All Comments on 'Detroit up in Smoke'

by MSTarot

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
JAUNTYOLDONEJAUNTYOLDONEalmost 6 years ago
Some things never . . . .

Some things never die. This being said there will always be a "Bonnie and Clyde" if not for real then in stories told by old men to inspire a few of the' Young Lions' to try their luck.

Blind_JusticeBlind_Justiceover 8 years ago
Cyber noir - love it!

The good: The story oozes style. The setup, the tech, the language and of course the fate of the protagonists - that's classic Cyberpunk. You've got that nailed. Taking cues from Bonny and Clyde - why not?

The not-so-good: I wouldn't have minded a bit more sex, and what was there felt surprisingly impersonal, especially after how they met. The chemistry was there, and you didn't milk it. Lost opportunity.

The ugly: Holy hell, did you forget to edit? You dropped words. You mangled tenses. There were two instantces I had to go back and re-read what you've written, just to make a little sense of it. Cost you a point there.

Verdict: Great story, needs another edit pass, at least.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
No .... No.... why!

Why did you have to kill them? It's just so sad. You didn't give them a chance to change or grow up. Or to see the car as evil that they had to break free of.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous