All Comments on 'Distractions Ch. 08'

by HotSprings22

Sort by:
  • 27 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
amazing

really great chapter. i cant wait until red gets over her insecurities though

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
hotness!

excellent chapter... I'm such a fan of Gavin and Red!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Finally!

Any man that makes you feel inadequate is hiding his own in adequancy. Gavin gave her time, reasurance and pleasure. She just has to get her groove back and enjoy it. Hopefully, she tells him about it and also about her lack of protection.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
OMG

Oh my freaking GOD! This chapter was HAWT! Don't keep us waiting too long for the next one. Can't wait to see how Gavin reacts to the idea that he may have knocked Isabelle up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
OMG

Oh my freaking GOD! This chapter was HAWT! Don't keep us waiting too long for the next one. Can't wait to see how Gavin reacts to the idea that he may have knocked Isabelle up.

hotcocoa6904hotcocoa6904over 15 years ago
Its about time...

...that they got it together. But I have a feeling that she is going to screw something up. She has to get over these insecurities. She thinks too much and asks questions too little. Both of them just need to put it out on the table and maybe this can work. Great job!

jennaheartjennaheartover 15 years ago
WOW

What a great chapter! He is so perfect, and sweet. You can tell he really knows her. I´m loving these characters...ok, i´ll be honest. I love Gavin.

KoollavaKoollavaover 15 years ago
Well Done!

I love everything about this story and now it makes sense why Bella shyed away from Gavin. Please continue and don't make us wait to long for another chapter.

savannuhsavannuhover 15 years ago
Awesome!

I love LOVE this story. I'm sure I've said it before. You know, I actually like Red. She's so different from the prissy helpless girls that always seem to star in stories like these. Gimme a girl that likes beer and football anyday.

<br>

<br>

The only problem I have with her are the huge amounts of self-doubt she heaps on herself. I know Wilson did her dirty... but damn. There comes a point when you just need to talk to the other person. I don't get why she doesn't just tell Gavin what happened and ask that he make his intentions clear. But then again... people do exactly what Red and Gavin are doing in real life (not communicating, and instead, choosing to have mind-blowing sex) - so I guess I can't be too mad. Heh, this story is sexy and frustrating.

<br>

<br>

I certainly love the realism, and though each character has their flaws... they are people I can relate and probably know. Keep up the wonderful work and thanks for sharing your talent! :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
The flow...

I love your story, I do, but something was off with this chapter. I think it was the character of Red and then the situation...Remember that she wanted Wilson back for a bit? Why would she want him back if he raped her? I know its plausible but this is Red we're talking about, fiesty, funny, sassy red. I think that the scene with Wilson was a bit extreme, though I can see how she would allow him to do those things to her being that she was an insecure virgin at first. I don't know--overall, great story but this chapter seemed out of place. Good sex with Gavin but out of place.

shyafrochicshyafrochicover 15 years ago
Amazing!!!!!

I don't have enough words in my vocabulary to say how awesome this story is. I sitting in my room truly awestruck by your writing.Your just Bomb!!!!

honeyrider1517honeyrider1517over 15 years ago
Great

I want one of him, GAVIN. LOL! Loved it. Can't wait for the next chapter. Keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
grammer anyone?

I like the basic concept of your story but do you have anyone editing your work at the moment? Because your spelling and grammer is all over the place, either because you're rushing out the chapters or it's just not a strength of yours, but I notice that it hasn't always been the case in some of your other work. If you work on keeping on top of that sort of stuff it just makes it easier for your fans to enjoy your stories! It also makes the difference between being an average writer or a great one!! Keep up the good work though, because this story is pretty cool and I'm enjoying it. Cheers:D

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Agree with the others!

Firstly...love, love, love this story! Poor grammar and spelling are distracting. The nature of the sexual relationship between Gavin and Red is a bit sadistic. She is turned on by Gavin's advances IMMEDIATELY after having a nightmare about sexual assault??? You created a character who doesn't seem to fit in with dysfunctional behavior...then, again...it is a fantasy! Maybe this should have been two chapters? This chapter does seem rushed and/or inappropriate.

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
GrammAR anyone?

First off, your chapter is amazing. Do not take advice of the person who can't even SPELL grammar correctly and doesn't even have grammar skills. Although that person may not be a writer, his/her grammar is just as important as yours. Let me say that the grammar in the story DOES NOT hinder comprehension at all. I was still able to read with a clear understanding. C'est parfait, ma copaine.

soularsoularover 15 years ago
Great story!!

Okay, first off, I commend you for putting your art out there for everyone to critique, especially something that doesn't fit into a pretty little romance box (and I mean that as a compliment). It's not an easy thing, trust me, I know! And you work so hard on something...only to have a few tear it down in just a few minutes, can be irritating. So, kudos to you for continuing to update this great story!!

Now...on to Red and Gavin...who by the way, are soooo hot together. I love the whole friendship/lovers aspect of it. When you feel that person knows so much about you already, only adds to the passion. And it's definitely a story that gets you hooked...and doesn't let go!! Fantastic job!!!

Soular

dylan_Jdylan_Jover 15 years ago
keep doing your thing!

hey ive been reading the comments and frankly i disagree with the negative ones. you have great talent so ignore those and keep up the good work sugar. as a budding writer i applaud your ability to reach this far, cant wait to read this chapter

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Criticism is not always negative.

The lovely Hotsprings set a high standard, and now some of her readers are encouraging her to keep up the good work! Great story. Great editing makes an EXCELLENT story :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
Word of Advice...

I've read this story from the beginning and loved your work. I still do. Please ignore those people who tell you to ignore those giving your "negative" criticism. Seriously, all constructive critcism is positive. I've written pieces, and had some harsh criticism over most of them, but you know what, what doesn't kill you...yes, only makes you better! Yes, I know you feel as if you spent alot of time writing something only to have it attacked but they are just giving honest opinions. They still love the story. You can take the opinion or not--choice is yours. Good writing. Don't get caught up in this whole bashing the critiquers--its not worth the readers you'll lose.

soularsoularover 15 years ago
To Australia...the beautiful...

Which by the way, I just saw that film by Baz Luhrman...it was fantastic!!!

I just wanted to comment on what you said. I defiitely agree with you as far as taking constuctive critcism. I think that's an important part of writing, and can many times make you even better! BUT...I think sometimes people differ on what they feel is 'constructive'. That is a whole new discussion...but I think that's why some say to ignore the negative comments, b/c they feel there's nothing redeeming about them.

And I would like to point out, that critcism along w/ the voting system on Literotica can be a little confusing for the author. Like below...someone claims they love this story, but feel the grammar is distracting, yet they gave her a 0--which based on the Stars..means, "I hated it". Now, in my humble opinion, that's a tad harsh, considering they said they liked it.

But I will also say that I think you are write as far as being the author...not getting involved in what the readers comment. I've seen some authors post on their board blasting any negative reviews...or deleting them, and as the author, I don't think that should be done. But again, in my humble opinion, so definitely agree with you on that!

But great job on this story!!

Soular

mrskelleymrskelleyover 15 years ago
LOVING IT!

Scrape the haters!!! More please!

AnonymousAnonymousover 15 years ago
what happened..

im so addicted to this story.. what happened too it ive been checking everyday cant wait to find out what happens next.

AnonymousAnonymousover 14 years ago
>_<

So I'm re-reading this story and I cannnot believe how SEXY Gavin is and how AMAZING this story is. If only he were real...AHH! On to the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 14 years ago
Hot and well-written... Wow!

This chapter has me both admiring your story line and character development and trying to keep from moaning out loud. It's not often that a writer can accomplish these two things at once: a fantastically written story with real characters and hot, hot, HOT action!! Gavin and Red are great together, and I love the antagonism- it just makes it that much sweeter when they finally do get together. You are a wonderful writer with a lot of promise, so keep up the lovely work :)

london101london101over 11 years ago
oh man

it's getting good noww!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Keep the good work...

Good chapter. I like Isabelle, both when she is badass and when she is emotional but she overthink to much. I get that she had insecurities and that asshole Wilson twited her even more, but sometimes it is too much overthinking, nearly half a chapter of her ramblings, it itiresome and annoying. It almost felt like unecessary stalling on the part of the author, all that inner talk. And the pregnancy scare: please don't go that road, it is so cliché!!! Would also love to have more of Gavin inner thinking, it is good to switch POV, it helps lighten a little bit 'cause Isabelle is too much sometimes. And what about having a little bit of Brenden also? As the 3rd part of this amazing trio, it could be interesting to have also a bit of his POV...

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago

Up until she was late for work it was hard to tell how old the characters were. They are very juvenile. And some of the back and forth friend, lover and his games didn’t make sense.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous