Dragonborn Rising Ch. 38

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Hmmm. I seem to remember you're just an advisor," my tone dripping with sarcasm, "So I fail to see what any of this has to do with you anyway."

I knew I was riling him as he took a deep breath before stepping forward. Brave man. "Technically, that is true. But I still report to the Aldmeri Dominion, I cannot ignore this situation."

"Figured you did exactly that. Guess it would be that bitch at the embassy, eh?" His eyes narrowed further, if that were possible. "Aye, had the opportunity to have a good look around."

"You are trifling with powers you cannot comprehend, Ragnar of Whiterun."

Now it was my turn to smirk. "Ah, done your research, I see"

"Yes, I know all about you and the little life you've built for yourself." He stepped closer and dropped his voice. "I also know other secrets too."

He was in the perfect place, so I balled a fist and put it into his gut. As he groaned and leaned down, I put my lips to his ear. "Aye, I do have secrets. And if anyone learns of them, they will not be able to recognise your body once I'm done with it. Understand?"

"You'll pay for that."

I lifted his head up by his hair. The hatred in his eyes made me smile. "I've heard similar threats before but I'm still standing, while my enemies are dead. So I will go see this monk because I choose to, interested as I am as to his presence. But I'll warn you, Ancano. I don't quite know why you're here yet, but I'll figure it out, and once I do, you'll learn the Dragonborn has no fear of the Thalmor."

I let his hair go and walked by him. I figured he was following me, but I didn't care. I was greeted by the Arch-Mage first, though noticed he and everything else around him quickly froze in place as the Psijic monk approached me, holding up a hand.

"Please don't be alarmed. I mean you no harm. It is simply good to meet you in person."

"You too but I would like to know what you want with me?"

"I merely wish to speak to you but time is short. I've given us a chance to speak privately, but I'm afraid I can't do this for long. We must be brief. The situation here at your College is of dire importance, and attempts to contact you as we have previously have failed. I believe it is due to the very source of our concern. This object, this Eye of Magnus as your people have taken to calling it. The energy coming from it has prevented us from reaching you with the visions you have already seen. The longer it remains here, the more dangerous the situation becomes. And so I have come here personally to tell you it must be dealt with."

"I have to be blunt and ask what any of this has to do with me? I assume you know who I am."

"I do but it is you who set this chain of events in motion at Saarthal."

"Oh..."

"You must understand, the Psijic Order does not typically... intervene directly in events. My presence here will be seen as an affront to some within the Order, and as soon as we have finished, I will be leaving your College. I'm all too aware that my presence has aroused suspicion, especially in Ancano, you Thalmor associate. Nevertheless, my Order will not act directly. You must take it upon yourself to do so."

"Okay, I'll help but I don't know what to do to help."

He nodded in understanding. "Unfortunately, the future is as obscured to us as it is to you. The overwhelming power of the Eye makes it difficult for us to see. I fear I have already overstepped the bounds of my Order, but I will offer this: seek out the Augur of Dunlain here in your College. His perception may be more coherent than ours."

"Okay, I could ask more questions but I'm sure some in the college can help me."

"I am afraid I must leave you now. We will continue to watch over you, and guide you as best we can. It is within you to succeed. Never forget that."

As soon as it began, life returned as I looked around. Aren stared at me, and I think he had an inkling that something just happened. As for Ancano, he breezed by me, and started demanding answers from the monk. Considering he was now an ally, I didn't appreciate the tone of his next question.

"Don't play coy with me, monk. You asked to see a specific member of the College. Here he is. Now what is it that you want?"

"I'm afraid there's been a misunderstanding. I really should just take my leave."

Ancano stepped forward, so I did the same thing, grabbing the Thalmor by the shoulder, digging my fingers into where it would hurt the most. "You leave with the thanks of this College. Please enjoy a pleasant trip home," I stated, keeping my tone friendly. Ancano struggled so I just dug my fingers in harder as the monk walked by.

Once he disappeared out the door, I let go of Ancano, who knew better than to antagonise, simply complaining to the Arch-Mage, who looked rather confused by events. I did feel a little sorry for him, but considering he'd proven to be rather useless at everything except actual magic, and I was being left to sort all this shit out, I left the pair to it and headed back to quarters.

Mirabelle was in her quarters as usual, greeting me with a long and tight hug, explaining she'd just finished teaching for the day. We ate dinner by ourselves that night instead of joining the others, before heading upstairs to the walkway once it was night time so we could gaze upon the stars. It was bitterly cold this far north, making sure we were both wrapped up in furs.

"This already feels so normal," she whispered, "The thing is, you're no apprentice. We can both admit you're not a mage, that's why I can sleep with you and not feel any guilt."

"I assume you don't normally sleep with students?"

She looked up and smiled. "Ragnar, before you, I'd gone so long without someone, I thought it might never happen again. Thank the Eight you walked into my life. It's why I leapt on you the first chance I had."

"No complaints from me either."

She sighed before continuing. "The one thing I'm trying to do is not fall in love, because I know you won't be here forever." She looked up again. "You don't have to say anything because we both know the truth. So I will simply enjoy every day you're here until you finally have to leave and solve the problems out there."

"You could come with me?"

That made her laugh but she shook her head. "No. My life is here, Ragnar. I love teaching magic and I like being surrounded by fellow mages. I feel safe here. Skyrim isn't really hospitable to those gifted with magic, so unless I managed to find a Jarl who wanted an arcane advisor, I think it's best I just remained here."

"Well, I'd have a reason to visit, at least."

"And you would always be welcome in my bed. I might not have you forever, but I'll make damned sure I can have you when the chance presents itself."

Heading downstairs when it simply became too cold to remain outside, Mirabelle cast the privacy barrier first before we slowly undressed each other, our mouths rarely apart as each article was removed. Once I had her naked, I lay her back on the bed, and while I would have enjoyed teasing her relentlessly, I could see she was soaking wet by the candlelight, and she asked if I could just begin straight away.

Good thing I loved her taste so happily trailed my tongue down her body towards her pussy, and I know I moaned myself when tasted her again. It didn't take long for her to start making some appreciative noise, and her first orgasm took no longer than a few minutes. Hearing her giggle made me laugh, admitting she was rather turned on upstairs, the only reason we didn't do anything up there being it was simply too cold.

I kept eating her out, and I didn't count the orgasms. My jaw started to hurt after a while, so I used my fingers as well, loving the noises she made, the shudders and shakes of her body, the way she arched her back and moaned when I did something right. "Gods," she would breath, or perhaps she'd breath my name, either my real name or Dragonborn, the sort of little things that simply made my cock rock hard.

"I need you inside me," she finally whispered, wasting little time moving up her body and blindly sliding inside her. I groaned loudly when I buried myself.

"Two minutes," I joked. She kissed me hard, no doubt tasting herself, as I slowly made love to her.

I was wrong by a couple of minutes, but I didn't last long at all the first time. But considering how turned on we both were, I remained rather hard and just kept on going. Our lips again barely parted, feeling her fingers dig into my back and her legs wrap around me.

"I love you," she whispered upon breaking the kiss. So much for not admitting it.

"I love you," I whispered back, and I meant it. She blinked rapidly when I answered back, kissing me softly.

Rolling onto my back, taking her with me, I adjusted my legs so she could ride and kiss me at the same time. She looked absolutely stunning, her skin glistening with sweat in the low light, her lips parted and eyes alive as she looked into mine. I caressed her cheek, running a hand through her short hair. It was at times like that I remembered.

"I look just like her?" she asked softly.

"Aye. Plenty of similarities." Kissing her, I added, "But you are most definitely Belle."

That made her smile, and when she leaned back, moving my hands to her hips, I knew we were both going to enjoy the next few minutes. Watching her bounce up and down on my cock, her small breasts jiggling, with all the noise she made in addition to that, it was no surprise she enjoyed another orgasm. She only stopped briefly before continuing, only asking to change when I suggested I was close.

When she hopped off and got on her hands and knees, that was the signal she wanted to be fucked. Getting into position behind her, I leaned over her body, putting my lips near her ear. "You're so tight like this, Belle," I said softly.

"And your cock feels enormous," she moaned back, "Fuck me, Dragonborn."

"Love it when you call me that."

I did as she requested, and I lasted all of five minutes before I buried myself one last time and erupted. We ended up collapsing ono the bed, keeping myself from squashing her by using a forearm. When I made to get off her, she asked for me to stay inside her for just a little longer. "I love the feeling when we're connected," she stated.

Once I was soft and fell out, we cleaned up first before snuggling. Running her hand up and down my chest, her head nestled between shoulder and head, she whispered, "I meant it."

"So did I, Belle. Trust me, so did I. It's why I'll definitely be coming back time and again."

"And your other women?"

"Know all about you already and understand. Our lives are short. I have loved before and I'm glad I have found love again. Aela has no problem with me being here like this with you."

"Part of me wants to tie you to the bed so you can't leave."

"Part of me probably wouldn't complain about that."

We chatted a little longer before turning onto my side so she could spoon against me. I loved holding her body against mine. She was rather delicate and she certainly enjoyed being held in my arms, constantly running her hands over my body. As she said often, I was definitely no mage. I was her warrior.

The next morning over breakfast with the others, I finally broached the subject I actually wanted to talk to her about. The glare she returned was not pleasant. "That's nothing you need to concern yourself with." Then she seemed to remember who I was and I'd only ask for a good reason. The first thing she did was kiss me and apologise. "Sorry... sorry, it's just..."

I chuckled as she stumbled over her words, obviously embarrassed. "I'm assuming it's a sensitive subject?"

She grabbed our plates, taking us back to her quarters. She didn't use magic for privacy, simply sitting at her desk and keeping her voice low. "It's not something most of us discuss, Ragnar. It is definitely something easily misunderstood by those who don't understand. The Augur is down in the Midden, an area below the College." Then she grabbed my hand. "Ragnar, I know who you are and all, but I can only recommend you go down there unless it's absolutely necessary."

"It's to do with the orb."

"I thought so." She sighed. "Okay, I know how good you are. But, please, be careful when you go down there. No-one does willingly."

She suggested I definitely go down armed and armoured, leading me to the trap door that was the main access point from the college. She kissed me before opening it, suggested again that I be careful, before I climbed down the ladder.

It was utterly freezing as most of the walls were sheet ice, and I quickly understood her caution as the Midden was infested by things that didn't appreciate my presence. Nothing too concerning, and it was the sheer cold that I found more bothersome. It was worse than the night before on the walkway!

It took a while, and one or two wrong turns, as the Midden felt like a maze at times, but I finally arrived at a locked door, and only then did a deep voice speak from behind it.

"Your perseverance will only lead to disappointment." I tried the door again. I needed answers from whatever this Augur was. He could either open it or I'd use my Thu'um. "Still you persist? Very well, you may enter."

The door opened without me touching it again and it was only then that I learned what the Augur of Dunlain really was. I really can't explain it, but he or it was a floating mass of... something. Energy? Magicka? I couldn't be sure as it was beyond my understanding. Before I could even ask a question, it was almost like it could read my thoughts.

"I am that which you have been seeking. Your efforts are in vain. It has already begun. But those who have sent you have not told you what they seek. What you seek."

"And what is it that I'm seeking?" I asked, wondering how much it already knew.

"You see that which all who wield magic seek. Knowledge. You shall find this: Knowledge will corrupt. It will destroy. It will consume. You seek meaning, shelter in Knowledge. You will not find it. The Thalmor sought the same thing, and it shall lead to his end as it has so many others."

Hang on, that definitely captured my attention! "Thalmor? You mean Ancano? What did that arrogant bastard want?"

"He seeks information about the Eye, but what he will find shall be quite different. His path will cross yours in time, but first you must find that which you need."

"And what is it that I need?"

"You, and those aiding you, wish to know more about the Eye of Magnus. You wish to avoid the disaster of which you are not yet aware. To see through Magnus' Eye without being blinded, you require his staff. Events now spiral quickly towards the inevitable centre, so you must act with haste. Take this knowledge to your Arch-Mage."

I didn't mind taking instructions like that. The Augur was clearly powerful and apparently all-knowing. I almost believed he could predict the future. After giving thanks, which was greeted with silence as the light that appeared when he spoke dimmed immediately, I quickly made my way through the Midden, finding the ladder that led me back to the surface.

Heading straight for the Arch-Mage's quarters, he was busy doing whatever he did during each and every day, and barely seemed to sense I was even standing near him. I eventually cleared my throat to gain his attention. "Arch-Mage, I have some news and information for you."

He didn't look up from what he was ready though did ask, "Really? And what might that be?"

"We need to find the Staff of Magnus."

I must have told him something quite ridiculous as the old man chuckled. "While I'd certainly love to have such a powerful staff, I'm not really sure that would be of any use to us."

"I was told the staff is connected to that orb we found."

Now I had his attention, finally looking up, greeting me with a curious eye. "Oh, and who told you all this?"

"The Augur of Dunlain."

"Did you really? And he specifically mentioned the Staff of Magnus?"

"Aye. It is of vital importance to what's going on here."

He seemed surprised, though considering I don't think he had a clue what was going on around the college, Mirabelle basically ensuring things ran smoothly, I wasn't surprised myself. "I... I'm impressed with your initiative. Of course, someone will need to follow up on this."

"Aye, I figured it'll be me. What do you suggest?"

Now he was interested and intrigued, leading me towards his bookshelves. He eventually picked out a dusty old tome, flicking through the pages. Whether it was information for me or not, I'm not sure. "Something as specific and ancient as the Staff of Magnus... I'm not sure we'd ever find something like that... I seem to recall Mirabelle mentioning the staff somewhat recently. Why don't you see if she can tell you anything?"

I figured she would be involved again. "I'll go have a word with her then."

"I'll see if I can find anything in these books, but to be honest, considering how ancient the staff is..." He then turned away and seemed to forget I was present within a few seconds. I left without a word.

Mirabelle was busy teaching a class, so I headed back to Winterhold, asking the innkeeper if I had any letters. There were none, so I sat down and enjoyed a couple of tankards instead. Winterhold being as isolated and small as it was, I was the only one in there the entire time.

I returned to the college once night had fallen, enjoying dinner with my fellow students before heading to Mirabelle's quarters. Pleased to see me as always, I had to stop her before we were intimate. "I need to ask you a couple of things. About what's going on with that orb." We sat together on the bed before I asked, "Do you know anything about the Staff of Magnus?"

She wasn't stupid, though did ask, "Did Savos send you in my direction?"

"Aye. He said you've mentioned it recently."

That made her chuckle. "Recently? It was months ago, Ragnar. I only brought it to his attention when the Synod showed up looking for it. They were apparently under the impression we were keeping it in a closet somewhere."

"There's a chance the staff is connected to the Eye of Magnus?"

"The what?"

"That's what the Augur called the orb we found."

"Just what is going on, Ragnar? The Eye of Magnus? The Augur of Dunlain being involved? And Ancano is... I'm not sure, but I definitely don't trust him."

I shuffled closer and grabbed her hand. "Do you trust me?" I asked softly.

"More than anyone."

"Something is going on here, Belle. And I think it could even prove more dangerous than the dragon issue. I need your help regarding the staff. Whatever you can tell me might just help me end whatever danger is looming over the horizon."

"Well, it's said to be very powerful. Has the capacity to store an incredible amount of magical power, as the story goes. But it's more myth than anything at this point. I've no doubt it actually exists, but no one has seen it in what, decades? Longer? I'm not sure. The only time I've heard it mentioned was when those Synod characters showed up some months ago looking for it."

"That's the second time you've mentioned the Synod. Who are they and what did they want?"

"Mages based out of Cyrodiil. They fancy themselves the Imperial Authority on magic these last few hundred years. My understanding is that all they really do is make noise in an attempt to curry favour from the Emperor. Lots of politics, little magic. I was quite surprised to find them on our doorstep. They seemed amiable enough, but their line of questioning made me... Well, to be honest, it made a little uneasy considering the power they believe they wield. It became clear they're trying to hoard powerful artefacts, looking to consolidate power."

"So no-one knows the location of the staff?"

"No one here does. The Synod seemed convinced it was somewhere here in Skyrim. They inquired about the ruins of Mzulft, but that's all I remember. It sounded like they were heading there, though they were rather secretive about why. I suppose if you're intent on looking for the staff, there's a chance they might be in Mzulft yet. Just don't expect them to be cooperative."