All Comments on 'Destruction and Rebirth'

by soul71

Sort by:
  • 150 Comments
AardieAardie3 days ago

All that build up for the bitch just to have her run out was fairly anticlimactic.

AnonymousAnonymous11 days ago

Where is the next part/s?

Big_Tim99Big_Tim9923 days ago

I keep rereading this story, I find it good. I can picture Catalina and Alondra because in my apartment building there is a cute petite Latina with an equally cute petite little girl. Makes me wish I was thirty years younger.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Parts of the story were great. Hi ex wife was a certifiable nutcase. Why that all just exoded after 17 years is befuddling. But abandoning his kids so completely and summarily with speed a decisiveness, just means he was a sh$tty father and grade-A asshole. Wow.

Dennis26Dennis2626 days ago

Fantastic piece of story telling !

AnonymousAnonymous26 days ago

Very nice story. I think if I were Hal, the next time I came back to town, I’d get a restraining order for the bitch. And call the cops every time I saw her within a hundred yards of me. Maybe after the third or fourth time they would just keep the bitch in jail. Or in a mental hospital. Thanks, soul71, for a great story about Loving Wives. One a definite keeper and the other not worth killing. Even though it might be really tempting. 😇. 5🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

RustyReaderRustyReaderabout 1 month ago

Outstanding

Check marks virtually every human emotion.

Well-done!!!!

Drache111Drache1112 months ago

Wonderful Story. Please write more LW and Romance stories

Ocker53Ocker532 months ago

Second read thru and still a great read⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

It's strange, but my experience with the whole Latinx thing is vastly different. Maybe its because im not American, and not living in America, but my friends who consider themselves part of that culture dont take offence to it, the accept it as totally logical gender neutral term to describe the Latin American expat (and those descended from them) community in our country.

Either way, a truly excellently written story. You really should write more LW stories, because when you do you knock them out of the park. 5 stars

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted3 months ago

You don't write many LW stories. When you do they're great. Thanks for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

A great story, many thanks to the author for sharing it with us readers. About the “Latinx” thing, I don’t know who coined that word, or even why they did. Seems like in the last twenty five years or so a lot of words have been coined by who-knows, just to label people and categorize them into neat little slots. And in the process of that, it just further separates and alienates people even more

Sorry, off my soapbox. Again, thanks, soul71, for a great story. *****Five stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟

joehegjoeheg5 months ago

I found it a tad slow to start and could not walk away later. Has to be one of my most read. Now in my Favorites and will be read again soon. I absolutely love it.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

Great story, though long.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

I loved it!

AnonymousAnonymous7 months ago

Good story... But a Volvo? Can you say Fugly;)

photogman18photogman188 months ago

Very well written story. I'm a military and details oriented person and also from NC. When i remarried, my kids disowned me. I gave my oldest away at her wedding and mchild and grandchild are the same age. I never even knew about my youngest kids wedding. They DXed me in military jargon. NC State is an Engineering school while Duke is primarily a medical and classical liberal arts school. Again, well done. 5 stars.

oldtwitoldtwit8 months ago

Well a good rounded story, full of details full of characters that are very real,

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I agree wholeheartedly with the commenter from 9 months ago with the post starting with "I get that the Bitch was a delusional, psycho, narcissistic slut with severe mental issues..." What he did to the kids was execrable. I get rhat delusional wife put them in the middle, but they are kids and he turned on them and ghosted them very quickly. He was an asshole of a father. Yes bad things happen to parent-child relationships in a bitter divorce, made worse because the ex-wife is a certifiable psycho. But the kids were teenagers. They will grow up. Abandoning them for 7 years is a jackass move.

tazyloadtazyload10 months ago

One of my very favourite stories on this site. MC is initally flawed in the way he deals with his kids but then 7 years later, the way he reconnects is spot on. The little detail of him learning Spanish really got to me personally as that is as true a romantic gesture as someone can make for someone they love. The icing on the cake was how he dealt with the ex the whole way through, dropped her like a sack of fermeting shit and then stood his ground once she came back into the picture. The cherry on top would have been her being carted out of the wedding reception in a Straitjacket but that's just me being a dick ;)

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Should have had Amber and David move to Charlotte instead of being around the bitch

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

NOW THIS IS HOW A REAL MAN SHOULD ACT ON HIS CHEATING SKANK WIFE AND UNGRATEFUL CHILDREN!!

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

One of your best stories 5*.

Why did you give the lunatic ex-wife bitch so much prominence at the end!!!

TwistedOne66TwistedOne6611 months ago

That was a great story...

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Far too much of David. Otherwise liked the story, as I do most of yours. Thanks

Nothingman83Nothingman83about 1 year ago

Great story of "death and rebirth." He rose from the ashes, like a Phoenix. Yes, he was saved by the love of a wonderful woman AND her family. My only complaint is that you rushed the ending.

AllNigherAllNigherabout 1 year ago

Desertman, I can see that happening. My issue isn't that it happened but that he gave them no real chances. One and done. He turned his back on them and wouldn't listen while he was walking away.... Literally. Then refuse to talk to them while they begged his parents. As an adult it's you that has to understand kids make silly choices and especially in a divorce can be easily manipulated. In other cases the kids never come around... That's a different circumstance.

muddman74muddman74about 1 year ago

Very good story line. That ex-wife needed to be put in the crazy house. She has a whole colony of squirrels living in her pea brain. I did note that some of the wording seemed awkward in spots, but this is a solid story. 5 stars from me and a big thank you for sharing such an entertaining story.

EastCoaster1EastCoaster1about 1 year ago

Well-written...

...not the first story on LW with a Father leaving his family due to a cheating wife, losing his children in the process, finding a new love to help him rebuild his self-confidence, and then regaining contact with his children, but certainly an enjoyable one !

The few spelling errors will enrage some of the anonymous posters to whom a happy ending is against their religion, but they are minor, almost irrelevant, and really don't detract from this happy-endng story.

I gave it 5 stars for the overall skill of the author who developed the story and an engaging cast of characters.

DessertmanDessertmanabout 1 year ago

To those who take exception to the mc's treatment of his children let me say this:

After my wife and I separated (her choice) and I started seeing my children aged 10, 10 (twins) and 7, they refused to see me. It turns out that she got so distressed whenever I was due to see them, it upset them so much, they didn't want to

see me. So I hardly ever saw them until they were adults. Even now, 50 years later I am estranged from 2 of them and my relationship with the 3rd is difficult.

So, yes these things do happen.

Regarding the story, it needs better editing. It could be shorter and tighter, with grammar, missing words and spelling errors cleaned up.

I liked the loving relationship between the mc and his new wife and her family, as well as the reconciliation with his children.

The ex was portrayed as bat shit crazy, but in the real world she would probably be diagnosed as bi-polar (manic depressive, as was).

Ocker53Ocker53about 1 year ago

I have to say that this is one of the best stories I have read on literotica and I have read thousands of stories on here⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Old_LionOld_Lionabout 1 year ago

Great story, once again well written 5*

One small gripe. Latino Woman is just WRONG. Latino is the masculine, Latina is the Feminine. Or just "a Latin Woman" not Latino. Please?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Overly long but enjoyable nevertheless. I think his children accepted him back a little too easily. The Bitch was certifiable and true to her nickname to the end.

Lions86Lions86over 1 year ago

honestly i think the story was good but would have been so much better if you just kept the ex wife out of the story all together after he divorced her. The whole story line with her wanting him back and being delusional just seemed contrived and pointless IMO

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Really good story except he didn't really burn the bitch as she is still scheming and vile right till the very end!!

The 2 ungrateful kids had to learn the hard way for siding with their skank mother....at that age they know about sex and making babies so they weren't wholly innocent

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Who cares about the story of David? He seems to be the key to everything

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

I get that the Bitch was a delusional, psycho, narcissistic slut with severe mental issues, but why in the heck in the world would the MC abandon his two kids for seven years? I see commenters below cheering that defiant act by the MC as he not only ripped into his 14 and 16 yr old kids, but abandoned them, and ghosted them. Wtf? Are any of those same commenters, parents with children? For sure the ex-wife was repugnant. And I get that she was manipulating the kids, but they are children for pity's sake. How the heck does he almost instantly put them on the side of the "enemy". The rest of it was interesting and his relationship with Catalina is great. So much description of the extended family meeting and forming bonds. So many details. And then the confrontation with the ex at the end who ends up in a psych ward. But really total abandonment? Fine move out of state when they hit 18. Stick it out in town and be a man for 3-4 years. But then to sever all ties, reinforcing that with the grandparents, and then the kids finding that thr grandparents refuse to tell them anything about their dad, so he doesn't also cut his own parents out of his life? Wtf? She may be thr Bitch but as a father he is a grade-A asshole!!!

AzuraDelacroixAzuraDelacroixover 1 year ago

god finally, many of this type of story usually have wimpy and weak main protagonist

reading the first page of this already feels satisfying

Pickles7287Pickles7287over 1 year ago

Sweet romance story…LW part was incidental …wish there was suspense or tension in the story line

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 1 year ago

Delightful! There are so many things right with this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story!! This MC had balls to burn the bitch and the ungrateful children BUT the end was a total disappointment with the drunken skank ex wife still showing up!! Guess she wasn't burned enough!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A pretty good story, a well written too. I personally thought it was a bit too long, that the day-to-day minutiae slowed down moving the story forward. As I said, just my personal opinion. But thanks for sharing it.

SatyrDickSatyrDickalmost 2 years ago

[16.08.22]

Anudder cracker jack story!

11/10!!!!!

Hey Anon from August 9th - 'Latinx' is a term not embraced by a majority of Latinas/Latinos, my deceased wife who was of Mexican descent did not like it.

tarkabukktarkabukkalmost 2 years ago

I thoroughly enjoyed this story.

Thank you for sharing,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I really enjoyed it, and thought it was a well written story. Thanks for sharing it with us.

I didn't know that Latinx (damn that MSM) was a derogatory term for Latino's and Latina's. Thanks for the information.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

fun story .

thank you

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

What a great story, especially with Nat and Catalina and family all getting their happily ever after. Well, the delusional Bitch got exactly what she deserved, nothing and ended up in a psych ward right where she belonged. Well done 5/5

SexualT69SexualT69almost 2 years ago

2nd read and it was great both times I read it. You are my favorite author on this website. I love all your work

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

One of your best, loved the romance. I did not know you had it in you.

But there you go.

Scored 5/5

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago
Hmm

Not a bad story but about 6 pages to long and all the new family stuff was sickly sweet.

usaretusaretalmost 2 years ago

Very nice tale, especially the last few chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Nice story but way to long with minutiae.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Great story but the continued interference by the bitch and her emotional abuse of her kids was fucking annoying!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago
Thanks-Great Read!

Still a great story, the 2nd time I read it! DerMtMan

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

good, interesting but way too long

Merlin_the_MagicianMerlin_the_Magicianabout 2 years ago

It’s a nice story. Hated the bitch but loved the new extended family. You obviously put in a lot of time writing your story.

RimmerdalRimmerdalabout 2 years ago

A long light weight story.

icemn67icemn67about 2 years ago

A truly great story.

CDRLawCDRLawabout 2 years ago

Wow, this is one angry author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

<pedantry>

The heat in chilli peppers is contained mostly in the flesh and is most concentrated on the pithy, white connective tissue.

Just saying'

</pedantry>

PS have the story five stars - loved it.

Diecast1Diecast1over 2 years ago

Great story. love it. AAAAAA++++++

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesover 2 years ago

Enjoyed the story, took about 1/4 way in to really get into it. In a few places I thought I was reading the "Marlboro Man", no offense. As it got to the end, I thought it dropped rather quickly and a few more paragraphs would have been good. Gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A great story of very believable flawed characters.

RE anon's comment how could a father leave his children.

Easily. You simply need to love them so much that when they betray you the hurt is unbearable. The more you love someone, the deeper the pain from their betrayal.

Also remember that hurt people do hurtful things.

So a switch flicks on inside him that turns his love into pain, so he can easily leave them.

Then over time, his resultant behaviour becomes a habit. So his first reaction when he thinks of his kids is to continue protecting himself by rejecting any thought at all about them. After all, in his mind, they are still a part of Team Bitch.

Love and hate are both merely different expressions of deep emotional feelings. They are not opposites.

Indifference is the opposite of love.

Apathy is the nemesis of love.

Just not caring about your loved one will kill a marriage as surely as adultery will.

RimmerdalRimmerdalover 2 years ago

Started out as crap but got quite a bit better.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

soul71

It's almost like they started it, didn't enjoy it, and thought you would like to know why. Crazy.

MutationsMutationsover 2 years ago

3 pages in, I have some thoughts. Let's say these are my options and you, the Author, are very much welcome to disagree.

I was actually intrigued when MC's daughter treated her mom's infidelity like it was nothing. It's just sex, according to the siblings. Up until now we've seen everything that happened through MC's POV. That's the first time we get another character's view. Even if that character is a teenager. And that little conversation tells us that while MC did love his children, he never really had an active role in their upbringing. Because that would have instilled a moral code in the children that reflects their father's value. Then we see MC leaving his offspring, without second glance. This can be interpreted as his outrage or lack of care. But we know it's outrage. We also learn how he was always present in their lives, going to school functions and whatnot. This makes things more interesting as this means MC thinks he was a good parent, but he clearly isn't. He didn't work on his parenting. Maybe he also wasn't that much of husband? But we see MC leaving everything behind and starting a new life, went on to have no contact with his children for 7 years. All those potential I was talking about? Thrown out of the window. This character is so hurt that he couldn't talk to his children, but can supposedly marry AND ANOTHER child? And 7 years later when he talks to his children, they literally grovel for HIS apology? 7 years, no adults, let alone a father, would hold something a teenager said in a difficult life situation over their heads.

Skimmed through the rest of the story, all these problems MC has never gets resolved. And I'm not even talking about the felony he committed by that fund transferring. That's a legit criminal offence and any lawyer worth his salt would have figured that shit out. As I said before, this was my take on the MC. Either all of these were intentional on the author's part, which I sincerely doubt, or this story needed some serious editing, which it never got.

soul71soul71over 2 years agoAuthor

And yet you clearly had time to comment on something you didn't even finish, weird.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I tried reading this, but couldn't get past page one. What kind of father would treat his kids that way? Clearly, the daughter reaching out is the only adult present.

Reader2071Reader2071over 2 years ago

Good story. But the guy is a prick. I'm surprised anyone would marry him and want to have kids with him. Your teenage kids said something stupid and hurt you? Uh, that's what every teenager does. Catalina should have had a conversation with him before marrying him about if he'd treat their kids the same way. I'm sure there are people like him out there but it's still sad that he missed out on 7 years of his kids because he took to heart what a teenager said.

JacktacularJacktacularover 2 years ago

It’s like a hallmark story, but for guys 😬 5⭐️

NitpicNitpicover 2 years ago
Decent

Decent story.

Karn9Karn9over 2 years ago

One of the best stories on this page. Excellent dialogue and fantastic humor written into the plot. 5* +

F1_FanF1_Fanover 2 years ago

Just a quick note to let you know I really enjoy your writing.

Also Ithank you for mentioning El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Chili Habanero Hot Sauce. I liked it so much I bought a case.

Thanks!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

jesus another martian slut ray wife, another husband who finds a perfect woman afterwards.

GothCuntGothCuntover 2 years ago

A dime a dozen story.

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 2 years ago

This needed an editor to clean out all the filler and keep it on track.

danbo56danbo56over 2 years ago

enjoyed this story but there again i enjoy stories that are a little longer than 1 or 2 pages well written 5+ stars for me

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wow. I hope the whiney commenters know this is fiction. Some of their reviews read like they are talking about a real MC. This was a good first story with a strong MC instead of a MC that just forgives everything and reads like a wimp. (Really not trying to insult you.) Unfortunately, there was quite a bit of filler in this story. Although the MC locked out his kids for 7 yrs, he did let them back into his life. Please write another story with a strong MC. Maybe with revenge to the characters that mainly deserves it.

P.S.: Please finish the story about The Silver Wind. That's my favorite story of your writing. Thank you for your time on it.

twistidmonkeytwistidmonkeyover 2 years ago

great story soul really enjoyed it

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
5 stars

I cannot understand the limp dicks who score it so low.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was a very long story, I’m sure you could have done it with 6 pages. 7 years to see the light and not give his child a chance to explain.to stubborn for his own good. The bitch wife should have been put away after trying to get the daughter to spread her legs for her boy toys. This wife never should have been allowed to come to any wedding . That is why you do not get @5 th star.

Harvey8910Harvey8910over 2 years ago

This was a great story. I loved it and gave it 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Honestly this story was 8 or 9 pages too long, there was simply no depth to it which negated the need for it to be as long as it was.

towgtowgover 2 years ago

2 stars. Could easily been 4 or 5, if the protagonist would have been given some self worth and pride.

studebakerhawkstudebakerhawkover 2 years ago

It was a good story at the start, but after the smoke cleared from the original drama, the last 9 pages felt like an extended epilogue. The climax to the action should be at or near the end of your story. You need to either shorten your story or inject more fireworks into, or around, the wedding. Thank you for sharing with us, I look forward to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story always your the goat !!!

Tell WAA01 were waiting those last two stories are great work!!!

You two are my favorite writers on this site

tangledweedtangledweedover 2 years ago

At least 2/3 of this story was filler.

queenhunterqueenhunterover 2 years ago

it feels like real life, and great story.

Cringo31Cringo31over 2 years ago

Really enjoyed this story

HarkenhawkHarkenhawkover 2 years ago

You are one of my favorite writers. Occasionally a little dark but always enjoyable.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 2 years ago

Good story for a young man to see what kind of woman he wants and what kind he doesn’t

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Wonderful story! The slut finally got her payback when Nat married his REAL wife and his older children call her MOM. She also is their mother now, and don't try to hurt them, because mama bear will kick your ass. A continuation would be fitting, to show Carson and Rosa's future and Catalina and Amber ( her daughter)s new babies. Maybe the bitch would drink herself to death or Catalina will hurt her badly for abusing her new son and daughter...

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

I did get Nat going off and abandoning his kids, because that’s a common LW trope. But there was way too much middle, and at times it seemed that he was using his money to try to buy his kids back.

I skimmed several pages, and was still able to keep up; that’s a sure sign that the story is just too long.

SplitGeode66SplitGeode66over 2 years ago

A wonderful,well-written story. Althiugh long, the story read the s w csmoothly, without padding. 5 stars.

/

Some minor.editing items: it is not "the Discovery Place", but "Discovery Place". You used the word "palette " instead of the correct word "palate" when referring to food.

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

That was a very, very well told story that really took me away. Sensitively told with believable characters and exactly the required amount of drama that really makes this work stand out. Would have fit in romance as well. Thanks for the work and sharing! N 5 * !!!!

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

That was a very, very well told story that really took me away. Sensitively told with believable characters and exactly the required amount of drama that really makes this work stand out. Would have fit in romance as well. Thanks for the work and sharing! N 5 * !!!!

tld1227tld1227over 2 years ago

Great Story as always thanks

PeelercrabPeelercrabover 2 years ago

El Yucateco Black Label Reserve Chili Habanero Hot Sauce must be the bomb. On Amazon it had 5 stars completely covered with over 1000 comments. Do not ever recall anything with so many hits that highly recommended. Not really into super hot but had to order a bottle. Just a slight dash I hope. Not getting the XXXtra hot just the regular.

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersoul71@soul71
Hello, if you enjoy my work, and if you would like to be able to read it before it's published on lit, please use the link on my twitter page. You can find me on Twitter @jamesricharthor. I might move to a new site if it keeps up, I'll let you know if I do. I hope you all enjo...

SIMILAR Stories