All Comments on 'Down & Up The Road Ch. 04'

by CraCyn55

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 19 years ago
Very Well Written

.... But as I said, after I read "Sandy's" account, I think Sandy's journey and her brutally painful and sorrowful reflection on life and living was still the best. Hers, as I said, was perhaps the most difficult personal story I've read here in Literotica.

Sandy was like an animal (like we homo sapiens are), a very sexual animal, whose sexual activities [proclivities is the better term here] took hold much of her life, for many years. But she --- although deeply flawed in many ways (aren't we all?), as I also noted --- was a very deeply reflective and intelligent person, who's able to carefuly and deeply reflect on life and its harsh but unbending lessons...

("Tracy Lord", the person, not the teenage porno actress, says pretty much the same thing about her own life, in her autobiography, which I glanced at at the books store the other day [she's from my days in the 1980s and 90s].)

So, again, Ted's "side" of the story, though nice (and nicely summarized, too, by the author), has not said any thing more profound about life and the choices that we encounter, that we make, as we march on through it than Sandy's (artistically, Sandy's was more original)...

We may be nothing more than naked apes, to borrow Desmond Morris's words, but we are also a species of thinking, feeling, and reflective naked apes. We may not be able to suppress our hormones (at the deepest levels, at least) and/or the impulses and impulsive acts that they dictate, deep from within our repitilian brains, but we ought to use the other parts of our brains to help us extrapolate to both the past and the future (i.e., to help us "navigate", as the author used here in his story), in more sophisticated and more abstract ways (beyond chimps and other intelligent naked apes)....

Good adult stories, even when they have raw/erotic sex in them, should also appeal to our intellects, should also teach us about ourselves, as they entertain us....

We are not only actors on a stage, but we're also our own executive producers and directors! Stories and examples of others --- their triumphs and defeats --- should make us better actors, producers, and directors of our own lives....

I, by heart, am a "romantic" (theoretically, at least); but I don't think --- insofar as this story goes --- Sandy and Ted should be brought together again by the author. That's a bit too cliched.

Last comment: I think one exhibitionist in this story is enough; don't make Ted into one, too, as the author seemed to have done here! lol

But, again, and over-all, job extremely well done, CryCyn55.

sherlock40sherlock40over 19 years ago
Nicely written story

How can you say that when Ted was married to Sandy that they were their own individual creatures and that when she left she didn't take anything from him when she left. When you are married your lives and love is so intertwined as to be inseperable. When one partner leaves (whether through death or divorce), that love together is usually so ingrained in each other that it is like tearing your own arm off. There is always that loss, that sense of something missing, that it can take years to get over it.

And to Anonymous below, there is a difference between animals and us. We are able to control our baser emotions and feelings. In several experiments conducted on animals, the scientists would hook up a switch to the pleasure area in the brain and another switch to providing food. All, and I mean all of the animals starved to death. They kept pressing the pleasure button over and over again until they died. Humans can make the decision to eat or gain pleasure. It takes a decision to cheat or love or eat or anything. That is where we differ from animals. We can choose one direction or another.

Sandy chose her direction. I hope Ted chooses another direction.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous