All Comments on 'Driving Wheels'

by UltimateSin

Sort by:
  • 56 Comments
Wh00sherWh00sherover 1 year ago

Enjoyed it, although I now compare your stories to the excellent "Outback" which was superb.

This was pretty much by the numbers but enjoyable nonetheless

What happened to the ex? Statement to police, they followed it up then nothing

skruff101skruff101over 1 year ago

Excellent work once again.

Diecast1Diecast1over 1 year ago

Love the story, I reckon it was terrific. AAAAAA++++++

bigbob2406bigbob2406over 1 year ago

Loved it.Thank you very much.

Freddog6601Freddog6601over 1 year ago

Excellent feel good story. Good job of bringing the reader into the various cities and areas in the beautiful down under.

As I continued reading towards the end I was anticipating an encounter or word of the disposition of the ex boyfriend.

Fireguy1956Fireguy1956over 1 year ago

Excellent story, very well written. Enjoyed it very much!

JamesBrooksJamesBrooksover 1 year ago

As a retired trucker, this story hit home on a few points.

lerenardruselerenardruseover 1 year ago

Made me cry. Just wish the Ex had a gruesome demise. Lovely story and characters.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Love your romances, this was great as usual. Would really enjoy a sequel or side-quel where we see how their life is after a kid or two. 5*

DevilbobyDevilbobyover 1 year ago

Loved the story not the first time I've had a tear in my eye whilst reading from these pages of yours. Nice story 5 stars,

Demosthenes384bcDemosthenes384bcover 1 year ago

Congratulations on 100 posted stories. Honest to God, I have no idea how you produce the number of stories you do in the quantities you post. Anytime I see a story by you, it immediately becomes a must read. 5*

oldpantythiefoldpantythiefover 1 year ago

Beets picking up just any old stray along side the road, lol. Loved the story but expected to hear from her x-boyfriend,. Just to hear that ne got what was coming to him if nothing else. I haven't Googled the towns in the story as you suggested, but I did Google the jacaranda trees, absolutely gorgeous. Thanks for such a heartwarming love story.

OvercriticalOvercriticalover 1 year ago

An oft-used theme here, but done well with a feel-good taste when finished. This author managed to avoid the usual end-of-story confrontation with the evil ex-boyfriend. A few silly typos, but all-in-all a good effort. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Excellent story. I enjoyed it very much.

chick2206chick2206over 1 year ago

very well written

muskyboymuskyboyover 1 year ago

I assume she got a divorce from the ex in there somewhere? Were they even married after 10 years? What happened to the boyfriend as she now would be considerably easier to find. Very romantic story, thanks!

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearover 1 year ago

Wonderful Romance as we've come to expect from you, 5 stars

Your ability to draw a reader into your world is an amazing talent. Tears, laughter, and arousal are expected as well and you delivered those as well. Thanks for Sharing!

Fuzzy_KbearFuzzy_Kbearover 1 year ago

Also wanted to say congrats on 100 stories, and wishes for 100s more. THANK YOU

linnearlinnearover 1 year ago

Wonderful as always, I've read most of your work and thoroughly enjoy it.

Smiffy69Smiffy69over 1 year ago

Love a romance story with a happy ending. Well done. 5*

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Brought back some memories. Lived in Glen Innes for a time and did the Grafton - Glen Innes run a few times. Recall being stranded at a BP gas station south of Tarcutta at 2AM waiting for the parts store in Tarcutta to open so I could by a replacement alternator. That was on one of manybtrips from RAAF Laverton to Newcastle.

ThegreyhaggisThegreyhaggisover 1 year ago

Another lovely story and congratulations for bringing up the 100 !!!

francemanfrancemanover 1 year ago

Very nice story. 5⭐

But it's funny that in all the stories only MCs eat pussy.😛 like it's an achievement or a rare occurrence.

ArediaArediaover 1 year ago

I like your stories. I always pull up Google Earth so I can see where the towns are and get a feel for the distances involved. :) Good story - well done!

SithLord6969SithLord6969over 1 year ago

[Sound f/x of thunderous applause]

Damn fine story. 5 stars abs a fave

ThefirefliesThefirefliesover 1 year ago

It’s only when you try and belt out some Barnsey at karaoke or maybe in your rig doing 100 km/h down the Pacifc when no one can hear you scream that you realise how high his range goes. I bet not many can hit those notes like he can!

PhotoMeisterPhotoMeisterover 1 year ago

Great story! (5*) Although, I would have liked to hear about what happened to her ex-boyfriend and his cronies.

Being in the US I very much enjoyed the geography. I keep Google Maps up in another tab and switch back and forth whenever a new city/town is mentioned. When I heard Longreach, I immediately thought of Outback, one of my favo(u)rite stories on Lit.

obscure72obscure72over 1 year ago

Great story and congratulations on it being your 100th. I do enjoy your work and look forward to reading more. Thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Great story, well spelt, good plot, believable, romantic. Makes a wonderful change from the yankees diddling their moms & sistuhs tripe ;)

MarshallaMarshallaover 1 year ago
Way ahead of you ...

... on looking up the towns, on Google Maps. I enjoy seeing other places, other architecture, even if you do drive on the wrong side of the road.

The story itself was good, and I enjoyed it enough to add it to my Favorites, to come back to it again.

Having a problem assigning Stars, but will try to get them (5) up in the future.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Your use of clauses is a bit odd. I don’t know if it’s an Aussie thing or not.

For example: Kissing her forehead, she snuggled closer and whispered goodnight.

I assume he kissed her forehead though the way it is written suggests she kissed her own forehead or she was a lesbian kissing another woman’s forehead.

I’m surprised Overcritical didn’t slam you for this. Getting a 5* from him is indeed a rarity.

Agree with comments about the subplot with the ex being dropped.

Overall a nice story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

2022...just another stupid teen Emily that gave up her education, studying, moving with her parents, to be with a man, an abusive man and gang banger! Just pathetic

gopher25gopher25over 1 year ago

Good story. What ever happened to Emily's abusive ex?

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Agree with others, you left the ex-boyfriend issue dangling. I expected a call asking her to testify. But I liked the story, being an old romantic.

OldGuy1946OldGuy1946over 1 year ago

Enjoyable yet predictable story. I had fun looking up the various locations on Google maps while reading.

SorchakSorchakabout 1 year ago

Just one complaint, and that's about paying attention to missed words. There were a few in this story, but the big one (for me) was where Mark had proposed: "Then I called my sister. She cried too, then I made her cry even more when I asked about any houses for sale in her or nearby suburbs." Now, I'm assuming you meant to put 'houses for sale in her AREA', and NOT houses for sale in his sister, Sally. Otherwise, that would be really awkward...

Mojo648Mojo648about 1 year ago

Did I miss what happened to that arsehole ex?

USMCVetUSMCVetabout 1 year ago

4 for not resolving the ex issue.

Ravey19Ravey19about 1 year ago

Great story, only thimg missing was the outcome for Emily's ex.

DarknsDarkns12 months ago

Awesome. As an Aussie I was able to relate greatly. Also, as I have travelled through Queensland, NSW and Victoria it was a refreshing change to be able to visualise the scenery, motorways and towns mentioned. Thanks for a thoroughly enjoyable reading experience. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Starwolf1961Starwolf196111 months ago

I'm a yank, but I still loved it. KUDOS! and 5.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

Best damn story I've ever read on here !!!

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

I really wanted to give you a 5 star but you didn’t give a long enough story like what happened with her ex which is a huge bummer

Frankie1952Frankie19527 months ago

OMG, No idea why I wanted to read this story but glad I did. As a former truckie and a patriotic Aussie I really could relate to this tale and have been to most of the places you mentioned. A time in my life driving a big rig I have often looked back on with happy memories of most of it. The emotions you weave into your stories almost always make my eyes leak. I will have to look at reading more of your work. Thanks mate.

rbloch66rbloch667 months ago

A truly wonderful story. It lacked conflict, but I’m ok with happy endings. Would have preferred a little more detailed closure regarding the ex bf.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

Poor sweet Emily. It's sickening what some people do to such beautiful, innocent women such as Emily. My heart bleeds for them. Anyone that could do such things to another human being is undeserving of life to be quite honest.

"Please don't let me go. Please stay with me forever." And thus the tears began. Mark is so lucky to have found Emily, as is she to have found him. A beautiful couple they make.

The author's note at the end mentioned Flame Trees. That was a great story. If I recall correctly the woman that cheated on the protagonist (Hannah I think her name was; can't remember the guy's name off the top of my head, though it wouldn't surprise me if it was Mark) was a right crazy slut who thought it was OK to cheat on him since before and all throughout their marriage, with some justification that she needed more than just one guy (variety or something) but still professed her love for him and harassed him periodically. She did have major issues and I think got therapy in the end but damn, that was one of the craziest cheaters I can recall in all the stories I've read. At least he found love in the end. That reminds me I think there was meant to be an alternative ending for that. Will need to check that. Outback, which was also mentioned, was a great story, too.

AnonymousAnonymous6 months ago

We loved the Love story in its entirety, and its forever and ever ending.

Thank you.

We know its not your usual style of enjoyable writing, but - you do have beautiful Romance stories in you and we would appreciate more.

ZoomdoggieZoomdoggie5 months ago

You can never go wrong with a good travelogue!

PhredDaggPhredDagg4 months ago

Not bad for an Ausie😅. Throughly enjoyed it..

XluckyleeXluckylee4 months ago

5 stars from Xluckylee

BlueBranBlueBranabout 2 months ago

I was an over the road trucker, now working a local job, and I miss the open road every day. Maybe someday I’ll find someone to make being home every night worth it. Great story!

QriosQrios28 days ago

While a few comments need closure on the Ex. I would have loved a little more Australia in this. Where is the "Dog on the Tuckerbox"? Where is the "Big Merino, The Big Pineapple" you get it I suppose. Not really enough people in Australia for trash to hide so the Ex probably ended up somewhere in South Australia in a barrel under someone's house.

Great story as are most of your stories.

Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userUltimateSin@UltimateSin
Been over six months since I've updated this and thought I should let people know what I'm up to. Stories to come: Abyss. Single chapter. Incest. Apex. Multiple chapters. Multiple categories (starting in Incest). CURRENTLY WRITING AND MAIN FOCUS FOR NOW. Blind Date. Multip...

SIMILAR Stories

Outback 
4.87
833
373
Irish Eyes 
4.82
3.5k
791
Hero's Reward 
4.85
3.6k
929
Pick You Up 
4.87
164
37
Sales Team 
4.83
3.9k
864
More Stories