Dianna Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

The school board meeting was scheduled for Thursday evening. Although Althea tried as hard as she could to get Jeanette to drop her claim, Jeanette wanted her moment before the board.

Every member of Armstrong faculty attended this meeting ready to defend their coworkers. Many parents and students also attended the meeting with the same thoughts in mind.

After discussing old business, the floor was open to bring up any new business. Jeanette Lacey stood immediately to lodge her complaint against Mr. Yearly and Ms. Bouvier.

The room was silent as she stated her allegations and produced her petition. Then Dr. Merritt stood, along with Mrs. Jones. They explained the results of their investigation and found that no improper events had ever occurred on school grounds.

Mrs. Lacey looked at Althea; she knew she had her convinced of impropriety. Althea didn't move. Jeanette knew she'd lost again. The next thing that happened was a shock for Bryce and Dianna. Parents, community leaders, and even students stood to speak on their behalf. Coworkers stood, many who admitted that they did not know they were even dating.

The board sat quietly and listened. Finally everyone was quiet. The Board President spoke and asked, if anyone else had anything to say. That is when Mr. George, Mr. and Mrs. Lucas, Mrs. Sanchez and Latasha stood and walked up to the podium. Seeing her family there, Dianna felt honored and a sense of pride enveloped her. She knew that no matter what, she'd be fine. They'd be fine. Mr. George stepped forward and the others surrounded him.

Mr. George spoke in a low strong voice. "I have seen evil in my lifetime. But this trial today, and I do mean trial, is truly evil. You cannot say these two people are not teaching the children in this school. You cannot say that the kids they teach are not learning. You have parents, children and other people here that can attest to the fact that these two teachers work hard."

He paused for a moment and looked into the eyes of each school board member. Then he continued. "You will let one hateful woman who is not teaching her kids what's right from wrong to mistreat and abuse the teachers in this district and that is wrong.

Bryce Yearly is an honorable man. Dianna Bouvier is a wonderful, compassionate, and dedicated young woman. If you dismiss these two on the ranting of some mad woman, you have just condemned the children in this district to failure."

Mr. George inhaled deeply, then he concluded what he had to say. "Thank you for listening, and ladies and gentlemen you have a good night." Then he walked away from the podium and returned to his seat.

The board closed the floor and wanted to vote on the issue presented before them. They informed everyone in attendance that they would vote in private and inform them of the decision that was made in an emergency board meeting that would be scheduled for the next day.

Everyone left and many people made sure they stopped at Bryce and Dianna to give them words of encouragement. Bryce walked over to Dianna and gently held her. She started to pull away, but he would not let her go.

As a couple they were not overly affectionate in public, but everyone seemed to be happy to see them together. Bryce knew Dianna was worried and he wanted to reassure her. He was also tired of hiding. He loved this woman, and he wanted everyone to know.

Dianna knew that Mr. George had to be back at this facility by a certain time, so she asked Mr. and Mrs. Towers to please give him a ride back. Mr. and Mrs. Lucas agreed to give Tasha a ride home.

They all seemed to realize that the only person she needed was the man holding her securely in his arms.

They left and went to Bryce's house.

Bryce held Dianna close. He felt her heart pounding in her chest. He knew she was afraid. They'd talked about how she was railroaded at her last job, and her fear of being dismissed on fabricated details from this one.

Bryce knew one thing about teaching. They would always be able to find work.

Try as he might, Bryce could not relive her of all of her fears. So he just held her for a while. Feeling safe and secures, even though they were in a hellish limbo, Dianna fell asleep in his arms. Bryce watched her as she slept, and he vowed no one would ever hurt her again. Then he gently kissed her temple and drifted off to sleep himself.

Friday morning came, and Bryce arose early enough to drive Dianna to her house so she could dress for work. Dianna invited him to wait for her to dress. Tasha was up so she made coffee for them as he waited. Tasha was worried for her friend, but she could see that Bryce had her best interest at heart, therefore she knew Dianna would be fine.

They talked while Dianna showered and dressed. As she was leaving, Tasha gave both of them a big hug and assured them that everything would work out. On their way to work, they stopped at Hardee's for breakfast.

Bryce ordered for them as Dianna chose the table they would sit at. Sitting across from Dianna, Bryce grasped her right hand in this left. He wanted to reassure her that they would be alright. Even though they'd talked the night before and he held her close, he still felt some tenseness from her.

When they finished their meal, they headed to the school. They were met by the principal as soon as they entered the office.

"Good morning Mr. Yearly and Ms. Bouvier, I need to see you in my office as soon as you sign in this morning." greeted Mrs. Jones.

"Hey, don't worry. We will get through this. We haven't done anything wrong." Bryce reassured Dianna wishing she would let him hold her close, but knowing she would refuse.

Together they walked into the principal's office.

As soon as they entered and shut the door, a big smile spread across Principal Jones' face. "It's over. The board voted after we left. They voted unanimously to throw out the allegations against you and removed any petitions filed against your post here at Armstrong."

Dianna was stunned and speechless. She could not believe this ordeal was over. Mrs. Jones continued. "You can't say anything until the board makes the announcement, but I felt you needed to know. Congratulations." She then gave both teachers a brief hug.

"Mrs. Jones, I don't know how to-"Dianna started before her emotions took over.

Bryce interceded, "Mrs. Jones, this new is a great relief, thank you, for letting us know." as he slowly gathered Dianna in a light embrace.

Dianna realizing they were at school, simply stepped out of the embrace even though, she really needed it at the time.

Mrs. Jones chuckled, "Girl, let that man take care of you. No one in this room saw a thing." Dianna breathed a sigh of relief visibly relaxed.

Bryce took a moment and held her close. Dianna wrapped her arms around his waist for moment.

"Mr. Yearly, I need to speak with Ms. Bouvier privately. You may be excused." Bryce stood then he thought for a moment.

"Mrs. Jones, if there is another-"

Mrs. Jones stopped him. "I need to speak with her about a private matter. She's not in trouble. Please go on to your classroom she will be there shortly." She added smiling admiring how protective he was of this young woman.

Bryce turned to Dianna to reassure her he'd be waiting then he left the office. Dianna turned to face her principal.

"Mrs. Bouvier, yesterday, you told Mrs. Petty that you have extensive experience with troubled youth. I took a moment to review your work history and found that you've worked at Hanlon Detention Center previously.

A friend of mine has been promoted to the position of Dean over that facility and I talked to him about you last night.

He was actually impressed. He stated that it was actions that you took that highlighted some illegal occurrences that were taking place at the facility. He also stated that legally, you were not supposed to be dismissed from your supervisory position.

He actually would like for you to call him about the position that your predecessor held."

Dianna felt vindicated. She was happy that now, someone knew her firing from that job was unfair and unprovoked on her part.

She went to speak, but before she could say a word Mrs. Jones stopped her.

"The truth is Ms. Bouvier, if you wanted to leave right now I could not stop you. I would even understand, but I want to ask you to consider keeping your position at Armstrong next year." Mrs. Jones pleaded.

"Well, Mrs. Jones, first thank you for giving me this information. I'm happy to know that my actions helped those kids at the detention center. As you know, I actually plan to attend Law school in the near future and that means I would have to leave either position that I choose to take."

Looking sheepishly at her employer, Dianna took a deep breath, "I am in the pilot program for teachers, so either way I have two more years to teach. Besides I like it here at Armstrong. Therefore, if a position is available here at Armstrong for me, then yes I will be back.

I also will call the Dean at the detention center to see if I can at least fill in part time so that I can have their credentials for my law school application." she declared much to Mrs. Jones' relief.

Smiling, Dianna looked at Mrs. Jones and said, "You gave me a chance when no one else would. This place has been a safe haven for me and I've come to care about everyone that works here. Thank you Mrs. Jones, for giving me a chance."

Mrs. Jones dabbed her eyes with a tissue. "No, Dianna, thank you. Now I know Bryce is worried sick. I've kept you long enough. Go check on your future husband."

Laughing Dianna stood and exited the office.

She walked to her classroom and saw Bryce waiting by her door. As she approached he quickly guided her into her room

"Hey, is everything alright?" Bryce asked concern creasing his brow.

Gently caressing his cheek, Dianna told him, "Hey everything is fine. We can talk about it later."

Realizing they were in a classroom, Bryce regained his composure and smiled at her. Dianna felt her insides melt as she looked at him. A noise from the door broke their trance. The young couple looked up to see Mrs. Towers and Ms. Summer standing in Dianna's door grinning.

"Well you two, it's about time." Teased Mrs. Towers as the four teachers greeted each other before beginning their day.

The day ended and the school board reconvened to reveal their findings. Bryce and Dianna were cleared of all of the allegations against them. Mrs. Lacey received a verbal reprimand from the school board president for wasting everyone's time and a few other issues were resolved. At the end of the meeting all of the people in attendance, went to their cars and went home.

Bryce and Dianna did not even bother to attend the meeting, because they were already told of the outcome.

The school year ended in late May. Bryce and Dianna were able to spend more time together at Bryce's house. The couple spent so much time at his house that they actually started talking about moving in together. Dianna's main concern was Tasha, because she didn't want to leave her in a bind. However, Tasha had the foresight to see this coming and actually put out feelers for a couple of roommates.

So, in the end, Dianna allowed Tasha to stay in her house along with her roommates as she collected a small rental fee mainly to satisfy the terms that she rent a decent home in the FDC guidelines. The money Dianna collected was deposited into a household account for the maintenance of the home.

One evening after she'd moved in with him, they were spending a quiet day at home when Bryce surprised her.

Bryce stared at this amazing woman that he wanted to claim for all eternity. She was beautiful. Milk chocolate skin covered her voluptuous frame. Her bountiful breast bounced freely as she moved round their home wearing a miniscule tank top. She wore a pair of shorts that cupped her ample bottom and hugged her slim waist.

He stared at her pie shaped face which held the most amazing brown eyes, eyes he could drown in. Today she wore her hair loose and not confined in a tight bun, it flowed freely around her face. Dianna was a real woman; she was a solid size twelve and had no issues with her body. He loved that about her and he truly loved all of her curves.

As a matter of fact, thinking about her curves was making a part of his anatomy stand in attention. He would definitely show his woman his appreciation of her form a little later. Smiling, he decided to go on and see how far this relationship could go.

"Baby, I'm thirsty, will you bring me a beer? I put some in the fridge last night. Dianna, who was already up anyway went to get his drink for him. When she opened the refrigerator she did not see any beer, she saw a burgundy ring box.

Dianna was again rendered speechless. Gently removing the box she opened it to find a single solitaire diamond engagement ring. She heard Bryce clear this throat behind her.

"Um Umm!" he cleared his throat.

Dianna turned and tears began to fall down her cheeks. Kneeling before her on knee, was the man she'd come to love completely.

"Dianna, will you marry me?" Bryce asked nervously.

"Yes, yes, and yes" she declared as he stood and she leaped joyfully in his arms. Dianna knew that although her Momma told her she could only trust herself; the man holding her was the one exception to that rule. Then they kissed passionately as he held her close.

************************************

"Little girl, I know you are not nervous. That young man is a good man. You two deserve to be happy." Genevieve took both of her daughter's hands and looked deep into her eyes. "Dianna, look at me. I taught you how to be tough, because at the time we had to be tough.

This man loves you and you don't have to struggle anymore. Let him teach you how to love. Let him take care of you as you take care of him." They were at the church in the choir room where the bride was to dress before the ceremony.

"Momma, I love him so much. What if..." Dianna started to say, her nerves were on a rampage today. She hadn't even put her gown on and yet she was shaking like a leaf.

"What if I wake up every morning thanking God I found you? What if I can convince you to give me those eight kids I want? What if we get to spend the next fifty years taking care of each other?" Bryce walked into the room and held her tightly for a moment. "No what if's? I am the luckiest man on this planet to have you as my wife. I love you, Dianna, never doubt that." Then he kissed her and held her close for a moment.

"Boy, get out of here. What are you doing back here? Let go of that girl and go get dressed." Genevieve chuckled as she ushered her future son-in-law out of the choir room.

Catherine walked in and helped Genevieve run him out of the room. Dianna felt calmer now. She knew she could count on Bryce to be there. All of her family was here to share this day with her.

Mr. George was walking her down the aisle.

Mrs. Towers, Summer, and Mrs. Lucas were her bridesmaids.

Tasha, the sister of her heart, was standing by her side as her Maid of Honor.

Mrs. Sanchez and Mrs. Lucas volunteered to prepare the food for the reception, as Mr. Towers and Chad manned the grill.

All of her friends from work were there to share in this moment with her.

She looked out into the sanctuary and saw several of her students and their parents sitting in the audience. Some of the boys and girls from the school volunteered to serve as ushers.

But Dianna wasn't really thinking about them. Her thoughts were on the incredible man waiting for her at the altar. The one man that was ready to pledge his life for her. The one man she never wanted to have to live without.

Her man: Bryce Yearly.

Epilogue: One Year Later

Tasha had just gotten in from a date with a guy she met at school. He was a little geeky, but nice. She was excited. The call would come at any time now.

As soon as she came in and dressed for bed, her phone trilled. It was Summer. "Get to the hospital, it's time."

Squealing Tasha jumped up and woke her roommate Lisa. Lisa was the only one who had a car, so she didn't mind taking the other three girls when they had to go. All the girls got up piled into Lisa's car and headed to the hospital.

When Tasha and her roommates arrived, they were ushered to the fourth floor of the hospital. They couldn't see Dianna, because she was busy at the moment. So they waited in the waiting room. Twenty minutes later emerging from a special suite, came an exhausted looking Bryce with a goofy smile on his face.

"Everybody, we have a healthy baby boy. He weighs eight pounds six ounces. He's beautiful just like his mother. I'll let you in as soon as they clean them up." He then turned and rushed back into the room with his wife.

Everyone in the waiting room was cheering, crying, and laughing. This was a happy moment for the family.

Eventually, everyone had a chance to meet their new family member. Genevieve held her new grandson as tears formed in her eyes. Dianna saw her mother's tears and felt her heart swell, because her Mom was so happy. Catherine held the babe and declared he looked exactly like Bryce when he was a baby.

Everyone laughed. Soon Dianna needed sleep and the baby had to go back to the nursery. Each person congratulated the couple and left.

The next morning when Dianna awoke, Mr. George was sitting by her bed. He could not come last night, but Bryce made sure he called him and arranged for him to meet his namesake the next day.

Bryce came into the room carrying the baby. He and Dianna placed George Jason Yearly in Mr. George's arms. The old man held the babe in his arms stared into his angelic face. Dianna was like a daughter to him. She spent her life looking out for others, now she was finally getting the happiness she deserved. She had a true family of her own.

As he gazed upon his namesake, his heart welled with love and pride for the mother of this amazing little boy. He then bent and kissed Little George on the head.

Silently, he thanked Joseph Yearly because if he hadn't been such a conniving, money hungry ogre; these two young people may not have met and had a chance at this shot of happiness they so rightly deserved.

THE END

Thank you for reading this tale. It was a lot of fun to write. Please vote and comment. I love to get feedback.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers
12