All Comments on 'Diagnostic Test'

by Pluna

Sort by:
  • 25 Comments
haltwhogoestherehaltwhogoesthereover 2 years ago

interesting story. Fun upfront with the name play. the ending? will there be a future? or just the pain?

PlunaPlunaover 2 years agoAuthor

@haltwhogoesthere thanks! I'd definitely like to continue the story, I have some ideas of where it can go from here, but for now it's just the pain haha

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

That was a great story. Reminiscent of the Twilight Zone, but erotic. I hope you will write more chapters

Slurpy29Slurpy29over 2 years ago

Very interesting AI story that I really enjoyed reading. Looking to see how you continue the story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Amazing, absolutely loved it. Stories where I can feel the emotions are are the best ones and are the reason why I keep checking if the authors end up writing more. Please continue with your writing. It’s magnificent

MaonaighMaonaighover 2 years ago
In short...

...I love it. I've read some very good SF tales on this site and Diagnostic Test is right up there with the best of them. Isaac Asimov meets Philip K Dick at their best.

Perhaps a series of robot stories could be on the cards---you are certainly showing that you have the talent. Very well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I wasn't going to comment, but you ask so politely in your bio! I really enjoyed this story. I also thought More Than Okay was great, but there was something even sexier about this one. I doubt one little anonymous comment holds much sway, but if you're looking for motivation to work this into a series, here I am. This reader desperately wants to know what happens next!

Nightwing_66Nightwing_66over 2 years ago
I’m hooked

Wow. I kept waiting for the “surprise”, but that wasn’t what I expected. Great beginning and I hope these two will show you where they want this tale go. Thank you for sharing this with us.

MoreHeatThanLightMoreHeatThanLightover 2 years ago

Oh, wow! What a delightful read! It's been a little while since I've popped in to look for something to read, and I'm so glad I checked out your work! I really appreciate the effort put into grounding the story in mundane reality- the idea of bots specialized for sex work isn't a story in itself, but the fact that the story initially focuses on the boring reality of the industry first made it all the more appealing. It's cute the way our bashful, antisocial (or maybe just sick of her usual company) protagonist slowly looses her cool- being faced with a character so alluring, in an environment of people she prefers to keep at arm's length. The actual sex was sweet and seductive, but also clearly showed a deeper story beyond this little erotic interlude. And of course it leaves the reader with that lingering question of exactly how much of Renee's words and emotions were "genuine". Is she really close to human? Or is she purely unfeeling? It seems heavily implied that Renee has some sort of personality and will of her own, in spite of what should or shouldn't be the case. But all the same, Kel's reaction makes perfect sense. She got emotionally attached to a bot, which was supposed to do nothing more than use her to gather intel (if it were a mission like what she was made for). She was manipulated into getting intimate with an intelligence bot that pretended to like her, and she was swept away. No wonder she's broken hearted. In fact, the way she presents herself may only give us a taste of who she is at work, but is there more to that personality? Is her coldness perhaps related to how difficult things get when she becomes attached to someone? It seems far from unreasonable to suspect maybe this encounter with Renee brought up some feelings from past romances and intimate experiences.

I definitely hope to see you continue this story, you've done a fabulous job here. What I felt was most important, was that the story did a good job of getting me invested in your characters, and tied up in the emotions of the story. Please do continue to hone your talents, as a heavy consumer of sapphic romance I rather look forwards to seeing more from you!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story, but it left me wanting more. Hoping there will be at least one sequel. 🙂

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Well done, but the ending was sad.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Chapter 2 please. They both deserve better

Missyella81Missyella81over 2 years ago

What a lovely little gem this story was! I really hope you decide to write a sequel, this has a lot of potential. I will definitely follow your work from now on!

PlunaPlunaover 2 years agoAuthor

@Maonaigh wow, high praise, thank you so much!!

PlunaPlunaover 2 years agoAuthor

@MoreHeatThanLight ahhh what a great analysis, thank you!! Makes me feel like a proper author, haha :)

PlunaPlunaover 2 years agoAuthor

Thank you everyone for such kind comments!! Each comment really does mean a lot more than you probably realize, so thank you again, and I will definitely start working on the rest of the story (i am just a bit of a slow writer) :)

TravelerinmdTravelerinmdover 2 years ago

Great story. Loved it and got writing style. Thanks for sharing.

Only_connectOnly_connectover 2 years ago

Superb story! Not only witty and very sexy, but exceedingly well-written! A magnificent 5*

Paul4playPaul4playover 2 years ago

Excellent!

Well written with a fun plot and engaging characters.

And, the sex was good, too!

acrasoftacrasoftover 2 years ago

Came here from the AI anthology link on the front page. Congratulations both on making it to the front page and on a work well done. This is the kind of android stuff I like to see. The way this actually has something philosophical to say is nice. I would love a continuation.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This story is probably one of the best I’ve read in many months. Would love to see it continued!

RomanceLivesRomanceLivesover 2 years ago

@Maonaigh You mentioned Philip K Dick and it got me thinking ... maybe Kel is also a bot but she doesn't realize it. And the diagnostic test was to evaluate ~her~ responses, not Renee's. Just a random thought.

@Pluna You've created a great story, and written it very well. I love these characters. Poor Kel feels confused, ashamed and deceived. And Renee feels, hmmm, I can't decide what, or whether, she feels. But I'd like to find out in future stories with these characters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Are we ever going to get a sequel? :(

PerfectStranger82PerfectStranger82over 1 year ago

A beautifully and engaging story with well-developed characters and hints at a possible interesting backstory. Looking forward to the continuation. 🙂

It does beg the question: whom was actually being tested? And how many bots were in the room?

P.S.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userPluna@Pluna
Hello! I've been lurking on this site for a while and thought I would write some stories for writing practice! I'm still new to this, so comments are appreciated :)

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES