Discovery of the Moment Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
nightshadow
nightshadow
2,776 Followers

"Oh," I said numbly, still not catching on to why she'd mention him now. "What about him?"

"You want us to disappear like him. Take our vengeance out on the worst criminals in the world but be invisible. They don't fear God, but they'll fear us. Like Keyser Soze." She tossed another bite of food into her mouth, now feeling more animated and getting into the spirit of things. "Okay. I can understand that. It even makes sense. But why do we have to sell the house? I mean, that's our house, Dad. I grew up there. It's our home. We've got so many good memories-" Then she put the fork down when I didn't say anything. She was right, it was our home and she did grow up there and there were so many memories attached to it. She watched me and the look on her face softened to tenderness. "Oh, Dad, I'm sorry. God, how I could I have been so stupid? It's killing you, isn't it? That's exactly why you want to move. It's got to be driving you nuts, not seeing Mom around anymore. Everything is still pretty much the way it was when she was alive and, even if we changed every stick of furniture, there's still the memories of her. Every room, every picture... God, Dad, I'm so sorry. I didn't realize..." Her hand reached out to mine and held it there in the center of the table.

"Yeah," I answered meekly as I stared at our hands. "That pretty much covers it."

When I looked back up at her, Kelly's eyes had begun to tear up in sympathy. "You know what?" she said with a loving smile on her face. "Let's do it. Sell the house, Dad. Sell everything. We'll start completely over and put the past behind us. Just you and me. Clean slate. I'll ask around and see if there's a way that we can change our names or something, get totally new identities. I think I know of some friends who can help us and keep quiet about it. We'll disappear and start fresh. And, if anybody comes looking for us, they'll find that we've just dropped right off the planet, destination unknown. Fuck 'em all."

------------------------------

Author's note: Again, your votes and comments are CRUCIAL to me! Please take a quick moment to provide either or both. The more feedback I get, especially in the Public Comments section, the more likely I am to work that much faster on the next chapter. Thanks for taking the time to read and I hope you enjoyed what I've done so far!

nightshadow
nightshadow
2,776 Followers