All Comments on 'Dream Weaver Ch. 04'

by WifeWatchman

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
chytownchytown10 months ago

*****Very entertaining series. Thanks for sharing.

WhitewaterbumWhitewaterbum10 months ago

I was 50% right. Very good writing WW. Worried about Don’s back.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Could have been a good stand alone story, dragging in a dozen characters from other stories just ruined the whole thing. I did like the patriotism.

Ravey19Ravey19about 2 years ago

What a convoluted story. Brilliant. I had no idea what was going on at the beginning and was so glad I'd got it wrong.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 4 years ago
WOW

Very few things have taken my time as this your story have. I just couldn't wait to know how it would end... and what a twist! Good one! I'm happy I came across your story.

dauberdauberabout 4 years ago
What a series

Thank you for this great read. You had me so taken with the storyline and characters, i had no inkling of the twist at the end. Really good writing.

Firmhands5Firmhands5over 6 years ago
Am fortunate

To be reading now - there is still more coming! Such a series and thank you so much!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Joe Smedley

A tribute to MG Smedley D. Butler, USMC, awarded TWO Medals of Honor, maybe? Keep going!!!

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 7 years agoAuthor
It's not over.

I'm writing the next story. Not rushing it, though. Please be patient.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
A magnus opus indeed! I can't stand that it's over

Loved your character development

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Bravo

I second the comment that had you inserted the traffic accident at the end of the prior series and then wrote Dream Weaver in one 16 page chapter you would not have gotten the negative reactions you did.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Outcut please

Please post the deleted and/or ommited parts as an interim chapter.

I know, it is harder to do this, because the storyline is already set, but I want to know what was going on.

I was when I started reading this story-arc deeply mystified about what was happening, I assumed the IC was having a really hellish nightmare due to exhaustion or something else, but not a kidnap by a rogue CIA-cell that was a real surprise.

Take your time off, relax and enjoy writing the last cases of this series now the pressure of the business with the CoC is delt with.

Thanks for writing these stories.

Herman Grootaers

covenant_mancovenant_manover 7 years ago
Don't give up

My .02: Don't give up on trying new things because of a negative reaction. Sure, this one may not have turned out as well as you had hoped, but others did. I might suggest making a single, longer story if you want to go this far off the ranch again. Personally, I would have enjoyed this story a lot more if I had read it in a single go, as opposed to broken up with several days in between chapters.

Don't get me wrong, I love seeing a new submission pop up every few days, but I read chapter 1 and it felt as if you'd just dropped a nuclear bomb on everything we knew. And then we had to stew on that for a few days until the next chapter came out - and our angst wasn't resolved, and we're left to stew for a few more days, etc, etc.

It was hard - beloved characters killed in the blink of an eye. Entire histories erased. Obviously, looking back, those changes all make sense. But, having it spread out over the course of a week, instead of over the course of an hour, or a few hours, was rough (for me, anyway).

Didn't hate it. Didn't love it. But definitely no anger or hate directed your way!

pe1erpe1erover 7 years ago
I couldn't see what the premise was

I refrained from commenting about or scoring the earlier parts, because I couldn't see where it was going, and it seemed so out of character, although part way through I suspected it might be a dream.

I think it might have been easier to follow if the epilogue of A Tiny Slip had instead been at the start of Dream Weaver, but it is obviously the author's prerogative to decide that.

However, having now seen the end of Dream Weaver and understood the premise, I've scored all the parts as 5 stars!

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
I think it's because we don't like our heroes destroyed.

That was why you got the strongly negative reaction to your brilliant writing experiment at the start of Dream Weaver.

I also think that if you wished to add in the missing content, now that all your fans understand that the IC wasn't, in fact, being "written out of his own story" so to speak, you'd get a much more positive reaction to what you'd left on the cutting room floor. (I, for one, would love to read it all!)

I think it was the surprise at the jarring transition between the helicopter heroics and fall of the CoC at the IC's hands to the dramatic "awakening" next to Melina ...that is where your fans went a little too far off kilter. As I said, we don't like seeing our heroes fall, and without any sort of security blanket to hold on to, we were seeing our hero "un-made", and that led to strong emotional reactions. Some of us should have trusted you more and typed less. But as another commentor said, the strong reaction was also a measure of our devotion to your story and characters. So you should take that as a compliment for a writer that it is.

So, any chance of seeing that film you left on the cutting room floor? :-)

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
First Great Story Keep it Up!

Second I would be Enjoying the fact I had so many people up in arms BECAUSE it shows I had done a great job of building the backgrounds of the participants in this story, Every one is so connected with them and anything that happens to them gets a big reaction. So keep this in mind when the Sheeple get riled up! Never rush to finish the story because of critic statements, so that you go and delete content you really wanted to put into the story because that just cheapens your art, and what you are doing is ART, you are good at this. I personally cheered when Cindy came through that door with her crowbar. I figured it was coming but still I loved it. I picked up on your story late and have just finished reading the whole thing for the second time. and was surprised what I picked up the second time through that I missed the first time. but heck I do the same reading a Stephen Coonts novel. 10**********

Many_MemoriesMany_Memoriesover 7 years ago
FAN - *#* - TASTIC! Story!

I have enjoyed this "tale" immensely from start to finis - and I hope that it is NOT complete! I look forward to more! The only comment other than that is, while I was in Japan, I was informed that you do not "commit" seppuku - You "PERFORM" seppuku! And it is usually accomplished by the insertion of the katana just under the belt and swiped across, severing everything but the spine. So I was told...

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
from eg34904

WOW, loved ALL YOUR STORIES, including this one. It is sad that a lot of the negative comments, are just jealous, and can't even write stories, let alone understand how to follow along a good story line. I do know it is hard to write stories, and yet you seem to have a natural talent for doing it, so PLEASE CONTINUE to do it, and don't worry about the nasty jerks, that insist on being critics, rather just enjoying, or staying away. Not knowing IC was kidnapped, at the start of story, made it harder to understand, what was happening to IC, for me. AND his partner, Cindy, sure didn't let me down, saving the IC, IC still has lots of enemies to deal with, so there are quite a few stories left to write, as I see it. Jack Lewis, the senators, just to name a few.

WifeWatchmanWifeWatchmanover 7 years agoAuthor
Not getting rid of me that easily

Okay, y'all are not getting rid of me that easily. The next story is being written, but after the major push this past four months to get this "year" of stories done, the pace may slow down a bit, so be patient.

Just want to re-iterate two points: 1) while I appreciate the positive comments, as well as the comments trying to figure out the stories, obviously the Dream Weaver story was not well received. I don't mind people not liking a story; as I said before, it's your prerogative and privilege to not like a story. However, when I get messages saying "How DARE you change the characters! You suck! I'm going to *1-bomb you to death!", I start to not have fun writing these stories. I meant for Dream Weaver to have a lot more in it, but the reaction was SO negative that I cut out a lot of stuff and just put what was needed and finished the story as quickly as I could. It was originally a lot of fun to write, but that changed with the vicious comments. And if it gets to be no fun writing these stories, then I'll stop writing them.

2) partly related to the above, I am still disappointed that people did not even consider what might be going on, jumped the gun, and started hating on my stories. I've often enjoyed trying new things, going in different directions. The whole Amy story arc, and the attack on the Feeleys (especially baby Pete), caused some strong reactions, but people went with it. No such patience with Dream Weaver... the attacks just started in. The point here (as opposed to part 1 above), is that I no longer feel comfortable about trying new things. Oh, I'll try new things if I want to, and without regard to the response, but now the fun of doing THAT is no longer there.

So we'll see how it goes, but I sure hope I don't see the visceral reactions I got for Dream Weaver. Now you see how it ended, and it's all praise and high vote scores... where was that in Chapters 1 and 2? Oh, that's right, too busy jumping the gun and ASSUMING things...

(/soapbox)

666iceman666icemanover 7 years ago
MORE

When one master criminal gang is broken or taken down, another will always step up to take over the void that is left. Hence the IC and his team will have more to chase down, a return to Apple Grove for one and regain some law and order as well as hand out some justice. Malina is still someone who as we are told by Todd only just (not long ago) joined the CIA. Can Mrs IC afford to retire if he continues to go after criminals as she needs to cover his back. That leads me onto his (IC's) back in the physical way, as having been in two chopper crashes, I was retired after a while due to injuries to the back that could not be repaired. Grit and determination will keep IC stories for a little longer and then if WW wants he can retire him like I was to live happy ever after. Please WW the old IC has a few more stories coming. Just post it here so we can breath easy for a while until its posted, just let us know. An avid fan of your true writing skills and fantastic mind.

tazz317tazz317over 7 years ago
ALMOST EVERYTHING PATTON STOOD FOR IS CORRECT

its the people he aggravated were anti-establishment TK U MLJ LV NV

GrandPaMGrandPaMover 7 years ago
"Finis"!?

...of this chapter, I hope you mean.

Though, with many of the main plot threads now tied up, you're in a position to put the pen down on the whole IC saga, should you so choose. I'm hoping that's not what you meant...?

Regardles, I stand and applaud you and the IC saga, WW.

beau6beau6over 7 years ago
Whew!

Thanks for giving us the Iron Crowbar!

LeFrog08LeFrog08over 7 years ago
A feel good chapter.

All is well once more.

Thank you, WW.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Thank you

WW, thank you for continuing to share your brilliance with us, your loyal readers.

Jeremy

Patton_McGroinPatton_McGroinover 7 years ago
Excellent!

You had a few folks going with your dream sequence but I knew in my gut that something strange was going on. Great job on the entire story and I look forward to where future stories may take you.

CSD2CSD2over 7 years ago
All glory is fleeting

Given your audience issues on this one...truer words were never spoken.

There is a flip side. History of the World, part 1. Commander Marcus Vindictis is given an audience to Emperor Nero. A toad is behind him whispering, Remember thou art mortal, remember thou art mortal, remember thou art mortal!

The Commander whispers back...Go Blow it out your ass!

Words to live by. Scribe. Well done.

CSD2CSD2over 7 years ago
All glory is fleeting

Given the struggles with your audience during this arc, truer words were never spoken.

So the next time the masses howl for your head, remember this scene from History of the World, part 1. Commander Marcus Vindictis walking up to perform before the Emperor. A toad is behind him whispering, Remember thou art mortal,remember thou art mortal,remember thou art mortal!

The Commander whispers back...Go Blow it out your ass.

Take heed and continue the tale, Scribe. Well done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Wonderful Story

Thank you for sharing.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
OUTSTANDING!!!!!! WW

Five double-cheeseburgers since the scoring only allows 5 stars. It really should be about 10 double-cheeseburgers as another avid reader put it! Yes, some did have little faith and really questioned it. In end 'good' triumphed 'evil'! Where do we go from here WW?!

wildlady63

mouse4472mouse4472over 7 years ago
Thank you and sorry....

You are the master story teller. I think a number of us got lost in the CIA tricks and we should of had the confidence in you to see us through to the end. Many thanks for your stories and please continue.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Salute

Salute to all the heroes irrespective of gender in this story and the biggest salute to WifeWatchman

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userWifeWatchman@WifeWatchman
2168 Followers
In an exercise of pure censorship, Literotica published all 5 chapters of my story "Climate Injustice" and then removed them, saying the readers of their explicit sex site(!) want safe spaces from politics(!!) I have published "Climate Injustice" on my Patreon site where the ...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES

Dream Weaver Series Info