All Comments on 'Do You Like My Smile?'

by The Style Guy

Sort by:
  • 317 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
That could have been a very good story

if you'd taken the time and made an effort to write a whole story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
what happen next

how it finish.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

Good story, but it ended just as you'd got me drawn into it! The confrontation after she was discovered and the aftermath would have been interesting... I imagine she'd be heartbroken to find out how he discovered she was cheating. That something he'd loved about her gave away the fact that she was a deceitful slut.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
StyleGuy

That was a. short, pointed BTB written with real style. I.love it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
I liked it for as far as it went.

It was a thoughtful, well written observation from ONE persons point of view. But none of these stories is ever as good as they could be without a look into the mind of the other offending spouse. At least not in my humble opinion. See there? I spelled it out! I hate text-speak acronyms.

ju8streadingju8streadingalmost 5 years ago

i do hope you continue this a bit further.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Solid and to the point. I liked it.

Thanks for the story.

Cog

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Where's Early?

I don't really see what Early had to do with it, i'm one of those who prefer to read about the what happens after the service, but still a good little story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Top Drawer

Too many of us do not have the timing to pull the the trigger so to speak... Many of us are too trusting of our spouse. thanks a solid 5

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
Damn!

This was a very well written short.

You definitely got my interest in your characters established and I find myself wanting to know them more.

The story is perfect and complete as is.

I don't see a different outcome because there is no bullshit excuse for her behavior.

All the same, your illustration of characters makes me wonder more about them.

I would have loved Early to be this decisive!

Impo_64Impo_64almost 5 years ago
Very good story...

Very good story...To the point, no need for talking bullshit, trust and respect gone, so is the marriage...The only thing burnt, her mother's china...4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not man enough

Not man enough to keep her satisfied, not man enough to just walk away. He just had to prove what a little bitch he was. 1*

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 5 years ago
Nicely done

And an interesting take on this subject matter.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoalmost 5 years ago
you have to write more...

you can't leave us hanging here!!! so much more to tell! love your work and this story needs more!

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

I'm confused. You're wondering about Early in 2019, but are writing about two different people?

Maybe it was good old AutoFill, but it's India Pale Ale, not Indian! If you want to add more color to a story rather than simply saying a "beer," you should be sure of what your saying.

"Joy, you turn me down for sex at least twice a week. If I turn you down once a year, you whine like a fucking four year old." - I know this has to do with his suspicions, but I think it is true. It's perfectly normal for a wife not to be "in the mood," or whatever, and the husband is expected to accept it with good grace, but if SHE'S "hot to trot," it's considered abnormal for him to not jump at the chance.

"I knew (in my gut) Joy was having an affair." - It WAS possible that she's not having an affair yet, but if his suspicions were correct, and they were, she was having the type of relationship that can easily lead to an affair. Her being at home meant nothing; she might be having the guy over there.

Ended too soon.

HippySwingerHippySwingeralmost 5 years ago
What an asshole

These btb stories are so stupid. Intelligent people accept that one person cant be everyting to someone else forever. Even if you cant handle that, at leat act like an adult, instead of a four year old who had his toy taken away.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great Take on old story!

5 (I wish I could give you more)

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 5 years ago
You need to direct people to the Troubador Not the Troubadour

as the latter takes you to a gay male story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

that is the way to dump a cheating whore love it write more of the same

patilliepatilliealmost 5 years ago
Not a bad short story

but what did this have to do with Troubadour's story? I dont get the connection.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
But why are you doing this?

Were her last words.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
good start

hoping you continue it

wonder203wonder203almost 5 years ago
Great story

Wish it was just a bit longer to understand why if she loved him so much that she could not just cheat but to actually live with someone else when he was travelling.

dragonmann72dragonmann72almost 5 years ago
Good...

but not finished.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I didn’t like or care about anyone in this story

Good thing it was short

dob092095dob092095almost 5 years ago
Great story.

Yeah, longer would be better and maybe a follow up but what needed to be said was said. If it were me, I’d be happy for her to make booty calls till I find another, but it’d be like having a ho. When trust and respect are gone, what’s love got to do with it? Yeah, I stole that.

I loved hippyswingers comment. Retard, probably raising someone else’s kids.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@HippySwinger

What an asshole?

"These btb stories are so stupid. Intelligent people accept that one person cant be everyting to someone else forever. Even if you cant handle that, at leat act like an adult, instead of a four year old who had his toy taken away." - Listen, if you are happy swinging, great! More power to you. But why do you feel it necessary to deride people who don't share your views as less intelligent?

Despite the high divorce rate, a statistic by the way that I think might be driven by the failure of subsequent marriages, NOT by the number of first marriages that fail, I believe that most people find that one person IS everything to them forever, or is at least enough for them.

SanzegoSanzegoalmost 5 years ago
Ummmm.....

Shame on you for not including the conclusion here but Im guessing you wanted your reader's mouse to hover over the Loving Wives page..., searching, for your inevitable conclusion. We can wait though. ..... there is a conclusion coming, right? The wife's side to this sad tale. 🌟🌟🌟🌟

moblanemoblanealmost 5 years ago
AND THEN?

This had all the elements of a good story but it was only the trailer(Promo) I agree with the general consensus of the other comments that it was incomplete and unfinished. The storyline is attractive and shows promise, I hope you finish it.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 5 years ago
Not complete

Half a story

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Wow, okay until he destroyed her personal stuff...

Listen all you BTB guys. If you destroy HER property you will pay and pay and pay. YOU CAN NOT DESTROY GREAT GRANDMAS CHINA, you will be fucked in every way the judge can do it. It does not belong to you, it belongs to her and her children, NOT YOU.

As for her employer, you DONT HAVE STANDING. Most companies do not have any problem with employees dating. I have dozens of examples of CEO's who found their Nth trophy wife in the staff. I have filed several times against wife/husbands company only because the client insisted. I have yet to have a judge hear the petition, in several cases the filings were dismissed with requirement that we (my client) pay the cost of the companies legal expenses in their defense (not common but enough to make me tell the client that it could happen).

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
yes

That's how you handle a cheating whore. Good riddance bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
There won’t be a 50/50 split now.

The story was based on a somewhat original premise. 3/4’s of the way through it I just knew that I was going to rate it a 4 or a 5 star story. Then it devolved to one of the usual cliches. Revenge! When he broke all of her property except her clothes, he went from a wronged spouse to at least a jointly at fault party in the eyes of the law. In fact, the value of what he destroyed is probably measurable in dollars, while her infidelity is probably not under general current law. Almost without exception, he has no claim against the accounting firm. I thought that we’d get a story about the emotions and motives of both parties, and thus the high rating. Instead I got a well written standard LW story. Thus, a 3 star rating.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 5 years ago
Well that was short and sweet.

But I read on another site that he never made Susan a cheater just a lier. He wanted to see what other writers would turn it into almost all made her a cheater . Still I don't get the connection between the two stories. Thanks for the read!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Well written, classic BTB

But I am unsure why you referenced "How high a price". If it was only to set the idea of his "smile" being ruined, I guess that worked. It seemed unnecessary. I'm sure Chris's lawyer would have told him that throwing Joy out of their home was illegal and that destroying any of her possessions would have resulted in a large bill for Chris. Those were the reasons I gave the story 3 stars instead of 4 stars. Chris did stupid things and the story is unfinished in my mind. It's the confrontations that are interesting in this type of story and your story lacks those confrontations. Good read though.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Connection

I think the preface was misleading. I don't think he actually intended a connection, then he further confused things by idly wondering how Early might be doing now.

About the only connection is that both husband's were smiling good-natured guys.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Lots of details that sound real

The husband sounds broken and the reader feels his pain.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I liked it, but ended too quickly. Most readers here have gotten used to epilogues, might wanna consider it.

MaxiMilfMaxiMilfalmost 5 years ago
Finish the story

There's so much more you can do with this. Excellent writing. But once again after reading an LW STORY, I'm left with "That's it?"

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Needs a part 2

4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Misleading preface

The Preface to the story was misleading, by suggesting, this was the same character in the earlier story, 16 years later. Rated three stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Thanks for sharing...

In my limited opinion you did the original story justice, however you left the ending to definitive for my taste. This tale is a classic in the LW & to try & conclude a story like that in a one sided monolog seems somewhat deflated to say the least, (BTB always score high) Hopefully someone will pick-up the story again & give it the conclusion the original deserves.

Thanks again.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Ccontradictory Ending

First you write, "Joy would fight any divorce proceedings to the bitter end..." However, you end it by being explicit regarding the action against the firm and by stating he is lumbering out of her life. The two, combined, would rather put an end to dragging out the divorce. The proposed offer would probably require a NDA, but fighting the divorce would require making public the reason, and the reason would be covered by the NDA.

<P>

As for punctuating dialogue, you do NOT put a sentence/paragraph break between the narrative that introduces the dialogue and the dialogue. They are considered part of the same sentence. For example,

<P>

As she handed Joy a large, yellow, legal-size envelope, she announced,

<P>

"Joy Harrington, you are served."

<P>

No.

<P>

As she handed Joy a large, yellow, legal-size envelope, she announced, "Joy Harrington, you are served."

ValintValintalmost 5 years ago
Meh

Just once, I want to see a second chapter to this kind of story, in which the husband finds out how much he fucked himself over, as the replacement costs for all of her possessions get taken out of his share of their money, the suit against the lover and his company is dismissed (with the possibility of him having to pay their costs to defend against for a baseless lawsuit), and him discovering that he's pretty much forfeited any goodwill among their friends/family by making it a "they're both assholes, so let's not get in the middle of it" kind of thing.

I wish I knew where the "if your wife and her lover work together, you get to become a millionaire!" concept came from. Unlike alienation of affection (which at least used to exist outside of North Carolina), the "I'm going to sue my wife's company for not enforcing their morals clause" is something that has never existed. It's just such a moronic fantasy in which a cheated-upon husband at least has a level where he comes out of the situation a winner.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
TURD IN THE PUNCHBOWL

Thats the way to do it!!! Just like that the 2 cheaters are a "TURD IN THE PUNCHBOWL," ENOUGH SAID!

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Would Love More

While the characters were not completely fleshed out, they still were three dimensional and rose out through the story. I would love more.

As painful as this is for him, and I cannot imagine the pain after 30 years of being with someone, it's still ultimately his choice to make if he will eventually move on or not with his life and choose to be happy again ("life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it").

I would also be interested in her take on what brought her to the affair, and how she now handles the breakup of what the MC says is a marriage and love that means a great deal to her as well. Is the pain less for her because she has the fall back option of Steve. Just like if the MC had a hot assistant who has always shown interest in him and he really liked but never explored because he was married, this loss would be less painful with that option to explore. Loss is usually as meaningful and painful as our alternate options.

My interest is not so much for her reasons or excuses, but I'm always interested in human psychology and behavior. And often we are able to learn most, even about our normal behavior, from our deviant from norm behaviors. That's why I would be interested in hearing from her.

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 5 years ago

People moaning about the husband breaking grandma's china are kind of missing the point.

His wife betrayed him and broke his heart, so he smashed her most treasured possession. He wanted to hurt the bitch... and I doubt the husband cared if he got billed for it. Besides, grandma wouldn't want a whore using her best crockery.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Oh the Horror!

Some people seem to be under the impression that breaking the China is going to cost him big bucks in the divorce. I have news for you. Young brides don’t want China. You can buy sets of used China for next to nothing,now days.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
And?

And then?

Nothing new here and it is unfinished.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
HippySwinger

From the venom in your comments I believe that you must be swingerjoe returned in bellbottoms and long hair. Although you could be his pothead cousin dreaming of free love in Pelosi's nasty city.

oldbearswitcholdbearswitchalmost 5 years ago
Well done TSG. A bit OTT with the truck, but for a quickie it was good.

Like JDAP, I would have liked more depth, but WTF, in the end cheaters rationalization is all crap anyhow.

TY!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
This story was really good...

...would like to see another chapter. 5 stars..thanks!

Loklie

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Nipplesandwine

I don't know who "he" is, but if you mean the Troubador, you're wrong, Susan was always a cheater, it was something she felt she "owed" Stickner.

Richie4110Richie4110almost 5 years ago
There must be more to this!

You’ve set the stage but the real story is what happens next and going forward to them, the family, the settlement and the relationships. So far you’ve submitted the first few innings of a 9 inning game.

Thanks for the read.

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 5 years ago
Abrupt ending

The ending to this well written story is like the endings of the stories PAPATOAD writes just a spectacular episode and "the end". I would like to see a second part to explain why a wife so in love with her husband would get herself into such a situation and where these people go from the driveway disaster.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You got to be kidding.that dumping of her Possessions was a criminal act.

This was shitty payback that was illegal. He will pay for all damages. Why bother ,also you cannot kick your wife out of the home you shared all your life. Total bullshit . The author made it feel good. But his lawyer would butt his head for such an act. It’s now 50 50 plus damages and she is allowed back in the home. He can be arrested . So much for this bull. Another point serving Steve Miller was a waste of your money and the courts in 44 states could care less.. please when you write a story make the facts work.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Now that's the way to do it.

What's a few broken crocs compared a broken marriage and shattered future.

5*

Storm113Storm113almost 5 years ago
Needs to be longer!

Really needs more. You gave to much detail to be a flash story. Please expand and extend. Still 5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Needs a second chapter

Need's a fall out chapter

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Why?

Why do fool insist on posting these bullshit non erotic stories on this site? It takes a fucked up person to get off on these.

enderlocke27enderlocke27almost 5 years ago
yummy

but i need more please. man this story would be so good with some aftermath. i know im thinking she seemed to be doing the cheating in a loving affair way while he was on business trips. was she doing this through the entire marriage? agh man i need more. ok well loved it, but damn need more lol

stinger82stinger82almost 5 years ago
Good story

When is chapter 2 coming out? I want to see what happens next!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
You're really into sex and fucking, but not so much into people and what makes them tick.

Isn't it interesting, the difference between what the author wants to write about and what the reader wants to read about. Why and how this supposedly loving wife became her boss's lover and slut is really interesting, I bet. What happened to her grandmother's clock and china, who cares?

It was really a missed opportunity, but maybe you are simply playing to your strengths, and glossing over or ignoring your weaknesses.

His analysis of his wife twisting her hair while talking to her boss was compelling, dramatic, and so insightful. Then the next minute you turn the husband into a petulant child, and he stays that way to the end. I suspect the juvenile lashing out response is more in tune with your own thinking and feelings than what a more mature intelligent husband might do.

A real man would have sat her down and explored whatever slight possibility there might be to explain and understand his wife's betrayal. He would already have all his pre-divorce ducks in a row, and he would have already consulted with their children. The wife has demonstrated in every possible way that matters that she no longer respects her marriage, her husband, her children, or herself. If she has come to love her boss Steve then she can own that and bear the consequences like a grown woman. If she has simply become a cheating whore who wants to have her cake and eat it too then she needs to have her husband and children explain what her actions have done to their future relationships. If she has any hope and desire of explaining and reconciling than she should be listened to. That's what adults do. A fire set slowly, deliberately, and openly burns just as bright and hot as a surprise explosion. And the slow relentless progression of the destruction is the most severe sort of pain and torture, if that is one of the husband's goals.

Of course the marriage is over. An interesting but unanswered question is, how could this formerly loving wife, mother, lover, and friend, turn into such a relentless betraying lying cheating slut, desperately in love with another man, fucking her brains out at every opportunity, and the husband had no clue until he sees some small subtle tell, long after the wife's heart and mind have left him in the dirt? He noticed her twirling her hair, but he never noticed her distancing herself, her loss of interest in her husband and their romance, her weird contrived explanations of how she spent her time while her husband was traveling out of town. Her kids never came home or called her unexpectedly while she was practicing for her honeymoon over at Steve's house? The husband never hears friends asking the wife where she was all week while her husband was out of town? The husband never visits his wife at work unannounced to go for lunch, and finds out his wife called in sick that day, as did her boss? The husband never discusses her boss's private life, like does he date, have a girl friend, or is he queer? The husband never sees his wife and her boss, even for a moment, exchanging "the look", that every man instinctively recognizes when a woman glances at her lover, and her eyes and facial expression reveals the relationship?

You can push a bunch of unrelated pieces together and call it a character to make your plot work, but it doesn't. Its just an unbelievable contrivance that comes off lame and silly. The wife really loves her husband, but she's in a deep emotional and physical fuck fest with her boss, without any other change in her personality, her behavior, her attitude. Sure, its possible, but is that what you are going to hang this plot on, a 1% or less chance of possibility? Women who think and act like this whore are about as hard to spot as a turnip in a fruit salad. You can see, smell, and taste the deceit, the contempt for her husband, and the arrogant self righteousness for her "fling", or "tryst", or "love affair". "Oh, we tried to resist, but the attraction was just too great, too visceral, too strong to be denied. I didn't want to hurt you. It was just about to end." Hell, we didn't even get that much of an explanation or description of what the wife was thinking. Just dump and break all her shit in her lover's front yard. Yeah, take that bitch! Boy, her sure showed her. I think that might have been the whole problem in their marriage. She discovered she had married a very cute boy, with a sweet smile, and then she found out what a man was like, and made the swap. So the boy broke her toys and left her. I'm sure she'll be really regretful, that she didn't initiate the divorce herself, sooner. She really liked that clock. The boy, he'd already been replaced. Almost as easily as she'll replace the clock and dishes.

Thanks for the effort. Hope you use the same imagination and energy to write a plausible story about realistic people someday.

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Anon@Why?

I would guess it is opposition to fool who keep posting these non erotic cuck stories all the time. You think?

argeelogargeelogalmost 5 years ago
Cute but

Like so many other authors, you left out the "why" and other details. It would ne nice if you did a followup to this story.........please.

ThematchthatBurnsThematchthatBurnsalmost 5 years ago
Please write chapter two.

We need the full description of the revenge! The broken woman and the destroyed man!

Go for it!

FD45FD45almost 5 years ago
It had a good opening nuance

and it continued. However, we are stuck with 'the magic slut ray'. How did she get there? And what happened afterward?

Just an observation, but when it comes to porn, the details matter. I still remember a Slirpuff story, not because it was well constructed, but because he mentioned that the woman was shuffling along with her hand over her snatch to keep the cum from getting on her rugs. Realism.

So if I am watching Drama Porn instead of Fap Porn, I'd like to see a little more emotion and conflict developed. The truck scene was a nice touch.

This is the first two acts. Where is the third?

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
@Anonymous Re: Why?

Why do fools keep complaining about "non-erotic" stories? It's painfully obvious that the categories are what they are; the mods aren't going to change what they allow, and authors aren't going to change what and where they post.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Not finished.

A good start, but not quite finished. I gave this story five stars, simply because it begins to show how some spouses can so cavalierly take on a lover through disrespect of the other spouse. don't pay any attention to those who put your story down. You are basically writing for the readers entertainment. This was a good start on a BTB story. Now finish it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

I thought it was a good real feel story. He sees a action that he knows well and goes from there. It’s hard to catch because she probably does love him and seems to be based on the story doing it when he’s away on business only . Up until recently with all the sexual harassment this is very common. All friends that work or have worked in the city for large companies say the cheating is almost everyone there. Forget the travel for business ones. It’s a total fuck fest either with coworkers or a easy pick up with another travel for work person at the hotel which is usually a common hotel for business travelers. In NYC outside and in the lobbies of the more popular hotels are many PI’s. The guys that I know all say that the cheating wives all have a common bunch of excuses but swear they still love their husband. He’s probably doing the same, there sex is just routine after so many years, they feel they missed out by getting married young, or it makes them feel younger and helps there sex life at home etc etc. All bull shit to in their minds excuse them for acting like the whore pig slut they are. One said , he was in his early 20’s that the married older ones with kids almost his age were the best . They would do anything to show they can be young like him . He said he always fucked there ass and came on there faces or made them swallow. They also said the cheaters all loved the dirty talk while fucking . Most said that they would meet a lot of hubbys at company functions and that most were good guys. One friend even started fucking one of the woman he was fucking 22 year old daughter. He used that to have her allow a dp with another guy from the job who was black and he did that on purpose because she hated him . He was alway rude to her . He said that weekend business trip was crazy and they had her do everything possible sexually you could think of from rimming to dick slapping her face to both giving her facials to the regular taunts while they dped her switching back and forth . He said they loaded up on viagra plus being young they were hard and fucked the whole time . The other guy was saying while he was roughly fucking her mouth how he knew she was a pig and wanted his black cock , he was very mean with the talking while they fucked her for two days . At one point while dping her with him in her ass and pulling her face up to look in the mirror as they pounded her relentlessly he was saying how they were going to have this same fun with her daughter in two weeks in Vegas and she can’t wsit. That wasn’t true the daughter said no way to a threeeome. But some of that trip was on video so I know it was true. So you never know when your wife / girlfriend is cheating at work or on the road or on the job.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Comments Regarding Breaking Her Stuff

When I was a kid there was this big rabid looking dog camped in front of our doorstep. I think I was like 6 or 7 and took something heavy to throw at him. My uncle, who happened to be there, took that object from my hand and gave me something light. He said you throw that heavy thing at him and hurt him he is going to come after you. You throw something light that's not going to hurt him, but scare him, he will run away.

What he did was not that bad. He says his wife is someone that loved him and cherished their marriage. She will see his actions as justifiable and not come after him for that stuff. If he took it much further than that that it would have forced her hand to retaliate. For example, stealing all their money, going after grandma herself, etc.

I can't see the wife retaliating for the broken stuff here. If she does, it's one of two things. She is trying to use the legal system to try to force him to deal with her to try to stall the divorce. Or she never truly loved or cared for him, and this guy seems intelligent enough to have figured out if that was true over the 30 years they've been together.

JessicaAlexanderJessicaAlexanderalmost 5 years ago
Wrong category

Should be in "Non-erotic"

"Loving Wives - Married extra-marital fun: swinging, sharing & more."

KenfromIndyKenfromIndyalmost 5 years ago
JPB styles needs more

It is a good start to a story but doesn't have an end. That is what I call a JPB story ending with too many stories written that way. It is definitely not my favorite kind of story to read. Never know until you read it to know the ending or lack of a real story ending by the author.

Please do keep writing and I will keep reading.

chytownchytownalmost 5 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The usual thing

The wronged husband eschews conversation with his cheating wife (of 30 years!) and goes straight to divorce and sneaky revenge, complete with petty property destruction. What a drama queen! Throw in some legal fallacies and you've got your basic BTB story. Why did she do it? Was the marriage that weak? Was he deluded? Is she a narcissistic sociopath and for 30 years he never noticed? The author can't be bothered to tell us. It's too much fun to BTB! The language usage is competent so at least it's readable.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Why?

For those asking, "Why?" she's not just cheating, she's actually LIVING with her lover whenever Chris goes out of town.

Does the "why" really matter?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Atta boy!!

The well deserved way a cheating slut of a wife should expect to be treated. A good ending.

UltimateHomeBodyUltimateHomeBodyalmost 5 years ago
It was good

Until the stupidity at the end. He will now be crucified for purposeful destruction of her property. Stupid thing to do when it would have been more dramatic if it had all been neatly stacked in the front yard.

Even better if they had been served at work after he had everything delivered there. Much better in front of his employees so that word definitely reaches the customers. Ex wife can then be properly embarrassed where it would really count. Would even be good with video on his facebook account.

But the way it was done it can all be swept under the rug.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
@HippySwinger

If your name is any indication to your age then I can understand your response. But remember this, just like you everyone else is entitled to their own opinion...., and yours is bat shit crazy. Did you read the same story as the rest of us?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Please one more story about the end

This is a great story please don't leave us hanging.

Joeyiluv69Joeyiluv69almost 5 years ago
Good read.

Good read. It was smooth and not over the top. I would enjoy reading a pt2. Thanks

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago

Not much of a story on its own. Needs to be fleshed out, especially to have an actual ending showing what happens afterwards.

It's little more than a scene or two from a story, rather than something that can stand on its own.

Or perhaps the beginning of a story.

BuckeyebobBuckeyebobalmost 5 years ago
Good story

It doesn’t need a more complete ending. It’s fine as it is!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Good Story and well written

Part two please. Would be good to know the reaction of the adulterers. 5*

SanzegoSanzegoalmost 5 years ago
Not a story

Feels more like an outline, a good outline but just that. Why did she do it? How did it start? How long? Did their children at least try, demand, whine and or guilt dad into counseling? So many questions....

ErotFanErotFanalmost 5 years ago
Short and Sweet

They sound like two interesting characters. Is there any energy toward a sequel?

ErotFanErotFanalmost 5 years ago
Short and Sweet

They sound like two interesting characters. Is there any energy toward a sequel of your own?

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A waste of time

So many of these internet authors seem to think it clever

to leave their story incomplete. It's not. Two stars.

ctdansctdansalmost 5 years ago
I need more

I liked it but I would like her side as to why she cheated. but i hope in the end he kids disowned her and she ends up in dire straits.

BoomerbillBoomerbillalmost 5 years ago
Heart wrenching story and well written

5* Like “How High a Price”, this story deserves a part 2 or more. One minor comment more related to my imagination than any story limitation; I have a difficult time imagining a rule-bound, detail-fascinated “alpha” CPA accountant—bully yes, but alpha accountant???

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
WTF

Are you fucking kidding me? "She loves me, I new that my bride still loves me!" While she's at her boss's house fucking him???

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 4 years ago
Maybe she still loves him, but she's definitely not IN love with him anymore...

So, honestly, would anyone want to spent the rest of his life, hooked to some chick that may still care for him, but has no respect for him at all?

It was a good, but quite sad flash, especially given that the MC truly acts like he'll never be happy again.

The reality of it all is that Joy used to be Mrs. Right, but she's not anymore, so time to look elsewhere for such a companion. The thing is, there's plenty of women out there that could be Mrs. Right or, at worst, Mrs Right-Now for Chris. Sure, he won't smile to anyone for awhile, but, eventually, he'll get it back, since time truly heals all wounds. Hell, maybe he'll decide to take his ex-wife back - he still definitely should go ahead with the divorce her first, but weirder things that eventual reconciliation has happened.

Kinda wished the MC didn't go on, destroying her shit - simply dropping them off over at her lover would have been good enough; as it stands now, though, he's definitely on the hook to pay her crap up... but maybe it was worth it for him, watching the material things she cherished being in the same state than their marriage. I get that.

Ultimately, the story is too short - 'would have liked knowing the aftermath of this whole mess: what happened to Chris' lawsuit against Steve and if he got some dough out of it all; whether or not their kids still have a relationship with Joy after what she's done to their father; if she actually did fight for her marriage or simply moved on to her lover. But hey - that's the problem with most flashes - not a whole lot of genuine resolutions to find out of them.

So short, and bittersweet... but quite righteous. Honestly 'not asking for much more.

vickitvohiovickitvohioover 4 years ago
great story

definitely a 5*! This was one of those stories thought that I wished was longer. Sure there might be people that nit pick and say how could he stay in that situation for months, still have unprotected sex with her etc. but sometimes you want more, either suffering on the wife's part(and lover) or explanation of her actions to throw away a good marriage. still a great short story ;0)

Baddogie59Baddogie59over 4 years ago
Bam

Love it.

I hate cheaters and they deserve to be roasted to the best possible degree.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Excellent story

He couldn’t hurt his wife so he wrecked her stuff which was important to her. That was the only way to get back at her. The comments by the HippySwinger 6/12/19 are typical shit from Alpha males who think that it’s ok to wreck marriages because he needs multiple women. And they say that Neanderthals died out 10,000 years ago!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Please do just one more and make this story a series.

This is just to good of a start for a great series. Run with it!

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
This is just to good to stop here

Great intro story, this could be the first of a fantastic series.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Needs violence.

Lots of ugly violance.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Ace !

I wish I could award 10

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userThe Style Guy@The Style Guy
2217 Followers
I'm a professionally employed male and I live in southern New England.