Down the Staircase Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

There was no way I would square off and go toe to toe with Mark in a fight. I was five eight and now weighed a whole one fifty, having gained a few pounds since college. Mark stood at least six two or three and weighed two hundred thirty. I know because he would brag how he still weighed the same as he did when he played college ball.

That crap about standing up and fighting like a man is just that...crap. David was smart enough to not face Goliath on the battlefield armed the way everybody at the time considered fair combat. He got out his handy dandy slingshot and nailed the bastard. Of course nothing in the Bible calls that unethical or cheating. It was written how God guided David to win. I just wish I had been as smart as David.

All my plans and daydreams went out the window when I unlocked my apartment door. I knew they were in there. I saw Mark's car parked out front next to Judy's. Later I would claim I did not recognize it. I was quiet when I opened the door, not jangling my keys as I returned them to my pocket.

It would not have mattered. Nether of the cheating fuckers would hear a sound over their grunting and wailing. "Fuck me! Fuck me! Fuck me! Pound my pussy!" Judy's words hit me like a sledgehammer. All my plans were forgotten. She was bent over the back of the couch like they had described in the phone call I had recorded. He was standing behind jackhammering into her. I considered booting him in the balls from behind, but his legs were close together. Mark was just about to cum when I hit him in the side knocking him off the bitch.

"You cocksucker!" he screamed as he realized what had happened. I had not knocked him that far or that hard, just out of Judy's pussy. His cock was spurting even as he spun around. For some stupid reason, both of us froze and looked at it. He was fast for a big man and grabbed me by the front of my suit coat. I tried to punch him to get away, and get my pistol out but a suit coat is pretty restrictive for fast rapid movement like that. Not like in the movies. Plus once he grabbed me, I was going nowhere. He shook me like a pitbull with a possum. His arms were so much longer that my swings hit empty air. I started kicking and I know at least one kick caught him in the balls. Not hard enough to make him turn loose though. He held on.

By this time Judy had turned around. She could tell I was reaching for my pistol and she grabbed my right arm to stop me. I realized later that was why my right coat sleeve had been bunched up to my elbow and her fingernails gouged the three furrows up my forearm. I was trying to shake her off.

I had not shut the door when I came in. Mark half lifted me off my feet and charged me across the living room and out the door. He turned loose when he shoved me out into mid-air over the stairs.

=======

I listened to the cops talking about what they knew. I quickly formulated a plan. I hoped it worked out better than my plan to run a naked Mark off at gunpoint. I moaned loudly to let the hospital staff I had regained consciousness. The doctor came in immediately to check me out. He had me wiggle fingers and toes and concluded I was basically intact, but told me to limit moving. No shit, Sherlock! Blinking hurt.

The cops came in and asked if I was willing to tell them what happened. I told them almost the same story I related above. I knew my wife and her boss had an ongoing affair and was taking steps to divorce her. I did not expect to catch them in my apartment in the act though. I told them the part how I was dumb enough to knock Mark off my wife.

The part I added was what Mark said after he grabbed me. "He said, 'You cocksucker, I am going to kill you! If you happen to live, you'll know your place, you fucking cuck!'

I said, "Judy grabbed my arm so I could not hit him or reach for my pistol. She said, "Careful! You know he has a gun. Shit I can't hold him much longer. You're gonna have to do something quick!"

"Next thing I knew all three of us are rushing across the living room and out the door. I'm not sure when Judy turned loose but I was so far off balance, no way could I get my pistol. Then I was sailing out into the air backwards and then hearied a crunch. I guess he threw me down the stairs." I said. 'That is all I remember. I hope the doc is right and I'm not paralyzed." I said.

Did I feel bad about lying? About adding the part where he said he was going to kill me or Judy telling him to do it quick? Nope. Fuck both of them. I just hoped there was no evidence to the contrary. Thinking about it, I wondered if they ever videoed themselves fucking. That would be bad.

Forensics actually supported my story. Mark claimed I attacked him and he defended himself. He was visiting Judy, one of his agents, because she was feeling bad and he was concerned. I must have got the wrong idea about what was happening. Then after he pushed me away and yelled at me, I turned tail and ran out the door. I tripped at the top of the stairs hit the railing and fell down the stairs. Judy agreed, just adding Mark pushed me hard to get me going. She grabbed my arm to keep me from punching Mark at the beginning. And that was how I got scratched. The investigators found my suit pants were spattered with Mark's semen which proved I was very close to him and there were several smears of semen and vaginal fluids on my right pants legs which showed I had kicked him in the groin. I was facing him at the time, not running.

They did not initially charge Mark with attempted murder but did with assault. Mark posted bail. He did not have the full amount of course so he used a bail bondsman. The ten percent charge would still cost him five thousand out of pocket. I wondered if he felt the piece of ass he got worth it

I would not know about any of this for a while. Even my brothers conspired to not tell me everything they had heard until the doctors said I was out of the woods. They wanted me to remain calm.

Shortly after I made my statement to the cops, I had an episode and passed out. To me I had just closed my eyes and no time had passed at all. I awoke in a semi-dark room. I laid there for a bit thinking about the conversation I was having with the cops. I had already decided how I was going to respond to my cheating wife and Mark if and when I saw them again. They were not only cheaters, but now they wanted me dead. I would treat them accordingly. Just before I passed out I had planned to shoot Mark if he ever approached me. I'd claim I thought he was coming back to finish the job. Okay, so I like to fantasize about shit that is never gonna happen.

A nurse was in the room. I did not notice the other person until she stepped close. It was Judy. I began yelling. "Get her out! She tried to kill me! Get her out!" One of my brothers rushed in to find out what was going on. Judy was shocked and began crying."No! No! No!" she wailed. "I did not hurt you! I love you!"

'You helped the bastard throw me down the stairs!" I yelled. They ushered Judy out. She was bawling and protesting the whole way. Okay, so I was being a prick. I did sort of want to talk to her. I wanted to hear her explain how she wanted rough pounding sex so bad, she would go look for it somewhere instead of talking to me. If she wanted rough role play on occasion I would have been happy to oblige. But I would never condone her cheating.

The doctors kept me in the hospital under close observation for a whole week because of my concussion. They were afraid I'd be out somewhere and my brain would start swelling. My two brothers visited regularly and even camped out in my room the first couple days. They could barely believe what I said about Judy. Finally I whispered to John that I exaggerated her role helping the asshole try to kill me. "I can always back off that a bit later." I said. 'But for right now, I want the bitch to suffer. She cheated. She destroyed our marriage and my trust. Tell Dave what I said. I'm paranoid about recordings, so will not say anything out loud here." John thought that part funny. The day I got out of the hospital I told him the details of how I bugged Judy's phone. "If you want, you can tell her I am hurt and angry but I will talk to her when I am strong enough."

Yeah, give the bitch a little hope, I thought. Like she gave me a little hope of a happy future before she trounced it. I was angry, but I loved the bitch. Which made the whole thing hurt even more.

One of the visitors I allowed was Julie, Mark's wife. She came to see me as soon as she heard I woke up. Which was a day after the event. Of course she heard parts of what had happened. When charges are filed, the testimony and evidence is not publicized. She wanted to know why Mark had been arrested for my assault. As you can imagine Mark had not been too open about the situation. He had given her the same line he had given the police. How he had been visiting one of his agents when her husband came home. Judy was wearing a robe and I jumped to conclusions and thought the worst. We got into a scuffle and I had fallen down the stairs. He was accused of pushing me but was innocent.

I thought his story ludicrous. Obviously he knew nothing about the video taken or suspected there might be forensic evidence. I wondered if the man was delusional or just hopeful the neighbors would not be questioned. I told her they were fucking when I walked in the door. "Mark said you would claim he was having an affair with your wife. But it was all innocent." she said. "I'm not buying that bullshit. What I want to know is do you have proof? I have a prenup. I get seventy percent of the communal assets if he cheated and I can prove it."

"Leave some for me. I plan to sue the bastard for whatever he has left after his criminal trial." I said. "You need to contact an attorney and file for divorce to lock your share of your assets so he cannot use that for his defense. I have an audio recording of them talking about their affair. Plus copies of a few texts. But there is also a video of both Mark and my wife standing on the landing of my apartment, just after he threw me down the stairs. Both of them are naked and from what I heard, it is obvious his penis was still wet and my wife had cum running down her legs. On top of that is my testimony. But if that is not enough, the clothes I was wearing at the time might have some evidence on them. Hard to imagine I could get into a scuffle with a naked man who had just ejaculated all over and not have something on me."

"You have all that?" she asked, shocked. I nodded. I told her I knew Mark liked rough pounding sex. That convinced her immediately I had everything I said. "I'm going to see my lawyer as soon as I leave here. Please help me get the rest of that evidence as soon as you can." I assured her I would.

"Julie, I don't think either Mark or Judy realize just how much evidence there is against them. They told a lie and are sticking to it. They told the cops I misjudged the situation and over-reacted and that is what got me hurt. I'll be willing to bet Mark is out there right now doing as much damage control as he can. He might be hiding money, but from what I understand you can get that back. Hopefully, you can fix it so whatever he forfeits to the bail bondsman is taken out of his share and not yours." She gave me a hug and wished me well before she left. I had met her before when Mark had parties for his agents like at Christmas and other holidays. She was nice. She did not deserve the shitstorm coming her way. I didn't either.

The day after I got out of the hospital, I was sitting at my family's fishing camp. I planned to take as much medical leave as I could. Then I would burn my vacation time. My boss knew the situation and told me he was working on a way I could work remotely a couple hours a day as I 'recuperated' and still draw my regular pay.

I thought about how I lied and compounded their offense of cheating into a crime. Then I reconsidered. I DID take a backwards tumble down a stairway. It was not due to my own clumsiness. I was pushed forcefully. Maybe Mark only wanted me out of the way so he could get his pants on without getting shot but I really did not care. I was going for the jugular or his balls.

That morning I was very busy. I cancelled our credit card. I left Judy her half of the balance which was not much since I had paid our debts. I had not wanted to tip my hand too early so I waited. Now it was time to finish it. I might have to pay it later, but for now, I could make things as uncomfortable for Judy as I could. The rent and utilities were all paid up. But I was not going to provide a penny for Judy to eat or for a drop of gas for her car. Not until ordered to do so by the court.

Julie, Mark's wife, had moved swiftly. Despite my thought he might try to hide money, he apparently thought his line of bullshit was enough and he had nothing to fear. I was a jealous husband who let his imagination run away with him. she took her seventy percent of the available cash and had their investment accounts locked.

But I wanted answers. I called Judy and told her where I was. She had called my brothers several times while I was in the hospital begging for me to meet with her. I told her she could drive out that afternoon. I warned her she better come alone. If she brought Mark so he could try to convince me to drop the charges or some such nonsense, I would drop him where he stood but with a bullet. If I saw him, I would assume he was coming after me. I said this almost hoping they were recording what I said. I wanted it on record I was not going to risk another attack

It was a tearful meeting. I will admit, I hated losing the woman. I loved her, but not as much as before. I was sure she loved me but not enough to not cheat. Crossing the gap between fidelity and being loyal? She missed that boat. "I am SO glad you let me come out so we can talk." she said as she parked. "You know I was not helping Mark try to kill you!" she began. I shrugged.

I invited her inside. I claimed I was feeling weak and needed to sit and asked her to get us drinks. Of course she knew the house well having been there many times. As I listened to her get the beers out of the fridge, I went to the living room, a small area that served as the communal gathering area that adjoined the kitchen and served as dual purpose. I tapped the icons on my laptop and cell phone to begin the video recordings. Both were focused on the chair where I intended her to sit. I sat down and waited.

"I'm wondering if you are trying to get me to say something on a recording." I began.

She assured me she had not. "My cell phone is in my purse. And to prove I have nothing on me..." Without another word, she stripped naked to my total astonishment. "Want to stick a finger up my pussy and ass to show I don't have bug hidden up there?" she asked humping her hips. She was smiling now. This was a kinky game in her mind and she was all for it. I would have been too if she had not been fucking her boss.

I told her she might want to get dressed while we talked. "Fuck that." she declared. "I'll stay naked. You might need to give me a towel so I don't leave a 'snail trail' on the chair. My pussy is SO wet. Are you sure you don't want to feel me up in case I have a recorder hidden up there?" she asked, grinning. "Please do it. Use a couple fingers and take your time feeling around." She was not being sarcastic. I could tell. She honestly wanted to play. The woman was hot. She was fully aware of the effect she had on me. I knew she was playing me. She had an agenda. "Where do you want to start?" she asked.

"Let's start with why." I said. "No, not why you decided to cheat. I want to know why you were willing to help that son of a bitch kill me." I spat. I sucked in my breath trying to control myself.

"I wasn't trying to help HIM." Judy said tearfully. "I was trying to help myself. I had no idea he was going to do that. I wanted to stop you from shooting him. Even when he pushed you outside, I thought he was going to close the door and we'd get dressed. Then we could deal with the problem. But then......"

"He threw me down the stairs." I finished for her. She nodded. "And you went inside and concocted a story to cover for him. You lied to protect the man who tried to kill me." She looked at me. Her facial expression a combination of horror and guilt. She nodded again.

"Yes, I thought...I was afraid you were dead." she said. "He pushed you so hard you just flew out into the air. I looked down and you were not moving. Your eyes were not even closed. I was terrified."

"You did not even check on me. The police told me when they arrived Cheryl from next door was kneeling next to me but you were up on the landing in a robe, just crying." I said. "You went inside, the asshole got dressed and you put on a robe. I guess you made up a quick story about how I came home to find you in a robe with your boss. He had just come over to check on you because you called in sick. I got the wrong impression and attacked him. He defended himself and when he came at me I ran like a pussy, tripped and fell down the stairs. All an accident." I scowled. "No mention of how I found you guys fucking."

"I did not describe it that way.!" Judy said. Then she paused. "How do you know that? What we said?"

"Because the cops interrogated me." I said. "Two people told one story. I told another. I had a head injury so they wanted to make sure I could not have misinterpreted things. I notice they just charged Mark with assault NOT attempted murder,." Yet, I thought. "Tell me why you lied your ass off for the son of a bitch! Helping get him get off."

"I was scared!" Judy declared. "I'm sorry! I did not know if you were even alive. Mark told me that if you had a head injury and were still alive, you might not even remember how you got hurt. We heard the sirens and I did not have time to go get dressed. I just had my little robe. We made up a quick story and went out. Mark thought he might get away. If he did, I was going to say it was you and I having an argument and you tripped."

There were so many holes in her story. I did not even mention Cheryl from next door and her parents were at least witnesses to her and Mark standing nude on the landing if not the actual assault.

"You were willing to go that far to cover for his ass?" I asked, aghast. She nodded.

"He said he'd make it up to me. But if the truth came out he would lose everything and we'd both go to jail. Him for throwing you down the stairs and me for helping cover." Judy sobbed. "If you were alive, it would be your word against ours we were, uhhhh doing anything. So we had to keep up the lie even after we found out you'd be okay. Mark kept saying maybe you'd have amnesia. You remember everything don't you?"

"Every detail." I said. "You are talking about him losing most of his money because of the prenup with his wife, aren't you? You know I already told her what I saw."

"She needs proof to invoke the pre-nup. Your word is not enough." Judy said. "Mark asked me to tell you he will pay you off if you change your story about him pushing you down the stairs deliberately. And about us having sex. He will give us fifty thousand dollars. Twenty five thousand each. We can use it for counseling. I'll quit my job and we can get back together."

I had not expected this. I know I must have had an incredulous look on my face. "Bullshit!" I spat. "Do you really think I would EVER cover for him? Plus there is no way he can get that kind of money without his wife finding it. You gotta know she is checking their financials. He won't be able to buy a candy bar without her knowing.'

"He already has it in a secret account." Judy said. "He has been hiding money in an offshore account for years. Royal Bank in Grand Cayman. He has been putting money in an account there using his oldest boy's name and social security number. He called it his retirement fund. He says he will give us some. All you have to do is change your story. Please, Robert, we can get back to where we were and have a nice little nest egg. Mark means nothing to me. He was just a good time. You are what I want. I want a family with YOU." she pleaded.