Dragonborn Rising Ch. 06

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As usual, we ended up in bed together without any clothes on. I was on my back, cock buried inside Haelga as she rode me ever so slowly. She would normally have her hands on my chest, but while it was healed, it was still a little tender, so she was leaned further forward, hands beside my head. My hands were on that firm little arse of hers, though I left most of the work to her.

"I was so scared when you walked in," she admitted quietly, "I thought you were..."

I cupped her cheek with a hand, her eyes closing. "I'm not going anywhere, Haelga."

She kept riding me, though she blinked rapidly, not doubt not wanting to cry as we made love. So she leaned down to kiss me briefly. "Always come back to me, Ragnar," she pleaded, "Please..."

Pulling her down to hold her against me, she stopped moving though my cock was still buried inside her. "I love you, Haelga," I whispered, "Trust me, it will all work out in the end."

"I love you too, and I can't bear the thought of anything happening to you. I accept what you do. I didn't think it was going to be this dangerous."

"Once I have the man I want, things should return to normal. And I'll think of a new career."

"Promise?"

"It's either that or make enough coin so I can retire."

"I can accept that."

Lifting herself up, she began riding me slowly again. It was quite the tease, feeling herself lift herself up so my cock barely remained inside her before lowering herself down again. But it felt marvellous, and she was definitely enjoying it too. The compliments regarding my cock never stopped. There was only so much I could take before I grabbed her by the arse and started to thrust upwards into her, watching her breasts sway as she leaned forward to kiss me again, begging quietly for me to fuck her, pleading for me to cum inside her as always.

I had learned since we had started our intimate relationship that she always came on top, and she was soon moaning in a manner I recognised. She started to bounce harder and faster as I fucked her, and I knew she was getting close when her breathing change, her cries growing louder, her body starting to writhe and shudder. So I just whispered that I found her beautiful and I'd love nothing more than for her to cum with my cock buried inside her. That made her smile...

Then she had an orgasm. Feeling her pussy tighten around my cock as she climaxed, I pumped her for another couple of minutes before I enjoyed my own, and we immediately relaxed, Haelga resting on my chest, running my hand lightly up and down her back, tickling her slightly though all she did was giggle and ask me not to stop.

That was us done for the night. I just held her until we went to sleep, holding her close and kissing her constantly. Once she turned over and nestled her body against mine, I held her as tightly as possible, and she sighed with contentment. "Will you leave in the morning?"

"Yes. I'm off to Markarth to get some information."

"Markarth? That's all the way on the other side of Skyrim!"

"Two-day journey there probably. Then I'll need to head back to Winterhold to link up with a possible new friend. Once I do that, we'll head back here together to decide our next move."

"So you'll be gone a while again?"

I just gave her a gentle squeeze. "I'll miss you."

"Will you seek the company of someone else?"

"I'm not sure. I might be too busy."

"I'll understand if you do though. You know I don't mind."

"I'll be honest about it. You know I will."

Because I was leaving for a few days again, we made love in the morning, Haelga not allowing me out of the bed until I left another load inside her. I certainly didn't mind, and I definitely had a renewed spring in my step when we headed downstairs for breakfast. I noticed Grelka in there, and she gave me an appraising look, while Svana still couldn't meet my eyes, blushing away. I was used to the attention, but it was still amusing to see. Haelga noticed and her look surprised me, suggesting 'If you want to, go for it.' Something to discuss on my return...

After a last kiss and cuddle with Haelga at the front door, dressed in armour with my weapons, I didn't bother heading down to see the Guild. I'd let them know what was going on when I returned from Winterhold with Karliah. Before leaving, though, I went looking for camping supplies. I had no real idea how long it would take to get to Markarth, the map only showing me the routes possible. The marketplace had nothing for me, and it was suggested I head into the Pawned Prawn. Thankfully the shop owner didn't recognise me, and I walked out later with a tent, bedroll, and other supplies I'd need if I had to stop on the road.

My guess was right, as it was a two-day journey to Markarth, avoiding Whiterun entirely by taking the southern route. I did camp in the wild along the way, and it was quite a nice night under the stars, the first time I'd done that since entering Skyrim. Stabling my horse at the stables outside the walls, I could only marvel at my first real look at the city. Nothing but solid stone. I knew next to nothing about the city, and my introduction via the city guards at the main gates certainly left me wondering what the hell I would be walking into.

While I felt a lingering tension in the air, the city appeared to be at peace, and I made my way straight towards the keep, intent on getting the information I needed and heading straight back to Winterhold. After asking where Calcelmo was, I was pointed towards the edge of an archaeological site, and there I met a rather elderly gentleman, who was not particularly friendly, and definitely did not like being interrupted.

"Look, I'm very busy, so this better be important."

"Professor, I've heard you're a leading authority on all things Falmer. I'm here as I need your help."

"You were well informed. I am at this very moment on the cusp of completing my magnum opus on the subject. I'm calling it 'Calcelmo's Guide to the Falmer Tongue.' It will revolutionize the way we understand those ancient beings."

"Perfect. I have an issue that will require understanding their language. Don't suppose you could let me have a look at it?"

That riled him big time, waving his hands in the air as if I was a lunatic for even suggesting such an idea. "Preposterous! That research represents years of personal toil in some of the most dangerous Dwemer ruins in Skyrim! You must be mad to think I'd allow anyone to see it before it's completed."

Time to bullshit him. "Professor Calcelmo, I have been a great admirer of your work for my years. Your writings regarding the Dwarven race were sensational. I've learned so much."

I noticed him relax and even a slight smile formed. "What kind of a mentor would I be if I denied a potential student a glimpse at his master's ingenuity! Here, this key will provide access to my museum. Feel free to browse for as long as you wish. However, I must insist that my laboratory remains strictly off limits."

So, his laboratory was through his museum and I was going to need to sneak into that. Fair enough, that was doable. The museum was full of dwarven artefacts that I pretty much ignored, and the guards barely took any notice of my presence. Sneaking out of the museum wasn't particularly difficult, ending up in a hallway which led in various directions, including what I think might have been Calcelmo's bedroom.

The laboratory was full of guards too, and I didn't particularly want to cut and kill my way through them. Instead, I rolled one of the dwarven barrels towards the edge of an overhang and climbed way up, and that's where I hit the jackpot. I couldn't read the stone tablet, but I recognised it as similar writing to the journal. Sneaking further into the laboratory, I found a tome that already had plenty of translations, more than enough for Enthir to at least make a little sense of the journal, but just in case, I took a rubbing of the stone tablet. Then I got the hell out of there before someone found me.

All this work had barely taken me a couple of hours, but it was still rather late by the time I headed back towards the city gates. I could have ridden for a couple of hours and camped, but there was an inn near the gates that no doubt sold hot food, cold drinks and hopefully a warm bed, so I wandered inside.

Taking a seat at the bar, I was astounded at the argument taking place between the gentleman behind the bar and a woman who was busy cleaning. I was left thinking they were husband and wife, and only clearing my throat grabbed his attention, ordering a meal, tankard of mead and a room for the night. The inn filled up as night fell outside, and I eventually found myself talking to a beautiful and petite but rather sad Breton woman by the name of Muiri. Lending an ear, she unloaded all her worries on me, and I must have proved rather attentive, as we soon ended up sitting close by the fire.

"There's something about you I can't put my finger on," she admitted.

"How do you mean?"

"Are you here about..." She paused, then shook her head. "No, never mind. You would have said something already."

"What?"

"No, I can't say, Ragnar. Forget I mentioned anything."

Though intrigued as to what she meant, I didn't pursue it, as it was obviously personal. Though I felt an attraction, what she'd unloaded on me about her previous partner, and then what happened in Windhelm, suggested that I shouldn't just take advantage of her, though I was polite enough to walk her home. She wasted no time kissing me on her doorstep, and I think it was only me wishing her goodnight, after a good few minutes, that stopped her from inviting me inside.

But I found myself with a definite reason to visit Markarth again. She was stunning.

Riding from south-west to north-east Skyrim took nearly three days. I was fed up walking back into the Frozen Hearth Inn in Winterhold, heading straight downstairs to where Enthir was hopefully still waiting. He was, as was Karliah, who had removed her hood, revealing a youthful, beautiful face. I know I stared at her for a good few seconds before Enthir cleared his face, causing me to blush before handing over everything I had.

"I'm going to need a little time to decipher this. Give me twenty-four hours."

With that, he disappeared, I assume back to the college. That left Karliah and I alone, so we headed upstairs to grab a bite to eat and a drink. The inn was deserted otherwise, left thinking there wasn't much to Winterhold except the college, though Karliah and I still sat alone in a corner, talking quietly. She enquired as to what I'd been up to, and was very apologetic when I told her about the infection. I said it wasn't her fault, that it was probably Mercer's fault, but I thanked her for caring.

"There's still a long way to go, Ragnar. Though Enthir can possible translate his journal, that doesn't mean they will believe us. And who knows where Mercer is now."

"I have a feeling he hadn't returned to Riften. No-one was on the lookout for me, though if he told them I was dead... Thanks again, by the way."

"Couldn't let a good looking young man such as yourself be left to die." I know I looked at her in surprise. "What? I have long since mourned Gallus. But it was upsetting finding him there as he was."

"I didn't think... Um..."

"Don't think too hard, Ragnar. I merely paid you a compliment."

"You're gorgeous," I blurted out. Gods, I felt like I was eighteen again, and I'd barely touched a woman. Still, I was pleased that it made her blush.

"Thank you," she said quietly, "I can't remember the last time anyone said something nice to me."

"I was left wondering what you looked like the first time I heard your voice. I thought to myself 'That isn't the voice of a murderer'." I guess I have a thing for certain accents.

"And so you now think I have a lovely voice and I'm gorgeous?"

"Aye."

"I'm not sure if you're trying to be smooth and get in my panties, or just trying to be nice..."

"Why not both?" I asked, hiding my smile by draining my tankard.

That made her blush, looking away from me. "Not now. There is too much still to do."

Still, she hadn't said no, so maybe there was something there. As there was no-one in the inn, Karliah and I paid for a room each, though we were both rather drunk by the time we headed to bed. I think Karliah needed to let her hair down and relax, just for a couple of hours, while I drunkenly proclaimed I would protect her from anyone who dare think of doing her harm. She just called me an idiot, and we eventually shared the same bed. Still dressed and all, both of us waking in the morning with a hangover and slightly embarrassed.

Enthir turned up just after breakfast, admitting that breaking the translation code was relatively simple, and he had a near full translation of the journal. He explained what he had discovered. I didn't understand much of it, and Karliah broke it down for me. Mercer had desecrated a shrine of the Nightingales, and for that alone, he must be killed.

With no horse of her own, Karliah had join me on mine, making sure all of supplies were secure before we journeyed as quickly as we could back to Riften. We had to camp on the way back once we were well past Windhelm. With only one bedroll and few furs, we had to snuggle to stay warm, not that either of us complained. I'm not arrogant suggesting there was already an attraction, but she was right. We couldn't afford distraction with what possibly lay on the horizon.

Making it back to Riften in the late afternoon the next day, I stabled my horse and we headed into the city itself. I'm not sure why, but I felt tense, almost as if we were being watched. Karliah felt it too and mentioned it as we tried to stroll casually towards the Ratway. I figured taking the secret entrance would probably get us killed.

Thankfully the Ratway was empty of life, so we made it the Flagon without incident. I could feel her tense up as we passed by the bar, Vekel looking our way, towel in hand as he cleaned it down, but if he recognised Karliah, he gave no indication. I knew where everyone else was waiting for us though, and before we entered the cistern, Karliah grabbed my forearm and asked that I follow her lead.

Brynjolf, Vex and Delvin were armed and ready for us. Behind them in a line were the rest, some armed with bows, arrows nocked, waiting to fire. Others were armed with blades, ready to get in on the action if ordered. Karliah showed no fear as she stepped towards them. I stayed by her side, glancing to see that, despite her cool exterior, her hands were shaking. I probably surprised her by taking her right hand in my left until we were stood in front of Brynjolf, where I did let her hand go.

Brynjolf looked at me first. "You better have a damn good reason to be here with that murderer."

"Do you trust me, Bryn?"

He was silent a few seconds before he nodded. "Aye, I do, lad."

"Then listen to what Karliah has to say."

"Please, lower your weapons so we can speak. I have proof that you've all been misled!"

Brynjolf looked at me again and I nodded. "No tricks, Karliah, or I'll cut you down where you stand. Now what's this so-called proof you speak of?"

She took the original and translated journals from her pocket, holding them out towards him. "I have Gallus' journal here, and a translated copy so you can understand what he wrote. I think you'll find its contents disturbing."

Brynjolf looked left at Vex, then right at Delvin, before he sheathed his weapon and took the journals. He walked towards Mercer's desk, everyone following him, as he placed both copies down. He first flipped through the original journal, realising quickly it was written in the Falmer language, before he started reading the translated journal. It was quite easy to see the blood drain from his face with each page he read. "It can't be," he muttered.

Karliah sighed, possibly with relief, maybe because she knew it was all true regardless. "It's true, Brynjolf. Every word. Mercer's been stealing from the Guild for years, right under your noses."

There was an argument between Brynjolf and Delvin about whether such a crime would be possible. Vex wasn't entirely convinced either, but by now, everyone had sheathed their weapons, waiting for the outcome. It took for the opening of the vault for everyone's lives to come crashing to the ground. I think Delvin wanted to collapse to the ground and weep. Vex was ready to commit bloody murder. Brynjolf just looked so disappointed, I wanted to give the man a hug.

He immediately took command, sending people up to the surface to watch the gates and the city, Delvin and Vex to watch the Flagon.

Brynjolf was now a believer, as was I. I had been since Mercer admitted it all in Snow Veil Sanctum, but I felt relief that everyone else now believed Karliah. The three of us sat around the desk as Karliah explained absolutely everything that happened. Her voice caught more than once, particularly when talking about Gallus, taking her hand to give at least a modicum of comfort. By the end, all Brynjolf could say was, "I'm sorry."

Karliah returned a crooked grin. "It's not your fault, Brynjolf. Mercer had everyone fooled."

"We could never make it up to you."

"And you don't have to. You believe me. Now all you need to do is help me bring Mercer to justice."

"Aye, lass, that's what we're definitely going to do. First, we need to know what Mercer was up to." He looked at me. "That's where you come in again, lad. Mercer has his own house called Riftweald Manor. It's next door to the Black-Briar Manor. Get inside and see what you can find."

"Any chance I can just bust down the front door?"

"No. Mercer was paranoid and barred nearly all entrances. You'll need to talk your way past Vald, then make your way up to the second floor entryway." I stood up and that's when he added, "And if that big bastard gets in your way, and if anyone else gets in your way, kill them."

"Are you sure?"

He nodded. "Aye, lad. It's time to go on the offensive. Riften and all of Skyrim will learn the Thieves Guild is back."

12