Dragon Wars Book 2 Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He sighed, "Part of my hopes laid with the Asperii we lost to the Hellfire Dragon. A few remaining. 4 colts and 14 fillies, young. But they will breed. Maybe 90,000, but that would be pushing it and they could not crossbreed further. Once they hit 30,000 have them breeding with our elven riding horses.

They won't be there when war returns. Aedrie will ensure they stay fertile until the war or they die out. Beyond that, they will start having deformities as they do not have our lifespans.

We cannot crossbreed them and keep them in the aerial fight. Our elven riding horses won't gain flight, but they will become more nimble and generate new horse colorations. Instead of just black, it will add shades of grey, tan, and white.

They won't fly with the Pegasus, as they cannot be cross-bred with them. Building a herd of them is impossible in the time we have left with the Planes access cut off. We will face this in the future. Someday we will have to bring in another from another plain to build Elven War Horses over generations.

Stronger and faster horses that are built for battle. Something stronger than the Asperii. Only so many foals we can generate this way. The King's son will not get his wish. We have too many years to go and we have other plans for him.

Aerial combat will only be Dragons and not a place for Blade Singers. General Moon Blade made a tactical error. Or I should say the Grand Field Marshal Dragon Champion to Tamara did. For bringing them in for that fight at all, they were the wrong units.

They should have been grounded for breeding, but they showed us they would have fallen from the skies too easily when war resumed. I know they had battle mages and Arcane archers but they were ill-suited for this as the mounts were far too weak. Regardless, they should have been broken up as we did not have many left. That fell on General Moon Blade who did not know what he was facing.

We did not warn him of this creature directly and to steer clear of it. That falls on us and King Goldeagle as well, if he had read his Mother's Journal he might have known to recall those units. Doubtful as he trusted the Grand Field Marshal's poor judgment in this case.

It was a defensive call and fell to him, but it cost us too many Elven lives as that is where most of them died. General Moon Blade's attempts were brave and valiant but ultimately foolish.

Rillifane Rallathil, begin searching for a champion I would approve of, from the Wood Elves only. The Wild elves' isolation makes them a non-option until they join the Alliance."

Vandria Gilmadrith spoke up, "My champion did what he could to protect elven lives! We were losing them and Elven Half-Dragons fighting this Dragon as well. Or have you abandoned them as Bahamut has done?!

The Gold Dragons could turn to shield them from the breath weapon, but the saddles still came off. They were not designed for that kind of infernal fire that injured Gold Dragons to some degree.

He also accomplished the goals set forth to breed the enchanters and weaponsmiths you will need in the future. You cannot deny that. He died as a Blade Singer taking on an impossible opponent. If it had been a champion his death would have brought it down. He had no way to know if it was or was not a champion!"

Corellon nodded, "I have not abandoned the Half-Dragons but there is not much I can do for them as they are a mixed species. I know Bahamut has reported that most have stopped worshiping him or Dragon Deities altogether after Tallion's Death.

In all Metallic and Neutral Dragon-based Half-Dragons as they knew Sartior had to be a part of that agreement to affect them. We don't know about the Chromatic Dragons. Tallion did not ask them to do that.

Yet many are voicing their frustration with something that cannot be changed. As to your Champion, it is true and fair to say he did everything we asked of him, on all counts. He made a tactical error only because he did not have the facts on the creature, but he did try for the right reasons.

I do not belittle his accomplishments. He did what he could to damage the beast. There is another that is unhatched. Beyond our reach. The One insured they would be the Apex predator on this world for IO in his action. He perverted his request as he has done with all of them.

I already told The One I would never make that request. Instead, I insisted that nature takes its course on these worlds. To never grant these resets again for any God or Goddess. Even when our people are the ones being exterminated.

Often by humans and a couple of them by Drow, Orcs, Giants, Ogres, and Chromatic Dragons. We accepted their fate for those worlds and adapted. Part of IO's concern was his Dragons being hunted and not being at the top of the predator chain.

The One ensured it would always be the case in this world with that creature. We have to hope it never wakes. If it does then the champion of the day will have to take action. If they know it is coming.

If they don't plan well, then we will advise them about it if our assistance is needed. I speak in hypotheticals. Yet The One tends to do things in these resets that make me believe the other will appear someday. You are right, my daughter, he completed every task we put before him that this truce cut short.

It will likely have the Drow returning. Soon Rillifane Rallathil, that is who your champion will be targeting. Gift them with true seeing, if I approve of the choice. He or she will find the infiltrators and hunt them. Remaining a hidden champion for as long as possible.

We have 136 years roughly on this truce, but this one needs to be an adult and starting or have already started a family. With Dragonblood, an arcane archer would be best but a rogue would work as well. Solonor has a ranger on the field still and will aid where he can, he has glasses for true seeing.

Being a General, he will be a target. Time to give him the Shadow Cougar ability to help him if he finds them. He will have to summon them to him from the Elven Wilds instead of the plane of shadow. They at least exist here, but only in small numbers.

He will have to use it sparingly. You will inform him of this new champion and he will make the introductions to the Wild Elves along the front, though he or she will be moving all over the Kingdom. Vandria Gilmadrith, we have talked. Your champion is already selected.

Another Blade Singer who will work the front lines, from the air, had been the plan but that has changed. They will work from the ground as we have lost our flight advantage for Blade Singers. Ensure he has the best elven horse available from the crossbreeding.

A Gold Elf champion descended from Tallion's Daughter Brozanoxa. Who married into house Goldeagle. They wanted the Dragonblood in a 'true' Goldeagle heir. Thinking it would be the key to gaining the throne.

Those parents died suddenly in their sleep shortly after the wedding for their scheming, both infertile and useless for the war. One who skirted the 2-wife rule when fertile and only had one wife.

Kartanous'Via Goldeagle is another Blade Singer in training. He will follow his cousin into the battles ahead and that he is training under until we separate them. They will get 30 years of training under General Silvertree.

Then they will suspend their commissions together, and both will train another before war strikes. With instructions that those 2 remain training in honor of Tallion under the new rules. The necklace he gets will come from the vault.

He will know all of the champions on the field and distribute gear from the vault to them. The King will only know of him as a new champion and his ability not to compete in tournaments. He can direct the other King's son who is his master when the time is right to start training again.

Kartanous will marry one of Parroxian's offspring from his clerical wife. She is a cleric of mine named, Vallian'Via Golden Lute. The Second will be a Silver Dragon female who will generate more Half-Dragons for the war.

Many Silver Dragon females will be coming with the loss of so many Silver Half-Dragons in that fight and the restrictions on the males to a single female. Giving those children another Dragon bloodline and the Goldeagle name instead.

Kartanous is 6 generations down and a distant relative of Tallion through his daughter Brozanoxa, a cousin to the King. With Gold, Adamantium, and Bronze Dragonblood in his lineage.

But bringing the Goldeagle line an heir from Tallion into this war as a known champion to attract the attention of the others who are unknown. His targets are human, orc, giant, and ogre champions who might show.

Mine will be a battle Sorcerer in training who just won his last tournament and will not be an issue with him in the Academy. He is of House Moon Bow and descends from Tallion's wife Mala with 3 Royal Dragon bloodlines and 2 non-Royal bloodlines to draw from. The youngest child of the youngest child.

He will be gifted with immunities for elements for all 3 Royal bloodlines he carries. Adamantium from a grandfather on his father's side gives him fire immunity, electrical immunity from Tallion, and cold immunity from Mala, and his very own half-dragon mother who was not royal.

The other falling with a distant non-Royal Gold Dragon relation through his father's line. As a Dragon Rider, he will be well suited to survive from many breath weapon attacks, yet his focus will be Silver Dragon in honor of his true mother, another Silver Half-Dragon born from the Silver Needle house.

A rather minor house but will bring prestige to the Moon Bow family for their years of dedicated service as well. He is named Fallius'Sia Moon Bow and a tournament champion Dragonblooded Sorcerer 2 times running in Xantria.

Nephew to the new Duke over that City, Great 6 times removed from the Duke. Still, he is connected to the Royalty they have earned in protecting that city and its reconstruction and recovery.

Future Moon Blades into the Goldeagle, Silvertree, Moon Blade, and Moon Bow lines thus far is the plan. Unless there are any objections. I want all Moon Blades to follow Tallions lines, no matter how far removed. They have to be champions in that line."

Rillifane Rallathil, "You planning on putting one of these swords into Wood Elf's hands?"

Corellon smiled, "You put the right champion on the field of your choosing that is descended from Tallion and I will."

Rillifane Rallathil looked at Corellon, "He was Moon Elf. He has no descendants who are Wood Elf."

Corellon sighed and smiled, "None that are pure Wood Elf, true and as of yet. Mixed with Wood Elf and Moon Elf, an impure, those do exist... or in the future descended from those lines. There are 3 impures in different families in that situation currently.

Those who took Wood Elf brides because there were not enough Wood Elf males available, and they married for love. We have time to deal with 20 other blades. Currently, those selected will all be Long Sword wielders. You choose a rogue candidate from one of the three lines, and a short sword will be chosen.

An Arcane Archer, then an impure Wood Elf & Moon Elf line from Tallion and they will get a long sword option. Choose another and it will wait until the future. You have choices. Those 3 families will be your choices in the future, as only 1 or 2 will end up in a Wood Elf's hands.

The Bastard sword being the other, and a follower of Solonor who becomes champion in the future. Another ranger or Arcane Archer. For being the longest-lived champion still on the field and one who has not shirked his duties, even during this truce. None of them have, thankfully."

Solonar looked over, "I have one, just born, and impure in White Oak's line. She may marry into another Wood Elf house and produce Wood Elven children. One of them would likely be the champion I would choose to secure the Bastard sword for their line.

If I am allowed to go again, soon after his death. He is the eldest remaining champion on the field and has been a brilliant General and bridge between the Wild elves, Centaurs, and Fay. Because of your King's shortsightedness."

Corellon sighed, "The situation would have been no different. The lands in question would have been chosen for the same reasons. If anything, his not seeking them out, in this case, was the better move. Else, they would have had no land extensions

The Fay would have joined, the Wild Elves would still be at odds, and the Centaurs would still not look to bow to a Gold Elf King. Not yet. They are isolationists, except when they are all threatened. We would have lost the humans and the dwarves.

Let us not forget the Dragons as we needed them because they are the ones who are stuck in these thousands of years of war that have us the targets of the Chromatic Dragons. They feel an obligation to us right now. We will get what we can from that obligation, trust me.

In the future, we might get even more. We will see on the sword and the timing of it all. But I like the idea. Ensure they are strong in Dragonblood, these wives you are lining up already."

Solonor simply nodded his understanding as Corellon continued, "There were no good answers to that problem because of this reset created by IO that caught us all off guard. We are just focused on this world right now because of this occurring.

We still have hundreds of others we work with that are not affected by this. They are much easier to handle right now compared to this world. Maybe a Half-Dragon wife to the mix as well Solonor."

Rillifane Rallathil glared at Corellon, " I will do a Wood Elf, Arcane Archer, but not an impure. Shirana Elm, A female Wood Elf. She is fertile and a year into her dry spell though she had none for 10 years. Her husband has a first wife to look over her 2 Wood Elf children, 2 boys.

She is talented, even going to the Academy in the Capital at an older age. She won no tournaments because she refused to be a part of them. She is defiant and prefers the Wood Elf ways. She has researched alternate spells, Earth explosion, for example.

To do half of a fireball's worth of damage from an explosion of earth instead of fire. With a High chance of blinding them and making them visible for others to shoot. She has fireball in her spellbook, but rarely would use it, if ever. For the role, you assigned, she would be excellent at doing that."

Corellon nodded, "She would be a very good choice in fact, that I would approve of for this. She has Dragonblood in her from an Amethyst Dragon, as you know. She will also get the ability to send messages to her team telepathically. Sending only. She will form a hunter squad.

I knew you would not be brave enough to take on an impure after Tallion paved the way. He did more than any pure elven champion has done before. Both on the field, in the War Room, and as a trainer of Blade Singers.

I will see that Kartanous gets her a weapon and cloak from the Gold Crown Vault, the one you have been wanting back in a Wood Elf's hands even as she has Dragonblood to use the bow. A couple of necklaces from an enchanter I have in the city working in our efforts and awaiting a courier from the Gods to collect them.

He will be the only one who knows all 4 of our champions. General White Oak will know of Shirana and Kartanous Goldeagle eventually. Mine will be known by Bahamut and Kartanous Goldeagle, as he will be on a Dragon in combat they will need to know.

Shirana Elm will know of General White Oak and Kartanous Goldeagle only. No Gods are to make contact until the gear is in hand. It is time I taught our current King another lesson about champions and humility. One day I am going to honor Tallion's work.

I will make a Master Trainer of Blade Singers that will do what he did for us. We will see what happens as it will likely be in the 6th age and likely the trainer of my champion in that age. The first will be born from his line though in honor of him. If they survive into the 6th age. I share Tallion's concerns for that House."

---

Bahamut thought to the new Adamantium King, "You are younger than most in this situation and just had the fate of your species placed on your shoulders. You will also be my new champion on the field.

You will continue to breed, for now, your fertility is increased further as my champion. A means to help those following to recover. You are 100 years out from this bond ending and another female will be ready, in truth, 3 will be ready.

You can start on the first 2 immediately after the mourning period they go through. We are cutting the morning period to 100 days instead of years after this attack with IO's blessing for having killed the creature.

That boon for shorter mourning will only last until the truce ends and is being given to both sides, though they likely do not have that issue it will help the neutrals as Sartior will field a Champion. This will aid Tamara's Champion as well who will be picking up 3 bonded mates.

You will bond with your 3. Have children with them all. I do not normally allow this but crossbreeding of Dragons is not permitted and there are more females in need right now. This will aid in the long term to rebalance those you lost. This is happening with the other champions.

The Champion of Lendys will not do the same, this one anyway. The first to be hidden from the council even. Inform the Gold Dragon King what is being done and why but nothing on Lendy's champion.

Of the 4 Gemstone species, the Amethysts have suffered the most in the attack, and one of the adults returning will bond with 3 females and be his champion on the field for now. While the morning period is shortened during the truce the multiple bonds on champions will remain as long as we are at war.

That will exist for champions only and only those species who lost Dragons to the World Killer, which was all in the Alliance who remain in this fight. The Shadow Dragons are nearing extinction, but they have no God strong enough to field a champion as they have abandoned this world for now it seems.

The neutral champion will eventually enter combat, die on the field and one of the other 3 neutral Dragon types will follow with multiple bonds. This will be repeated for centuries here. A reason to keep as large of a Gemstone Dragon presence as possible here instead of returning when the plane opens.

They cannot return until the planes are open and this Peace Accord is in place. Getting them in the fight will be the challenge. Continue your role with the Dragon Riders. As the second ruler in them for now as more of the Kings and Queens will likely join."

Vlamantorxxaz responded, "I will inform my current mate first and why. I will have her select an amulet from the horde from me to use. She deserves that right."

Vlamantorxxaz turned to his mate and looked at the horde, "Mate of mine, my lovely Adaxxania. I have been directed to add 2 more mates in 100 days. The period of mourning during the truce is being cut to 100 days. I am expected, as the champion of Bahamut, to do this. I need you to choose me a necklace that will bind with my holy symbol."

She went to the horde and found one of Draconic physical perfection. She watched and listened to it attach to his holy symbol.

She nodded, "You speak true, My Champion and mate. My cycle is starting soon. You will breed some very gifted children going forward. Physical perfection. So you can satisfy all 3 Dragon mates, polymorph for us when we are not in heat.

Then you can continue to please us all every night as we please each other. After we deliver the next clutches of eggs I will find you 2 mates who are compatible with me, each other, and with you."

He hugged his understanding mate in this matter. She would be sad to be moving on but he had her choose it because of that. They had gathered the previous King's horde and those of the fallen. They had a lot of choices.