All Comments on 'Dominant Species Ch. 55-56'

by partwolf

Sort by:
  • 11 Comments
The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneabout 7 years ago

Just a holy shit moment.

LovetosmileLovetosmileabout 7 years ago

This story is getting better and more complicated with each chapter. I can't wait for the next one.

OddBall68OddBall68about 7 years ago

Wonder if anyone else will notice the power shift? Alpha Calvin likely would. That will certainly spark a conversation. I'd imagine "welcome to the club" might be a ice breaker. lol His power might throw a slight monkey wrench in the works. If he takes a group of warriors with him to help the sheriff in Hamilton & those 3 towns, Como, Gorus & Darby he'll need to keep the pack link to coordinate defense. If he's able to save Missoula he may have a large group to turn and will have to go alpha and break from Alpha Calvin. He'll still need help though just like in Salmon. An organized training for all. I think Terry, Barry & Brian will want to be in his pack. He really needs Doc Jenkins to come as well. His pack will be so far away he'll need his own doc close by.

I wonder what Doc Jenkins meant by "you ARE the kid"?

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago

i love this story!!! more more more please.

OddBall68OddBall68about 7 years ago
Ok, pure speculation here. I hope i'm not stepping on partwolf's toes.

After a couple hours sleep, i question if Donald wasn't the only person who had a dream walker visit. With the details given, someone had said something to Doc Jenkins. She expected Donald. The only thing that makes sense is Luna visiting her in one of her likely short and few naps. A white haired woman with 2 white wolves wouldn't have made much sense to her but likely would have made an impression. Luna could have said that one of her children was coming to save them. It makes sense of Doc calling Donald the kid. Ok that's it. Way out there i know but...

On a bizarre tangent, there is a band that had an album called "The Dream Walker" which contains a song "The Wolfpack". Can't say i like the music but it did fall in with this train of thought.

Finding a light in a world of ruin

Starting to dance when the earth is caving in

Setting a sun and the hearts are burning

Leaving the nest to the back of a thousand winds

We're ready to begin

partwolfpartwolfabout 7 years agoAuthor
Luna has been busy

And has more plans in the works to save her people than just visiting Donald. This look to the future is also why so many new mates are being found.

The presence of a new Alpha in his territory will certainly be noticed, what do you think Calvin's reaction to his field promotion will be?

OddBall68OddBall68about 7 years ago

I think he would be proud of his now former beta. Calvin was the first Alpha to come to grips with the new reality and took action on himself to help and save people. My "welcome to the club" remark suggestion was along the thought line that perhaps Luna has actually had conversations with alphas before. Maybe everyone she makes alpha. Could have been a very closely held secret. Something alphas didn't discuss outside their own ranks.

I wonder if Josi got a talk? Or just her wolf given the conditions? If not, maybe Luna will visit both her and Reggie sometime?

The_Crazy_OneThe_Crazy_Oneabout 7 years ago

I honestly think at first Alpha Calvin is going to be confused by the fact Donald is now an Alpha in his own right. That's going to led a long talk between those two IMO. Also it really depends on how much of that dream Donald remembers. But there will be no doubt by Calvin that Donald has been touched by Luna as there is no other answers to Donald gaining Alpha powers. The trick for the newly promoted Alpha Donald is to link back up with the wolves he left in those three towns on the way back to his old pack and work on getting those bit to accept their wolves.

The more I think about the more likely Calvin is going to know something happen as he isn't going be able to link with Donald anymore.

Like I said before keep up the great work.

OddBall68OddBall68about 7 years ago

The_Crazy_One,

Other than Donald having the alpha power now it hasn't be stated that he was automatically disconnected. I think breaking from a pack is a deliberate act by an individual. Such as when Marcus painfully did it. Until Donald decides now is the time he will still be linked but fully capable of breaking it without repercussion. The rest of the pack may feel that alpha aura from him and be quite curious what happened. Or maybe he'll be more like Reggie when he was only the alpha heir. Everyone knows the ability was there but not active until the switch was thrown as it were.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 7 years ago
Wow. Deus Ex is good for once.

The original bring-all-of-the-survivors-to-us plotline wrapped up just in time for "Wolves vs. Monsters".

*Insert Eye of the Tiger intro music*

*Cut to montage of Donald creating werewolf army*

*Fade out on 1000 wolves howling together*

Shy_DesireShy_Desireabout 5 years ago
Coincidence...

...reading this in Montana & just heard the wolves. ;-)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userpartwolf@partwolf
2313 Followers
Story series order for the Were War series: 1) Behind the Lines of the Were War 2) Beyond the Were War 3) Between the Were Wars 4) My Mystery Mate Stolen Birthright spans from before the Were Wars series to after My Mystery Mate. It can be read standalone but contains spoiler...

story TAGS

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES