All Comments on 'Dining at the Devil's Backbone'

by BelleCanzuto

Sort by:
  • 12 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Nice story

"Come in costume. Then cum in your costume. That kind of thing." :) :)

theMasterBaitertheMasterBaiterover 4 years ago
Wow.

Creepy and romantic and hot. Nicely done.

coffinbaitcoffinbaitover 4 years ago
Wow

This was hot,romantic and had the spooky element to it! Even though I don't really know what a truncheon is I still thought it was nicely done and I would love you to write more vampire stories!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Wow!

A really good spin on the vampire theme. So much better than Twilight. :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
:)

Magnifique! Thank you for such a great story.

SynSlaveSynSlaveover 4 years ago

That was a good read. More interview with the vampire or Vampire Hunter D (sans action-gore) as opposed to the tepid stuff that's been coming out the last couple decades. You showed she was entranced/captivated without coming out and saying it (unless I subconciously verlooked some descriptors on purpose). Bonus points.

I liked the repetition style for descriptions you used in the beginning. Can't say it was orthodox but it worked for me. With one glaring exception.

"His lips were blood red. They were wine red. They were pale pink." - I get the contradictions that followed. And over all it worked for me. But (as I type this) my brain... impertinent creature that it is, is still screaming, "Well?! Were they red or pink?!" Certainly no issues with the eyes though :) Thanks for writing!

TarnishedPennyTarnishedPennyover 4 years ago
Brilliant

A plausible vampire story, a vampire with a character that extends beyond mere malevolence. Lovely, lovely eroticism and marvelous writing in general.

Contest winner, if there is any justice.

*****

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent

Wonderfully enchanting story. A fare of a different kind that surely will satisfy the HEA crowd, as well as the rest of your 'Happy Halloween' readers. For me, it hit home in a different way. Thank you for the entertaining read and good luck in the contest.

BelleCanzutoBelleCanzutoover 4 years agoAuthor
Gawd, y'all really know how

to make a girl feel good!

thank you all

Belle

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Fantastic

Best story I’ve ever read on here, that’s for sure!

I loved the prose like quality of your writing. It’s really amazingly well done. I love the way Vlad moved from a primal sort of creature to something romantic and then to something more honest and human by the end. Really outstanding!

elamiraelamiraover 4 years ago
Good use of first person point of view.

Trying this again. I posted a comment, but it did not seem to work. Newb here, I likely hit the wrong button. My apologies if this turn out to be a duplicate.

~~~

I usually avoid stories written in the first person p.o.v. for many reasons, all of which the Author avoided. The Author artfully utilized the environment and the action to draw the reader into the character. I did not once feel as if I was trapped inside an internal monologue. Which happens so often in stories written in first person. The Author was also able to utilize the p.o.v. to focus more deeply on the characters, thoughts, feelings and tactile sensations. This resulted in a very sensuous, and engaging story.

FritzRFritzR7 months ago

Written with the heart at the right place and the pulse still strong 😈🤘

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userBelleCanzuto@BelleCanzuto
Thank you all for your comments and your constructive criticism. I've just passed my third anniversary as a published author here, and it's definitely been a learning experience. Well worth it, every day. I haven't submitted new stories in a while, but I'm working on several. ...