All Comments on 'Down the Staircase Ch. 02'

by Gamblnluck

Sort by:
  • 68 Comments
appaloosa1453appaloosa1453over 2 years ago

I am actually glad you had the mc not date the sister i got worried there for a minute

WetheNorthWetheNorthover 2 years ago
The best part

Is the Buddy Hackett joke

(although I did like the whole story)

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

CH 2 is a repeat of CH 1

Phoenix2019Phoenix2019over 2 years ago

Thank you for finishing the story as well as for taking the time to write and post..

tizwickytizwickyover 2 years ago

A great plot with a disappointing and rushed ending. Still good just wished it was a lot more detailed.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lawyers.

PowersworderPowersworderover 2 years ago

It was okay, but felt a bit anticlimactic.

After it was revealed how the wife supported Mark's story when she thought her husband lay dead or dying at the bottom of the stairs, she fully deserved to get burned. Unfortunately, Lucas was incredibly lenient with her, when Judy was not only unfaithful to him, but her interference in the fight nearly led to him being killed.

-

At the absolute bare minimum, the husband should've dated Rachel, the younger sister. Not only would it have been extremely painful for Judy to watch them play happy families, most guys would find it very hard to resist the chance to sleep with a hot sister-in-law. When Lucas turned her down because he didn't want to upset Judy, I basically lost any respect for the husband.

kelchakelchaover 2 years ago

5*

Thanks. Enjoyed the story.

Mac_LapuMac_Lapuover 2 years ago

The joke was hilarious.

All in all it was a good series.

I do agree with author marrying a sister of your ex-wife who nearly got you killed is just a bit

morbid for me, especially if the sister looks like the ex-wife, I'd probably have some nightmares here and there...

swedishreader1swedishreader1over 2 years ago

The first part was decent, you should have left it at that.

The second part was juvenile drivel.

skruff101skruff101over 2 years ago

Nice when the author sticks to his guns, most other authors would have turned this into an RAAC ending.

Good job.

sbrooks103sbrooks103over 2 years ago

"I made a recording of that conversation as well." - I thought the whole call was being automatically recorded.

\

"If my sister is so fucking dumb she'd give you up, I want you." - Not another "husband ending up with ex-sister-in-law" story! Thank god they didn't.

\

"I work in critical care in the hallway - Critical care in the hallway?

\

First part was better.

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 2 years ago

Really enjoyed the series. As always, a little quick in the epilogue, but solid story front to back! 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

It ended the way it had to end. He was a lot more kind to his slut wife than most would be. Not hooking up with the sister is one of the smartest thing any ex husband has ever done on Lit 🤗

.

Mark sure was stupid.

.

4 ****

mattenwmattenwover 2 years ago

A very entertaining and well-told story. I liked it. Thank you for sharing!

mikeyjb51mikeyjb51over 2 years ago

Good wrap up, just saying

FireFox59FireFox59over 2 years ago

Thanks for the quick follow-up of chapter 2.

ThorlolThorlolover 2 years ago

I wish I could read a story where the wife makes some sense. Atleast she knew why she cheated wich is rare in the LW section but otherwise always acted contradictory to what she said or wanted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not erotic. Pretty boring act.

fishgetterfishgetterover 2 years ago

YES!!!! A REALLY good one.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 2 years ago

You story was a lot of work, and you have a very active mind. Can't say it was the best I've read, but it was entertaining.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

A decent plot idea, and good character development. But the writing style is distracting and tedious, with numerous irrelevant or puzzling details. Why did we need to know the details of the vacation Judy's parents were on? Why did we need to details of what the cuck did to get his video and audio recordings, what equipment he used, where he placed cameras or devices, when and how he turned them on?

Imagine a cooking show where in the course of demonstrating some recipe the chef tells you that his mother purchased his 408A stainless measuring cups for him as an apartment warming gift while she was visiting an old college room mate in Chicago last February. And while you are trying to figure out what that has to do with executing the recipe you get distracted and miss some of the truly important steps or instructions for the recipe. Even if you can replay the missed parts its annoying, and puzzling. Who gives a fuck what kind of steel or when and where the measuring cups were purchased? Your writing style detracts from what otherwise would be a compelling and suspenseful story. Just my opinion.

Of course there's the usual LW plot fault of a wife who was loving and loyal and intelligent who suddenly becomes a betraying selfish sex-starved whore, and the husband has no clue. Like such a drastic change in personality, values, morals, and behavior would have no discernible affect on their marriage, home life, or other interactions with friends and family. How does a husband not notice a wife that is newly and regularly being fucked like she is being force raped and abused? Oh, of course, from an errant text message. I guess most of our wives could be being hate fucked, several times a week, and . . ., who could tell? Ridiculous.

I do a appreciate the effort. You have great potential and energy and enthusiasm, but it takes a fine practiced touch to know what is contributing to the story and what is distracting. Here's a hint: What kind of trees did Huckleberry Finn build his raft from? What kind of leather were the restraints in 50 Shades Of Grey, cowhide, pigskin, synthetic? Etc.

26thNC26thNCover 2 years ago

Good finish to your story. Everything worked out well for him, especially with Cheryl. Mark, as written, won’t survive his prison sentence.

GamblnluckGamblnluckover 2 years agoAuthor

@ Sbrooks about critical care in the hall. I guess I wasn't clear enough. Many critical care units are shared by disciplines. Like neuro in on hallway (patients are in rooms off the side of course NOT in the hallway itself) then a door that is usually left open or a turn and the adjoining hall has cardiac patients.

@ditttybopper about the details I like to add to my stories. My main character's 'family-in-law' were strangely absent from visiting him. Asking questions why he kicked their daughter out of his room etc. Does it make sense they would have stayed away if they lived in the same city? Especially if they got along well. I needed some reason for them to be gone.. off on a cruise with them just returning was a good ploy in my opinion.

As far as details go of how he got his information/ audio video files. Think about it. If I said. "I found out she...... How? Too many people have characters who go into CIA level surveilence or are rich enough to pay a few hundred a day plus expenses for a PI to 'find out/get pictures' And yes, phone monitoring is available and advertised as I described.

I initially wanted Robert to be a not so nice guy. Everybody thinks they are good or at least on the side of right. In my first edition of this story, Robert decided to screw with his wife and Mark by first lying about Mark's threat to kill him. (Mark got blindsided and knocked off Judy while doing the deed). He was surprised and felt threatened. He grabbed his assailant. Yeah, he went too far in how he threw Robert out the door and down the stairs. But it was in the heat of the moment and he really had no respect for Robert in the first place so what he did was not a problem.

I considered Robert going after Mark as a project. Destroying his reputation, then get him convicted, getting people in prison to nail Mark to the wall and make him suffer (which I saved for a future story). So I went for a quicker closure.

For those who liked or did not like Robert not screwing his wife's sister I did that NOT because he did not want to hurt his ex-wife's feelings, but something like that really would screw the whole family. He liked his inlaws.

Judy would not have stayed in jail long for her role. Too many mitigating circumstances but the judge wanted 'some ' time. She did not escape unscathed. Mark was the bad guy. He suffered.

Why are some of these women cliche? because cliche's often reflect true life. Look it up. Some women want more.. the bad boy, more or different sex. The joke about men wanting Betty Crocker in the kitchen and a whore in the bedroom is probably true. But I will bet some women do NOT want their husband to think of them as a whore at any time. NOT her husband. But if she can act out a fantasy without getting caught, then hey... True? I'm not sure. I'm a man.

One thing I am surprised about here. Out of some 80 comments nobody accused me of offering carrying a gun instead of 'being a man and use his fists." That is a common comment. I did get one who asked why he left his gun holstered (he said coat pocket" but if you carry a pistol you do NOT put it in a coat pocket.

I thought I explained that. He did NOT want to go to jail. He got pissed and stopped thinking and threw his plans out the window. Me? I would have done like I mentioned..run the bastard out and down the street naked at gunpoint

Now, I was not trying to cross all the T's and dot the I's but I wanted some kind of satisfactory ending. To those who think writing a story is easy I say this: TRY IT.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Pretty good story. Perhaps milked a bit. Could have left out the sister wanting to hook up with him.

Four stars.

WargamerWargamerover 2 years ago

Liked it. Personally, l would’ve liked him getting together with Rachael their relationship would’ve rubbed Judy’s face in her adultery every day. A fitting punishment for her crimes.

5/5

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I thought the shallow and totally brain dead wife took a lot away from the story. Otherwise not a bad story. Thanks for posting.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Nice variation on the theme of cheating wives stories.

iameaseliameaselover 2 years ago

I had higher hopes, while it wasnt bad, you really did make Mark into the mustache twirling over the top villian, obviously to keep the reader emotionally riled up, but that comes across more desperate than a good bit of story telling.

Its what LW writers do, though it would be preferable if you didnt.

GarySmith69GarySmith69over 2 years ago

Good story thank you

rnebularrnebularover 2 years ago

Honestly not bad, but I had to groan at the overused tropes such as the sister who'd always loved him waiting in the wings, or the hot nurse that falls for him and they live happily ever after. Not much new ground here, but at least the cheating wife was remorseful and helped him in court by being honest. Thanks for sharing.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

The first chapter was good, but this one went off the rails quickly with the two very overused LW tropes, the wife’s family wholly sidling with the cheated on husband and the younger sister wanting to take up with the husband.

I finished the story, but those two points pretty much ruined it for me,

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 2 years ago

Mr Sworder said that most men couldn’t resist hooking up with the younger sister. Ughhh!

Not just no, but Hell no!

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Lol love them jokes , they’re the shit ! Liked your story too both chapters !

FlynnTaggartFlynnTaggartover 2 years ago

5 stars on this chapter too. Good ending, wasn't even sure how it was going to go with either reconciliation with Judy or burning her, getting with Judy's sister, getting with Mark's wife, and then getting with Cheryl. I wish there was a bit more explanation as to why she was so willing to go with Mark for months despite seeming to really love the MC enough to where I think reconciliation was possible but other then that great story.

dark2donut2dark2donut2over 2 years ago

This is OK, avoiding stereotypes is good. I hope you can stay away from SM garbage.

zeuspmzeuspmover 2 years ago

not a single character felt like real life person.. this is worse than wolf erotica.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 2 years ago

Calamity! Catastrophe! Woe unto the Nations! Another perfectly good cheating wife gets hers story ruined by the author just having to have the ex- wife’s hot little sister and every woman within 400 square mile instantly desperate for his fine manly body.

Shit happens all the time. WHY GOD? WHY?

SexecutionerSexecutionerover 2 years ago

Slutwife got off too easily, par for the course here.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

I enjoyed the entire story. However, when 1st talking to Judy, he should've been more adamant & harsh on her taking Mark's side instead of his... even when she thought he might be dead. When, after her jail sentence & she wanted to get back together again, this should've been brought up, along with any possible infidelity that she'd just be more careful in hiding. She's shown her disrespect & lack of love for hubby even before being caught.

I agree with a commenter saying her jail sentence was much too light. Really!

RanDog025RanDog025over 2 years ago

Excellent storyworth 5 BIG STARS!

Rancher46Rancher46over 2 years ago

Good BTB tale. 5 stars

GuyfromShadesGuyfromShadesabout 2 years ago

Thanks for writing the story.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanabout 2 years ago

5 stars for the Buddy Hackett joke

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

Her entire family is composed of sluts...

alvinjfrazieralvinjfrazieralmost 2 years ago

⭐⭐⭐⭐🌟 In general, I liked THIS story. Definitely entertaining and well-written. BUT!... They tried to KILL him! The wife would have gotten more time. The husband should have been angrier. Why would she even think to approach him? She hopes they can be friends? That kinda deflated the balloon. And, he won't need to worry about MARK BOTTOMBITCH after 10 years. He's already been raped and sodomized.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

5 stars especially because he did not hook up with Rachel or the Sandy!!

He and Cheryl, yes!!

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

Decent ending. Robert made the right choices. The joke wasn't necessary. I appreciate you giving credit to Buddy Hacket. I also heard his tale to Johnny Carson on the Tonight Show. But you left out it was an old Jewish couple in their 70's.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Good finish. Too bad the MC didn't give Rachael a shot at him; they could have married and ended up a 4-some with Judy and their mother in a sorta "family group hug", but a little more entwined....

Ha! (Nothing like a little more kink to spice things up.)

Enjoyed the tale as is. Kudos and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Wonderful story! He should have porked Rachael and her mother. Too bad he didn't wind up with Julie, but Cheryl did help save his life and wants him to pee in her with baby batter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Worse than the affair, was the wife's actions after he was pushed down the staircase. There is no excuse for not going to her husband and trying to see if he is alive, crying, screaming, calling 911. Her actions on thr neighbor's video is execrable and shows what she really felt and what love means to her. She purported to love her husband deeply when arguing with the asshole on audio, but her actions of putting on a robe, helping Mark purport a lie, etc, while her husband is possibly dying in front of the house, or in the ambulance or at the hospital is bonkers. Then we see shenis still conspiring with Mark after the fact. Wtf? The excuse that she thought her husband was dead is bogus. So what? Even then cry and scream and accuse Mark. This made no sense to me. According the video and audio and texts, she has no emotional attachment to Mark, doesn't kiss, give head or be intimate just rough fucking. Sure she is a head case and needs to be divorced. I can even see she us trying to prevent her husband from pulling a gun and doesn't believe that Mark will try to severely hurt him or kill him. But after he falls, everything she did was monstrous. If you ever loved your husband, you go to him / call 911 immediately regardless of whether your husband is dead or you are naked. That is the time to absolutely be a loving wife. And why does she suddenly care about Mark? According to the story, it is because her fate is tied to his. BS. Any woman who has half a brain would know that Mark is the one on the hotseat even if she didn't care for her husband. But it is all moot. If you ever loved your husband then go to him and call 911. Doesn't matter if you think he died and are worried about what police think. That is your husband you still claim to yourself that you love. Don't go back inside and put on a bath robe. That is an unbelievable series of actions and lies as he told. Unless the author wanted us to really believe she is a monster which is incongruous with the dialog on thr audio and her later talks with the MC.

DrgwngDrgwngover 1 year ago

The fact that many men think the joke at the end is funny, illustrates the issue we have in society. Men raising non bio kids is far more common than is generally known, the 30 years of dna data banks we now have show this clearly. Women have been cucking men for centuries, just now we have proof, and yet women are still given the benefits, lack of suspicion and of course men act independently and so seal their own fate. Men fail to consider this a big problem, and stab each other in the back, while allowing popular opinion, media and societal attitudes to paint a false picture. Women cannot be tricked into being a parent, yet it happens to men everyday, the courts and state laws assist, and everybody smiles……

moultonknobmoultonknobover 1 year ago

He's just a pathetic cuckold wimpy fuckwit, offering to pay half her expenses after what she did, she didn't deserve fuck all

davezqdavezqover 1 year ago

I enjoyed Buddy Hackett's joke also.

mariverzmariverzabout 1 year ago

Es ficcion, por si no lo habían notado .... No sé si son trolls solo psicópatas en línea...

larryisok1larryisok1about 1 year ago

WOW !!!one of the BEST stories I have read on any web site. and what was amazing it was well written and grammatically correct.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Good story - well written. Enjoyed ch 2 also

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Pretty juvenile

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

This totally fell apart. The gratuitous, "sister, mother, Cheryl all want to fuck him" and the MC getting a hard on listening to his Ex prison sex history, is just mindless plot refuse. He'll, the writer took an initially VERY GOOD story line and turned into everyday LE mindless sex rambling. This is tragic because this had all the makings of a 5 star+ story.

Also, felony accessory after the fact to murder makes that individual as guilty as the the primary party. Lying about it during police interview further compounds the charge. The victim has NO INPUT on charge mitigation. This is a case of "The People v. Accused". She would have not gotten a slap on the wrist. She'd have served 5-10 years of hard time.

t8ntliklyt8ntlikly10 months ago

Fell apart for me when he decided to pay half her rent, groceries, etc. Stupid I don't know why so many authors even go there

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

The epilogue reminds me of a joke from the Blues Brothers movie, just lacking the "Bau, bau,bau" from Dan Akroyd.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

So much wrong with this story in terms of emotional continuity. The MC seems to change his attitude as frequently as the weather.

Judy also seems to be a little off when it comes what she claims and what she actually does. One would accept this discrepancy if and only if it had been told to someone she wasn't expected to be honest with, but she had repeatedly told Mark that she loved her husband and would put him before Mark. She claims to love the MC yet she hasn't even broken communications with Mark. Worst of all is the phone conversation after her meeting with the MC which comes across as a complete betrayal and an admittance of collusion against her husband.

/

It seems to me that if this story had remained consistent, there really could have been a genuine sense that the MC actually wanted the best for his in-laws and his ex and maybe even a future reconciliation, but what we're left with is an unpleasant taste of betrayal left unpunished.

FillDirtWantedFillDirtWanted6 months ago

Love Buddy Hackett.

bacchant2bacchant2about 2 months ago

You have plenty of comments but i thought you had better continuity than other stories,

pummel187pummel187about 2 months ago

This guy is a fucking sissy, I'm sorry but he is..... Where's your self respect???? WEIRDO

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userGamblnluck@Gamblnluck
I have been reading stories here for years. I had written stories for a role reversal site and wanted to expand that endeavor. Recently a friend asked me how I liked retirement and what I did with my time. I told him I write internet porn stories. As he looked surprised, I sai...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES