All Comments on 'Diamonds In The Rough Ch. 09'

by Mostera1

Sort by:
  • 42 Comments
tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
FOR ALL PRECIOUS METALS

their inner core shines brightest amongst love. TK U MLJ LV NV

tazz317tazz317about 12 years ago
#2 IN SHAPING DIAMONDS

the discarded portions can be as valuable after polishing and cleaving. TK U MLJ LV NV

persephone9906persephone9906about 12 years ago
Interesting Story Line

Mostera1 - You took a potentially implausible idea and made it possible. You got my attention from the beginning of the story and held it throughout. I was caught up in the emotions and the life you created for the characters. Each character was developed with care and soul, even Alexis. I felt sorry for her at the end, but she was definitely past her time. You gave a good life to Sam and Lynn and their kids. You gave Major a wonderful life and even Captain gets his new one. Five stars for this intriguing story!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago

I wasn't sure at the start, but you wrote one fine story!

mokkelkemokkelkeabout 12 years ago

a perfect ending to a wonderful story!

donaldedonaldeabout 12 years ago
perfect ending

to a most unusual story . I have enjoyed DITR from the beginning and you final chapter was a wonderful ending to the story. thank you for posting and i am looking forward to reading many more stories form you

AnonymousAnonymousabout 12 years ago
Excellent

You were right the end is the beginning with the twists and turns of this chapter. I followed this story from the beginning, and was amazed at all the characters.

Congratulations

kalamazoo707kalamazoo707about 12 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for this story! It was very different and I thoroughly enjoyed it! Loved the ending.... thanks for sharing!

nakdsubnakdsubabout 12 years ago
From the moment...

I found out Sam was woman, I knew this was going to be one great story. With each and every chapter you had me guessing and wondering, where will he lead me next, and lead me you did. You took me on a journey with a surprise around every corner. You made me laugh, you made me cry, but never did you disappoint.

Never have I read a multi-chapter story where I felt every chapter deserved 5* until now. Actually, let me amend that. I felt every chapter was worthy of 10*, but was only allowed to give them 5. This is writing at its best; original, inventive, resourceful, and ingenious. I hate to see this story end.

bruce22bruce22about 12 years ago
Entrancing Story

I find it difficult to believe but this was a pleasure from start to finish.

nazari2964nazari2964about 12 years ago

That was the perfect ending. I do like it when you know what happens after the main story ends. Thank you for the story and can't wait till you think up your next one.

MaddieKimMaddieKimabout 12 years ago
Ah, great ending to a great story.

Like nakdsub, I was hooked when I discovered Sam was a female. From there the story unfolded leaving the reader wanting more after each chapter. You took a totally implausible tale and made it work and I’m so glad Major went out as a hero. It was a privilege to get sneak previews to each chapter. Well done Mostera1, well done!

theonlinestalkertheonlinestalkerabout 12 years ago
Happy face

I'm very happy I found you on twitter. Looking at the category and title I would never have guessed this story would be this incredibly unique and moving. When Major saved Hope and then died and then they found Captain. I freaking cried my eyes out. Can't wait to read more of what you write.

-theonlinestalker

DunaDunaalmost 12 years ago
Naturaly 5 stars

This is an uncommon romantic story. I feel similar to this story, as I read DB_Story's uncommon fembot stories on ASSTR.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Lets hear about Cadet!

You have created spectacular characters of people and dogs over 2 generations. If you keep demoting the dogs each generation, and even if you combine 1st and 2nd Lieutenants into "Lieutenant", your eager (look at the ratings) readers still would look forward to the stories of Captain; Lieutenant; Cadet; and Civilian - at a minimum. Thanks for writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 12 years ago
Great

A real tear jerker! Very well done. Natural!.

Thanks.

renaissancequeenrenaissancequeenalmost 12 years ago
Stunned

This last chapter got a 5 from me. You had me in tears both from sadness and joy.

I stumbled on this series because of a comment you left on someone else's story. While not a typically romance, your writing style held my attention even when the unusual aspects of the storyline were revealed. It has been a pleasure to read this series.

Gigi_RoseGigi_Roseover 11 years ago
Perfect!

I started reading this not sure about whether I would enjoy it but ended up hooked and loving it. Thank you so much for sharing your work!

ErebusAnankeErebusAnankeabout 11 years ago
Amazing

I have never given feedback before, but I just wanted to let you know how amazing I found this story to be. Thank you for sharing it.

Danger09Danger09about 11 years ago
Wow

So I came upon this story completely by accident, I'm not really into the gay/lesbian stories --I'm a Loving Wives junkie, but for some reason after reading the first chapter I wanted to continue with this story & I have to say it was one of the best romance stories I've read in a very long time. I thought the plot was genius, unique & refreshing, I would've never thought a gay man & a lesbian would fall in love--brilliant! I loved all the characters except Eric & Alexis , in the first chapter you tricked me, I though Sam was a guy. I absolutely loved major, only one author on this site that's notorious for making me cry from reading his stories (mendonfishers) your story had me bawling my eyes out, I actually had to grab some tissue, I was weeping! I felt every emotion of your characters, I felt the lost of major, I felt the love Sam & Lynn felt for each other, I felt Sam & Lynn's pain when their significant others betrayed them. I felt everything. I loved loved loved this story.

always_horny_dudealways_horny_dudealmost 11 years ago

To be honest after reading the second chapter i almost decided to skip this one.....but oh lord how grateful i am that i didn't.....seriously awesome concept....well put....brilliant just fucking brilliant.....can't wait to read your other stories

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Never ending love

This whole story, Diamonds in the Rough, was well thought out, well written and I have to say that I loved every part of it.. You had me fooled in the beginning when Sam was leaving the construction site in chapter 1, when you wrote where Brittany spat into Sam's face and "she" wiped her face off, I was completely unaware and caught off guard..

This whole journey made me cry, both tears of laughter and sadness which I must thank you for..

So Thank you, and never let the Love end in this story, maybe you could do a sequel or perhaps have another family like Sara's start off and intertwine the two?

dairetodairetoover 10 years ago
Oh Major

I cried when Major died and when Captain came into their lives.

Lovely story

kuroukiphoenyxkuroukiphoenyxover 10 years ago
u

This story....found at 7pm and finished at one am....crying and heart over flowing...love against all labels...that is what is should be....

92honeyalmond9292honeyalmond92over 10 years ago
OMG

I love this story...

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
WOW

What a ride!!!!!! Loved it, loved it,loved it!!!!!!!

The characters were so well developed, and so very believable. So heartwrenching at times yet so full of love too.

Congratulations, and thank you.

PolyLvrPolyLvrabout 10 years ago
Wow

Terrific tail.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
the compete story

Thank you for one of the best stories I've ever read. You have a talent and, yes a great editor, that helps bring out your best. Quirky, mmmmm,, different viewpoint and

delightfully so. Your "open your mind unlock your heart" on the first chapter was unusual and so sweeet a warning to what was to come. Labels are helpful on jars and cans but so often unnecessary to everything else. To his king and her queen may there be many more. Thank you.Quite an emotional rollercoaster to enjoy.

GP

Shadowreader7Shadowreader7almost 10 years ago
Better every time

4th time I've read this story and I like it more each time. One of the only stories that gets me close to crying with what happened to major

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Amazing

Amazing story, couldn't stop reading it till the end..

dylan954dylan954over 9 years ago
Wonderful

Wonderful story, read it all in one go, the Author really managed to stir emotional involvement with the characters. Thank you for a great read and a happy/sad ending. Would love to read more, hope you publish here again.

BaraktrelBaraktrelover 9 years ago
great story

Loved the story well done

SultrychocolatesistaSultrychocolatesistaabout 9 years ago
Nice!

Quirky and heart warming.

gatorhermitgatorhermitabout 9 years ago
Intriguing and Interesting Series

M1 did a nice job with this series. Clever gender bender. I think the portrayal of coming to terms with a different gender orientation for both Sam and Lynn was really well done.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago
Amazing

Title say's it all.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
one question..

Although it doesn't matter, only the true love in there hearts does, am I the only one trying to figure out if Kendall is a girl or a guy. Just putting it out there feel free to answer. Personally I think it's a guy but correct me for I am wrong.

Mostera1Mostera1almost 9 years agoAuthor
Regarding Gender

Anon,

Reread the wedding scene and look carefully at the pronouns.

Your answer is there.

Thank you,

M1

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Your Right

Especially when I looked at the middle name and the pronouns in reference to her'

Mostera1Mostera1over 8 years agoAuthor
Thanks

Thanks for following up!

M1

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
loved it , a wonderful story

i had a few problems with the start of chapter one .

i found the overly Descriptive start to the story very,very,hard going

i fully understand the intent , as it did work to really sucker punch the reader in regards to sam's sex . ..

from the last few paragraphs of Ch01. all the way to the end of this ch.09 i found the story to have a delightful pace , and found it engaging , interesting & entertaining.

.......

a worthy 5 stars for each and every chapter .

looking forward to new tales from the author.

bonne chance mon ami.

.......

TwistedOliver.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Thanks for the Great story was a great read hope you do many more all 5's

DanabooksDanabooksover 4 years ago
Wow. So well done.

Having known and know many people with different sexual orientation I have come to believe that the only important part of any relationship is love. Thank you.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous