Doing The Right Thing Lasts Forever

Story Info
A step brother steps up and falls in love.
10.4k words
4.57
13k
28
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
olddave51
olddave51
213 Followers

I'd like to thank Kenjisato again for editing and my friend Anaya for input.

Sexual activity only involves characters over the age of 18. Any similarities to persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.

Doing The Right Thing Turns into Forever

Who I am.

My name is Robert Wilson, and I'm in my mid-20s. I have an excellent job; in fact, it is my job that has caused me to be here at the airport on a Thursday afternoon.

But first, let me tell you a little bit about my life.

I am an only child. The family joke was, "I was a perfect child, and mom and dad did not want anymore (so-called) perfect children." The truth was mom almost died during my birth and she could not have any more children.

With not having any siblings, both my parents became driven parents with the help of both sets of grandparents. They were able to achieve career success at a young age, they were the 'wonder boy' and 'wonder girl' in their career fields. When I entered college, dad and mom were in their late 30s!

I have been told I am good looking, in the boy-next-door-kind-of way. I get my looks from mom AND dad; they were prom king and queen at their high school and homecoming king and queen at their college, twice!!! I played sports in high school, and some in college. In high school, I kept my grades high enough to be able to be accepted into a good college (mom and dad's alma mater) with enough partial scholarships to make my college costs very, very reasonable.

My parents were an average American loving couple. My father was an executive with a life insurance company, the same company for sixteen years, dad was actually very good friends with the company president whose father was the founder of the company and had hired my dad even before his own son.

Mom was a high school principal. Yes, she had her doctorate. I would call her Dr. Mom at times. I would get in trouble when I used it at school because she was also my principal! Mom set a good example while I was in grade school, by studying for her master's and her doctorate all while being a mom, a wife and schoolteacher.

Mom became my principal my freshman year in high school. Mom and dad kept it a secret from me, until Mom drove me to school the first day of ninth grade and pulled into the principal's space in the faculty parking lot.

My true friends only had to change from calling her Mrs. Wilson to Dr. Wilson, but only at school. I lost some so-called friends when they found out who our new principal was, and I gained some new friends, that I have to this very day.

Mom was a super mom with all the stuff she had to do with being a principal: she still baked cookies, cooked meals, and kept an active romantic life with my dad, don't ask me how I 'heard' about that.

I did have a love life, I dated throughout high school, college, and post-grad years. Most of my 'girlfriends' were good girls; good in public, and some were good in the back seat of a car, or in college a dorm room, too. Being the son of the principal kind of made me a 'nice young man' as one father said. Oh, I did get my proper instruction in the ways of sex and the workings of the female body, while dating a senior when I was a sophomore—between the two of us, dating each other was a good look for our dating résumés. I was still considered a good kid. I had to drive two towns over to get condoms because I was known as the principal's kid.

Dad the hero

Just before my sophomore year at college, my father was killed, while helping a young lady who was being attacked by a couple of men; dad had shielded the hurt woman, and got shot by one of the attackers. It made all the papers— 'Hero Dies, Saving Girl's Life.' The attackers were her ex-boyfriend and his friend. The friend turned state's evidence and got a short sentence and probation. The ex-boyfriend got life plus twenty years. Well, the ex-boyfriend did bring the gun, pulled the trigger, and killed my dad— so why not? He might get a parole hearing someday; I plan on being there.

We received a substantial 'reward' from a philanthropic organization that helps everyday heroes like my dad. It was played up that I was a college student and mom was an educator, so people gave a little more.

Mom put the money in a trust fund earmarked for her future grandchildren.

Dad being an insurance executive had a great life insurance policy, plus a policy that the company paid for. Let's just say dad took very good care of mom and me.

Mom and I settled down to life without dad. Mom and dad had discussed the possibility of one of them passing away 'too soon'; both had made each other swear if that was the case, they would keep on living, and possibly find love again. Other family members would comment on what a loving idea that was for both my mom and dad because hell, they loved each other like there was no tomorrow.

Just before my first year of my masters program, Mom did find love again. She had hired a new teacher, William Adams, Bill, a widower with a son. The son was about a year or so younger than I was. It was love at first sight. Their romance was respectful and above board. The superintendent okayed their relationship; he said if there were any school issues involving Bill, he would excuse mom from it and handle it for her. They married one week before I started my second semester on my master's. I walked mom down the aisle and gave her away to Bill. I was very happy for Mom because now she had someone in her life again. The only problem was my new stepbrother William Jr. he was basically a good guy but was a little wild— correct that, a bunch wild.

JR and I did get together and became roommates since he was a second year junior, and I was a grad student at the same university, it made sense; our parents thought I would be a good example for JR. Even with that, he still had to do another extra semester to finish college, you know the five-and-a-half-year plan; I had to reel him in a few nights. Even with that, I was able to date and have a romance or two. I kept my nose to the grindstone and did very well in my master's work. I was even asked to give a speech at commencement. I was scouted by headhunters.

I received a great job offer from a corporation where I became the corporation's 'troubleshooter.' I was usually home three weeks out of the month, and for one week, I would be traveling, putting out 'fires' at subsidiary offices throughout the nation.

That is how I was in the airport, this warm, late June afternoon.

JR had graduated and was working his first job post college. His girlfriend (almost fiancée), Laura Davis was the closest thing to a living Greek goddess, Aphrodite to be exact, inside and out, was finishing up college out of state.

JR's Wild side catches up with him

JR did a major fuckup. He had hooked up with one of his co-workers; well, maybe just a little more than friends with benefits. In fact, he was thinking of how to break up with Laura. The coworker, Ashley Stevens, was not just any co-worker, but she was 'closely related' to a company's higher-up. (You know corner office, lunch-in-the-executive-dining-room-type higher up.)

Within a month she told him she was pregnant with his child (yes, it is his). Ashley was youthful and very beautiful like Artemis, and like JR, a little wild— wait, I meant a bunch wild also. The executive higher-up sat down with JR and Ashley and gave them 'an offer they couldn't refuse'—get married and I'll put JR in the executive program for the company!

(It turned out to be a very good offer. Believe it or not, JR and Ashley settled down (matured really quickly) and they are married to this day; I have one nephew and two nieces from them.)

Now back to the airport

I was coming home for JR's wedding. (I was thinking, to Laura Davis.) I had gotten a one-line email saying:

"Be home this weekend I need you to be my best man, Bro — JR"

Just like JR to be somewhat ambiguous.

As I was coming out the door after getting my luggage, I saw a young lady crying. Curious, I walked up closer and saw that it was Laura Davis! When I recognized her, I went to her immediately. When she saw me, she began to cry even harder. I sat down with her, put my arm around her, and tried to find out what's wrong.

All she could say was, "I loved him so much! Oh God, I hate him!"

My response was, "Is JR late picking you up?"

Laura looked at me like I had two heads. "You don't know, do you? JR is marrying some girl from work! He sent me an email yesterday saying he is breaking up with me! And that he is sorry."

I looked at Laura and was speechless. One thing I knew, Laura's parents were now living in Texas after moving from Arizona.

Laura lamented, "I graduated two days ago and figured that JR and I would be driving over to see my mom and dad. I got his email while on the plane! I have no place to stay ... Mom and dad are not home in Texas, I think they took a cruise out of Galveston. I figured they'd be home by the time we got there."

I kicked into 'take-charge' mode. "Where is your luggage?"

She pointed to three suitcases.

I grabbed a luggage cart and put my suitcase on it and her three. "Follow me."

I flagged down a taxi. The driver put our bags in the trunk, and I gave him the address of my place. When we arrived, I handed the driver a great tip. He and I carried all the luggage in. I put her luggage in my guest room and told her to just rest.

I called up mom and Bill... I hear mom tell Bill, "It's Robert, I bet... Hello, Adams residence... Evelyn speaking."

"Mom, what the hell is going on? I met Laura Davis at the airport when I got in today. She is a effin' mess... ! Who the hell is JR marrying? If not Laura...? I have her at my place!"

Bill got on the phone, "Bob, I need your help, can you come over here... alone?"

I went into the guest room and told Laura I would be gone for a while and not to leave for any reason!

I drove over to my mom and Bill's house. When I got there, mom met me before I reached the front door. Mom gave me a big hug; I hadn't had a hug from her like that in years. Mom kissed me and told me to get in the house so Bill could talk to me.

Bill was fuming. "Bob, I am just so pissed off at JR! He has gone off and gotten his boss' daughter pregnant! They are getting married Saturday. If JR was ten years old, I'd beat his ass 'til my arm fell off, and then I'd beat him with it again using my other arm!"

I figured I was going to have to be the voice of reason for Bill, and, hopefully, the executioner for JR.

Bill had us in the garage with two nice chairs and a shitty one. JR and Ashley arrived. Mom later said that they both had the 'deer-in-the-headlights' look. Mom sent JR out to the garage to meet his doom with Bill and I ...

Bill started to speak, but I stopped him. First thing, I said, "Hey, asshole how the hell are you doing? WAIT, don't answer that! I know you feel like a jackass, don't you?"

You could fry eggs on Bill's forehead, he was so mad.

I looked at Bill, and said, "Can I lead this discussion. I just want to kick JR's ass, whereas you look like you want to castrate him."

I got a hard swallow out of JR and a nod from Bill.

"JR you want me to be your best man, right? That means you are entrusting me to have your back in this marriage! Right!????"

JR nodded.

"You remember when my mom and your dad first got married, the fight we had, after you said something, about my mom that I didn't like?"

I turned to Bill, "We never told you guys about it."

Back to JR. "You made up the story that I had saved you from a bunch of gang members, even though it was me who beat the shit out of you, the black eye and all. Well, here is how I will have your back this time. The first time you mistreat your soon-to-be wife, I'll 'save' you the exact same way! Ashley is carrying my nephew, or my niece, and I want to be a favorite uncle!

"Now, I need you to talk to Laura and have a 'come-to-Jesus!' moment with her."

Bill said in a tone that only a father of a twenty-something young man could say, "This. Will. Happen!"

While we were talking, Mom had had a woman-to-woman talk with Ashley. Mom and Ashley came out to the garage. Mom's eyes were a little wet, but Ashley's were full-blown red alert, with tears still streaming down.

Mom took over the powwow. "Ashley, JR, I bet you think you have stepped into a buzz saw between US and your parents, but we will tell you what that buzz saw is powered by... LOVE. I know my husband and I know my son, AND this family will stand behind you, to support the both of you!"

Bill added, "...Behind you, so we can kick your asses if you fuc— er.. mess up!"

Mom did give Bill a 'this-is-my-show' look but smiled.

Bill and I went to a local bar, where I was the designated driver. When Bill had had enough, I took him home and had to help him into the house. Mom looked at Bill, and shook her head in a loving manner, if that's possible when looking at a tipsy husband.

I went back to my house.

I found Laura in my guest room in the fetal position in a corner. I moved to her and picked her up and carried her to the bed. My dad had taught me well. He had said, "Always hold a 'hurting' woman." And I did just that.

After about an hour, I called out for pizza. When we sat down to eat, I started to talk to Laura. I spoke softly, again like my dad had shown me. Laura cried buckets and held onto me; her body just shook. I must have spent three hours softly explaining what a jackass my stepbrother was, still in a very soft soothing voice!

When she finally fell asleep, I went to my room. I was surprised that I was mentally aroused, as I fell asleep, I had non-sexual visions of that beautiful woman sleeping down the hall.

I woke up the next morning and fixed breakfast for the both of us. When I called her to the kitchen, she came in. She looked like she had slept some.

Laura said, "Thank you for being there for me last night."

"Well, I had to be 'there' I own the house!" I did get a smile and playful punch on the arm.

I was about to call JR when Laura said that she called JR late last night. She told me she agreed that JR needed to 'do the right thing', and she would always have a place in her heart for him, but would never love him or another man again.

I did go to Mr. Stevens' office. I thought the name looked familiar, and it was. I had been to his office on a troubleshooting visit and had cleared up some problems. Mr. Stevens' company is a subsidiary of my corporation. When I asked his secretary if I could see him, and for her to tell him that Mr. Robert Wilson was there to see him, she remembered my last visit, which did not go too well, at first.

After shaking hands with Mr. Stevens, I told him it was a social visit, and not a business one. I could see the color return to his face, but when I told him I was JR Adams' stepbrother, his face got a lot more color back.

I told him that he and I were probably on the same page regarding the young lovers. When I told him that I had beat JR up a few years ago, and that I would do it again if he fucked up again, the color returned to normal on his face.

And he cheerfully said, "Can I help you?"

I told him, "I am looking forward to being an uncle and since I am JR's best man, I'm going to make sure that the marriage lasts! My mom and Bill are ready to support the two lovers. I really appreciated your stand on making sure their family was cared for, by giving JR the chance for advancement in your company."

As I left, I told him that I expected to see him at the hospital when Ashley gave birth because I planned to be there, making sure that JR was there also.

Friday early evening, I returned to my home, and was shocked to see Laura cleaning the living room. She had already cleaned both bathrooms, the kitchen, the laundry room, the breezeway; she had mopped all the floors and vacuumed all the carpets. I'm not saying that I'm not a good housekeeper; in fact, mom said I was 'better than most, but that I was still a guy.'

(Everyone knows guys can never clean as well as women can, I was told that by a couple of ex-girlfriends. It must be something in our DNA.)

Laura did not hear me come in and was using the vacuum under the couch. She was properly dressed, but the way she was bent over, kind of took my breath away.

Before I could get caught staring, I cleared my throat to let her know I was home. She was a little startled, but turned around and said, "I had to do something, so I cleaned your place."

I couldn't tell if she was happy or embarrassed. I asked her, "Would you like to go and get something to eat? Do you have something casual to wear? I'd like to take you to Texas Roadhouse for steak."

As we sat and waited for our drinks, Laura asked me, "How can you and JR be from the same family?"

"Why do you ask that?"

"You are overwhelmingly nice, and JR is an overwhelming ass!"

It was then that I realized Laura did not know we were stepbrothers, "DNA, we are stepbrothers and our parents have only been married a few years, but we were roommates for two years, while I finished my master's and JR finished his undergrad degree."

"You have a master's? Wow!"

"Yeah, I work for McGill Holdings. They have subsidiaries all over the United States, a couple right here in Phoenix. JR's company is one, but we do not interact professionally."

We got a Cactus Blossom to share. Our food arrived. I got a New York strip. Laura got the choice sirloin. We finished it off with a slice of apple pie each.

I watched my alcohol intake, but Laura didn't quite watch hers; she had one-too-many margaritas. I did not realize she had so much.

On the drive back to my place, I asked Laura if she would be okay tomorrow while I was at the w-e-d-d-i-n-g.

Laura laughed and said, "You don't have to spell it out like I'm a little kid. Besides, I'm with a nice... " She did not finish what she was going to say.

When we got back, Laura sat on my couch and I sat in my recliner. (The recliner was one of the first pieces of furniture I bought.)

As I gave Laura some coffee, she began to laugh. "Bob, you know what? I just got a job here in Phoenix, just one mile from JR's office. It was supposed to be a surprise. I guess I'm the one who got surprised."

"Oh, really? My office is just one mile from JR's office also... Wait, what company?"

"Copper Star Investments, I am the new assistant human resources manager," Laura replied.

"You are effin' kidding me... That's my corporation's other subsidiary here in Phoenix! My office is on the next to the top floor; someday, I hope I'll have an office on the top floor."

"I figured JR and I would just share a place until we got ma—" Laura just stopped mid-sentence. "Damn, now I have to find a place!"

"Well, Laura, I am in a charitable mood... I have a wonderful extra room here with its own bathroom entrance, and the rent is very negotiable, AND some days, I bet I can give you a ride to work!"

"Bob, you want to help me?"

"Sure, I need the karma since I threatened JR within an inch of his life."

Laura laughed and jumped up and gave me a hug. It felt good, I don't know why, it just did!

"Laura let me set you up for tonight, the bed linens are in the hall closet— sheets, blankets, a couple extra pillows, whatever you want."

"I want to have a talk with you tomorrow after the, er, um... wedding."

The wedding was just like any other courthouse wedding. I wore a suit, Bill wore a suit, JR wore a suit, and Mom looked great in her dress. The bride looked good in her white dress. Ashley's maid of honor looked good also, although I don't remember her name. And Ashley's parents looked good. I could not even see where Mr. Stevens was hiding the shotgun.

olddave51
olddave51
213 Followers