All Comments on 'Desperate Measures Ch. 01'

by jack_straw

Sort by:
  • 26 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
great story

Really a very good story. Great writing Jack.

Harryin VAHarryin VAover 17 years ago
with holding comment at this point BUT so far

I will with hold comment at this point until it is all done with b/c clearly then BIG conflict is coming ip in Chapter 2...

Some of Mr Straw's early storiws I am NOT a fan of.. not at all. But his last several stories have gotten a LOT better and he is rapidly moving up my list of favorite authors here.

That being said the BIG mistake the wife made was NOT putting her husband ina special care facility. Of course IF she had done that there would be No story . If she had done so early enough she would NOT be in huge crushing debt and the govt would take care of most of the expenses.

Also the wife's friend... the one who had a kid at the age of 17 and was a a High school drop out... Um... what sort of social worker says to a 17 year girl why dont you try woking at an escort service... ?

that was just silly.

Lastly in the Literotica story cited "WORKING GIRL" keep in mind the Hubby DID regain some of his senses and body functions.

But these are Just MINOR points and I hope I dont seem too overly critical at this point

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well written, but damn it's sad!

I am curious to see how it ends.

Regards, DJ

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Couple of FYI's

1. The rate you quote is low. More like $300 an hour. Most escorts do an hour (which is 50 minutes). They then go to 2 hours but when you go to 4, you're talking more money.

2. Escorts don't talk money. They don't talk money in public because that's how they get arrested. Standard operating procedure is the guy puts the money in an envelope and leaves it on a table or on the bathroom counter before anything happens.

3. Escorts screen. If they work for an agency, the agency screens. If they're independent, they check references and stuff. Escorts are not street walkers. When they go to a guy's hotel, it's "out-call". When they have a place, it's "in-call." If they work for an agency, she'll check in with them when she arrives. She'll check your ID. They're trying to be safe.

4. An escort who wears a wedding ring? Uh-uh.

5. I know these are stories but if you're writing about an escort, you might want to include condoms. 100% all the time required, often even in blow jobs.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
this woman a is jewel

sad story and hate it for that purpose,but that is life.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
SAD

One of the best stories I've read in some time. The only thig I dn't like is the heartbreaking theme of the story with no happy ending in sight. Fine writing though. 60 year old George

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I would rather have died

I would rather have died than survived and found out my wife had turned to this. Better she divorce me and marry someone who could provide for her. After this she is changed, and will always be a whore. I'd rather she just put a bullet in my head and be done with it. If I found out and got better, the bullet would be for her, no, I'd skin her alive, making her scream in agony. If you don't like , fuck you, pray you never meet me. I've lived behind the crosshairs. Black and White, squeeze the trigger.

Tail End PeteTail End Peteover 17 years ago
Repeat?

Liked the story, but didn't I see it along with 1 or 2 additional chapters from another author? Car crash, bills, and husband all looks similar.

Tail End Pete

Blue88Blue88over 17 years ago
Outstanding

Well written, tightly plotted and very, very realistic. I'm anxious to see where you take this. I'm sure that most readers's hearts go out to Kate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
A Story Laid In Controversy

Well Jack - now you have bitten off a challenge of consequence. Someone else might not be able to pull it off to a mixed crowd, but I think you might.

As always well written, but on a subject where opinions are like ping pong balls in the hail.

Your lengthy in depth foundation draws sympathy to a large degree from most, but the stage is fraught with the negatives of the lost hope of normalcy for his mind and body plus her oldest profession of not just 1 but 2 needs. Money of course, but also her sexual needs of a hollow 2 years without.

A considerable mountain for you to challenge.

Also mentioned was something akin subjectwise. This is not a problem as I see that there are really no new subjects - just different and ofttimes better viewpoints depending on the authors skills which you strongly have.

Gutsy Jack - please entertain us.

With Very High Regard (dare I say so far)

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
I suppose,,,

we're suppose to care, or at least follow, what the now "whore" woman does with her life now?,,,

at the rate of $300 to $500 an hour, that's kinda like some of the top pays for top doctors and laywers,,,, she and her disable husband should be --- within a year or two (if she works full time, that is) --- be living in luxuries, no?

of course, assuming a few things happen, too:

1. the fucking is strictly "business" with an endless list of clientel (unlikely, 'cuz competition is too fierce)

2. she doesn't resort to sniffing cocaine, etc. (could easily happen, with people who engage in large amounts of sexual acts with lots of people)

3. they invest the money errr wisely (doubt it, since a hooker's proclivity is quite different from a banker's, a doctor's, a lawyer's, et al.)

4. she doesn't get sick (possible, unless she test every client herself, which is not very efficient; but if she sells herself under some other establishment who have resources to test clients ahead of time, she aint' gonna get $300 to $500 an hour)

5. what else did I leave out?

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Well written, but...

I hate to give this such a low vote, the writing is some of the best on this site. However, although you do name the story you're re-writing "Working Girl" it is the same story! I liked that story, and I remember it very well. I expect more from a writer of your talent

ChagrinedChagrinedover 17 years ago
I have mixed feelings about this one.

I have to give it a 4 because the writing is very good, at least from a technical standpoint. However, I probably won't continue reading this because the subject matter hits a little close to home. I had a family member placed in a situation similar to this. Coming from a long line of alpha males, when the man found out just how they were affording all the medical bills and such, he was faced with the fact that his predicament had caused his wife to become a "whore". It was only an occasional thing. Her intentions were entirely honorable (I suppose) but this was just something Den couldn't live with. He could accept with being less than a man as he called it and he was ready to give her "freedom" as he called it but he couldn't live with his wife being a whore and his condition being the reason behind it. Such is the lot of true Alpha males, I suppose. Upon his finding out, he never spoke to her again. His honor was gone and to his mind so was her's. He committed suicide one night while she was "on a date", leaving a note that freed her of the necessity of hooking and him of the "shame" of having a whore wife and his condition.

After the funeral, the truth came out, of course. Their children were taken to live with his parents rahter than continue to have a whore for a mother. Most of the family never spoke to her again. The right or wrong of this I leave to people to make up their own minds. By that time she was firmly "in the life" where she continues to this day. Again the intentions were good but she made one tremendous mistake: she never asked Den how he felt about it. I see this same thing here.

Now, I know from reading your other submissions this is not the way your story will likely go, but I could be wrong. As I said the writing is good but this is a subject that is going to leave a bad taste in peoples mouths no matter which way you go.

Good technique can't make up for a questionable choice of subject matter. Good luck with it. :-)

Cheers,

C

AnonymousAnonymousover 17 years ago
Good but a few loose ends . . .

Sad story with just a couple of loose ends. Maybe these will be addressed in the next chapter or two. But most disability policies from good corporate jobs pay 2/3 of actual salary. If she got even a basic job the income plus 2/3 of spouse's prior salary should cover payments to the bank for the house, utilities, and food. The medical expenses and debts would probably still be a problem, but she could explore several options. Firstly, she could sue the county (or whatever gov't was responsible for the road and it's maintenance). It is reasonable that the gov't keep a road salted when a storm with snow or sleet is expected, especially in a city or near a major city. Everyone else in this society is suing all the time, why not her? She might win -- a sympathetic jury with a picture of her disabled spouse, her lovely appearance, . . . Secondly, she could ask her relatives for some help with medical bills (after the insurance ran out). Thirdly, there are charitable sources for situations like hers. And fourthly, if she is working, she could cover her spouse on her family health insurance. Things would not be "rosey" but they could be better than described in the story before she turned to prostitution. I do think the writing is very good and I am enjoying the story never-the-less. Curious to see where it goes from here . . .

RicticRicticover 17 years ago
Good Story

A very sad but good story.

bornagainbornagainover 17 years ago
protection

When she meets her customers how come she doesnt have them use rubbers because she want using them on her customers.

Pat

Atlanta,Ga

AnonymousAnonymousabout 15 years ago
LOves this story. Sorry she liked the sex so much.

The first part when she went downhill was so tragic. She did the best that she could do. Just think that if she had been fat and unattractive? Hubby to the state nursing home and daughter probably to foster care. It was a sad choice but it had to be made. I think in this current economy there will be a lot of unpleasant choises made. So don't shit on her. She did the best for her family as the guys do that work workahollic hrs. She loved her man. She fulfilled her wedding vows. He was brain dead. She gave her all. What more can you give? Jim

dionysianmodedionysianmodealmost 13 years ago
Some Constructive Criticism

I really did enjoy the story; realistic (unlike a lot of the stuff on literotica), good spelling, emotional. My only comment is that it was kind of longish. Most stuff on literotica is only about 2 pages max. Otherwise, really great.

DWornockDWornockover 12 years ago
As soon I I realized it was a call girl, I stopped reading.

Then I rated it 1* because that type of story is not my cup of tea.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
??

I can understand that Clayton is her first client and she is naive in the ways of escort work, but she didn't make him wear a condom. She even let him blow his nut inside her. Surely this is escort work 101 regardless of whether you are new to it or not?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Well loved the story👍

It's understandable what she went through...a sacrifices she needs to do, for me is a heroic act to survive not only for herself but as well for her family.

Five stars for this.

widowedidiotwidowedidiotover 6 years ago
Desperate measures

It's hard to believe something like this can happen to anybody, unless you have been through something similar yourself. I applaude this lady for taking the risk, you just need to remember that she's doing it not just for her sexual release, which I'm sure she desperately needs, but mainly to keep her family together. Wow!! What a wife will do to make her husbands life as comfortable as can be, Loved this story so far, keep writing.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 6 years ago
Thanks for tackling a controversial, and ugly subject

Got some big holes, notably lack of consult or regard for the consequence of becoming a ho on her marriage and kid. And if she stays in the life long enough, it will ALMOST certainly happen.

Most gals that succeed in getting out of the life do so fairly early on in their career.

I hope you crafted a good and plausible end to this tale of our sick society that disposes the disabled.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

All the rationalizing in the world doesn’t excuse the fact that the woman turned herself into a whore. How is her disabled husband going to feel when he finds out his “wife” is flatbacking for a living? What’s that old country song, “Ruby, Don’t Take Your Love To Town”? Realistically speaking, this story should probably end about the same way that song did. “BANG”!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

This story may be “continued” but I don’t think I’ll be continuing with it. So far it’s depressing as hell, and with the husband being paralyzed from the neck down I just cannot imagine how it could get any better. I’m out.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Always

Always alternatives to becoming a whore, except in LW stories where it is first choice.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous