All Comments on 'Double or Nothing Pt. 06: Final Take'

by saddletramp1956

Sort by:
  • 123 Comments
Kryms1nKryms1nalmost 2 years ago

This was a stunner of a return, and a welcome departure from your BTB stories. Seeing justice done is always welcome, but sometimes reconciliation and a self-centered narcissist making their life do a 180 is nice to see

other2other1other2other1almost 2 years ago

Well done ST, well done…

I did not expect redemption for Carol in any way shape or from when I first wrote the ending, in my mind she was vile, but the path to redemption was admirable, I like that it wasn’t reconciliation, but that Carol found a sense of peace (even if I don’t think she deserved it) was good.

Bringing Eli in with Ned Kelly, big smile on my face when I read it.

Also the Macca’s reference was a small thing but such an Aussie thing to do!

It was an honour to work with you on this story, and a great read!

Thank you

PowersworderPowersworderalmost 2 years ago

All this really added to the story was a happy ending for Carol, one that she absolutely did not deserve to get. She was a cruel, vindictive, self-centred woman who inflicted enormous amounts of pain on her first husband and daughter. Someone that malignant doesn't change the way Carol did at the end; she'd blame everyone else for her life turning to shit.

AngelRiderAngelRideralmost 2 years ago

I loathed the original because it was a giant literotica trope. The LAST thing I expected to help remove some of that weight. I still can't stand the story but I am pleased you chose to go a different direction from your usual.

BoxerR100BoxerR100almost 2 years ago

Ya did it again. Well done Sir...

payenbrantpayenbrantalmost 2 years ago

Was really good. Just like all your story's. Over the top and fun and fluffy! I hope you write many more. Very glad there was no reconciliation, just too much pain had been dished out. But to redeem her...? Very nice play.

Spoiler.....

Am curious about ending with her still lying though. Saying she knew nothing about what her husband was going to do...? When you wrote in how she was smirking right before it happened? Anyway, thought that was a little off but in the end. I loved it.

Sincerely,

Payenbrant

rmeyerhormeyerhoalmost 2 years ago

I don't understand how you do it in every story you write. Once again the savy you have with words is amazing.

WhackdoodleWhackdoodlealmost 2 years ago

A fucking Disney story for men.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapualmost 2 years ago

Sorry ST1956.

But I have to skipped this.

I didn't care much about original series.

And still even with your sequel, it still didn't ring a bell.

Two hot wives and the entrance of the ethereal hero Eli Justice.

Too much fiction.

I don't wonder since I never liked Harry Potter nor Narnia series.

Cito22Cito22almost 2 years ago

Well done as always with ST. 5 stars all day long.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Only in ST’s world could there ever be a rehabilitation of such an evil bitch as Carol 😎. And a nice touch to have Ned Kelly accompany Eli to make sure Dickhead did not succeed…and died 🤗

.

Unlike many, I don’t have a big problem with Carol somehow finding her way out of tne hell pit she lived in. However…this does seem to qualify as perhaps the most egregious RAAC ever posted! But it IS ST’s world!

.

Solid 4 ****

eljjeljjalmost 2 years ago
Another masterpiece

Written by a sheer genius

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As usual an excellent piece of literature. Thank you for your time and effort’s

Grant_GlapsvidhrsonGrant_Glapsvidhrsonalmost 2 years ago

I loved Other2Other1's series and was thrilled to see Saddletramp joining the fun.

At first I was shocked that ST had gone the redemption arc for Carol but then I thought, "ST knows about righteous vengeance... some of the most horrifying eternal punishments have come from his hands... maybe Adrestria, Eli, and who they work for see something that I'm missing."

The philosophical concept of the sword of justice is tied to the philosophical concept of the sword as a symbol of discernment. The sword that cleaves truth from lies, what we judge to be good vs. what we judge to be woeful.

The sword, and the hand that wielded it, cut to the benefit of Carol's soul in this case.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

That was actually well written but quite unnecessary at the same time.

AngstIgnoredAngstIgnoredalmost 2 years ago

Pretty unbelievable turnaround, for a character that was far to vile, way down deep in her psyche, to manage it. Undeserved, and unlike most of your writing, un-enjoyed this time around. I'm sure you'll hit it out of the park next time, though.

Harryin VAHarryin VAalmost 2 years ago

Why write another version of the story? who cares whether or not Carol is saved or redeemed. ? A complete waste of time.

.

Still at least in this story from Saddletramp there weren't any demons …angels… space aliens …Time Warp or alternate Dimensions

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really enjoyed it, feel like it added just enough to the original without rewriting anything. Always nice to see Eli dealing out justice. 5*

jflindersjflindersalmost 2 years ago

The sweet ending wasn't something I cared to read. Sometimes, when a character has been little but a caricature of a particularly vicious bitch, it is better to leave the ending at the character's lowest point.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Interesting, In a Rod Serling sort of way. 5 Stars as always

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

The minute you dropped that stinking turd "you need closure" this story was destroyed. The divorce was closure. When dickhead tried to kill him and his daughter and she ran, that was closure. When he told her he never wanted to hear from her ever again, that was closure. The author made Mckenzie seem like some kind of physchotic miscreant. She hates her mother and yet there's the warm greeting in the epiloge. That just put the hard turd topping on a creamy shit pie.

Monagamous_NowMonagamous_Nowalmost 2 years ago

I'm pleased with this outcome. Carol 'paid her dues' so to speak. Yeah, well done.

Turning502019Turning502019almost 2 years ago

Too much forgiveness for carol but the rest of the story was great. I have read O2O’s first five chapters many times. Great job as always.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As always Tramp, a masterful story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Outstanding!

Looking forward to more of your talent being exposed to us, yellow with resentment that we cannot weave a tale like you.

FireFox59FireFox59almost 2 years ago

Good job ST. I'm sure you'll get a lot of grief by giving Carol a happy ending but I think you handled it well and justified it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

It was odd to see someone with Carols past get her happy ending. I do believe that you did it in a good way. She had hit rock bottom and found a way to dig even further down. She had nothing left and that phone call asking for help, that did it. She found her way back. This add on to the original story was great, right up with the rest of your stories. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

"Pumpkin". Bleurgh.

Cito22Cito22almost 2 years ago

i reread it again just to make sure. Yup, no one can touch ST on stories. You know that this is partially true just from other story writers who comment on here about his skills. No, I am not one of them, if i had to depend on my writing skills, I would literally starve. The ones who have commented on here, are exceptional writers on their own.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Enough of the Justice O Peace inclusions. Please go back to writing straight forward stories. You can do better then rely of this continuous crutch of extraneous characters.

MountainMan1336MountainMan1336almost 2 years ago

I enjoyed this story as an ending to "Double or Nothing" in fact I gave it 5 stars. I especially loved how you brought " Eli Jones" in to save the day. Very well written as usual.

WetheNorthWetheNorthalmost 2 years ago
ST

You are getting mellow in your old age

SDN1955SDN1955almost 2 years ago

Gotta admit that I’ve not been a fan of most of the stories involving Max, Dr A and Eli, but this one with just the cameo of Eli worked really well for me. In an unbelievable scenario that other2other1 built, you managed to make it unbelievabler, but in a good way. Five stars from me.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

As usual, you force the reader to push the limits of suspension of disbelief, with this notion of a lawyer, even a 'damn good one' that can somehow make two twins both legally married with the same rights and privileges to the same guy. Of course, that construct really isn't your fault, it's the original author's, for making that ridiculous plot decision.

dgfergiedgfergiealmost 2 years ago

What a sappy ending...................but really good, almost had a tear in my eye. Nothing like a little action by a deranged guy shooting up a hospital. Good job about 5 stars worth. Don't know how that guy can keep up with two women, one was too much for me. There's only one thing wrong with women, men!

LT56linebackerLT56linebackeralmost 2 years ago

You did it again. 5 stars, I love your stuff. I almost blew it off, but I read the original stories. (More like slogged through it.) You definitely fixed the ending. Justice all around. The Bear approves, as with all your stories.

The BEAR

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Apparently if I want to start commenting, I have to learn the proper insults to your parentage, physical person, writing ability or lack of thereof, family, and pets. Hardly seems worth it so I can say good job. So, uh, good job - I like your writing.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great story as always. I look forward to more of your writing.

Thanks

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraalmost 2 years ago

Perfection! Great ending to this seemingly interminable Opus. Of course, calling upon Eli and brining Ned Kelly out of... errrr... retirement, fits the SaddleTramp Treatment to a 'T'! Your "writing voice" is vivid, effective and almost without peer on this site or, really, anywhere else. You've definitely hit your stride, and it seems there's nothing destined to break that stride! So, as they say in Oz, "Good ahn ya, mate!" 5++++++++++++/5!!

Bh76Bh76almost 2 years ago

Interesting completion, bud. I wouldn’t have expected redemption for Carol, especially when you teased Eli. Great read as always. 5*

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcalmost 2 years ago

SO - your sequel was nothing like I would have expected for the original. I’m not sure I liked it all the way, JOP always gets my 5* and this story is no exception. 5*

Regguy69Regguy69almost 2 years ago

Solved as only ST could, with ghosts and supernatural bullets. Kinda disappointed you gave the psycho bitch a happy ending. Kinda hoped Anastasia got to deal with her crazy ass.

njlaurennjlaurenalmost 2 years ago

Gotta love a Saddletramp story..and a unique ending, the ex wife who turns human...and also can't be bad if Eli shows up:)

oldmanbill69oldmanbill69almost 2 years ago

You are the man in tall tales! Nice add story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Whackadoodle, most of the shit on here (and it is shit) is Disney pseudo erotic/romantic fairy tale for men. A lot of these people are miserable incels.

Xzy89c1Xzy89c1almost 2 years ago

Original was a silly story. This was just continuation of mediocrity.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I didn't like the ending to the original story with the polyamorous relationship. Unfortunately your story just had a bunch of violence and recovery to it and wasn't very interesting.

rn2711rn2711almost 2 years ago

I don't think this ending is doing justice with the rest of the story. Too less emotions. The injuries of the wives are not as described. Carole's behavior is not consistent with the letter description.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good story. After reading the letter in other2other1’s last chapter, I was apprehensive about everything I knew would happen, but the story flowed nicely. And I wasn’t even bothered by Carol’s reformation, which seemed genuine. I don’t know how often it happens in real life. Probably as often as it happens in Loving Wives, lol.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

I liked the story, but has Eli always hung out with Ned Kelley? Weird.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Another masterpiece... from the master! 10 stars!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not a good continuation. Any way at all you could possibly challenge yourself to write a damn story without the characters like Eli etc. It's gotten boring, EVERY story from you has them in it and it just didn't fit this story.

AardieAardiealmost 2 years ago

Thanks for FTDS. The last chapter dropped too many cruel bombshells in the last few paragraphs. If Carol was so innocent, why was she trying to throw that haymaker sucker punch when the shooting started?

Qwer12Qwer12almost 2 years ago
Very Well Done 5 Stars

That was an exceptional add on chapter. One of the best ones you have done. I really enjoyed it and was top shelf entertainment. Great ending and a wonderful way to leave this group. Thanks for your time to write and added it this story. Cheers

BeBopper99BeBopper99almost 2 years ago

5***** The Tramp does it again thereby keeping his #1 ranking as the best writer on LW! WRITE ON!

AbctoyAbctoyalmost 2 years ago

Loved Justice O Peaace intervention. Was Ned Kelley doing his penance for his past?

arrowglassarrowglassalmost 2 years ago
Great finish!

Of course, would expect nothing else from saddletramp1956!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzaralmost 2 years ago

You can write. I've read several of your stories and they are well crafted. What possessed you to do this? Are you just out of your own ideas? You take an average to below average existing story and tag on a silly addendum. You should be ashamed of this effort.

WargamerWargameralmost 2 years ago

I liked the story, but the ending wasn’t too stellar IMHO.

Letting Carole get a happy ending just did not seem right to me given all the hurt and angst she caused.

Scores 4/5, the usual 5 eludes you this time.

Rayjag1980Rayjag1980almost 2 years ago

This conclusion seemed unnecessary and far fetched. Personally to me felt out of place with the original stories.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Loses a point for being mawkishly sentimental (e.g "Pumpkin') and for resorting to asinine Dr. Phil/Oprah trope of "closure."

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyalmost 2 years ago

Any author that trusts you to complete their story can relax knob!wing you will do a great job!

5

JH4FunJH4Funalmost 2 years ago
Good Story (3 Stars)

While it is unusual for me to give one of your stories ⭐⭐⭐. That is all I could give you on this one. While I enjoyed the tie-in with Justice O Peace of your writing and Ned Kelly of Australian legendary gangs, those some of the things that made it a good story for me.

It was a good sequel/prequel to the other 5 of the series.

As always Keep Writing

JH4 Fun

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Not your best work, saddletramp1956. No explanation concerning Eli & Ned Kelly, no real connection to the "loving Wives" category!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! At best, it was Non-Erotic!!!!!!!!!!! A good story but didn't fit into the category!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're one of my favorite writers but this was miscategorized and left plenty of holes in the action.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Ah Saddletramp I have read all of Terry Others works BUT you really put the icing on the cake Thank you (jaybee186)

Po8pPo8palmost 2 years ago

I don't know what to say but this story was drifting off to ' male ego dreamland' and yes, I'm a male too but some things are better forgotten in real life.

Thanks for the story.

I love closures on all stories I read

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 2 years ago

The turn around at the end pushed this into five star range.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

One of my dreams came true. Saddle Tramp by completing Double or Nothing. However, it could have been better. In my opinion, Adrestia condemning Stephan would have been better than Eli killing him. But Carol's redemption was the best. 5 stars

Rancher46Rancher46almost 2 years ago

Saddletramp1956, you put a wonderful ending to a story that was one of my all-time favorites. Well done. 5/5

FastEddie2632FastEddie2632almost 2 years ago

Nice finish to the story. Thank you.

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesalmost 2 years ago

I was a bit skeptical when this addition popped up in the menu of new stories, about how you would approach the addendum. However I feel you carried the theme of the original story over very well. Enjoyed the inclusion of Eli and Ned Kelly. I have always enjoyed your writing, and thanks for your efforts.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

i hope this not the last of the justice series also i would to see more of semper invictus series too 5 stars as always ( wreckermaned )

Undertaker1953Undertaker1953almost 2 years ago

Nice to see this story get your treatment again5 stars well done .

Ned Kelly is a nice touch a whole new twist ,nes series saddletramp endings

Well done so many unfinished story's on here give it a go

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Great end to an epic tale. Thanks.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

In the immortal words from G Bush after Trump's inauguration speach: "That was some weird shit!"

Big_Tim99Big_Tim99almost 2 years ago

This story series is one of my favorites.

The one thing I found hard to understand is giving Dickhead work release in a hospital. He should never have been allowed near one again, unless he was a patient.

At least Carole learned from her mistakes, even though it took her losing everything before she learned it.

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

Not your best, for me it did not gel correctly. This is not your usual style however of all your stories the ones that include Eli are my least favoured.

emsoneemsoneover 1 year ago

Great finish to a well told story.

tlevanssrtlevanssrover 1 year ago

A great finish for Double or Nothing. I'm glad you wrote it. As with all your stories 5 stars.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

THAT SKANKING BITCH CAROL DID NOT DESERVE THIS END, SHE SHOULD HAVE DIED IN THE HOSPITAL

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Well done! Took a cliff hanger and turned it into a happy ending.

JIm

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Love the story. Like I did with the original story. AAAAAA++++++

Lawrie1941Lawrie1941over 1 year ago

How to spoil a good story. Your treatment is really way below par. Not your usual style

Nato_Nato_over 1 year ago

Thank you for wrapping it up the way you did. 5/5

Nato_

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

St may be mellowing. Or he may be slipping down the hill . Hard to tell. Not up to the usual well established standard, and not the first time for recent fails like this.

Simon_MastersSimon_Mastersabout 1 year ago

Don't know how this slipped by me, double or nothing is one of my favourite stories, I like what you've done here.

Simon

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice fill-in, ST1956, glad I read it.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Nice story about forgiveness rather than retribution.

Ed

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Thank heavens, a Literotica writer who knows the difference between "hung" and "hanged."

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

A story to cry to. Loved it, now on the the next one.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Great story but this fade to black seems to be third grade. But keep writing and I can over look it.

Old FLorida cracker, 40 miles east of Okeechobee. Today's joke. Tall boy came home from school and said ``I got a part in the school play". "What part did you GET SON. I am playing the part of an 48 year old married man". "DON`T BE SAD SON, MAYBE NEXT TIME THEY WILLGIVE A SPEAKING PART". HAVE A GREAT DAY!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Didn't care for you using your own characters in the story. Not really the place for them. Also, other than barely mentioning Terry's 4 children with Harmony and Melody early on, you didn't include them in the story whatsoever. Lost a star for that mistake.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 1 year ago

2nd reading for me and still an excellent original story and this addon. Like the use of Justice O. Peace as your series with him is great.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Marked this 4 stars but had some trouble with Terry marrying both sisters. Yes, I know this's your universe, but even so, I'd like to make it believable. Personally, now, after what his 1st wife did to him, I'm not sure I'd want any closure; that she's no longer in my llfe would be enough. That's just me. Outside of that, a fine, fine story by by this excellent writer. He should teach many of the other authors how to write. Bob

KahunabobKahunabobabout 1 year ago

To Anonymous below me from 2 days ago, ST asked another writer on here, Other2other1 if he could write an epilogue for a pretty damn good series Other2other1 wrote a couple of years ago. Read up on that and you'll understand the reasons behind the twins both marrying Terry Other better.

OldmantruckerOldmantruckerabout 1 year ago

Not a bad ending to the story that *other* wrote. Glad he gave yeah permission.. but even your own stories are notable. So thks and keep um coming.. if you please.. 👍 👌😉🤠

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usersaddletramp1956@saddletramp1956
Enjoying life one day at a time... I write for fun and for entertainment. Please note that any statements by characters in my stories do not necessarily reflect the views of opinions of the author. Please feel free to follow me on Twitter at @saddletramp1951 or contact me d...