All Comments on 'Dilemma'

by Joesephus

Sort by:
  • 221 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

What a moving story. Yes, go to the appointment!

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brilliant writer and far too good for this site. Unfortunately, I understand he died.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wow. Great story. Cindy was a wonderful person. She brought so much light and joy to his life. So sad how suddenly she died and when they were so happy. Such a short time together. Poignant but sad. My only quibble, is personally will never understand the mentality that leads to a husband just running away. Not even a a "drop the mic, exit stage left" routine, but here just running away. I get that his pain of Lori's betrayal was so intense that he was having an anxiety attack and the betrayal was made worse by how close and in love he had been with Lori, but really? No confrontation? No discussion or argument? Not saying he has to work it out with her. It is his choice. But to simply run away like that removes all agency with no closure and makes his pain even worse over time. Glad he met Cindy. She healed him. But now broke his heart again, though through no fault of hers. Sad.

buzzsawlennybuzzsawlennyover 1 year ago

Nope...skip that appointment...mc has two kids under 3... he's gonna add another just as a memorial? And with a woman whom you never wanna speak to...yeah... that's a pass

hardworker5556hardworker5556about 1 year ago

Beautiful story! Loved it. Please keep writing.

RzcanuckRzcanuckabout 1 year ago

That was a fantastic story. I should not have read during a break at work.

BSreaderBSreader12 months ago
A

Shame he was taken so early he was truly an amazing writer.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Go to the appointment, Chris. You know what Cindy would want you to do, just as clearly as if she'd written it in a letter. Everything she's done from the day she met you has been for your good; what makes you think this would be different? Trust her wisdom, love, and knowledge of you, and do it.

@xristianj, go back to your comic books. Please.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

This was one of the most heartbreaking stories I’ve ever read. I literally hate tear jerkers and never read them much, but this one captivated me to the very end. I’m sure you already know this dear author, wow but you can write! 5easy and a nod of respect!

Just_WordsJust_Words9 months ago

I read it again. This is a masterwork on suffering and renewal. It's very well done! 5*****

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Beautiful. Five glorious stars.

JPB

DazzyDDazzyD8 months ago

This is are elite level of writing and story telling!

slowhand21slowhand217 months ago

A shame the author is no longer with us. If ever there was a story that should have a reconciliation this is it.

katibkatib6 months ago

Obviously a great story by a talented writer. However, the main male character, Chris, comes across to me as a juvenile jerk.

Jk777Jk7776 months ago

Wow, my allergies are acting up,

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Devastating. How can one be in the presence of the devine and yet be denied the closure of joint rapport? Its like seeing your soulmate part and being denied entrance, but cast out ignomously. Painful? (Think of the kids...)

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos3 months ago

Honestly, I sort of saw the end here coming a mile away. Cindy evidently did too. Really good story even if the prose was a bit florid in some parts and the pathos a bit out of control. The thing that I didn't like, possibly the only real complaint I have, is that I didn't think that Chris got to experience a true feeling of catharsis over his betrayal. I would have loved to see a bit more of an emotional awakening in him as a complete person rather than someone who was just able to live a happy life because he found an amazing woman who loved him. Don't get me wrong, I also have an amazing woman who loves me, but I'm also a bit more than that and I think Chris is too. Anyway, a solid 4/5 from me for this epic tale.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

A truly amazing story. 5 transcendent stars!

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

Transitional cusp. To feel one foot in the grave and one foot out. Yet a deep fugue so disorienting that you don't know which way to turn. The descriptive narrative seems so prosaic. Kudos to Author.

AnonymousAnonymous23 days ago

I did not buy the near-fugue state Chris suffers from more than once after the slut's betrayal, and results like not knowing much about his drive to Florida.

However, it did communicate the depth of hurt Chris suffered.

It was odd for this reader to not know what happened with Lorelai, with her whys and wherefores of cheating, her collapse, her recovery, and after that. We still heard echoes of her, but never anything solid. Never talking to her made this story almost monomaniacal, and that subject was deep in Chris's head.

These also communicated Chris's feelings on the subject.

Essentially, Lorelai was a cipher, she almost did not matter to the plot, who she was, was only in terms of how Chris saw her, we had almost zero first person evidence or dialog to explicate her for the reader, it was all exclusively through the lenses of Chris's vision, experience, and hurt.

Other than that usage, device, that the author chose, and did well with, this is a most excellent story. Our true main couple are a wonder. Chris's better half, Cindy, was revealed to us in remarkable detail and characterization, her intelligence, soul, and magnetism laid bare for us. Chris's recovery, his growth, his maturation, and his growing/ emerging love were well-illustrated as well, one benefit of the the monomania of the whole world through Chris's eyes.

Remarkable work, even if my allergies threatened to kick up a bit.

This author's legacy...

... words fail me, he was taken so young. He seems like he must have been amazing to family and friends, I am glad he spent some time here.

Oh, to our narrator, the fictional Chris: trust Cindy's work and love, go to the appointment. It's terribly soon after the funeral, but, Chris did not make the appointment for his own convenience, Cindy made it, working with Lorelai, when she could, in hope for the future.

DangDirtyBadgerDangDirtyBadger21 days ago

The story, I thought was superb. This is the first offering on the site that generated a true emotional reaction as I read it. I hope you gift us with more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous