Don't Look Like a Seal Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Nine months ago isn't recent, Michelle," Karly jumped in.

"When you catch him nailing your best friend during her going away party, it takes awhile to heal," She wanted to tell her but didn't want to drive the wedge between the two sisters even deeper.

"Maybe not but I'm still stinging from it. He understood where I was coming from and we're still planning to hang out," She assured her.

"Good," Karly said. "You guys do that for now and when the time is right then you can jump his bones."

Michelle dropped her head to her hands and shook it.

"Can men and women not just be friends?" She sighed.

"Of course they can, Michelle. Just remember that you are talking to a hormone driven teenager," Mr. Voss commented as he entered the kitchen.

"I'm not hormone driven, Dad," Karly argued. "I do believe that men and women can just be friends but some people, when you see them together you can just tell they're meant for something more."

He pondered that for moment while Michelle stared daggers at a grinning Karly.

"I suppose you're right about that," Mr. Voss decided. "So who is it that you think Michelle can't be just friends with?"

"I don't think she wants us to discuss that Dad," Karly back peddled not wanting to get anyone in trouble.

"She means Kenny and me, Mr. Voss," Michelle admited to him which surprised Karly. "Trying to tiptoe around it makes it sound like I'm doing something or rather we're doing something that we shouldn't be and we aren't, sir. I met him the other morning on the beach and we had a nice talk. He kept me company last night when I couldn't sleep then we met again for a morning swim. I figured that I have made a new friend and nothing more but certain people just can't understand that."

"Do I need to have a talk with him, Michelle? Man to man so to speak?" Mr. Voss asked seriously.

He had always taken a fatherly role in Michelle's life even when her mother remarried. He still felt that she was just as much his daughter as his actual flesh and blood ones were.

"No sir, that isn't necessary. Kenny's been kind and understanding since we met," She assured him.

"Then what is the problem?" He asked.

"Your other daughter obviously," Karly laughed.

"Addison's probably just being over protective of you, Michelle, and I know how annoying that can seem," He said as he looked pointedly at Karly who rolled her eyes. "Just remember that she loves you and if you want to be friends with Kenny then I'm sure she'll come around once she gets to know him better."

"I'm sure that she will. She just manages to get right under my skin at times. Thankfully I have Karly here to help keep me sane. Sometimes," She added with a playful glare.

"Always big sis," Karly laughed.

"Just practice patience and everything will work out fine in the end," Mr. Voss told. "Which movie did you and Mr. Grayson watch last night?" He asked.

"He had his ear thing in the whole time," She stated quickly. "Joe said that he would let him know if he was needed so he wasn't just shirking his duties."

"I'm impressed that you're on a first name basis with the security people at all, Michelle," He chuckled. "I'm not going to get upset over a little movie watching and he I assume that he was watching over you so he was doing his job. At least in spirit."

"I'll bet he was looking over..." Karly started to say but Michelle cut her off.

"Key Largo," Michelle said quickly as she shook her head at Karly who tried to stifle her giggles.

"Ah one of my favorites," He commented and then started humming the song Key Largo to himself for a moment before he switched to singing it aloud. "We had it all... just like Bogie and Bacall..."

Michelle and Karly started laughing at the impromptu concert as Mrs. Voss entered the kitchen. She was immediately pulled into her husband's arms and swung across the floor.

"James, what's gotten into you?' She tried to ask as he twirled her around still singing.

She shook her head and allowed him dance her all over the kitchen while the two at the table continue to laugh. She looked at the two girls and passed along a warning.

"If he starts singing The Pina Colada Song next, girls, you should run," She warned.

"I think we should run anyway," Karly stated and hopped to her feet.

She grabbed Michelle by the hand and pulled her up to her feet.

"Bowls first, Karly," Michelle reminded her as she reached for both bowls.

Karly snagged her own bowl first then Michelle's before the deposited both into the sink.

"Better hurry girls," Mrs. Voss called out. "He's got that look in his eyes."

"I was tired of my lady... we'd been together too long..." Mr. Voss started to sing as they headed out of the kitchen to the safety of Karly's room.

Scott's Recovery

Lissa was seated at Scott's bedside lightly dozing when she heard someone trying to say her name. It sounded gravelly and came out as a whisper.

"Lis?" Scott repeated.

"Baby," She asked suddenly awake. "Scottie, I'm here!"

She leapt to her feet and hit the Nurse Call button on his bed as she leaned in close to his face. His eyes were a little unfocused be he smiled at her.

"What can I do?" She asked in near sobs.

"Water?" He whispered.

She nodded and grabbed the nearby pitcher. Her hands were shaking so badly as she poured it she nearly missed the cup.

"Careful," She whispered as she lifted the cup to his lips. "Just try to sip it."

He nodded as she helped him drink down the cool, soothing liquid.

"Thanks, baby," He whispered and sounded better.

She leaned down and kissed him lightly on his lips as the door opened behind them.

"Trying to wake up Sleeping Beauty with a kiss, Lis?" Addison asked as she spied her friend bent over the bed.

Lissa turned with tears in her eyes and saw her two best friends had entered the room. Michelle was the first to spot the tears on Lissa's face.

"Lissa, what's...?" Michelle started to ask but before she could finish her sentence Lissa was up and hugging her tightly.

"He's awake!" She cried out nearly squeezing the breath from her friend.

"That's great, Lis, but why are you hugging me?" Michelle asked.

"Because she might kill him if she grabbed him like that," Addison pointed out as she moved to the bedside. "How are you feeling, Scott?"

"I've been better," He coughed but gave her a smile as she nurse walked in.

Once she saw her patient was awake she ordered the three out.

"Ladies, I need you give me a few minutes with him. I'll have the doctor come out to the waiting area once we're finished examining him," She told them.

Lissa gave him another kiss. "Baby, I'll be back as soon as they let me."

"Love you, Pumpkin," He managed to say as he nodded.

"Love you too, Sailor man," She called out her voice cracking as she exited the room.

1...456789