Diplomacy: A Princess's Guide Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

After a few moments a nurse came in, looked at Asher and blushed. I couldn't blame her, Asher looked like he was sculpted by a god, sleeping peacefully. His smooth skin and his soft hair made him look much younger than his years. His lashes were long, almost brushing his cheeks. His nose was strong and Roman-like, but suited him perfectly, even with his mouth slightly parted.

"Good morning, Your Highness," she smiled shyly. "I was about to bring the Captain something to eat and his medicine. I'll place the breakfast on the table."

"Thank you, I would appreciate that," I answered. She placed the breakfast tray on a table and quickly rushed out.

I sat down on the chair, watching Asher, as he slowly woke. He furrowed his brows, before relaxing again.

He slowly opened his eyes, confusion replacing the serenity that had softened his features moments earlier, when he was still asleep.

"Hey there, sleepyhead. How do you feel?" I asked and stroked his hair back.

He smiled at the sight of me. "Well, considering everything," he replied with a chuckle and paused, his face tightening. "Gods, I feel like crap."

"The nurse just got you breakfast and pain meds. But you have to get up a bit so eat. After you ate and drank the meds, we will talk."

Asher did as he was told and pushed his body a little higher, wincing with every small movement, so that he could lean against the headboard, carefully, though he puffed slightly, probably due to his soreness.

"Here, this will help with the pain."

He took the meds and washed them down with water.

I helped him get situated, before I sat back in the chair.

Asher grabbed the spoon and ate the eggs in silence, as I sipped my coffee, the nurse had brought me, when she had collected the empty med tray. He had to cut through some very stiff bacon to separate a piece he could chew on, he was rather fast in demolishing his breakfast plate, even if it seemed difficult and painful. I tried not to stare at him.

When Asher was finished, I pushed the empty tray towards the side of the bed, grabbed my coffee mug and looked at him.

"What happened, anyway?" I asked him, before a knock sounded at the door. Seriously?

Asher was too weak to fight and let out a sigh, as the door opened.

"Enya?" Aedan said, stepping into the room. "I should have expected you were here," he added and stopped, his brown eyes flickering back and forth between the two of us, before he entered further and walked up to the bed.

"Captain Asher, I am Prince Alexander Athanasios. We are relieved that you are awake and that your injuries weren't too severe," Aedan said with a formal, yet warm voice.

Ashers brows furrowed again, but he just nodded, eyeing Aedan with suspicion.

"I wanted to talk to you about what happened in the woods," Aedan said, got a chair and sat on it, chest leaning against the backrest, his forearms resting on the back.

"Well, your Highness, that is pretty obvious, isn't it?" Asher growled and pointed to his injuries.

I didn't interrupt, instead I took another sip of my coffee, while I looked between the two of them.

Aedan let out a long sigh.

"That is, what I want to know about. Because my men had specific instructions to take you here, unharmed," he raised a brow.

Asher grimaced, obviously annoyed with the conversation and still obviously hurting. "Funny, because your men felt like cutting the flesh from my bone, when they got their hands on me."

Asher's voice got a lot lower and he was obviously trying his best to keep calm in Aedan's presence, and the Prince himself could be nothing but stunned for once. His mouth dropped open for a moment, his composure faltering in confusion.

"What exactly happened?" Aedan asked, while crossing his arms over his chest, the curiosity dripping from his every word.

I was thinking the same.

Asher looked at him, his jaw muscles twitching, before he turned his gaze to me and I nodded.

"I didn't believe Mary in the first place, Enya wouldn't run away. So I asked a few men that I trusted to search for her. We were roaming through the forests for the last week and yesterday your men found us.

"They launched themselves at us and we fought. When I was on the ground, they kicked me until I heard my ribs crack. And well, I won't go in detail regarding my leg but let me say this, if they should only capture me, they didn't have to do that. After some time, another one of your men appeared and threw them off me," Asher said and rubbed his hand over his face, as if the memories of the last day were weighing him down.

"I don't remember much after that. Next thing I knew, I was in your infirmary," Asher ended and looked back at him with accusatory eyes. He seemed distrustful of the wolfborn and I couldn't blame him.

Aedan stared off into space and a cold knot began to tighten in my stomach as I imagined Asher's torture. I took his hand again, as if I could ward off his bad experience through sheer force.

"You promised, they wouldn't harm him, Aedan," I said, anger bubbling up inside me.

Aedan tilted his head slightly, "I know, that's why I send Carr to look after your men as well."

Wait, he sent Carr? Carr had been the one to drag these assholes off Asher?

"But why didn't your men listen?" I asked, confused.

Aedan shook his head. "The men that are part of our military, follow orders without question. But the lot that found your men weren't in the military. They were from another pack. They don't listen to my orders, I am not their Alpha."

Wait, what? Different packs?

He let out a deep sigh, while his jaw was clenching and unclenching. "I am truly sorry, this happened to you. And I will make sure the ones, that attacked you, will get what they deserve. After the deal I made with Enya you should have been safe."

Ashers had snapped in my direction at Aedens words. "Tell me you didn't make a deal for me, Enya," he asked and I shook my head.

"I had to," I said quietly, "I couldn't risk you getting killed, Asher."

His lips were now on a tight line, which were then pressed together tightly.

"You shouldn't make a deal for me, Enya. You shouldn't have put yourself in this position."

Aedan chuckled, "I am still torn to think you are lucky to have her, because she cares about you so much or if I should petty you, as she is quite... feisty."

The corner of Ashers mouth twitched up and I could have punched them both! The smug assholes!

"Excuse me, I am right here!" I said loudly.

Ashers mouth dropped open slightly and Aedans shoulders were shaking, as he was trying not to laugh.

"You are both insufferable," I said and crossed my arms over my chest.

Aedan cleared his throat, "Anyway, Enya, you and I need to talk. You are still a Princess, you can't hide here."

I looked over at Asher, his beat up body, still covered in bruises, and my stomach made a somersault. "I don't want to leave him."

"Enya, I hate to say it, but Prince Alexander is right. You can't stay here all the time," Asher said.

I let out a deep breath, before I stood up and walked over to him, his hand immediately rested on the backside of my thigh, his thumb stroking my skin.

"Can we have a moment, Aedan? I will be right with you," I said.

Aedan looked down, nodding shortly, as he stood.

"Sure, take your time," he said and then Aedan made himself sparse, closing the door behind him.

I let out another deep breath, trying to control my emotions. "I don't want to leave you," I whispered and cupped his cheek.

Ashers other hand rested on top of my hand and gently squeezed it, while his jaw tightened.

"I don't want you to leave, either. But Enya, you can't stay here forever," he looked up at me with his ocean blue eyes and I swallowed.

I bit my bottom lip hard and fought back tears.

"I will visit you every day. And when I have the time, I will tell you what has happened since I got taken, I promise," I said quietly and my heart stuttered, as Asher pressed his face into my palm, giving me more contact with my skin.

"I will be right here waiting for you," he smiled. This smile melted my heart and I leaned down to kiss him.

His hand moved up my thigh, causing me to shiver, as it traced the edge of my ass.

"Enya," he whispered, before he pulled away, a smirk spreading across his lips. Goddess this man!

"You better get well soon," I flirted and smiled.

"You bet, my Princess," Asher whispered back seductively, pressing a kiss on my hand before I straightened back up.

I rolled my eyes, but couldn't stop the blush that spread across my face. Goddess, the things I wanted to do with him, when he was feeling better.

Quickly I walked out the door and saw Aedan, a wide grin on his face.

"Not one word!" I warned him, my hands clenched into fists.

Aedan's chest rumbled in suppressed laughter.

"Go, get dressed properly, I will wait for you in the library," he said, mirth twinkling in his dark and golden eyes, before he turned and headed back down the staircase.

I didn't reply and just marched towards my chambers.

***

Once I was dressed, I walked into the library.

Aedan was already sitting on the bench, a book in his hands. He put it down, when he saw me enter.

"Have you had breakfast already?" he asked and I shook my head.

"We can eat at the café, they have the best breakfast," he offered and I cursed at my stomach, as it let out a rumble. Aedans head twitched, hearing it, even if we were at a distance.

"Come on, let's get some breakfast for you," he said smiling.

"Fine."

We exited the library and walked down the hall, before we walked out in the city. The sun was shining in the sky and it was already hot outside. I let my gaze wander over the beautiful town of the wolfborn and I could see the differences now to my home kingdom. It was lively here and it wasn't as wealthy.

The café wasn't too far, but the scent of spices and cooked meat made me crave breakfast even more.

We sat down and the waitress hurried over.

"Welcome Your Highness," she said with a wide smile. "What would you like to order?" she asked, looking at Aedan expectantly.

I scanned over the menu that I was given, but my stomach grumbled again and Aedan chuckled to himself.

"Can we have 2 plates of scrambled eggs and bacon with coffee," Aedan said and the waitress smiled at me.

"Of course, coming right up," she replied and wrote it down. She turned around and disappeared into the restaurant.

"You can have as many eggs as you want, I think you will need your strength," Aedan teased.

"Can you give it a rest?" Then I remembered what he had told me about his ability to smell... arousal. Screw that!

He smirked, leaned back and crossed his arms, the grin on his face told me he wasn't going to answer. Great!

I took a deep breath. Well done. Very mature! You know exactly how to diffuse the situation. Now you look like a stupid idiot.

I looked around the small Café we were in. It was very cozy, a few comfortable armchairs and couches, small tables and chairs, the walls were covered in colorful photos, the smell of food, and coffee permeated the room, mixing with the faint aroma of wood. The atmosphere was calming and relaxing and you could see that many people frequented the place.

The waitress came back and placed the plates in front of us.

"Enjoy Your Highness," she said with a smile, and left us in peace.

I couldn't take the smell of the eggs any longer, as my stomach grumbled. I grabbed a fork and knife and started eating. Aedan did the same. We both finished rather fast.

It was absolutely delicious and after Aedan and I had finished our meals, we took a walk in the city. I stared in wonder at all of the unfamiliar shops and wares the merchants sold, from woven baskets of honeycomb and wildflowers to handmade jewelry to furry blankets and pillows.

He showed me a few places that he recommended for eating or shopping, before we took a turn and the white walls of the castle came into view.

"My mother is expecting us for dinner this evening," Aedan said, hands in the pockets of his tight black pants.

I nodded, although I would rather be with Asher. But, I had promised to try to get the wolfborn better, to understand and assess the situation.

"Thank you, Aedan," I said, stopping in front of the castle gates. He turned around, a look of confusion in his face. His dark brown eyes with the golden ring around his iris fixed on me.

"For?"

"Asher. You sent Carr after them, if you hadn't... Asher wouldn't be here." My throat felt thick from unshed tears. Aedan took a step closer. I was barely as high as his chest. Damn men and their height!

Aedan let out a sigh, his hand finding its way into his dark hair, tousling his raven black strands, before he fixed his stance and crossed his arms. He looked even more attractive, when his hair was slightly messy and it bothered me even more. Ugh!

"I wouldn't have done it, if it weren't for your plea. If you didn't promise to try to understand our situation. This kingdom needs you to accept us. And if I have to save your... Captain for it, so be it."

He looked at the ground for a second and bit his bottom lip. It was the first time I had seen him... unsure? Nervous?

I couldn't read the expression on his face and that his hand was still in his hair.

He slowly took a step towards me, his eyes wandering all over my face, as if he was searching for something.

My eyes fixed on his and a shiver ran down my spine. He stepped even closer, his fingers caressed my jawline and a spark flared to life inside me. Goddess, why did he have this effect on me?

Quickly he tumbled a few steps back.

"I am sorry. I shouldn't have touched you like that, forgive me, Enya," he whispered, his voice raspy and uneven.

I looked at him in utter confusion. What in the goddess name had just happened?

He blinked a few times, then I found my tongue to speak again.

"Are you okay, Aedan?" I asked, trying to get some clarification.

"Well, you have changed, since we made that deal. I just wanted to try, if you would slap me, if I got closer but I guess you feel more comfortable around me now," he smirked and I crossed my arms in front of my chest.

"You are unbelievable, Aedan. Just unbelievable," I scolded him, but couldn't fight the smirk from my face.

"My mother expects us at 7pm, wear something nice," he said, before he gave me a charming smile and took off.

That little shit. He did it on purpose, just to screw with me. I could have kicked his ass for this.

Sighing, I went back inside.

***

A few hours later Cecilia had helped me into my evening gown and by now I had noticed that the fashion in Asteria was... different.

The women were wearing their dresses, but they were shorter, revealing their legs and exposing their cleavage. It wasn't really surprising though, the weather would certainly justify short dresses as the temperature would grow hotter during the day.

I looked at myself in the mirror, the soft, light purple dress with a sweetheart neckline fit my figure perfectly and I felt incredibly sexy.

My breasts were pushed up, making them look bigger, while my small waist made a perfect contrast.

The back of the dress was cut out, showing a glimpse of my shoulders. At first I had been hesitant about showing so much skin, but on second thought, it actually wasn't that bad.

My hair fell in waves over my back and Cecilia kept the makeup rather simple, eyeliner and mascara complimented my dress.

I nodded to myself. A girl has to flaunt her looks sometimes, I decided.

I stepped out of my chambers, the heels giving me just a bit more height.

Aedan was already waiting for me in the hall. He wore a white button up, his sleeves were rolled up, revealing his forearms, the first few buttons of his shirt undone, so you could see a hint of his chest. And chest hair.

A light gray pair of straight fit pants framed his muscled legs, ending in brown dress shoes. His ebony black hair was slicked back, without a single strand sticking out.

Gods, he was ridiculously attractive and I didn't like it one bit.

He was staring at me, his jaw slack and his eyes wide. Obviously he thought the same of me.

He blinked and coughed. "Wow!" was the only thing he could bring out, his eyes scanning my body. They fixated on my legs, moving all the way up to my eyes. There was so much heat in his eyes, it brought the blush to my cheeks.

"You are staring, your Highness," I teased and he straightened, putting his hands in his pockets, while he cleared his throat.

"Just trying to admire the view. You look... beautiful."

"As you do as well," I answered and his mouth turned up in a smug grin.

"Don't let Asher know, I am not quite sure if he wants to kill me or not, right now," he chuckled and I rolled my eyes.

"Don't be ridiculous, Asher would never hurt you," I scoffed.

"Never say never," he grinned. He did have a point, but somehow I doubted that.

"Come on then," I answered and started walking towards the Dining hall.

We arrived in the dining room and Aedans mother was already sitting at the head of the table. Carr and Kassandra were there as well and got up, when we entered.

When I saw Carr, I practically ran up to him and wrapped my arms around his neck. Obviously he was surprised, he didn't move at first, but returned the hug.

"Thank you for saving him," I said softly and his large hands patted my back soothingly.

Carr gave me a small smile, "I am glad I could help, Your Highness."

Kassandra was standing beside him and Aedan had walked up to his mother, who was beaming at her son.

"Hello, Mother!" he smiled, as he reached her and kissed her cheek.

"Alexander, Princess Enya, please sit down. We will start right away, I am sure, you are hungry. How is Asher?" she asked, while we all took our seats.

I grabbed the napkin and fiddled it with my hands, a pang of worry coursing through my veins.

"He is a warrior, he will be alright," Aedan said, after I didn't immediately reply. The picture of Asher's leg came into my mind again and I swallowed. My eyes blurred for a second and the bloodstain on the marble was still as vivid as in the present. I still remembered it running hot from his flesh and the metallic scent, mixed with blood, was burned to my memory.

Carr nudged his shoulder against mine and snapped me out of my thoughts.

"He is tough and the worst is over. It will take time to heal, but he will recover," he assured me and I took a deep breath.

His reassuring tone helped me to relax and I looked up at him.

"Thank you, Carr. And I'd like to thank you for what you did out there. It means so much to me."

Carr gave me an adorable, sheepish grin. He obviously wasn't used to compliments.

"There is no need for thank you. It is my duty."

Seeing him blush made me smile, I had never seen him blush and I didn't think he would. Usually he was so cool and collected.

I was interrupted in my thoughts as the doors swung open, servants walked in with platters and began piling the table high with juicy meats and salads, potatoes and fruit.

Queen Orlaith let out a happy sound, clasping her hands together with joy. The two young servants smiled and bowed once they had finished the presentation and left the room.

"That looks incredible, let us enjoy a nice meal together," she smiled warmly, clearly delighted in having the five of us enjoy good food.

As we all started to eat, the conversation stayed relatively light. Kassandra and Aedan talked about recent developments and upcoming plans and what would happen with the upcoming solstice. Apparently things got very... lively here for such events.

They tried to include me, but I didn't even know there were celebrations for the solstice.

"How do you celebrate?" I asked and looked around the table.