Divorced Don and Sarah - Life Goes On

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
OneWhoKnows
OneWhoKnows
137 Followers

I answered. "Of course. I'll see you then."

She replied. "Thank you." And hung up.

Now I was worried. What's happened or is about to happen. I guessed I'd find out in an hour.

I heard Sarah's car. A couple of minutes later she knocked.

I opened the door. "Sarah, come in and tell me what's wrong."

She stepped in, gave me a long, tight embrace, and a nice kiss.

She stepped back and asked if we could sit down.

I answered. "Of course. Let's sit here on the couch."

Something was obviously bothering her. I had no idea what... but I had to find out.

I reached over and put my hand on her knee like I had done so many times since we met. Now we were connected.

I spoke softly. "Sarah, I can tell something is really bothering you... But I need you to tell me. You know we can talk about ANY subject. Nothing is off limits. Tell me what has you upset."

Sarah wiped a tear from her cheek. "I don't know where to start? I don't know how to explain it. You know you're my best friend."

I answered. "Just start with whatever comes to your mind. I've told you I'm a good listener."

She wiped another tear from her cheek. Hesitated... and just blurted out..."He found me! That young man you talked about. At the conference. He works for the same company I do and his office is only 10 miles from mine. We sat at the same table at the conference. He invited me to dinner after the conference was over. We had a nice dinner and talked about just everything in the lounge until after midnight. He wants to take me to dinner Friday night. How do I choose?"

I took her hand and stood up. She stood up. I took her in my arms and just held her tight. Finally I released her from my embrace and looked in her eyes.

I spoke tenderly. "Sarah... I don't know how to be happy and sad at the same time. I told you that someday a young man would come along and find you. I just didn't expect it to happen so quickly. The only choice for you to have dinner with on Friday night is with a young man who I hope is truly 'the one'!

Sarah let out a long sigh... "It was so strange. After your 'challenge', and an amazing evening and night with you... I thought about who I wanted to be. I decided I wanted to be an open and honest person like you are. I went to the conference dressed in a business skirt, stockings and heels... And a snug fitting sweater with nothing under it. NO false advertising! By pure chance Ron was seated next to me. We introduced ourselves, and chatted as the conference went on. He's 28, kind of shy, never been married so has no children, and lives 12 miles from me but we each had to fly 500 miles to meet each other. It was an instant attraction for both of us. I still can't believe this is happening."

I was still holding her at the waist. I spoke tenderly again. "You can-not argue with fate. Things happen in our lives for reasons we may never understand. We met and became best friends. We shared ourselves and our thoughts openly. We thoroughly enjoyed our time together. Honesty and trust are very important. The most important thing in a relationship is communication. If two people are able to keep these things in mind there is a great chance for happiness. I sincerely want... what makes you happy. You will always have a place in my heart. I hope you will find the time to call me once in a while to tell me how you are doing. Tell Ron about me. Tell him I wish the best for the two of you. I am sad there will be no more date nights... but I will never forget them. "

We shared a few more parting words... a few more parting hugs and kisses.

Suddenly Sarah said. "Don, thank you for everything... You will always have a place in my heart. Saying good-bye is hard... I have to go."

She walked out to her car and drove away. I can only hope that she is too busy enjoying life to call me. I wish her the best. I have great memories to remember a short term friend... Life goes on.

OneWhoKnows
OneWhoKnows
137 Followers
12