Don't Look Like a Seal Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Want me to charm him?" I asked with a chuckle.

"I've seen your version of charming so no, you can't shoot him," Alex sighed. "You are an idiot, however. The suggestion the detective made can be used to your advantage."

"How am I an idiot?" I asked.

"You got invited to live here for a while," He said and spread his arms. "Here of all places and you spout some lame excuse to not do it."

"It wasn't a lame excuse," I defended. "It's the truth. I'm not that far away."

"Okay so maybe it is the truth but this place is about a thousand times better than your condo was even in its prime," He pointed out. "Maybe you have another reason for not wanting to stay here."

"What are you talking about, Alex?" I asked.

"I saw how that Det. Young was looking at you," He answered. "I guess you made quite the impression on her today as well. Maybe the two of you need some privacy that this place can't provide."

"You're imagining things," I told him. "I mean sure she's attractive..."

"And blonde," He interrupted to point out.

"Uh huh," I sighed and waited for him to continue.

"You have a weakness, Ken," he chuckled.

"I have several and listening to you is one of them apparently," I remarked.

"Whatever, Grayson," he shook his head. "All I'm saying is that it wouldn't be the worst thing in the world if you tried to have an actual relationship with someone. One that doesn't start with you tying on a pair of beer goggles then apologizing for having whiskey dick."

"I don't tie on beer goggles, Alex," I stated. "I thought that I proved that point last night."

"Okay sure, you proved that point but I'm just saying that you and Young could..." He started but I interrupted him.

"Det. Young is just being nice to me because I managed to help them out," I told him. "No other reason."

"You sure about that?" He asked.

"I am," I answered.

"If you say so, but I say you're making a mistake," He stated. "She's kind of hot and has her own set of cuffs."

"Wouldn't be my first mistake, won't be the last one I'm sure," I sighed. "You haven't changed a bit, Alex."

"Why would I?" He smiled his million dollar smile. "I still can't believe that you passed up the chance of moving in here."

"Why don't you ask them to put you up for a while since you like the place so much?" I asked him.

"Because I'm not the one that needs to experience this sort of living, I already am," he said. "You, on the other hand, could benefit from staying here."

"I think it's you that wants to experience what Addison Voss has to offer. You have a weakness too Alex," I pointed out.

"Have you seen a doctor about these hallucinations that you're having?" He asked.

"I'll bet you can describe to me everything about her," I smiled. "It shouldn't be too hard for you since your eyes didn't really drift too far from her."

"I looked around," he tried to defend himself.

"Sure you did, Alex," I stated. "I'm not blaming you or anything. She is a gorgeous woman. Reminds me of Rosie Huntington Whiteley just with darker hair."

"Hmm, you know you have a point there," He nodded then sighed. "You are going to talk yourself right out of this job, you know this right?"

"All right, I'll stop messing with you for now," I conceded.

I caught a glimpse of the private beach and nodded my head toward it.

"Think they'd mind if I took a swim there after my shift ends?" I asked.

"You are part fish, Ken," He shook his head. "I swear anytime you get near water you'll find a way to get yourself in it."

"Not always," I countered.

"That time in South America, that time in the Rocky Mountains, that other time in Vegas, Vegas for God's sake and you still found water," He argued.

"That was the hotel pool and you assholes locked me out on the balcony," I pointed out. "What else was I supposed to do?"

"Not dive into the pool from three stories up," He stated. "Don't pull that here, Ken. I'm serious. No jumping from the balcony into their pool."

"Only if it's absolutely necessary," I promised him. "I'm too old to go jumping off balconies."

"Uh huh," Alex responded. "At least let me put you up in a hotel near here so your drive isn't as far. I want you close if something goes down here."

I nodded my acceptance but wondered where Alex was planning to put me up at since the closest motel was a good fifteen-minute drive from this part of the city. I know because I timed it out on my way back to my place to pack up some stuff.

****

While I was packing for my stay at whatever no tell motel Alex found for me Jamie heard the commotion I was making and invited herself in.

"Hey, Kenny. Whatcha doing?" She asked from the doorway of my bedroom.

"That night shift gig turned into something a little more complicated," I answered without looking up from my dresser. "Looks like I'll be away for a little while."

"How long do you think?" She asked as she belly flopped onto my bed.

My attention was drawn to the slamming sound of the bed springs and that's when I saw that she was wearing a pair of extremely short cut-off jean shorts that showed off her rounded bottom exceedingly well and a button down shirt tied just over her pert breasts. I swallowed hard and turned back to my dresser.

"You didn't go to class like that did you, Jamie?" I asked.

"Of course not, silly. The teacher has enough trouble when I wear tight jeans," She answered with a giggle. "This outfit would make his head melt."

"That it would," I agreed. "How are they going? The classes I mean."

"I still want to kick you and Jas's butts for making me go to business school but I'm picking up on it pretty good," She admitted.

"We just want what's best for you, Jamie," I told her.

"I know you do and I appreciate it. So how long are you going to be gone?" She asked.

"I'm not sure," I answered. "Could be a couple of weeks. Maybe a month."

"And where are you going?" She questioned.

I glanced over my shoulder to answer and my eyes went straight to her cute little butt. She caught me looking and shook it a little with a giggle.

"You are too sexy for your own good sometimes, you know that?" I chuckled as I shook my head.

"Yep I know but you like it, I can tell," She laughed. "So where are you going to be in case I need you."

"The jobs in South Myrtle but I don't know where I'll be staying yet. You've got my cell number in case you need me for anything," I told her.

"I call, you come?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"Always," I smiled at her.

"I'm assuming this is some security gig," She stated.

"Yeah, that friend of mine you guys saw, he runs a security company and needs some help with a job," I explained.

I turned and tossed some clothes on to the bed which Jamie took upon herself to fold up for me then placed them in my lone suitcase. I took out my pistol, grabbed a couple of boxes ammo and added them to my duffle bag that was on the dresser.

"Are you thinking this gig might be dangerous?" Jamie asked.

"You can never be over prepared I've found," I answered her. "Besides you know how cautious I can be."

"I can't get you to pull the trigger that's for sure," She joked.

"And yet you keep trying," I laughed.

"You know what they say. We always want what we can't have," She smiled.

"I'm familiar with the sentiment," I acknowledged.

"We'll miss you, ya know? Jas and me I mean," She told me.

"I know sweetie. I'll miss you too but I'll come back and check on you both. Often. I promise," I assured her.

From behind me, Jasmine had entered my apartment as well looking for Jamie.

"Remember what I told you about men and their promises, Jamie," Jasmine said from the doorway.

"Hey, Jas," I welcomed her with a glance and a smile.

Jasmine was dressed a bit more conservative than Jamie was. She was in a yellow, floral patterned sundress that accented her espresso skin perfectly.

"You going somewhere, Kenny?" She asked after she noticed the bags.

"To South Myrtle. For a month," Jamie informed her in her pouting voice.

"Or less," I reminded her. "Think you can watch the place for me Jas? It's not much but it's home."

"I think we can manage that," She assured me. "So what is it that you're promising my girl here?"

"The moon, the stars, to cross an ocean for her should the need arise," I smiled. "You know the usual stuff."

"Smart ass," Jasmine commented as she slapped me on my ass. "Cute ass, too."

"Very much so," Jamie smiled wickedly.

"Stop it, Jamie," I warned her then turned to Jasmine. "I promised her that I will keep in touch with you both while I'm gone and that I will come running should you need me."

"Think I can trust him Jas?" Jamie teased.

"Yeah, I think so. He hasn't steered us wrong yet," Jasmine agreed.

Jamie handed me my suitcase a little reluctantly. I pulled it to me and she came off the bed with it. She wrapped me in a tight hug for several minutes before she backed away.

"Don't be a stranger, okay?" Jamie whispered.

I pulled her back into my arms and kissed her tenderly for several long moments. Jamie was surprised at first but then she quickly rubbed her body against me while her tongue swirled around mine. When she reached down to try and stroke me through my jeans, I broke the kiss and stepped back.

"I will never be a stranger to you, sweetie," I promised her.

"Kiss me like that again and I'm not going to let you go, Kenny," She smiled wickedly at him.

"Take care of Jas for me and watch out for yourself while I'm away Jamie," I told her.

"You know that I will and you be safe," she said.

"Do I get the same going away kiss?" Jasmine asked with a giggle.

"Gladly," I smiled back at her and she shook her head.

"You're crazy if you think that I'm doing that in front of my girl. She'd kill me," Jasmine laughed. "I will take a hug though."

I wrapped my arms around gave her a squeeze. She leaned in and gave me the briefest of kisses before she pulled away.

"Watch yourself out there, Kenny," she said. "Girls like Jamie and I need you around. You got me?"

"I got you, sexy," I winked at her.

"You better be or I'll have to break your arm," Jamie joked.

"But then you'd have to be the one to take care of me," I reminded her.

"Mmm, sponge baths," She smiled wickedly at me.

"My bodies been through enough Jamie without you rearranging my bones, Jamie," I told her.

"I know one bone I can rearrange for you," She winked at me.

"Not right now you can't," I said. "I can't go limping into my new job while trying to hide an erection can I?"

"You cannot," Jasmine laughed. "You had better go, Kenny, before Jamie gets another shot at groping you."

I nodded and reached for my duffel but Jamie already had it in her arms. They walked me out to my car then hugged again after I had dropped the bags into my passenger seat. I gave them a wave as I drove off and headed back toward the Voss estate.

****

When I arrived back at the Voss estate I was greeted by Mr. Williams. He looked about as pleased to see me again as he did the first time we were introduced. I was surprised that he didn't pull that Smith and Wesson that was bulging from beneath his tailored suit jacket and point it at me as I approached.

"Mr. Grayson," He said curtly.

"Mr. William's," I nodded and wondered if he was sizing me up like I was doing to him.

"Kortesis said that you were going to be working the night shift," He said in more of a statement than an actual question but I answered him anyway.

"Yes, sir," I nodded.

"Not to start us off on the wrong foot, Grayson, but this reporting to you after I've been here with the Voss' for a couple of years now doesn't sit right with me," He stated.

"I didn't hear anything about you reporting to me," I told him. "Maybe Alex was trying to say that if you could keep me up to speed on anything that happens on day shift that I, or rather he, should be made aware of. I don't think they meant for you to give a report of the events of the day or whatever."

"If I think there's something you need to know then you'll be told and that's that," He stated.

I nodded and reminded myself that I shouldn't make waves on my first day on the job. Or night on the job? Whatever.

"Mr. Voss said that he wants to speak with you in his study. I'm sure you can find it," He told me then walked away.

"I'll do my best," I muttered to his back as I got the distinct impression that he didn't care too much for me.

After only two failed attempts, first into a guest room then a closest, I found the study and the waiting Mr. Voss.

"You wanted to see me, sir?" I asked from the doorway.

"Ken," He nodded as he looked up. "Come in please and take a seat."

I nodded and did as requested while I looked around the spacious study. Bookshelves ran along three of the four walls and also ran from the first floor to the second. A spiral staircase led up to the second-floor loft. Mr. Voss' sizable desk dominated the room and behind it, he was an imposing figure.

"How can I help you, sir?" I asked him.

"Anna and I had a talk while you were gone and we would prefer that you stay in the guest house," He stated.

"It's not that I wouldn't love to stay here, sir, but I wouldn't want to step on anyone's toes," I told him.

"I assume that you're referring to Mr. Williams?" He asked already knowing the answer. "He's my concern, not yours. Your only concern is keeping my family safe and you can best do that if you are here twenty-four seven."

I could tell that I wasn't being asked to stay. I was being told that was what was happening. I also knew enough that you don't tell a man like Mr. Voss no.

"Yes sir," I nodded. "I have my bags in my car."

"Excellent," He nodded. "While you get that I'll inform Alex that you're staying and show you to it."

I grabbed my bags from the car and when I turned Alex was standing beside Mr. Voss at the front door.

"Once you're settled in, you can pull your car down to the guesthouse so it's more convenient for you," Mr. Voss stated as we started walking. "I've called the company that's renovating and told them that something came up and we need to hold off any more work for a while."

"Thank you, sir," Alex commented. "That was a good suggestion from the detectives."

"The company was vetted by Cassidy's team but I feel better without having any strangers having free reign of the place right now," Mr. Voss stated as we walked across the back lawn. "I am aware that Mr. Grayson is a stranger but you both know what I mean."

"Yes, sir," Alex and I both answered.

The guest house was clearly under construction. Scaffolding was up on two sides of it along with plastic sheeting that looked to be there to catch construction dust and debris. Mr. Voss unlocked the door and Alex and I followed him inside.

"I'd apologize about the mess but it's not as bad as I thought it would be," He stated as he looked around.

The first floor had most of the interior walls removed except for where the bathroom and a new large steam shower had been installed. The rest of the first floor was an open area with several pieces of gym equipment already in place. In what used to be the living area hung a punching bag off to the side, two treadmills in one corner, a set of free weights in another corner along with a weight bench and mats in the middle of the open area. The place smelled of fresh paint and sawdust with just a hint of plastic from the hanging sheets outside.

"This won't be a problem for you will it, Ken? The paint and dust I mean?" Mr. Voss asked.

"No, sir," I assured him. "I'll open the windows and air the place out while I work out. If it's all right that I make use of the equipment here?"

"As long as you're living here you can have the run of the place," He told me. "The only problem I thought up was that we gutted the kitchen that used to be in here. I suppose you can get a mini fridge for upstairs but any cooking you want to do will have to be in the main house."

"I'll get by," I stated. "I may make use of the kitchen and try to stay out of everyone's way."

"It'll be fine," He nodded.

Alex was giving me a strange look but I ignored him for the moment as Mr. Voss continued the tour. We climbed the stairs to the, as of yet, untouched second floor where there was a master bedroom with bath and a second bedroom that looked like it functioned as an office at one time.

"We hadn't decided on what exactly we wanted to do up here yet so there hasn't been any work done," He stated as we looked around. "My architect has an appointment to come by sometime next week to discuss it but we can postpone if needed."

"That shouldn't be a problem, sir," Alex stated. "We can run a check on him and..."

"He's a she and she is very good," Mr. Voss stated.

"Did she design the gym?" I asked.

"The gym, the study we were in earlier and wait until you see the kitchen," He smiled.

"She's more than good," I commented.

"Speaking of good," Mr. Voss said. "Will these accommodations be sufficient for you, Ken?"

"Far more than sufficient, sir," I answered.

He nodded and smiled as I put my bags on the floor beside the bed.

"I can put my stuff away later," I said. "Alex, do you want to show me the security setup and introduce me around now?"

"We can do that as long as Mr. Voss is finished with us," Alex stated.

"I'll leave you to it then," Mr. Voss said.

We walked him downstairs and Alex stopped me at the door and allowed Mr. Voss to walk away. Once he was out of earshot Alex shook his head.

"I used to think that you had a rabbit's foot shoved up your ass because you were so damn lucky," He chuckled. "Now I think there's a whole rabbit up there."

"How would it still be lucky if it was up my ass? It doesn't sound so lucky for the rabbit," I joked.

"You know what I mean," He sighed. "I get you to volunteer for a crappy night watch shift where you can cause a minimum of trouble and you somehow finagle that into moving in!"

"I told them it wasn't necessary but Mr. Voss insisted and that's not a man you just tell no," I told him. "What was I supposed to do?"

"Volunteer that I should be the one moving in," Alex said.

"If you want to live here, just say the word. I hear you have this loft with a nice view that I will gladly crash at," I said.

"No this is fine," He stated. "I'm sure Mr. Voss has his reasons for allowing you to move in and not me."

"Probably because I wasn't the one making eyes at his daughter," I chuckled.

"What?" He asked as he nearly stumbled out the door.

"Even if what you think you're seeing is true; I think you need glasses by the way. She's a client, well daughter of a client and I just can't go..." He paused at a loss for how to convey his thoughts.

"Laying pipe in your bosses' house," I supplied with a grin.

"Fuck you, Grayson," He murmured.

"I think your heart belongs to another good sir, it just wouldn't be right," I stated with a laugh.

"This is what I get for coming up to North Carolina to get you huh?" He sighed.

"I guess that it is," I answered. "You could have just left me to drink my life away but no, you had to help."

"Next time I try and offer to help you just shoot me," He stated.

"Your new girlfriend might get pissed at me if I do that," I said and nodded toward the second story of the main house.

He looked up and saw Addison out on her veranda that overlooked the families pool but she wasn't looking at it. She was looking at us. Alex put on his best smile and gave her a wave. She smiled and gave a curt wave before she went back into the house.

"Not my girlfriend," He muttered at me.

"We'll see about that once all this is over with," I told him as he steered me into the main house to introduce me around to his team that worked the day shift.

Alex's team were almost entirely made up of ex-military and they all appeared professional. I still had my reservations about the guy that he had on Addison but I didn't bring it up. I figured that I would keep my eye on the guy and make corrections where needed.

123456...9