All Comments on 'Double Helix Ch. 15'

by FelHarper

Sort by:
  • 6 Comments
GuenhwyvarGuenhwyvarover 6 years ago
Loved it as always

Good to see you're still writing, love your world building. I hope that 'curing the rot' isn't as easy as they're making it seem, either that or it really is that easy and the government hasn't released the cure in order to reap the benefits as you alluded to.

Either way, eagerly await the next chapter!

Cheers,

Guenhwyvar

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Curing Rot????

So far the story have been about a ragtag band barely struggling to survive and dealing with their own internal relationship on each other; that part is well written.

But making them cure the Rot when all the world governments/scientist are desperately trying to solve the problem with more resource and expertise, make our main characters seem kinda like Mary Sues.

My recommendation:

The story works best when it more down to earth and about internal group conflict and survival. If you want the rot cure and the world to be a better place for our heroes, you could make some other nation or groups of experts solved the problem. Not every story need the main character to "save the world" to feel significant.

Hungry_ReaderHungry_Readerover 6 years ago
Great chapter

It's good to see your writing again. I hope to see more soon.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
Glad to finally see another chapter! Thank You!

Re: Curing the rot's comments. It is entirely possible that the US government is withholding the cure as a way to control the people and push the anti-genmod movement. The Author stated that China may already have the cure and that other countries are just too poor to try. Also keep in mind that sometimes small groups of people with little to work with can make huge breakthroughs in science and medicine.

To FelHarper. Thank you so much for coming back to this story. I have always wondered what was happening in Norms world. I hope your next chapter(s) are not so long in posting.

DJ

jlmnjlmnover 6 years ago
Loved it

Loved this chapter. I'm really glad you're continuing this and looking forward to more.

Re: anon

They kind of _are_ Mary Sues, in the sense that they were genetically modified to be stronger, smarter, etc. I'll concede that a cobbled together lab isn't ideal circumstances, but they're motivated, they've got collaborators on the dark net, they've got time to dedicate to it, and it might be the only way they stop being hunted. I wish them all the luck.

FelHarperFelHarperover 6 years agoAuthor

Thanks, everyonr, for your feedback. As to the plot elements mentioned, I have already fixed how this story will end in my mind, along with several important events. I have foreshadowed some of this and don’t plan to alter course now.

I think that I have stressed many times that both information technology and genetic science are deeply distrusted and tightly controlled. Paradoxically, the government has thousands of former genetic engineers on its payroll, but no progress has been made against Rot. There are some revelations there that I have subtly hinted at that I will eventually reveal more explicitly. I do have an overarching story arc along with the personal relationship arcs of my characters. Rest assured that I am not angling for an easy happily ever after, and there are many more complications in store.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userFelHarper@FelHarper
694 Followers
12/12 Update: Double Helix 24 is moving along. It’s one of those chapters where I’ve had to rewrite several times for everything to make sense. Sometimes the plot flows like a river. This is one of those times where it hacks and slashes like a gory horror flick. I’ll get there...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES