Dragon Wars Book 2 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

You should be reading instead of fucking for a few days. Time to stop being the boy and become the King we will need when the war starts again, else your heir that we choose will do it for you!"

King Goldeagle raised his hands in mock surrender and looked at Field Marshal Thantius Golden Bow, "Keep the support going. I am headed to my Audience Chamber. There are answers in my mother's journals that I need to read."

He went through her journals and came across a warning about a Hellfire Wyrm, a Dragon from the hells that might appear someday. The warning about physical contact that General Moon Blade did not receive. It went into how in truth she had no rulership over the War Room. The Champions ruled over the War Room.

He learned she followed the Champion Tallion's advice as his moves were brilliant. The Grand Field Marshal's position was the instrument by which the Gods oversaw the defensive aspects of the war and coordinated resources with factions who chose to go on the offensive, typically for a cause.

They were Tallions moves, none of the military activities were her ideas. She just saw the wisdom come out of Tallion and felt in her heart it was the right course. She did not even realize it was out of her control until the Champion of the Lady of Dreams died.

The one who followed her orders, but defied her will for him to live as well. He took the divine direction to take out the Drow Champion who was also the Drow Queen. That changed her view of her role with Tallion. He read one quote of advice from this section,

'I support him, kept the politics of court out of the War Room and the military. To see that all of the people, from Half-Elves to Gold Elves were treated as best as possible. Knowing Half-Dragons would be looked down upon and Half-Elves from humans would still be seen as abominations.'

Her last entry dealt with Tallion's will where he asked not to be remembered or honored. That he had set aside a home for her husband, the King's father Parroxian and Tallion's daughter, and their other wife after King Goldeagle took over following her death. He knew his father had left the palace, it was expected of a consort.

He had no idea that Tallion saw to it that they were taken care of because he knew the politics of court would demand her to sacrifice them when she passed. King Goldeagle suddenly realized she admired and loved the champion. Tallion had seen to her happiness.

To ensure he would rule, and not his elder brother in the church who was born of the first King but was infertile, while fertility was granted to the Elven people as a whole. The Gods saw that he wore the crown and needed to be thankful and respectful of that fact.

Just as she did when she began her rule, being appointed by Corellon to lead them through the cataclysmic event of the world being struck, in part, by a comet. To train his heir as he would likely have to stand down at some point after he took over for the next heir.

The Lady of Dreams thought to him, "Your heir is not your eldest son. It is your 4th eldest. The other 3 sons will take to the battlefield. You will give the orders for this to take place. Their skills are suited to the field. Brancart'via Goldeagle is who you will need to mentor and put on the throne when the war starts again.

Teaching him everything he has missed. Like reading journals. Become an advisor to the new King as you can stay being the retired King Father. Something a royal consort could not do and Tallion did his noble actions on his own accord as he was who he was in matters.

Your Mother respected his wishes, he kept his word and trained 100+ Blade Singers from the 12 he trained, including your 3 eldest children who trained under those 12 Grand Masters. Over 130 thus far and growing from the original 12 and the students who follow.

All of them are still training which is why the numbers and not finite yet. You are a Battle Mage, geared for diplomacy and to be an advisor. Someone will need to have centuries of life for what comes next.

By the time this war starts again, you will have less than 200 years of life left. She commented on Tallion being a placeholder and different Kings will feel that way. You are not as you are working on the transition and educating of the next King.

Tallion ensured you learned from him and the new Grand Field Marshal. Tallion is not here and you can compare and contrast their styles for future generations. Turn him into the King who follows your mother's plans for all Kings or Queens in this war. If they are smart and want fuller lives."

King Goldeagle got up and went to bed knowing he had a new destiny to come to grips with as new champions would become known at some point.

---

Helnar was a lesser deity to AO on this world only and took his 'paranoia' for this world to the extreme. Tyr found it cowardly for Helnar feared the people becoming magically inclined and destroying the world. Helnar wanted to work to protect the people from that fate. He took his young human champion and gathered his followers.

He had maintained a few in the southern continent who survived on a large mountain top plateau carved off by Storm Giants centuries earlier. It had a few smaller peaks that were now an Island Oasis. AO restored those humans' fertility for surviving the carnage.

Helnar knew where to take his people to try and hide them from this War of Dragons without end that threatened to consume the world. He blamed all Dragons for this fight, including Half-Dragons. He had a few mages who were loyal to him.

They considered magic to be a heavy burden and vowed not to teach it to others.

They would work to create items for the order, enchanters all. One of them had the idea to create a relic for this world, Helnar's only world as he ascended in the First Age after spending a lifetime of hunting undead and necromancers. The relic would be worn by a paladin or a high cleric of his faithful.

It would make his people's island home invisible to the world with improved invisibility and powers to destroy undead or Sahaugan who came from the oceans if they ever came. He did not have the followers, components, or the power to do that to Dragons directly. Once on the island, the mage would reveal his relic as he finished it in transit, Trasnar's Prism, named after the mage.

The teaching of magic would become forbidden after they passed and their books burned. Everything would be done through the divine after that. Far enough away that no wandering Dragon should ever find the place. He wanted isolation, peace, and above all moral and virtuous souls to watch over. Not to be fodder in a War of Dragons they had no control over.

He managed to get his champion to convince 2,000 Pegasus to go and live away from this War of Dragons. Sired remnants of his mounts from his time living on the world. They joined his cause to find freedom in the air of a new island nation. The Metallic Dragon's spies in the city had detected the construction of a relic using their system in the Dragon Capital.

They even learned of its name, but not what it would do. Just that it was incomplete by design. It would be finished en route to this 'new land.' They recorded the name. Yet they had no information on what was being created in the name of this minor Human Diety of good that left 10 years earlier carrying 3 years' worth of supplies and seeds in portable holes. They had no idea as to where they were going, except an island if they did not drown at sea.

The portable holes they destroyed after they arrived because of the arcane magic they represented, burned with the body of their greatest mage hero. He died casting in the final incantations into the relic at their new invisible Island Oasis home.

---

IO held a meeting with all of the Dragon Gods active for Tildar. Null, Tiamat, Task, Bahamut, Lendys, Hlal, Tamara, and Sartior. He looked at them, "The Hellfire Wyrm, an adult category of the creature surfaced in Metallic and Gemstone Dragon lands. I won't go into numbers, but they suffered losses and managed to kill the infernal creature.

As a boon to all of you, during a truce, the time of mourning of a mate will change to 100 days, instead of 100 years. This will be extended again in the second truce when and if it ever comes. An additional boon will be given to those who fought and brought it down. The others who were not there, do not need to know the details." He sent Null, Tiamat, and Task away.

He sighed, "You all suffered for this victory. To compensate for this, all champions you put on the field will be allowed to support 3 bonded mates to recover from this attack for this outside aggressor if they are male champions. Sartior, if you wish to recover you will need to assign one, as they fall, assign one from the other 3 species to stay in balance.

Continue until you feel they are in balance again, but you will have to have the population to continue to field a champion as well. 2 out of every 3 of these children from each clutch, on average and by species, will be males to aid in rebalancing your populations.

The balance will change if there are more males than females and only for these champions. This will continue until the Peace Accord is done. Those additional bonds will break when that occurs and the extra females will move off to find new males.

I thank you all for your service in bringing that foul infernal creature down. Expect the unhatched one to remain dormant, as long as there are no major cataclysmic events. Else it might arise again someday. If 'The One' challenges us again it might occur in the distant future. For now, this threat is over."

IO sent them away and was thankful the creature was down and thankful it was not a damned ancient one.

---

Null, Tiamat and Task gathered on the Astral Plane and Null looked over, "He did that so they could rebuild their population quicker. We need to figure out how to do the same."

Tiamat nodded, "Agreed, we have many unassigned females who are infertile and some who are infertile in bonded relationships. We need to kill off the infertile females to increase our population. To keep them from entering bonded relationships.

We stop when we are 100 years out for the truce ending so fertility may be restored to them. We balance fertility to grow more of what we need, more males, than females for this last 100 years, 2 to 1.

When and if this other truce comes up, we generate 3 females to 1 male, breed them for Half-Dragons, and those that go infertile we kill early on to keep them from becoming bonded. We cannot up fertility, but we can alter the sexes.

Halfway through we balance it out slowly until we have more powerful males at 2 to 1. We have more adult Dragons available and an army of Half-Dragons to breed the populations we gather before the next truce and the new lands we must occupy when that time comes."

IO appeared, "If that creature had risen in your lands it would have destroyed you all and grown from it. I might have lost the world as you are inept at working together. I already set the number on fertility during a truce. 2 Females to every 1 male for the duration of a truce unless I grant an exception for a reason.

You cannot override my decision! You can kill them, but their numbers still count toward the total in regards to Half-Dragons if they became infertile from that. You cannot bring in others until 100 years have passed for that one's cycle. I warned you about this, 1,000 per species! One male or female bonded.

Those that die drop the total you can field until their 100 years have elapsed! Those who are in Dragon on Dragon relationships you are free to mess with killing them to break the bonds, but that is not many and you will be cutting down your numbers on those who would become ancient dragons." IO then disappeared.

Null protested the move but had no say as there were younger dragons who did not follow him. Tiamat and Task agreed to take the rest of the approach for the Dragon-on-Dragon issues. IO expected they would take that approach but did not stop them as he remained neutral to all Dragon matters.

Yet he had already set the numbers during a truce and the restrictions. He would not reverse himself. Yet, he would still reward the brave who helped to bring that horrid creature down by the boon to the neutral and metallic dragons.

---

The human god Tyr had kept a steady vigilance for the others, to time the return of more human champions. He placed his champions into a Human-based Half-Dragons who lived nearly twice as long as his normal followers. Tyr was not concerned with magical talent.

Tyr's champion was the Paladin Commander of the Order of the Rose named Boran of the Rose. His order patrolled the human wilds and the city docks looking for thieves and such. He was 100 years old and had outlived 3 wives who died in labor. His 4th wife was expecting in 2 months, though it would likely be sooner. She was far different from the other 3.

She did not have the same moral compass as her husband. She occasionally did acts of rebellion that did annoy Boran and Tyr. More in her youth than recently. Boran found her stealing in the market before she came of age. She was good at it, he was better at spotting that.

At least that was what Boran thought. She wanted to be captured by him that day. Before long he realized they had stolen each other's hearts as she came of age while being held in a cell at the Grand Orders base of operations.

He visited her every day he was not on a patrol. Being underage would give her time to work her way into his heart. Until she came of age and was set free, not 6 months later. Her plan to win her way into his heart found that he had won his way into her heart as well. With the not-so-recent loss of his last wife, he asked Renee to marry him.

Renee accepted but held many secrets of her past from him. Including why she was sent after him. Things she continued to do without his knowledge, but she did them to protect her husband going forward instead of hunting him. She was not a devoted servant to Tyr as she led him to believe.

Often praying to Mystra instead, though she never developed any magical abilities as that was what she truly wanted. She had known his other wives had died in childbirth. The clerics had divined she was carrying 3 children this time.

Boran and Renne had waited an additional year beyond resuming normal relations but Renee wanted him to have more heirs. His life was so much longer than hers. All were pledged to the order for training. She had saved him from melancholy. He had saved her from getting her hands or her head cut off. Else a life that was far darker than even he knew.

One of her grandparents had been a female Copper Dragon. She got her desire to rebel and quick hands to stay alive from her and had wished for the magic that never came. She had smiled as she watched him ride into the compound. She turned to the Grand Cleric who she had summoned from the city.

He checked against his better judgment as the High Cleric of the Order had refused at the Paladin Commander's requested order. The twins from the previous time nearly killed her but she survived. Unknown to Boran and against his expressed wishes to her, she had confirmed she would not live but the children would.

She sighed, "He is back, I want him married again...within the month of my passing. I want you to send Rosetta to me. She is coming of age, she can attend to me and she has the right temperament to see to his heart, and does not look upon me the way that others do. I don't need him cursing the Gods for my death. I need him strong in the order."

She released the secret she held to the Grand Cleric, "Do this for Tyr's Champion who watches over us, my husband."

The Grand Cleric heard from Tyr himself, "Do as she asks. She has held that secret for years and I would have stopped her if need be. The young cleric is a very good candidate. She does not want him to falter as he nearly did with the death of his last wife. Renee is being a good wife to see to his needs and the order.

Rosetta came to be a paladin but lacked the dexterity and strength in her arms to become one. She is built to be a strong and capable mother. She stayed true to the order and became a cleric instead and is wanting peace for humanity. She has Dragonblood in her from a neutral Dragon, a sapphire.

She is a Peace Bringer. I will see to his heart going forward. She should last beyond his remaining days and be the mother and stepmother to his many young in the order. Her last children, there will be one grandson. 44 years from now and after you have passed. Note it in your journals.

He will be of age and become my next champion. A human child with two Dragon bloodlines in him. A seeker of peace, law, and order. My champion to follow will come from another family member, following one of his daughters. Another in the order, she will be a cleric. Her husband will be an actual Gold Dragon outside the order but a beacon for good and law.

One of their children will become my champion with 3 bloodlines in them. It could be one of many. I will choose based on when the next champion falls. Half-Dragons live longer. If I learned one thing from Tallion. He was created at random.

He saved millions while killing hundreds of millions of our common enemies. It is the fate of humanity will reside on those Half-Dragons and those who are born from them in the 10,000+ years of constant war that will come when this truce ends."

The Grand Cleric rushed off as the Knight Commander arrived at his quarters and Renee saw to getting Boran out of his armor, Boran smiled, "I went fishing on that patrol."

She laughed at that statement as she knew he did not fish or care to fish.

"I used my crossbow with the chain on it. Shot a halfling thief in the ass when he jumped into the water to try and get away. I reeled him in. Got 2 dock workers to bring him to the surface as he fought tooth and nail against getting harpooned by that weapon. He had lost 2 fingers already, cut off for stealing, all on his right hand. This time I found out he was left-handed."

Renne chuckled as she separated the plates of the heavy armor that kept him from flying very far or very fast. He now stood in his shirt and pants. Someone knocked on the door and she called out, "Come on in. He is decent enough at the moment."

Rosette walked in, "The Grand Cleric sent me to see you. I did not expect to see him here."

She was less than 2 weeks out from taking her vows, an initiate in the order. She wore robes that did little to hide her double D breasts and firm body from all the work the clerics put initiates through to make them strong enough for the heavy armor.

Renee smiled, "I summoned him here as I could not travel to him. Sit, I have a mission for you. One that will last your entire life."

Rosette looked at Renee inquisitively, "A mission from you? To last my entire life?"

Renee nodded, "You will not be traveling from these walls often. It would involve you staying here. To spend your days teaching, training, and being a mother and wife to my husband and his children."

Boran turned to his wife Renee, "What is going on here?"

Renee got him to sit back down, "I carry 3 within me, I will not live to raise them. I got the Grand Cleric to confirm it for me while you were gone, and against your expressed wishes to the High Cleric here at the barracks. Remember, I have a mischievous streak to me that you could never quite tame. I know melancholy took hold and you questioned your faith."

As she ripped his shirt open in front of Rosette. "Even as the Champion of Tyr. I knew the twins nearly killed me and you were a wreck for weeks from that. I don't want that repeated. I am resigned to my fate. I asked the Grand Cleric to help me. I can only assume my plea on the behalf of you, our Champion, was heard and answered.