Diplomacy: A Princess's Guide Pt. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"A great celebration for the summer solstice. For centuries the wolfborn have gathered around a bonfire to honor the seasons and the goddess Selena. They hold festivities, music and dancing. Many of our traditions stem from those celebrations. On the winter solstice we hold similar gatherings to pray for the return of the summer," Aedan explained.

"That is the most important ceremony for the wolfborn," Kassandra added. "A tradition that is deeply connected to nature. The Wolfborn are the keepers of the wild and the guardians of balance between humans and nature. These traditions have helped our people to grow and flourish through the generations."

It fascinated me to hear this information, as nobody in the human kingdom ever seemed to celebrate the change of the seasons, apart from feasts at court or family celebrations at home. I had always heard that the wolfborn had a deep connection to nature, but I didn't know the extent.

If it weren't for being so wary about anything dealing with the Wolfborn, I would have even considered staying around for the celebrations. It sounded very interesting, I thought. A large party was always appealing and a lot of different things were happening.

Aedan nodded and smiled. "And that is why the solstice is a time of celebration and of reverence. It is a chance to come together with people from other packs and engage in ritual and tradition. It can be quite... Intense."

Kassandra huffed and a playful smirk formed on his lips.

"So it's a bit raunchy?" I asked and looked at both of them, hoping for an answer and clarification. Aedans smirk grew even wider. I could already see what his version of intense would be like.

Aedan chuckled and nodded.

"It can be. But nothing happens without consent," he added quickly.

I could feel myself blushing and I averted my gaze to my plate, where I started to play around with the fork. Kassandra chuckled, next to Aedan and he seemed pretty amused too. Of course they were used to it. And I would bet everything I had, they'd know each other... intimately.

"We also pray to the goddess Selena. Each of us has a sacred place where they meditate and talk to Selena. We call these places 'Selenas Crypts'."

I took a bite and nodded, before I swallowed. "I would love to visit a Crypt one day, if you have no problem with that."

The idea was quite intriguing and I had always been fascinated by history. Knowing the past of the Wolfborn had its appeal to me.

Aedans eyes locked with mine and I knew I had caught his interest.

"Of course. We can go soon, if you like," he said softly and leaned his face to one side. Goddess his eyes were mesmerizing!

I nodded and finished my plate in silence. After everyone was done, they had dessert brought in as well. Fresh berries, dark chocolate cake and warm custard and then tea, wine and brandy. I skipped the brandy, but took another glass of wine, although I had one too many glasses already.

The dinner was filled with laughter and eventually, I started to feel less pressured around everyone, and laughed until I had tears in my eyes at some of Aedans dumb stories.

"How about we play some music tonight, your Majesty? You have played us beautiful music last time we had dinner together, it would be a pleasure for me, if you would play for us again," Aedan suggested and the Queen smiled.

Her eyes filled with pride as Aedans gaze fixed on hers. A small blush grazed her cheeks, as she replied happily, "That sounds like a splendid idea, Alexander."

"I am sure, you want to talk more than listen, but I would love to play for you. Would you mind if we took a stroll through the gardens after dinner?" She turned her gaze to me and gave me a warm smile.

"After sunset it turns very beautiful and especially during this season it really shows. I think your time and patience would be very well rewarded." She looked at me with hopeful eyes and my lips pulled in an honest smile.

"That sounds lovely, your Majesty, I would be delighted to join you," I replied sincerely. I really enjoyed talking to her and so far she had really been quite wonderful in her hospitality.

She smiled at me and nodded, before she stood up and walked out of the room.

A few minutes later she came back in another dress and sat on the large piano in the corner of the room. It was made of mahogany wood and a symbol of wolf carved into its front. The symbol was ornately gilded and shining and made a majestic impression. The white-and-black keys made me instantly curious to hear it.

A soft, but brilliant melody started flowing through the room, reaching me in every note. It felt so personal but powerful and rich and I looked over to Aedan to gauge his reaction. His eyes were fixed on his mother, as she was playing with such ease, while he swirled the amber liquid in his tumbler. She let the emotions seep into the room, making everyone listen attentively.

Aedan walked over to the Queen and bowed, before sitting down next to her, a soft smile on his lips, as he listened to her playing, before he joined in. His skill was breathtaking to see, he never missed a note, the tempo perfectly timed. His long, talented fingers caressed the ivory keys with utter care, as the piece merged in beautiful harmonies and lyrical qualities, leaving me enchanted by their performance. I wondered what his fingers could do... NO! Hastily I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

Kassandra stood up and walked towards the door, followed by Carr.

She winked at me and disappeared. Confused, I looked after them. What were they up to?

When their duet finished I looked at Aedan in sheer astonishment. The way he could play was truly outstanding.

The Queen looked as impressed as me and they gave each other a gentle hug before she stood and sat beside me.

"Well, that was truly impressive, Your Majesty," I said, still astounded by what I saw. I had never really watched anyone of their kind with that ability, at all.

"Thank you, Dear," she answered, before the corner of her mouth pulled slightly to the right. "Should we take a stroll in the garden now?"

I rose from my seat and agreed. Aedan stood as well and gave us both a smile, before he put on his jacket and left us with a curt nod, going down another corridor of the castle, obviously intent on another errand.

We made our way through the halls of the castle, until we were outside in the cool night air, surrounded by the soft glow of the moon, while the stars shimmered above us. A refreshing breeze blew through my hair, soothing the lingering warmth that the heat of the day had brought and chasing away the mild tiredness I had felt from soaking in the warm sun earlier. The beauty that surrounded me, put the most glorious gardens of my own Kingdom to shame. Even at night the sight before me was simply beautiful.

The air smelled fresh and of a multitude of flowers and plants that I couldn't place yet. We started walking through the hedgerow maze of flowers and exotic trees and shrubs and I could hear several birds until we came to a small bridge over a stream that meandered through the large maze like garden and stopped next to a large Oak that must have stood here for centuries and it served as the perfect place to view the large koi pond next to the bridge.

We stopped and looked at the water, flowing over the rocks in the riverbed, the sound of it calming and mesmerizing at the same time. The water glistened in the moonlight. The whole scenery in front of us felt surreal and I let the fresh air wash over me.

"It is a beautiful night," the Queen said, while she looked up at the sky. "I am glad that you decided not to run, but I have to admit, I am surprised. What made you change your mind?"

I thought about that for a second while I was standing at the railing that covered the edge of the bridge, looking at a pond of koi fishes gliding through the water peacefully. Their scales glowed orange and gold in the silvery light of the full moon and they were illuminated by thousands of sparkling crystals.

"I want to know what happened. And you have been very friendly to me. Maybe I am making a mistake by not trying to run. But Aedan promised me, to keep the people that look for me alive. And he did that, otherwise Asher would be dead by now. That is why I am still here," I said honestly.

The Queen had an affectionate look on her face.

"Asteria is a good kingdom, I want you to know that, Princess Enya. We are friendly, we have good people, who would never hurt anybody on purpose. And I am sure, you will find out that we are not your enemy."

I looked up at the clear sky and let out a deep breath. It was easier to take all this in, while the darkness of the night made it somehow peaceful. A strange place for my peace of mind to be secured but strangely true.

"I am not sure, yet," I answered, "but I will try."

"That is all I am asking for." She smiled, before she followed my gaze to the starry night sky.

"I have always loved the night. When the sun sets, the stars appear and the moon is shining, the light is softer, gentler, more beautiful than anything else," she whispered and I was astonished. So far the people in the royal family had an eye for everything beautiful and artsy, which fascinated me. Myself being so unfit in such matters.

I enjoyed the stars twinkling in the night, before I heard the sound of footsteps behind us.

I turned around and saw Aedan approaching us, a soft smile on his lips.

"I would like to walk with the two of you for a little while, if that's okay?" he asked and the Queen nodded approvingly.

We went back on track enjoying the freshness of the night and the glow of the moon.

"You have to understand why we did what we did, Enya. Why we had to bring you here," Aedan suddenly said, while his eyes were on the stream. He couldn't seem to find his words, not a complete first for me by now, he sometimes wasn't very articulate when it came to certain things.

The Queen looked in the distance as if she just didn't want to intrude into Aedans speech.

"I know," I sighed, "you had no other choice. But you have to understand my view on this, you still kidnapped me, Aedan."

He ran one hand through his hair, tousling the waves into a mess. His hands still in his hair, he let his gaze go to the ground, then looked at me with apologetic eyes.

"We are sorry," he said and stopped, while his eyes stayed on me. "I am sorry."

His voice was hoarse, his jaw tightened and in his eyes were sadness, self-blame, sorrow...

"I know," I said again, this time softer. "And I am trying to understand. But it won't happen overnight," I added.

He looked at me, his eyes burning into mine, before he turned away again, the Queen at his side.

"Your kingdom is beautiful, you must be very proud of it," I said, trying to distract them from my discomfort and the silence between us. It was almost overwhelming and I found myself actually... enjoying it.

"Thank you, we try to take care of it. The whole pack is doing their best," the Queen answered, before we walked on. "You will find that we are all very passionate about our home."

The sound of a group of nightingales made us pause and listen. Then another call filled the cool night air, followed by answering songs. The eerie noises started close to us, before the beautiful sounds grew dim.

"What is your favorite part of the kingdom?" I asked and the Queen smiled, her eyes sparkling.

"The woods," she answered. "It is a magical place. It is untouched and unspoiled, the trees reaching towards the sky, while the water flows, free and unfettered. A place that fills the spirit with calm, where the peace is almost palpable and one can hear nothing but the voice of nature. A place to recharge and restore one's self, a place where anything feels possible."

There was a reverence in her voice that hinted at the joy and happiness of getting to visit such a place.

"Do you often go into the woods?" I asked with growing interest.

A wistful expression crossed her features for an instant, before it shifted to excitement. "It is something I strive for to do with greater regularity."

"And yours?" I turned to Aedan and his attention immediately switched from the water to me.

The golden rings around the pupils were darker than usual. I felt entranced, caught in the look he gave me.

"The bright lake," he answered, his eyes shining. "The water is the deepest blue, while the rocks are shimmering white. The silver reflections make the surface glitter like stardust."

"That sounds beautiful, I would love to see that place." I smiled, while he smiled back, his eyes sparkling in the moonlight.

"We have many places, you haven't seen yet, Princess." His lips twitched in a satisfied smile.

"Maybe I'll have a chance to see them, some day," I replied teasingly and saw that same spark twinkling in his eyes, although I couldn't fathom what exactly was happening between us in those last minutes.

"That would be my pleasure, Princess," he smirked.

"Please, stop calling me Princess. I really hate when people use the title, only to avoid using my real name," I said, frustrated that I couldn't be treated normally and Aedan threw me another look, as we walked on towards another pond.

"What would you prefer then?" he asked and I sighed.

"Enya is fine," I shrugged, trying to avoid his gaze. It was easier than looking at him, his hands in his pockets and his stance so much more laid-back and... cocky? Arrogant. And handsome!

"Okay, Enya, it is," he smiled, before he turned back to the Queen. "So, Mother, are you enjoying yourself?"

"Of course, Alexander, it is a beautiful night, afterall," she replied warmly. The stars reflected in her brown eyes.

After some time, we turned around.

"Thank you for a beautiful night, your Majesty, I think I will retire" I said and smiled. "It was a pleasure talking to you both."

"Likewise, Princess," the Queen replied and smiled, while Aedan looked at me.

"Sleep well, Enya," he said and winked, before we parted ways and I made my way back inside.

I wandered through the castle, finding myself in the infirmary in front of Asher's room.

Slowly, I opened the door and stepped inside. The room was dimly lit by a single candle, Asher's bed was tucked in the corner, covered in soft linen, next to the window was a chair with a small nightstand, where a book had been abandoned, with a bookmark.

His leg was wrapped in a splint and a piece of cloth. The only thing he was wearing was a pair of black boxershorts, his body bathed in the moonlight, like pure marble. I drew in a sharp breath and felt heat rush through my body.

Damn, he had an amazing body! His muscles flexed and relaxed while he breathed. The dim candle light was flickering, painting shadows over his torso and my eyes were fixed on him, while I stepped into the room and closed the door behind me.

"Enya... By the goddess, you look beautiful. I didn't expect you to come and check on me," he said softly.

I crossed the distance and took a seat in the chair beside his bed, looking over at him, while my hand reached out to stroke his hand. He watched my every move, sending warmth through my cheeks.

I gave him a warm smile, taking his hand fully in mine, and feeling butterflies when our eyes locked on each other again.

"I had dinner with the Queen and the Prince, hence the dress-up. Do you... want me to go? I just wanted to see you."

My blush intensified and spread to the tops of my breasts, while his dark, hungry gaze wandered down, exploring me. I quickly glanced down and let out a heavy breath, his hard-on visible through the thin fabric.

He grabbed my hand and brought it to his lips, placing a kiss on my knuckles. "Of course, stay, it makes me happy. But seeing you in this... Damn, you are going to be the death of me."

I wanted to touch him so bad, but it would only hurt him. So I swallowed and just interlaced our fingers instead.

"Your leg... I can see you are still in pain. Did they give you anything?" I asked.

His fingers reached out and stroked my hand, before the fingers reached up, drawing lines on my exposed neck. Gently. Tentatively. They trailed down to my chest, while a grin spread across his lips.

"They gave me medicine for the pain, but the worst pain comes from me thinking, how sexy your curves look. Your skin is glistening under the moonlight... Goddess you are so tempting," he said, his gaze never leaving my mouth, before his eyes trailed up my jaw, taking in all my features, causing the warmth between my thighs to amplify, while I swallowed against the growing lump of need.

"Asher, you know how bad I want to touch you, but your ribs..." If he came, while his rib was still broken, he would be in so much pain.

"I know, but damn! You look fucking gorgeous, babe," he said huskily and smirked at me, while his fingers caressed over my collar bones to my chest, rubbing my nipple over the fabric and I groaned in frustration and need.

"If I can't cum, doesn't mean, I have to keep my distance," he whispered hoarsely and I sucked in the air, trying to calm myself. Damn, this was going to be torture. I felt my whole body burn under his gaze alone. I bit my lip. The dress was too tight, I couldn't even slip out and reveal my breasts to him without opening the zipper. And we were still in the infirmary, I didn't know this castle and if anybody was close by. All the possible excuses were running through my head, while I still debated whether it was safe enough.

His lips turned up in a smug grin, before he softly grabbed my hand and slid it inside his boxers. He was so hard, so silky, and he groaned, when my hand touched him. Gods, I wanted to make him cum, but I didn't want to hurt him. Slowly I traced my fingertips over the silky skin and he shivered.

My fingertips traveled down to his balls and then slowly up to his tip and he flinched, when his body tensed.

"Asher, I will hurt you," I said softly and pulled my hand back and he groaned in frustration. However he didn't stop tracing my nipples through the fabric for another few moments and I couldn't help but arch my back into his touch.

"And as much as I love watching you squirm," he said playfully, his hand letting go of me, and returning to his stomach, "you should leave before I get us in a compromising situation."

I let go of a deep breath, I didn't know that I was holding in and nodded. "Goodnight, Asher," I whispered, looking at his strong and muscled body, before I bent down and pressed my lips on his. His tongue plunged past my lips immediately and he kissed me back urgently, causing me to moan quietly and the butterflies to spread in my belly even more. My eyes closed for a moment and we lost ourselves for a while. We broke off the kiss and I drew in a shaky breath, looking back at Asher.

"Gods that was the sexiest kiss I had in a long time," Asher gasped, his lips puffy and his eyes hazed with desire.

I blushed and pulled the covers over him.

"Sleep tight, my wild Captain." I smiled and winked at him.

He placed one last soft kiss on my lips, before he settled back into bed, his gaze still on me, sending hot sparks through my core, until I had left the room and closed the door behind me.

I desperately needed release!

Quickly I walked to my room, making sure my door was locked, before I undressed completely and lay naked on my bed.

Since I had started... things with Asher, I hadn't touched myself and right now my whole body screamed for release.

I let my fingers explore my upper body, and softly, very softly stroked just the tip of my hardened nipple and gods! Wasn't that incredible already? The featherlight touch sent an electric shock directly to my clit. I tried rolling it between my thumb and forefinger, but the soft touches from before were better and I couldn't help but moan softly.