men, anonymously, in a radius of dozens of miles. If you live in a big enough city, it's statistically guaranteed that you live near a mentally unstable woman.

Even if you ignore all the woman with mental illnesses, malice and personal interests, all of them can make mistakes. Traumatic mistakes, ones that can ruin a men's life.

So yeah, castration. I don't know if it would work, I haven't read all of your stories in this setting, but I sure as hell would try and I'm not the only one. I remember reading somewhere that Sex Magic can restore tissue and it's commonly used in hospitals, but I still think it's possible to prevent the penis from being restored if you get a bit creative. For example, what would happen if someone implanted a metal plate after castration? How would the penis and testicles regrow? Would sex magic still affect them?

Anyways, great stories, 5 stars.

jjrap3jjrap3over 2 years ago

I'm very surprised there isn't a big eunuch faction bent on restoring order in the new world. I get that this is a smut fiction made for sexual fantasy, but eunuch rebels seems like the most natural consequence of the setting. I would certainly castrate myself, no reason to risk getting in range of a psychopathic woman who can torture hundreds of men, anonymously, in a radius of dozens of miles. If you live in a big enough city, it's statistically guaranteed that you live near a mentally unstable woman.

Even if you ignore all the woman with mental illnesses, malice and personal interests, all of them can make mistakes. Traumatic mistakes, ones that can ruin a men's life.

So yeah, castration. I don't know if it would work, I haven't read all of your stories in this setting, but I sure as hell would try and I'm not the only one. I remember reading somewhere that Sex Magic can restore tissue and it's commonly used in hospitals, but I still think it's possible to prevent the penis from being restored if you get a bit creative. For example, what would happen if someone implanted a metal plate after castration? How would the penis and testicles regrow? Would sex magic still affect them?

Anyways, great stories, 5 stars.

Salamando_FlamesSalamando_Flamesover 2 years agoAuthor

People bring the castration thing up all the time. You caught me in a chatty moment, so I'll give the full ramble.

Short version:

Cutting your junk off does nothing. Sex Magic has healing properties, including regeneration of lost genitals.

Long version: Sex Magic is very specifically designed to have no loopholes exploitable by mundane or scientific means. Whatever method you try to come up with, Sex Magic compensates for as a natural part of it's function; it's adaptive to attempts to shortcut it. Being gay, chemical castration, physical castration, changing your gender or physical sex (which the Magic itself can facilitate total body transformation), does nothing to change it's effectiveness. You get yourself turned into a girl, you don't get the Magic and you're still affected by it.

Moreover there is more to your sexual being than your penis, so even without your genitals, there's still things in your brain that react sexually, and that's all that's needed. You chop your dick off, the Magic just regrows it. Cut it off and sodder a plate on there? They'll just rip the plate off and repair you. Worse comes to worse, you'll get the Flesh-Warper types who will reconfigure the penis into some other shape imbedded along your body that, if you try to cut it off, you'll have to basically gut yourself. Now, most Sex Mages aren't that powerful, or would know how to do that, but when every woman around has the magic, at least one woman, or group of women getting together, will be able to pull it off.

And don't get me wrong; things got BAD in the early years. By canon, things got really, REALLY bad. But the stories don't really touch on that aspect, because that's not what I want to wallow in with these stories. Suffice to say though, that after everyone who was going to killed themselves and committed the mass murders and revolutions, the people who were left eventually just got on with things. So most of the men you see still around by that point are the men who didn't off themselves or get themselves killed, or in some cases, might be the men who tried and failed at it.

The entire conceit of the setting is that the Magic cannot be beaten by normal human means. You want to fully escape Sex Magic? You have to kill yourself, and do it before a Mage stops you and implants an "Anti-Suicide" condition in you.

You might be able to kill a specific Mage if you're sneaky about it, but depending who you're targeting and when, you might not manage it. Good luck even if you're staring at her through the scope of a sniper rifle, because even at that distance focusing on her body intently is enough to spark awareness in some of them. And even if it doesn't, if you try to snipe her while she's charged up with Lust Energy, very good chance the bullet doesn't manage to kill her, or do any significant damage at all if she's really charged up. You want to absolutely get the job done when you don't know whether she's fully charged up or not? Use a high-powered bomb at point-blank range (good luck with the delivery) and don't care about who else dies in the blast.

Thing about all that, though? Sex Magic is not particularly effective against other, more expansive forms of SUPERNATURAL power. You stick a Harry Potter mage in the Sex Mage World, they can wreck train pretty handily if they can put up a magic shield; Sex Magic shields won't do anything against Death Curse's either (barring the Megami, but they're weird exceptions). Turn someone into a werewolf or vampire? Sex Magic won't even touch them. In one continuity, Mad Science devices from another dimension, shaped like simple jewelry, were very easily able to create simple, but impenetrable shields against Sex Magic; just pop a blocking ring on your finger, and even Archmage Spells can't touch you.

I've gone back and forth on whether or not the Sex Mage World setting actually has other magic going on; some stories reference it, most others don't, so what follows is largely non-canon. But in at least one timeline, the biggest anti-Sex Magic factions are various Cults attempting to court other supernatural powers to arm themselves for a grand revolution against the Sex Mage run world. One Cult in particular succeeds, following a Dark God that grants them powerful alien magics. Immunity to the Magic, dangerous spells of their own, and the specially chosen elites of the Cultist are granted enough power to throw down with the Megami, who are basically the world's "Superman" Sex Mage equivalents. Unfortunately, or fortunately depending on who you ask, that timeline is doomed to see the world stolen by said Dark God, and all remnant humanity transformed into Its monstrous followers. Sounds pretty bad, but hey, at least you're not the office bitch anymore.

Salamando_FlamesSalamando_Flamesover 2 years agoAuthor

@jjrap3 - Comic booky super magic worldbuilding rant aside, glad you still enjoy the stories, despite the dark implications! Thanks for the comment.

jjrap3jjrap3over 2 years ago

Sorry for the double comment, I accidently the whole thing up.

Anyways, thanks for the reply! I forgot to express it properly in my original comment, but I really like your stories, I've been binge reading them for a week now. They are exactly the type of kink that gets me going. My favorite one was the Feel Girl, so far.

Thank you for making a few things clear. While I still have a few ideas on how to rebel against Sex Magic using only mundane and scientific methods, they are all basically unfeasible. They would require significant resources and prior knowledge.

Minimize interactions with woman as much as possible, using indirect anonymous methods like leaving messages, contact with voice-altering software or using a third party. Things like setting up bombs that activate with a dead man's switch, like not receiving a specific message with difficult changing patterns after a set amount of time. Use encrypted messages that depend on layers of knowledge to decrypt, so that even if a formula key was mind-read, the woman would still need high mathematical knowledge to make use of it. Convincing or blackmailing woman so they can be used as a third party contact for information gathering, trade and execution of orders. If it isn't possible to set up a good enough A.I to pilot attack drones, have woman agents pilot them. Use traps and mines to assassinate key targets. Set up the rebels divided in need-to-know specialties, organizing missions that depend of different groups not aware of each other, so the mission has less chance of failure by mind-reading opposition. Preferably if most of them do not even know they are rebels. Eventually get access to nukes and negotiate Sex Magic laws and abuse of men with the government using mutually assured destruction as a bargaining chip.

But for any of this to be possible, only a comic book level intelligent character with mountains of money would be able to do it, like Lex Luthor or something.

I'm rambling now, sorry. I like to emulate possible solutions to bleak settings like this one, but that does not mean that I don't enjoy them. Quite the contrary. Thank you for your works!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous