Driving Metal Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

He looked at her with an odd expression as his mind wrapped itself around all of that and began to process it. He scooped another bite onto the spoon and fed it to her. "Wow. I really hope someone comes along that shows you how special you are," he said softly after several long moments. "You're pretty amazing, Willow."

A soft blush dusted her cheeks, "Thank you, Master Kyp," she smiled at him softly, "You're pretty amazing yourself."

"Thanks," he said softly. "And thanks for stopping for the ice cream. This really hit the spot."

"I'm always happy to serve you, Master Kyp," she patted his knee, "So, what else would you like to know about me?" She tilted her head, "I can tell you that I don't snore, but according to Frank I occasionally sing in my sleep."

"Oh? He say what kind of songs?" Kyp asked.

"No, but he might have a recording," she shrugged, "I tend to sing along to my music when I'm awake, so...," she trailed off. She looked at him curiously, "Why do you ask, Master Kyp?"

"Just curious what kind of music you like enough that you'd sing it," he smiled.

"I'm a rocker, Master Kyp," she responded, "I have drums and a driving guitar riff in my bones. One of the first songs I learned on piano was Metallica's Enter Sandman, my latest, Master of Puppets."

He chuckled as he stood to put the ice cream away. "My kinda girl...," when he had, he went back into the back and came back out with a guitar. Sitting back down he started plucking out the opening riff of Enter Sandman.

She stuck her tongue out at him, then started singing the lyrics quietly, her thick Australian accent slipping out as they drove through the night. After that song, before he could start another she interrupted, "Shouldn't you be getting some sleep, Master Kyp, or are you going to power through it and nap tomorrow?" She raised a brow, "After all we want you nice and healthy when we get to Dallas."

He sighed. "Fine. I just kinda wanted to make up for... you know... missing two years of this. Sorry." He stood and smiled at her. "I'm glad I finally got to meet you, Willow. I look forward to talking with you more."

"I'm glad I finally got to meet you in person too, Master Kyp," she reached up and took his hand, squeezing it gently while focused on the road. "Tell you what, I'll shift my sleep schedule a little bit, to get up a little earlier, and you can stay up a little later, and we can visit, yeah?"

"I'd like that. It's a date. Er... you know what I mean...," he chuckled, blushing slightly as he went back to the back and quietly closed the door.

She giggled and kept driving, ignoring the brief pang of sadness at his absence. She reached up to touch her neck briefly, then sighed, focusing on the road, she had another hundred miles to go before daylight. When Frank woke, he checked his messages, then joined her in the passenger seat to finish waking up. "So...," he prodded almost playfully.

"You were right, Papa Frank," she responded, rolling her eyes, "We stopped because he wanted ice cream, yes his look of confusion at seeing me was completely adorable. We spent a portion of the night talking then I made him go to bed, which he pouted about, and was also cute."

"So you think he's cute," Frank said with a smile, "That mean you're going to agree to the day shift?"

"Maybe," her nose crinkled, "We'll see, he said he wants to spend time with me, so I'll probably get up a little earlier, but not too much, safety first." She flicked the switch to ease them off at a rest stop. "Bathroom break, then swap?"

"Sounds good," Frank responded and reached out to rub her head. She giggled and pressed into his hand, "So, you think he's cute, and you're going to spend time with him. Well, at least he's not like the rest of the band."

"I know." She grinned, "He fed me ice cream while I was driving, it was... really sweet."

Frank smiled at her fondly as she parked the bus, he hopped out to start filling it up while she bounded inside to wash up and pick up drinks and snacks and some pizza because it smelled really good coming out of the oven. Willow placed one in the fridge for Kyp when he woke up, then the other one she put in the fridge at the front of the bus. "Alright, going to pass out now. See you in eight." She climbed up to her bed, pulled her headphones on, and was gone to the world.

It was a couple more hours before Kyp woke up, stretching and then smiling to himself at the events of the previous evening. Willow was indeed an amazing girl, and he was glad he was going to get the chance to get to know her. His smile broadened when he recalled how cute she looked when he fed her ice cream. Women had no business being that adorable. It wasn't fair. There was no resisting that. It was like, the sexist nuclear option. He chuckled, then put on some clean clothes and walked out front. "Hey, Frank."

"Hey boss," he grinned at Kyp, "So you met Willow...," he prodded.

"Told you, huh? Yeah... I'd be a little pissed at you and Jimmy for not telling me, but... I'm pretty sure this one's all on me." He chuckled, shaking his head. "She's a pretty amazing girl, though. I'm glad I finally got to meet her."

Frank shrugged, "You can be pissed at Jimmy, I mentioned getting a new night driver, but you were also ready to pass out so...," he trailed off. "Besides, she wasn't upset about it, felt you needed your rest more than being awake with a 'fan girl'.

"That's what I figured," he sighed. "Oh well. No help for it now but to get to know her now that I can. So she said something about you and Alice adopting her or something? What's that about?"

"She's an orphan. Alice brought her home one day while I was on the road, and sent me a message that we had a kid. I get home and there's this adorable little four-year-old kicking her feet in a chair far too big for her and staring at me with the biggest brown eyes." Frank mused reminiscing, "Well, I couldn't tell her or Alice no. Jimmy helped make the adoption happen, then she decided she wanted to be a driver like her Papa Frank. After her last run with Hyperflight, she asked if we needed a night driver, Jimmy gave her the job and she's been with us ever since."

"She drove for Hyperflight?" he asked. At Frank's nod, Kyp chuckled. "God, I'm so sorry. I'll bet that was... traumatizing."

"Let's just say she saw things that she can never unsee and recommends all women drivers avoid Hyperflight as a driving gig," Frank murmured diplomatically. He wiggled his eyebrows at Kyp, "So you think she's amazing."

Kyp sat back and pondered that for a brief moment before murmuring, "Yeah. I kinda do..." He looked over at Frank and asked. "Is that going to get my ass kicked by you and Alice?"

"No, you're a good person Kyp," Frank said solemnly, "I might tease you, but you're a good man. Now if it was your drummer on the other hand," his hands tightened briefly on the steering wheel, "He's a little to... free with his affections for my little girl. Besides, she thinks you're cute."

"Yeah? She said that?" he asked.

"Yes," Frank responded, "Of course, she's always been a fan of your music, that's why we take turns watching the bus when you're on tour so she can see some of your concerts. You've probably even seen her in the crowd. She's always front row, far left." Frank reached into his pocket and pulled out his wallet, flicking it open, then handing it to Kyp. The picture inside it was of the stage and a goth girl bouncing and waving her hands madly in the air as she vibed to the music.

He blinked. "God, I feel stupid. Of course. I've seen her. I'm starting to think I need to get my head checked, Frank...," he chuckled.

Frank laughed, "You probably figured she was just a groupie, which is what she wanted people to think. After all, there's no way a groupie would be driving around the great Kyp Goeffries."

"Frank, I'm not great. I'm just a guy playing in a band. It's not like I'm... curing cancer or anything..."

Frank rolled his eyes, "She wrote her thesis on rock stars." He reached over and pressed a button on his radio, and Willow's soft voice filled the cab, 'Musicians come in different types, from country to rock, rap to classical, but they all contain one key element, they bring people together. People need music, it helps them communicate pleasure and pain. I know some people want to dismiss them because they're not doctors or lawyers, and oftentimes aren't seen as very smart, but they do something those smart people don't often do. They give people hope, they give people a chance to dream. Doctors might be important, but when you go see them the most time you get with them is five or ten minutes. You see nurses more than your doctor, but musicians, you see them for hours. They're on stage, singing, playing and you can spend time with them after the show, autographs, and visits.' Her voice paused for a moment, as she seemed to take a drink, 'In this paper, I discuss the different types of rock stars I have encountered, and tell you about my favorite.' Before she continued, Frank reached over and pushed the button, turning it off and raising a brow at Kyp. "See."

"So you're going to leave me hanging. Thanks, Frank," he smiled wryly. "Seriously, though. How the hell did she get any of those stuffy professor types to take a thesis on rock and roll seriously?"

"Well, she's cute and stubborn, and... they didn't at first, but then it was pointed out that it was for a psychology doctorate and fit the parameters they gave, and if they didn't take her seriously it could be viewed as very 'bad' for the college." He paused, "Then Jimmy talked to them. He sends a lot of students their way and mentioned that he'd start sending them elsewhere if they didn't at least grade it on the merit if not the subject matter. Needless to say, she got her doctorate and they got to keep getting paid. Everybody is happy."

"God, he's slick, though...," Kyp breathed in amazement.

"Yes, yes he is," Frank responded, "And I'm not leaving you hanging, you're smart enough to figure out who her favorite is if you stop and think about it." Frank looked at him knowingly.

Kyp sighed. "Yeah... It's kind of hard to compete with Taylor Swift...," he said mischievously. When Frank punched him in the arm, he rubbed it. "Ow, Gramps! I was just kidding...,"

"She put your favorite pizza in your fridge," Frank responded dryly, noting that Kyp's eyes and expression got weirdly soft.

"I'll be sure to thank her," he said, getting up to go and have some. As he reached for the door to the back of the bus, he stopped. "Hey, Frank? Do you believe in Fate?'

"Yes," Frank responded easily, "I believe that everything happens for a reason even if we don't always understand the reason."

"I didn't... used to," he said softly before walking into the back of the bus and closing the door, a red-headed gamer girl all he could see in his mind's eye.

~~ Dallas, Texas, May 2068 ~~

They rolled into the arena in Dallas at about eleven in the morning. The band was already there starting to set up for the concert and the soundstage had already been erected. Kyp walked off the bus and was immediately swarmed and carried off for business, leaving Frank there. Frank watched him go then shook his head in amusement before shutting the bus down so that it was ready to sit all day.

That night, when he played, he glanced to the front row, left-hand side, and she was there bouncing to the music. Pigtails and makeup, a black spiked collar around her neck, and a Morticia Addams dress clung to her body, it was scandalously cute. She waved in excitement and bounced some more. She looked taller at the moment, she was wearing a pair of platform boots that went to her knees.

At the end of their set, he went back, and Kyp switched out the last song to another one they knew. Heading back up to the mic, he stated. "All right. This band has always been one of my inspirations since we started doing this. And this song... is for a very special friend of mine who's one of the coolest people I know." And with that, he and the lead guitarist launched into the opening riff for Metallica's Master of Puppets. As he played, he slowly turned his head to look at Willow once more.

Willow's face lit up and she beamed at him, then winked and blew him a kiss before dancing to the music. She looked so happy, and when the song was over and everyone was throwing red roses, she threw three tulips, a red one, a yellow one, and a violet one. She winked at him, then slipped away as the rest of the band noticed where his attention was focused. When the set ended and they were heading towards the hotel, Hank poked Kyp, "So, who's the girl? Is she hot? Is our Kyp in love?"

"Down boy. She's a really good friend. We'll see where that takes us, but in the meantime, she's really nice to talk to," he replied.

Hank held up his hands, "Hitting the bars with us, or going to go talk with your friend some more?" Hank wiggled his brows teasingly, unable to resist.

"Brother, I don't hit the bars because I don't drink. I didn't hit the bars before I knew this girl, and I'm not going to after. But yeah. I'm going to go talk to her some more. You guys have fun, just don't get too trashed. We've got Austin tomorrow night, Houston the following, and then the USO concert over in El Paso for 1st Armored the next day." He paused, then leaned in. "Rumor is that Jimmy even convinced them to run us around in a tank the day after the concert."

James spoke up, almost sober for once, "Jimmy could sell snow cones to penguins."

Kyp nodded, "That's no joke."

When they got to the car, the other three peeled off, letting Kyp take the armored car to the hotel, while they took a different one to go get wasted and have fun. "Where too, Master Kyp?" Came the soft voice of Willow from the front seat.

He smiled at the sound of her voice. "Well, there's this amazing and pretty girl that I'd like to have dinner with, but outside of a distinctly good taste in pizza and Ben & Jerry's ice cream, I have no idea what kind of food she likes. Any suggestions?"

"Well, I know a girl that has a fondness for a good steak and since we're in Texas," she trailed off and winked at him in the rearview. "How does steak sound, Master Kyp?"

"Steak is always apropos," he said with a grin. "Any favorite places? And do you want to try and eat there or do you want to take it back to the hotel and we can eat it in my room?" He paused, "And no, despite how that sounded, it was not a simple attempt to lure you back to my bed. I really enjoyed our time last night. I'd like that to happen more. I want to know you, Willow. Really know you."

She grinned at him, "I know," she put the car into drive and eased out into traffic, "I was thinking dinner, then we'd head back to your hotel room and play some HALO before I was mean and made you go to bed again."

"I'd like that." He said, then added, "A lot."

She drove, it took them close to twenty minutes but she eased around the corner to a semi-lit parking lot in front of an ancient building, a faded sign of a cow was dimly lit. "Come on," she hopped out, then let him out, hooking arms with him. "Best steak place in Texas," she murmured, "Also one of the most discrete, you'll be treated like a normal person here unless you're an ass." The inside was dim but comfortable, and he could smell the slow-roasting meat. She led him to the counter to order, and he chuckled at the sight of a sign, on the wall, with the 'extra' charges for being an ass.

He ordered what sounded good and noted that she didn't order the typical waif girl order of a salad with no dressing and water. That was another thing he liked about her. She was real. She liked food, and well, life. It felt really good being around her. She led them back to a secluded booth in the back and they sat down. "This place smells really good," he noted.

"It's my second favorite place to eat," she responded with a beaming grin. She reached across the table to gently squeeze his hand, "I'm happy to share it with you. I know you probably don't get out much."

"I get out a ton. I live in California. This is Dallas. See? I'm out," he grinned. "Second favorite, huh? What's your first?"

"There's a Chinese restaurant in Austin," she responded, "They make the best chicken curry."

"Well, I'll tell you what. It just so happens that I have a gig in Austin tomorrow night. What would you say to a date over Chinese food?" he asked with a soft smile.

"Sounds good," she beamed at him, sitting back as their plates arrived, the steaks were massive along with all the sides that were set between them. "It'll make a nice second date, then we can watch a movie after." She focused on her food, starting after he did, then neatly cutting it up and eating it, a near orgasmic groan of pleasure at the taste escaping.

The pair ate and talked for the next couple of hours. They were the last ones in the restaurant and when they left, Kyp pulled out several twenty-dollar bills and set them on the table as a tip, in gratitude for their patience. "I'm going to have to remember this place. We'll come back through Dallas early next year, I'm guessing. This was worth having again."

"My schedule says you'll be hitting Dallas again in April," she responded, leading him out to the car. She opened the rear door for him to get in, "back to the hotel and HALO, Master Kyp?"

He nodded, his fingers brushing hers as he slid into the back seat of the car. She had soft skin, and it felt really nice. "Hotel and HALO," he replied softly.

She smiled at him, then slid behind the wheel of the car to drive them back. True to her word, his room had already been set up with an Xbox hooked up to the tv and two controllers. She sat beside him on the couch and nudged him with her elbow, "Ready to splatter some aliens, Master Kyp?"

"Hell yes," he said, cracking his knuckles.

The next several hours passed with them teasing each other, shooting aliens, and drinking Mountain Dew, it was well after one am when her phone chirped and she squeaked looking at it, "Holy shit, you should be sleeping, Master Kyp." She looked up at him, at some point she had scooted closer to him and was using him as a heater in the chill of the hotel while they were playing.

"What about you?" he asked, blinking his eyes, suddenly tired just because she had mentioned it.

"What about me?" Her head tilted, "I'm your night driver, that means I'm up all night and sleep all day." She rose to her feet and stretched, "Come on, let's get you to bed. Do you want me to tuck you in?"

"I mean... I'm not going to tell you 'no'...," he grinned, wiggling his eyebrows at her playfully as he stood.

She giggled, then took his arm guiding him over to the bed, first helping him out of his shirt, then tugging on the loop so his pants fell before kneeling to pull his shoes off. "You're cute, and need sleep." She looked up at him with a soft smile, "I'm not going anywhere, Master Kyp."

He sank into the bed, looked up at her, and smiled. "Good. I'd be more than a little sad if you did," he said softly.

She carefully pulled the blanket to cover him and reached up to run her fingers over his face, "Sweet dreams, Master Kyp. I'm not going anywhere and I'll be driving for you as long as you want me to." He pushed his cheek into her hand briefly before drifting off into sleep, the exhaustion from the concert and the long day catching up with him. She smiled down at him fondly, then kissed his forehead before rising to her feet and padding out of his room, locking it behind her.

~~ Austin, Texas, May 2068 ~~

Austin was another hit, she wasn't there this time, it was her turn to watch over the bus, but she was there after the show to take him to dinner. She also had him sit up front and then drove them to a different section of Austin and she parked where they could look over the lake. The reflection of the moon and the lights on the water was gorgeous, and he could see sailboats on the water. "Welcome to the other side of Austin, Master Kyp."