Devotia Ch. 07: Exultation

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Glancing at the assembled masses before them, Junivere faces Callie with a fire in her eyes. She quietly clenches her fist, facing away from the crowd, and Callie wonders if she is contemplating casting a spell on her. But, a second later, her face softens and returns to the demure of public respectability.

Her eyes shine mischievously, and she announces, "It would be my honor to lend you my strength, hal Devotia." She steps forward towards Callie, bowing politely and adding, "It is a great privilege to share with you Suul's blessing."

Callie's heart skips as Junivere suddenly closes the gap between them, grabbing her waist in one hand and her neck in the other and pulling her into a deep kiss. Callie feels her body come alive, fluttering with sensation as the Devotia runs her hands across her skin and dress, massaging her slightly.

Her pride melts away as Junivere's tongue slips its way between her lips, gently circling around her mouth. It flicks across the roof of her mouth, hooking against the back of her teeth, and Callie feels like she is floating as it pulls her closer into her grasp. The crowd fades from her awareness as everything other than Junivere's presence disappears from her mind.

She feels like putty in the Devotia's arms, like clay fit only to be felt and sculpted by a master. Her body becomes nothing but a blank canvas for the artist, whose fingertips claw lightly across her skin and send shivers of delight through her. Callie's chest purrs as the sweet scent of vanilla fills her, Junivere's short hair tickling against her neck and collarbone.

Inside her mind, Callie feels as though she could fly, as though Junivere had suddenly unlocked the power within her and she weighs nothing in the morning breeze. Her spirit explodes into light, feeling desperation and satisfaction intertwine as two halves of the same emotion, a push and pull that keeps her lips pressed into Junivere as though nothing else could fill the building void inside her.

The Devotia's lips leave her after what feels like an eternity later and it takes all of Callie's strength not to remain latched onto her. Junivere places a final kiss on the side of her cheek, just below her ear, and whispers, "Well played, hal Devotia."

As Junivere steps back, leaving Callie feeling colder and longing for more, her skin is suddenly bathed with light. Bright embers trickle across her and it feels as though lightning courses through her veins. She shudders, reveling in the slightly painful sensation that gently fades into a frenzy of desire. Her eyes gaze up towards Junivere, who looks unmistakably proud, drinking in the wondrous expression on Callie's face.

As Callie turns to face the sundial behind her, the first blinding light of sunrise pouring over the plaza, she feels her consciousness lurch back inside of her. For a moment, it feels as though someone had pushed aside her own mind, entering her body to borrow it and sending waves of elation to compensate.

"'Hal Solva,'" Callie's voice booms across the courtyard, no longer in control, "'Gaze upon your Devotia and know that I have great plans for them!'"

The crowd falls silent, soaking in the divine presence echoing out of Callie's body.

"'Solva has grown, in spirit and in need, and your devotion brings great honor to you. Your devotion deserves recognition,'" Callie feels herself say, consciousness still hovering in the background of her mind, "'And reward.'"

Passively, Callie can feel as Junivere stares at her, confused and amazed. A wondrous feeling of anticipation consumes the city assembled before them.

"'I have anointed a new Devotia to preside over Tulla,'" the voice declares, and Junivere's eyes whip over to Callie, brandishing a rare look of alarm. "'Just as I shall now anoint a new Devotia to preside over Solva.'"

It is as though all of the sound in the world disappears, replaced only with the terrifying pause of expectation.

"'Behold!'" The voice concludes, and Junivere suddenly erupts into light alongside Callie, "'From here forward, Solva shall have two Devotia!'"

The presence leaves Callie, suddenly throwing her back in control of her body. She stumbles, narrowly catching her balance and avoiding dropping from the raised platform. Dizziness overtakes her as her vision narrows and Callie collapses down, exhausted. She looks up at the warming sky, seeing only the stunned eyes of Junivere fill her absent gaze as darkness overtakes her.

-- -- --

As Callie shakes awake, it is difficult to overcome the heavy weight of her eyelids. She's exhausted and feels as though her thoughts are moving through syrup just to arrive into her mind, quietly mulling about as her breath escapes her unwieldy lips. A small part of her wonders if she has somehow died in her sleep, but the raised shouts of Junivere's frustration shakes it away.

Callie sits up, finding herself in a tiny cot in a room somewhere on the second floor of the Cathedral. She thinks it must be where the priestesses who oversee it sleep, but they're nowhere in sight. Instead, the only others in the room with Callie are Civa, gently kneeling by her side, Valena, leaned up against a wooden support post, and Junivere, standing across from her and venting her frustration.

"-have friends, I have a life there, Velena!" Junivere shouts as Callie stumbles awake. "I can't just abandon everything I've worked to achieve in Tulla!"

"I'm well aware of your-," the Magister begins patiently, only to be interrupted by a furious Junivere.

"Is this your doing!?"

"How would it be-,"

"Answer the question," Junivere huffs. "Did you have anything to do with this?"

"Of course not!" Velena scowls, arms folded tightly across her chest. "I can't play-act a goddess, obviously."

"But is this your plan? You called me here in the first place," the Devotia paces. "Are you attempting to trap me in Solva, trying to gain yet another lever of power to throw whenever you need it?"

"I called you here because Callie needed you," the Magister's finger points at Callie, hardly looking at her, "And she does. But you keep antagonizing her!" She sighs, her eyes dripping with irritation. "Maybe this is Suul's way of telling you to play nice."

"Callie, are you okay?" Civa's concerned voice calls silences the others, hands gently holding her shoulders.

Callie nods, swinging her feet over the side of the cot and shaking away her pounding headache. "I'm fine."

"Everyone out," Junivere commands.

"I'm not leaving her-," Civa stops as Junivere's fingers snap impatiently. She sighs, squeezing Callie's arm softly. "I'll be just outside if you need me."

"Thanks," Callie croaks hoarsely.

Civa crosses the room, gently extending a hand to Velena to guide her out as well. The Magister rolls her eyes, taking the priestess' hand and exiting the room. She slams the door behind them.

"What did you do?" Junivere begins, face seething with accusation. Any goodwill Callie may have earned from playing the game has clearly dissolved.

"I didn't do any-,"

"Liar," she huffs, sitting down on a cot across from Callie. "Is this some kind of sick way of getting back at me? A childish prank because I wasn't coddling you enough?"

"I don't know what happened," Callie hisses, groaning slightly as she rubs the knots in her shoulder. "Maybe it wouldn't have happened if you didn't try to abandon the plan. I thought you'd be impressed that I was starting to strategize!"

"So now it's my fault?" Junivere jabs a finger, pointing at herself. She scowls. "I never wanted to be here. If you weren't so pitiful in this role, I would be sitting comfortably in my home where I have my own life, my own city, and an awareness of who exactly is trying to use me or kill me."

"I didn't ask you to-"

Junivere holds a hand up threateningly, twirling strands of light in her palm to remind Callie of what she was capable of. "Stop whining."

"Whining? Whining? You're the one who's whining right now," Callie retorts, trying to feel less childish than it sounded. Junivere is quiet, simply staring at her with fury in her eyes, and something about the look bristled against her own pride. "And what the fuck was that kiss? Why didn't you just toss out a blessing like you love to do, flaunting them around in my face?"

"Oh you loved it," Junivere gripes. "I had to pull back to prevent you from moaning in front of the whole city."

Callie's face flushes with frustration. She stands, wobbling slightly as her balance recovers, and paces away from Junivere. "I finally hear from Suul and its a fucking punishment."

"Oh I bet you'll hate it," Junivere stands to face her. "You're dripping with lust everytime you look at me. For all I know, this is everything you've been dreaming of."

"No, it isn't-,"

Callie feels herself trip as hot cords of magic bind her ankles together. She shrieks, landing onto the hardwood floor with a loud thud as the cords wrap around her legs and arms, binding them together and tightening enough to cause her to gasp.

"What are you-?" Callie begins, but Junivere's hand twists tightly, sending more ropes to gag her mouth.

"I'm giving you what you want, Callie," Junivere slowly steps forward, hand spinning to flip the bound Callie onto her back to face her. "You want to play helpless and shy. You want an excuse to not have to fulfill your duties. Well? Here you go!"

Her fingers clench, pulling the cords tight around Callie and stealing away the breath in her lungs. She writhes against the magic, eyes darting to the door and pleading Velena or Civa to charge in.

"Do you think I don't know a simple noise ward? No one is going to hear you."

She turns back to face Junivere, cords finally loosening to allow her to breath. She sucks in air hungrily, watching the Devotia's face light up with satisfaction. Junivere slowly drops down to the floor, crawling so that her body hovers just above Callie's.

"You want this, don't you?" She smirks, eyes piercing into Callie's with a knowing delight. "The first night I was here, I just wanted to get a sense of how you'd react under pressure, a small test. But even then, with you tied up against the column, I could tell you loved it."

Callie shakes her head quickly, pushing away the bubbling feeling in her stomach. Junivere's breath cooled against her cheek, gently blowing against the intense warmth that was coursing through her. Her body rocks to the side as Junivere's hand cracks across her face, leaving a stinging mark on her cheek. Her nails grip Callie's chin, tilting her head up to meet Junivere's eyes.

"And then," the Devotia continues, leaning her face in closer, "I brought the handsome Knight-Commander to come see me." Her eyes lap up the jealousy that pangs in Callie's expression. "Don't worry, we only talked. He told me all about your first two meetings. He's so loyal to Devotia, isn't he?"

Callie feels her chest tighten from shame and relief. She hated the feeling of Calvin sharing intimate details with her, but at least it was better than the alternative. She hopes he had the care to not tell Junivere she's threaded.

"You like to serve, don't you, Callana?" Junivere prods, grinning with satisfaction. "You like watching people enjoy you." Callie is silent, and Junivere adds, "Tell me."

Callie thinks about resisting, but as Junivere's hands press her down into the floor and send terrifying shivers of excitement through her, she abandons it. She nods slowly.

"Good girl," Junivere smiles. Callie hates herself for the glimmer of pride that splashed through her. Her breath extends, letting out a long exhale as the Devotia watches her.

"Then you'll get your chance to serve me," Junivere grins. "If I am going to be stuck here with you," she warns, "things are going to be different. You are going to know your place."

Her hand drops to Callie's waist, gripping it tightly and pulling Callie's stomach up to meet hers. "Tell me you'll obey."

Callie pauses, a shrinking part of her mind trying to figure out an escape. But, as the cords tighten slightly and Junivere's teeth lightly bite her neck, pulling a stifled moan from her lips, Callie feels the fight leave her. Underneath her dress, covered by the cords of light, she feels her clit harden with expectation. She nods.

As Junivere's lips press into her neck, hand gently unfurling the cords around her lap, Callie feels the pangs of alarm inside her head be pushed aside in place of rapture. She knows she is supposed to be afraid of something, but as Junivere's hands lift up her skirt and squeeze her thighs, it becomes difficult to think of anything else. She succumbs to the intoxicating aura of Junivere, gives in to the mages' desire to put Callie into a place of submission.

She feels her mind race into the skies again, throwing aside any feeling that wasn't this. Callie's pride collapses, giving up the hope that the dreams she'd had were a fluke, that they somehow didn't mean anything to her.

Callie is so lost in the feeling of submission, she hardly registers when Junivere's hand flattens against her erection, stopping suddenly. The mage looks up at Callie, eyes wide with confusion, then shock, then something else Callie can't read.

Junivere sits up quickly, her body rolling off of Callie. She stands, waving away the magic that holds Callie in restraint and scrambles out of the room, leaving Callie alone to slowly realize what her rival now knew.

12